Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brown out ? Or get behind him ?

Was his outburst yesterday a sign of passion or a sign of cracking under the pressure and losing the plot ? Was he trying to rally the fans behind the team or trying to deflect the blame away from himself ? Is he totally committed to improving East Fife or is he trying to get back full-time to recreate his Hearts, Killie and Bradford days that he always bangs on about ?

In my opinion he has made it very difficult for him to gain the support of the majority of fans after yesterday's antics and his comments in the papers saying its the most negative support he's ever come across. Every team will have negative supporters who will boo and heckle the Manager and players and this is exaggerated when playing in front of small crowds as comments can be attributed to individuals. Brown has been used to bigger crowds at his previous clubs and such negative behaviour would have been less evident. However, I'm sure that had the teams he was involved with at Hearts, Killie and Bradford gone on the sort of poor run of form that we are on, he would have had to have run the gauntlet off abuse from fans at every game, if indeed he had survived as long a string of results.

Craig Levein put himself under huge pressure after playing his strikerless formation against the Czech Republic and he was always going to struggle to win over the Tartan Army after that and eventually paid the ultimate price. I think Billy Brown has put himself in a similar situation after blaming the players and now the fans at Bayview for the present state of affairs. Post match comments where he as slated the players for a lack of desire and determination, saying he has done all he can, saying he's not used to working with part time players, bleating on about what he has done at Hearts etc have done nothing to improve the situation

I would have thought if he had accepted that he has made mistakes in terms of lack of signing players in January, getting tactics wrong at times etc and stating that we are all in it together might have galvanized the club but his blame culture of blaming everyone else will come back to bite him. Even if he does survive this season, no matter whether we stay up or not, he will be under pressure for 'his' team next season to produce the goods immediately. What sort of squad will he assemble ? Allegedly he only wants to keep 5 of the present squad but will they want to re- sign ? Word will get out to potential signings about the atmosphere at Bayview including the Chanding Room. Will players want to come to Bayview ?

My opinion is that he should resign now or the Board should have the courage to sack him in the hope that a new boss can get a reaction from the players to win the play offs and build for next season. If we do go down it will give the new Manager the chance to see the present squad and decide who he want to keep, the chance to build his squad for next season and an opportunity to galvanize the club getting everyone pulling in the same direction.

Re: Brown out ? Or get behind him ?

Up until yesterday I would have said give him a chance. Now I say sack him and make it clear that EFFC will not tolerate such an attitude towards our own LOYAL fans, remember that BB it was the die hard loyal fans there yesterday. He has to go, he has quickly forgotten us singing his name after or first win under him!

Billy Brown does not want to be at Bayview. He tried to use the club as a way of proving to bigger teams that he could.cut it as a No1. Now he realises that his plan has backfired and no one else will touch him. Scottish football has finally found out that after decades as a no2, Brown does not have what it takes to be a No1. Hibs had guessed that correctly already. With his ambitions in pieces he is now lashing out at his own players and his club's supporters. He is going anyway - get rid of him now before there is a more serious incident than yesterday.

I completely understand what Billy is going through and why he did what he did yesterday. I'm just surprised he's the first manager to do it. The negativity at Bayview is ridiculous. The people that sit up and around where I am shout for a new manager if we lose a game. However, by going all 'Delia Smith' on us yesterday that was never going to do him any favours. We were all excited at the prospect of his assistant manager and he decided to try and utilise Bob Malcolm. Again, another mistake.

I will admit that I was hopeful when we got Brown as our manager. But for someone of his experience I would've thought he could instantly recognize what our team was lacking and change that in January. We desperately needed a big, commanding centre half. Joe Mbu became available and we missed out, IMO a big mistake. We desperately lack natural wingbacks. I'm sorry but Stoney makes same mistakes week in week out, you can see that he tries and that is great, but I just don't think he cuts it at this level. Scott Durie is the same. I thought he would've brought someone in to rectify that.

We desperately lack an out and out striker, McManus albeit a cult hero at Bayview has looked off the pace for the majority of the season and Samuel doesn't appear to be a natural goal scorer.

The results don't lie. Even when is was chisholm/durie in charge we were sitting in a decent position. Since Brown has come in we have gone down and down. Whether or not his reputation preceeds him counts for nothing. I couldn't give a toss what he done at Hearts, Hibs, Killie or Bradford. He is at East Fife and his primary role is to make us a better team. That he has not.

We are inevitably headed for the playoffs and I don't see us winning a play off. Against a Montrose etc who are vying to get promoted to the next level will be really up for it. It doesn't look like Brown can motivate the players for this kind of match.

I think it's time to go Billy.

I have NO idea why that man is still in charge of the club this morning. He must be forced into resigning or sacked before the next game.
His attitude was disgraceful and now he is against us, the East Fife supporters.
By the way..the chap he chose to have a go at with the microphone yesterday is an East Fife die hard who goes to all the matches, home and away.

Brown Out NOW!!!!!!!
I have NO idea why that man is still in charge of the club this morning. He must be forced into resigning or sacked before the next game.
His attitude was disgraceful and now he is against us, the East Fife supporters.
By the way..the chap he chose to have a go at with the microphone yesterday is an East Fife die hard who goes to all the matches, home and away.

Could it be the case he is trying to get the sack so his contract will have to be paid up and he isn't looked upon by Football as a quitter ?

