Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ding Dong The Witch is Dead

Currently the 10th best selling single this week. ' dah fuck???

Re: Ding Dong The Witch is Dead

Apple and amazon should be ashamed of themselves and pull sales of this immediately. If it wasn't for thatcher, enterprises such as theirs would have no place in the uk and we'd be buying our union approved music from the co-op.

Co-op is my local store, four cans of Blackthorn Cider for £3 on offer at the moment. Can't go wrong.

Noisy crossbar
Apple and amazon should be ashamed of themselves and pull sales of this immediately. If it wasn't for thatcher, enterprises such as theirs would have no place in the uk and we'd be buying our union approved music from the co-op.

I think you are confused Mr. crossbar. On the one hand you are saying that Apple and Amazon should be ashamed of themselves, and on the other saying that if it wasn't for your hero Thatcher then these companies wouldn't be here in the first place. So what's it to be, is Amazon good for us or not? Is free speech and enterprise as espoused by the wicked one good for us or not?

Well I know where I stand. Global corporate giants like Amazon pay next to zero UK taxes, have forced thousands of local(and some national) businesses to close due to it's ability to squeeze suppliers, manipulate markets and keep prices artificially low. It's thanks to the likes of Amazon (and by implication Thatcher) that High Streets are dying, unemployment is rising, and the economy is fucked. But that's all fine so long as you can buy your CD's and books at a few quid less than at a proper local record or bookshop eh?(if you can find any that is).

Hopefully this song will get to No. 1.

What thatcher did for the economy was brilliant. The free market coupled with globalisation has put an end to us being ripped off by the proprietors of local book shops and record shops. These guys had it too good for too long...... What thatcher did was open the door for competition ......and if johnny local can't compete then that's his fault for not working hard enough. He doesn't have my sympathies.

If it wasn't for thatcher, we all be down the pit earning a pittance.....most of which would be taxed to pay for the public sector, the upkeep of council housing, and a state pension for those that were too in disciplined to save for their retirements.... Not only that I bet the welfare bill would be bigger if it weren't for thatcher. Why should we have to pay for people who choose to be poor?

And an NHS for everyone......come on....the yanks don't have this burden and they are the greatest country on Earth.

Thatcher was great for Great Britain and any true east fife fan would see this.

"Thatcher was great for Great Britain and any true east fife fan would see this".[/quote]

Ha, ha you've made my day with that one. Now I know you're taking the piss. Good work.

Tramp the Dirt Down.........

Noisy crossbar

Thatcher was great for Great Britain and any true east fife fan would see this.

Didn't you know her middle name was Twigg?

Grim Reaper
Noisy crossbar

I think you are confused Mr. crossbar. On the one hand you are saying that Apple and Amazon should be ashamed of themselves, and on the other saying that if it wasn't for your hero Thatcher then these companies wouldn't be here in the first place. So what's it to be, is Amazon good for us or not? Is free speech and enterprise as espoused by the wicked one good for us or not?

Well I know where I stand. Global corporate giants like Amazon pay next to zero UK taxes, have forced thousands of local(and some national) businesses to close due to it's ability to squeeze suppliers, manipulate markets and keep prices artificially low. It's thanks to the likes of Amazon (and by implication Thatcher) that High Streets are dying, unemployment is rising, and the economy is fucked. But that's all fine so long as you can buy your CD's and books at a few quid less than at a proper local record or bookshop eh?(if you can find any that is).

Hopefully this song will get to No. 1.

Market forces/technology/globalisation is Thatcher's fault?

Prefer Margaret on a Guillotine myself.
"The kind people have a wonderful dream
Margaret on a guillotine.
Because people like you make me feel so old inside..."

Bette Noir

Market forces/technology/globalisation is Thatcher's fault?

No, Dave Cameron says its all Gordon Browns fault.

Democracy is overrated. That's why I don't vote.

Any chance of getting Ding Dong played before the match, and/or as goal celebration music this week? We could do with stirring things up around about now.

I don't know which is the most bizarre suggestion on this thread - that America is the greatest country in the world or that we'll need music for a goal celebration on Saturday? Great fun, keep them coming.

Noisy crossbar
What thatcher did for the economy was brilliant. The free market coupled with globalisation has put an end to us being ripped off by the proprietors of local book shops and record shops. These guys had it too good for too long...... What thatcher did was open the door for competition ......and if johnny local can't compete then that's his fault for not working hard enough. He doesn't have my sympathies.

