Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest

0-1 down

Deseperate stuff. Like a bad dream this.

Re: Latest

The league table makes for uncomfortable viewing right now. Even a point was nae use.

1-1 pen

COME ON EAST FIFE - nick the win.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Spineless, effortless pish

FT 1-1

Nae guid.

Bette Noir

??? You celebrating a point. Are you a Stranraer fan?

Another fantastic brown dissaster sack the uselessfek

How the Hell can anyone applaud THAT off the park? Another gutless, clueless performance from a bunch of guy`s pretending to be footballers.

What?
Bette Noir

??? You celebrating a point. Are you a Stranraer fan?

I was celebrating the equaliser

Tam
How the Hell can anyone applaud THAT off the park? Another gutless, clueless performance from a bunch of guy`s pretending to be footballers.

O.k they may not be the best players east fife have ever had but like it or not they are east fife players, so what the fook is wrong with fans trying to show the players some support.

Well that's me back home and where the hell do I start after watching that complete shambles of a "performance"? For once I am not even going to bother. Long story short, we are SHITE, the so-called players couldn't give a damn, and we are most definitely getting relegated. I have to ask why some fans even bothered applauding the team off at the end of the game? They were a complete disgrace tonight. Get them all tae f**k.

Leven
Tam

O.k they may not be the best players east fife have ever had but like it or not they are east fife players, so what the fook is wrong with fans trying to show the players some support.

If you feel comfortable with applauding another dismal performance then good on you. I go to the games fully intending to support them throughout the 90 minutes and if they had played well and got the much needed 3 points then I also would have applauded them off the park.
But, the fact of the matter is that, in the biggest game of the season, they failed to deliver, just like they have for most of the season.
Why anyone would applaud that is beyond me.

Every time we concede a corner its a goal against us.11 players in the box lose first touch and 2nd touch.Sad thing is stranraer very poor,we are poor as well.Mcmanus and samuel never did a thing the whole game.Gormley got us the penalty which was a stone waller.No way back now,durie probably our best player tonight.Cant wait to see the back of this season as the worst football i have watched in many a year.Hard to see us win another game this season, as they wont play many teams as bad as stranraer were.I cant even re call us having 3 shots on goal.

'the so-called players couldn't give a damn,'

I don't get it; surely word gets around to other clubs about individual performances by players?

fan67
Gormley got us the penalty which was a stone waller.

why do we play samuel & McManus every game and we have some one who can make a difference upfront kept on the bench for a few mintues, whats the point in that...the front two arent doing enough to score goals for strikers why did we change keepers at half time?

the mintue slience was the best scene the whole game for us support tonight we were lucky to leave Bayview with a point. another goal lost at set piece something needs to be done at training me thinks.

why was staunton who was their number 3 for them complaining to the linesman every two mins, thank f**k we got rid of him and also the referee should have sent the player off in the first half on the last man challenge to Samuel thats a card is it no and got something right in giving us a penalty at the end

Tha was shite from every single player the nite . We are shite all over the park and just lump the ball every time we get it. Agree about McManus and Samuel both were poor the nite nothing going for us .we always seem to lose a shit goal then fall apart. Too many players are not doing it. It is not the just the defence it's the midfield and up front. Brown keeps on playing players who don't want to be here ie Barr Willis and it showed the nite. We are a having nothing going forward from midfield and the ball just gets booted from one end to the next to pint size strikers. That was our chance fooked the night. Gormley got us a penalty that we should have never got us a point. Wonder what the team will be sat

For me that was last straw last night in a must win game. The manager Carry's the can for his selection playing Malcolm , he can't move and we played like two men down with him and Samuel in the team. Agree about Willis and Barr but he plays them every week in the hope they do something good but not happening at the moment . We re doomed we have to win the next 3 games no chance that will happen.i said last night that if we didn't win I won't be back and I stick by it. Sid pack your bags with the rest of shite up stairs.

I thought Malcolm still had a few decent touches last night but his legs are clearly gone.
Samuel did absolutely nothing all night and I really hope Brown goes with McManus and Wardlaw up front on Saturday.
I thought Durie, McBride and Muir had pass marks.

Horrible, Horrible game last night.

Two players with pass marks last night, Durie and Muir.

Too many long hopeful punts up the park in hope McManus will run on to it. Malcolm completely past it.

After we equalised last night there was a throw in with around 1 minute to go. You would've thought surely there would've been some sort of scramble to take it quickly. No.

Gutless, effortless, spineless.

Even Billy Brown fell to his knees in absolute despair last night.

