Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Should I go?

Can't decide whether I should go tomorrow night or not.
Absolutely the last chance saloon - how many times have I said that and I still go back?
Want to go to pay my respects to Jimmy Drysdale. My son still won't believe that I saw Billy Connolly playing in The Golf Tavern!

Re: Should I go?

Billy Connolly one amongst many. Golf Tavern was a hot Folk Spot in late 60's and early 70's. Jimmy Drysdale fondly remembered by East fife supporters and Folk enthusiasts. Thursday night was Folk night at the Golf.

BobsDad
Can't decide whether I should go tomorrow night or not.
Absolutely the last chance saloon - how many times have I said that and I still go back?
Want to go to pay my respects to Jimmy Drysdale. My son still won't believe that I saw Billy Connolly playing in The Golf Tavern!

£10 to get in free t Under 16s.. what else you gonna do on a Tuesday night Get along.
This is when East Fife needs you. You could say the board, the manager, the players dont deserve our support and based on some of the performances on the road and our historical under achievement that might be true. However none of these groups on there own are the East Fife. We are all East Fife.

Tonight is about survival in this league for another season, about getting enough breathing space to start to build something for the future with a squad the manager (who ever he may be) chooses and hasn't just inherited.

If we are available tonight and dont show up were just as bad as these players we've accused of not trying. You know it makes sense.

Spot on Sparky. Fife till I die

Sparky
£10 to get in free t Under 16s.. what else you gonna do on a Tuesday night Get along.
This is when East Fife needs you. You could say the board, the manager, the players dont deserve our support and based on some of the performances on the road and our historical under achievement that might be true. However none of these groups on there own are the East Fife. We are all East Fife.

Tonight is about survival in this league for another season, about getting enough breathing space to start to build something for the future with a squad the manager (who ever he may be) chooses and hasn't just inherited.

If we are available tonight and dont show up were just as bad as these players we've accused of not trying. You know it makes sense.

Great post Sparky

Sparky

Well said that man!!

Sparky

Exactly.

Totally agree with the sentiments above, which is why I'm going! Can I also suggest that we attempt to create a bit of an atmosphere to help the 11 chaps on the park along?

According to twitter a few ex players coming along to support us as well,hissy ovy and jay smart

C'mon the fife !!!!