If it wasn't for thatcher, we all be down the pit earning a pittance.....most of which would be taxed to pay for the public sector, the upkeep of council housing, and a state pension for those that were too in disciplined to save for their retirements.... Not only that I bet the welfare bill would be bigger if it weren't for thatcher. Why should we have to pay for people who choose to be poor?

And an NHS for everyone......come on....the yanks don't have this burden and they are the greatest country on Earth.

Thatcher was great for Great Britain and any true east fife fan would see

this.

Which part of the US have you been to ?

Watch this before making STUPID posts ? I would welcome your reply ?

Iranian propaganda.

So it took you 10 mins to watch a 24 min report ? Remind me which part of the US have you been to ?

For those of you old and mature enough to remember, Thatchers government were wanting to use Scotland as a nuclear waste dumping ground primarily in the Dumfries and Galloway hills!
The late Willie Mcrae (Nationalist and Lawyer) was about to expose this and was found dead shortly afterwards in the highlands with a bullet in his head.
Some say suicide, some say different.

No fatal accident inquiry was held.

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead!

I'm a fast watcher.

Not that it matters but I've been to California, New York, Massachusetts, Arizona, Nevada, Florida, Michigan, Ontario, Mexico and British Colombia.

The weather was nice in California.

I wouldn't believe everything aired on press tv btw. For real news I recommend fox tv. It,s easy to follow and quickly gets to the point. No dull 24 minute segments to trudge through.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FcRa8Ft5gcr8&h=pAQGtZtlx

Barry Scott
For those of you old and mature enough to remember, Thatchers government were wanting to use Scotland as a nuclear waste dumping ground primarily in the Dumfries and Galloway hills!
The late Willie Mcrae (Nationalist and Lawyer) was about to expose this and was found dead shortly afterwards in the highlands with a bullet in his head.

Not quite the truth. There were plans to dump nuclear waste into the sea and I believe NATO was implicated. What has that got to do with Maggie Thatcher?

It depends if Mcrae was working for the Soviets but we'll never know will we?

Thank goodness we have possibility of a new multi cultural Scotland in 2014 eh?

Will there be a one minute silence today? Once again I am disappointed that the club haven't released a statement.

Noisy crossbar
I'm a fast watcher.

Not that it matters but I've been to California, New York, Massachusetts, Arizona, Nevada, Florida, Michigan, Ontario, Mexico and British Colombia.

The weather was nice in California.

I wouldn't believe everything aired on press tv btw. For real news I recommend fox tv. It,s easy to follow and quickly gets to the point. No dull 24 minute segments to trudge through.

Fox TV News is the worst channel on the air populated by right wing loonies and religious nutjobs. It's hilarious in its way but has seriously deranged views that are actually far from funny.

Anyway top class trolling again NC and I reckon mr 305 has fallen for it..

If you substitute 'left' for 'right' then that would be the correct description to apply to the BBC

Bette Noir
If you substitute 'left' for 'right' then that would be the correct description to apply to the BBC

Sorry that is utter bullshit. You've been reading the Mail for far too long clearly.

What ever you say mate.

Grim Reaper
Bette Noir

Sorry that is utter bullshit. You've been reading the Mail for far too long clearly.

The main story in today's mail is "The Princess Diana Memorial Fund, to which millions of her admirers donated money, has been hijacked by Left-wingers to fund a pro-immigration propaganda campaign".

I didn't read the rest as there was enough info in the opening paragraph. Makes you wish thatcher was in power a little longer so that she could finally rid this country of it's left wing curse.

America is the greatest country on earth and it doesn't suffer from lefties pinkos or communists.

Hey, watch it punko!!

The woman did many things wrong and we may have been in a better position without her. However she did a lot for women letting the neo right public school brigade see that women can play an important role. Ok she put the boot into us but we were not the people she had to keep happy. What I did like about the old girl was her old fashioned attitude when dealing with other leaders. She pumped the argies, scared the Eurocrats off from taking what someone tried to do with stukas a few years before. Tell you what I wouldn't say I would want her in charge again but I would like her to give the boys a pep talk about pride desire and sticking to a task before today's game as it is becoming evident the BB can't. Oh and as for the fanny's dancing in George square what a disgrace, typical soap dodging pricks and I bet they were students probably not even scots

They certainly were not alive when she was Prime Minister.

Bette Noir
Barry Scott

Not quite the truth. There were plans to dump nuclear waste into the sea and I believe NATO was implicated. What has that got to do with Maggie Thatcher?