Buko Boy

Too many long hopeful punts up the park in hope McManus will run on to it. Malcolm completely past it.

After we equalised last night there was a throw in with around 1 minute to go. You would've thought surely there would've been some sort of scramble to take it quickly. No.

Sorry mate, but being gutless and spineless applies to those who make insults to others, behind the curtain of an anonymous forum like this!

EF supporter
Buko Boy

Sorry mate, but being gutless and spineless applies to those who make insults to others, behind the curtain of an anonymous forum like this!

Eh???

EF supporter
Buko Boy

And you are who, EF supporter precisely? You are either a great satirist with a firm grip of irony or a complete prat.

You'll be another blaming the stay away fans or the negative posters on this forum for the clubs predicament.

C'mon don't disappoint me!

Tam, it's no right making such insulting remarks about the players. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like that. Saying they didn't play well, were poor, or something along those lines is one thing, but 'spineless' and 'gutless' is a bit below the belt, surely? Let's be frank and honest, would the poster say that to their faces? NO!

No it's not right to insult players like that. However, there does seem to be one or two players not pulling their weight and that can be viewed just from the video highlights. Players not tracking back or doing their job man-marking.

Now this could mean:

The management team are not up to much
Level of fitness
Players not bothering
Problems in the dressing room

The second goal conceded against Brechin in the 6-0 drubbing clearly showed an East Fife player strolling back and making no attempt to prevent the cross that led to the goal.

What the players don't realise is that we, the fans, can see all 22 individuals on the park and can tell not only who is putting in a decent shift but which team colectivelly want it more.

The dog's abuse is the frustration from what the paying fans are seeing; that's football and it comes with the territory.

EF supporter
Tam, it's no right making such insulting remarks about the players. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like that. Saying they didn't play well, were poor, or something along those lines is one thing, but 'spineless' and 'gutless' is a bit below the belt, surely? Let's be frank and honest, would the poster say that to their faces? NO!

Why is this all you are bothered about? Have you nothing to say about the shambles that the club is in, on and off the field? We have not won a game for over three months. What do you have to say about that? What do you have to say about the disaster of a season we have had?
Every East Fife supporter woke up this morning with that awful sinking feeling that the club is going to be relegated. What was on your mind? Were you worried someone might have said something naughty on a messageboard?
You could try to understand that this is a forum for supporters, who won't give a toss about players who have done nothing for East Fife and will be gone by the summer. We are the ones who relegation means the most to. We are the ones who suffer the pain. If you don't like the anguish, then this is the wrong place for you. And someone like you should have known that long ago.

Grim Reaper
EF supporter
Buko Boy

And you are who, EF supporter precisely? You are either a great satirist with a firm grip of irony or a complete prat.

You'll be another blaming the stay away fans or the negative posters on this forum for the clubs predicament.

C'mon don't disappoint me!

Not blaming anybody. The players stand or fall by their results and they surely realise that. What irony GRIM REAPER?

EF supporter
Buko Boy

What was your reasoning behind stopping posting as Jocky ? You're the most dishonest person on here - in a whole variety of ways.

St Pauli Fifer
EF supporter
Buko Boy

What was your reasoning behind stopping posting as Jocky ? You're the most dishonest person on here - in a whole variety of ways.

Board meeting tonight?

is that why the floodlights are on right now.

Don't see why there was people blaming Billy Brown last night, fault doesn't lie with him. He's doing what he can with a bunch of players who (lets be honest) are just not good enough. All I hope is that next season we don't see half that team that started last night, disgrace to the shirt.

Young Fifer
Don't see why there was people blaming Billy Brown last night, fault doesn't lie with him. He's doing what he can with a bunch of players who (lets be honest) are just not good enough. All I hope is that next season we don't see half that team that started last night, disgrace to the shirt.

Half? I would keep 3 at a push.

Reserve game tonight.

Cheers Lesley.
Who are they playing?

Young Fifer

Sorry but the buck stops with the Manager. He has made numerous mistakes in the last few months
1 he had money to spend in Jan to bring players in to bolster the squad - he brought in an unknown youngster, Dale Keenan on loan from Partick. He did nothing to solve the obvious defensive problems.
2 he changes the team week in, week out and tries different formations which are unfamiliar to players
3 he made a statement recently saying that he had done all he could and it was down to the players - not exactly good management
4 rumours of dressing room unrest caused by the Manager
You are right too many of these players are just not good enough, but it is up to the manager to get the best out of the squad he has and to make changes to the squad to improve it - he has done neither !

East Fife 0 v 1 Cowdenbeath (Coult)

St Pauli Fifer
St Pauli Fifer
EF supporter
Buko Boy

Board meeting tonight?

I suggest you try and get into the real world my friend. This existence you appear to have behind a computer keyboard, is not good for you, you know. It plays tricks with your mind and you are showing clear signs of that. No matter, I won't condemn you for that, but if I were you, I would get down to Bayview and confront your nemesis Jocky/Board member and if you could let me know when you do that, I will post on here to confirm that you are totally and utterly wrong. You are bound to have a smart phone, that you can do all that with, so while you are confronting Jocky/Board member, stay with them and wait for my response. With a bit of luck i will be in front of a computer, as I do not have, or want to have, a smart phone. In fact, you just need to make sure you have them in your sight, without them knowing and you can post and ask me to do likewise. Problem for you will then be solved and you could carry on without accusing everybody who has a different opinion to you, which just happens to be pro-East Fife, of being a board member.

How does that grab you?

PS - I am not even in the UK at this moment in time!

BTW, please don't call me dishonest again. It is you that is being dishonest actually, with your completely unfounded allegations. Thank you.

It doesn't matter if you're in Nepal or currently orbiting the earth, why did you say you've stopped posting as Jocky again?

How did you find out I was an astronaut!

You sure are an amazing guy!

Even more amazing, how did you also know that I am currently over the Himalayas in my spacecraft????

I find it highly Ironic that you have a go at me for posting anonymously, when you yourself are doing it.

If you were out of the country then you didnt witness what we had to, so there for your opinion is null and void.

Buko Boy
I find it highly Ironic that you have a go at me for posting anonymously, when you yourself are doing it.

If you were out of the country then you didnt witness what we had to, so there for your opinion is null and void.

No harm in posting anonymously mate. It is the choice of words you chose to post, which are words you would NOT say to the players face to face. That is exactly what the words you chose say about you, if you genuinely meant what you posted. Now, I don't think you really meant (literally) what you wrote, because you were obviously angry, but ask yourself if you would stand in front of the players and say the same thing? You wouldn't would you, so why post it on this site and insult them anonymously?

Actually, I'm out of this world and did you not know that we have some pretty powerful cameras up here in our spaceships and I may well have watched the game, well part of it as I couldn't get a picture of Bayview for the full 90 minutes due to the speed we travel at!

That'll be in Uncle Tom's (space) Cabin

Actually no! I meant to put aka Major Tom!!

I'll try again, why have you stopped posting as Jocky? I'm intrigued...

What's your views on our imminent relegation to the 3rd division EF Supporter? What has gone so horribly wrong this season, and what does it mean for the club in the long term?

Fred
What's your views on our imminent relegation to the 3rd division EF Supporter? What has gone so horribly wrong this season, and what does it mean for the club in the long term?

If East Fife gets relegated east fife will be like Berwick and clyde a team that may struggle to get out the leauge unless theres is money to spend in the summer if we do go down as the current crop arent good enough and some are looking to move onto other clubs and it means we will find it hard not playing the likes of Sveco four times and maybe lose out on a derby with Dunfermline if they come down, the crowd wont be any higher than 400 at home and it take a miracle...so the second division is vital for East Fife and the club long term look at the money it will be seeing by staying up and making...im sure if albion losses their two games they will be confirmed as relegated and its up to us to catch stranrear.

a win at home to either alloa or stenny then a point at qos and brechin would be good, but its going to go down to the last fight if you look at the leauge and teams have one game more.

It would appear that something is badly wrong in the dressing room.The players have no passion or desire to play for the jersey.Look at tuesday nights effort, you would never believe that was a must win game,looked like they have accepted our fate without even putting up a fight.Could be the players have heard all the rumours, that billy brown will only be keeping 2 or three of them for next season.It looked like the majority couldnt give a flying xxxx.Ill stick by my forecast that we wont win another game this season.Ill be there saturday but if i see the same as what i saw on tuesday that will be it untill next season.No wounder the manager is frustrated,if you were managing a group of people like that you would be tearing your hair out.You would think they would learn from past mistakes but they keep making the same mistakes every game.Every game we lose a goal from a corner,you would think we would learn.I agree the buck stops at the managers door, it is up to him to win games of football,however he deems possible,his tactics formations team selections etc.12 games without a win,tells you that he is a lucky man to still be in a job.I bet stranraer couldnt believe they got such an easy night in such an important game.If by a miracle we do beat stennie,i cant see stranraer beating queen of the south,it would just be 2 points,and all to play for.But i think im only clutching at straws.