What do you mean "not quite the truth"?
Thats bollocks. They may well have had plans to dump nuclear waste in the sea but its fact they planed to dig a big hole in the mountains (Ayrshire and Dumfries) and dump it there.
Only after intervention by McRae and others was this stopped.
McRae had evidence that would have damaged Thatchers government big time. McRae was murdered and that evidence vanished.
Similar thing happened down south 3 months earlier where Hilda Murrel was murdered due to her anti nuclear stance. See link below.
These Tory bastards had a lot to answer for.
And you ask what this has to do with Thatcher?!

http://scot-land.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/spooks-murdered-top-scot.html

And Willie McRae had nothing to do with the Soviets!
You are dreaming mate.

One minute silence impeccably observed by 10,000 spectators this afternoon at Allianz Park. Well done The Men In Black.

Thatcher was Right-Wing, evil scum.

Barry Scott
Bette Noir
Barry Scott

What do you mean "not quite the truth"?
Thats bollocks. They may well have had plans to dump nuclear waste in the sea but its fact they planed to dig a big hole in the mountains (Ayrshire and Dumfries) and dump it there.
Only after intervention by McRae and others was this stopped.
McRae had evidence that would have damaged Thatchers government big time. McRae was murdered and that evidence vanished.
Similar thing happened down south 3 months earlier where Hilda Murrel was murdered due to her anti nuclear stance. See link below.
These Tory bastards had a lot to answer for.
And you ask what this has to do with Thatcher?!

http://scot-land.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/spooks-murdered-top-scot.html

I've got one thing to say to you - 'David Kelly'.

St Pauli Fifer

Millions were hurt following Thatcher's draconian policies and to this day there are towns in Scotland and Northern England that are still coming to terms with what happened in the 80's.

Who'se to blame? Moneterism (I've always been more of a Keynesian myself)or the recognition that the UK was a economic basket case? The 70's was rife with industrial disputes; strikes almost every other week, the three day working week (didn't matter that people had to sit in the dark and freeze) and let's not forget The Winter of Discontent that finally did for the Callaghan government in '79. People had had enough.

The real villains were the all-powerful unions who refused to change and adopt new and competitive working practices. This on top of the Labour Party's Stalinist five year plans that brought about the like of Ravenscraig - wrong industry in the wrong part of the country. A mis-placed ideology.

The Unions were using their clout to bring about political change. Let's not forget the strong connections with the USSR. The vast majority of people in the UK didn't want to be a COMECON country.

The country needed a strong leader to stand up to The Unions and their communist allies from behind The Iron Curtain - enter Margaret Thatcher, grocer's daughter from an obscure country town in South Lincolnshire. The rest, as they say, is history.

Bette Noir
St Pauli Fifer

Millions were hurt following Thatcher's draconian policies and to this day there are towns in Scotland and Northern England that are still coming to terms with what happened in the 80's.

Who'se to blame? Moneterism (I've always been more of a Keynesian myself)or the recognition that the UK was a economic basket case? The 70's was rife with industrial disputes; strikes almost every other week, the three day working week (didn't matter that people had to sit in the dark and freeze) and let's not forget The Winter of Discontent that finally did for the Callaghan government in '79. People had had enough.

The real villains were the all-powerful unions who refused to change and adopt new and competitive working practices. This on top of the Labour Party's Stalinist five year plans that brought about the like of Ravenscraig - wrong industry in the wrong part of the country. A mis-placed ideology.

The Unions were using their clout to bring about political change. Let's not forget the strong connections with the USSR. The vast majority of people in the UK didn't want to be a COMECON country.

The country needed a strong leader to stand up to The Unions and their communist allies from behind The Iron Curtain - enter Margaret Thatcher, grocer's daughter from an obscure country town in South Lincolnshire. The rest, as they say, is history.

That kind of paranoid drivel is very similar to the claptrap spouted by a user who was banned for repeated racist posts.
You're not related by any chance?

Bette Noir
One minute silence impeccably observed by 10,000 spectators this afternoon at Allianz Park. Well done The Men In Black.

Big deal. A London rugby club populated by middle class English rugger bugger types all no doubt sympathetic to the old bat. I wouldn't expect anything less.

I'd be more impressed if such a feat could take place a bit further north say, in Barnsley, Liverpool, Sunderland or Motherwell.

Bette Noir
St Pauli Fifer

It beggars belief that someone would post this bile on a former mining community's football team mesageboard. Piss off you racist cretin. You are the only thing that unites fans. No one wants you here. You are rightwing slime. Why was his ban lifted?

My father was a colliery shaft sinker and I supported the miners during the strike in the 80's so get your facts straight.

You are a typical leftie with hair-trigger sensitivity and always determined to be outraged and offended. Funny how you don't give a toss about the sensibilities of those whom you offend though.