Bayviewboy
Brown Out NOW!!!!!!!

Could it be the case he is trying to get the sack so his contract will have to be paid up and he isn't looked upon by Football as a quitter ?

Who knows, but something has to be done. If he is still in charge next week he will walk out to a chorus of boos which he will react to because he is a complete hot head. It will be incredibly hostile and there is real risk that there will be unsavoury scenes. He's got to go.
Anyway I would imagine his contract is only till the end of the season so the board would just have to pay up a few weeks, which would be money well spent.

I'm pretty sure i read at the start of Browns reign that he wasn't under contract.

He has to either resign or be sacked. Simple as that.

my fear is by replacing him then the new manager might want to keep the majority of the present squad.Brown has openly stated that most arent good enough and most fans agree, a clear out is needed and Brown knows this.
I'd rather get relegated and clear out this squad than stay up and keep them.

i also fear for throwing in some of the youth players into this present squad and enviroment,where every mis-placed pass is criticised, it could ruin a young players confidence.

Looks like our only hope of playing most of these Div2 teams again is through league reconstruction(3 leagues) and if so then i'd like a new squad,blood some youngsters throughout the season and NO loan players.

kenwit
my fear is by replacing him then the new manager might want to keep the majority of the present squad.Brown has openly stated that most arent good enough and most fans agree, a clear out is needed and Brown knows this.
I'd rather get relegated and clear out this squad than stay up and keep them.

i also fear for throwing in some of the youth players into this present squad and enviroment,where every mis-placed pass is criticised, it could ruin a young players confidence.

Looks like our only hope of playing most of these Div2 teams again is through league reconstruction(3 leagues) and if so then i'd like a new squad,blood some younsters throughout the season and NO loan players.

There's no way back for Brown. You cant grab a microphone and hurl insults at a supporter. Its amazing that there is even any sort of debate on this. In fact I would have thought what he did would constitute gross misconduct?

Browns record:
Played 22, won 6, drawn 5, lost 11
East Fife 0 Alloa 1
Albion Rovers 0 East Fife 3
East Fife 2 Arbroath 1
Ayr 2 East Fife 3
East Fife 0 Stranraer 1
East Fife 3 Stenhousemuir 2
Forfar 3 East Fife 2
Arbroath 1 East Fife 0
East Fife 2 Albion Rovers 0
East Fife 2 Brechin 2
Alloa 1 East Fife 1
East Fife 3 Ayr 3
Stranraer 3 East Fife 1
East Fife 1 Forfar 2
East Fife 2 QOS 3
East Fife 0 Arbroath 1
Albion Rovers 1 East Fife 1
Ayr 2 East Fife 1
Brechin 6 East Fife 0
Forfar 3 East Fife 2
East Fife 1 Stranraer 1
East Fife 1 Stenhousemuir 2

A few points from this. Firstly, that is a poor record loosing 50% of games. However, you'll note from the above that the only time we've been really pumped was by Brechin. With proper guidance and tactics i honestly think we wouldn't have been too far from the play offs (at the right end). To me, taking everything from yesterday into account, i think he has to go. The break of the ball and poor judgement at times has let us down. Yesterday Div Muir made a mistake and gifted them the second goal which turned out to be the winner (not blaming Div he's one of the 3 players I'd keep). Too many basic mistakes have been evident all season.
Ultimately, I think BB has lost it. Players don't seem to know what their jobs are in some of the strange formations that he's sending them out to play. However, the lack of a consistent starting 11 is also a huge issue. I cant remember seeing a team chopped and changed as frequently as we have been of late. If someone asked me to tell them what i think the starting 11 on Saturday would be, I wouldn't have a clue. This is screaming of desperation. How can partnerships and an understanding with team mates be built in this situation? Some selections have been baffling to say the least.
On a side note, i do understand where he is coming from with regards to certain criticism of players from fans. Some of the shouts directed to individuals is, at times, too far in my opinion. Certain fans like to shout that some individuals are crap or that this and that is shit with a misplaced pass or clearance. This genuinely has no positive effect on players. I know we all get frustrated and are passionate about the team but 'shouting down' players only has a negative effect on the individuals and in turn the team. They don't mean to make an erse of it. However, there is no excuse for not getting stuck in! Also, no manager should ever have a go at paying fans who have been here long before them and will be here long after they are gone.
What's the answer? To me, Brown has to go as the fans are now, in the main, against him and this will only make the task to the end of the season more difficult (if that's possible). The next appointment is huge. We've not had a good manager since Archibald. Give Darren Smith the job to the end of season and take it from there. He can only improve on where we are. Worrying times!

Quote from Brown earlier was he is to good a coach for East Fife, pretty sure results show that is not the case. Same squad of players who were winning and not playing to badly at the start of the season, now looking poor and well results where are they. Brown and Malcom blamed the young lads at the club, so I looked at the team sheets funnily enough no young lads ??

I have watched a few games with the young guys now and see no reason why not put them in they certainly won't lack enthusiasm I am not saying that will win games but it might just lift players around them. The Cowdenbeath game although they lost narrowly they were the better side and playing against 5 first team lads from the Beath.

Billy has brought in his players and I for one have not been overly impressed especially by the Hibs boys, in my opinion Brown for a state is a far better keeper and so is the young keeper and I don't mean Collier (bomb scare) .
My impression is that he players don't like or understand what Billy boy wants and also agree with previous posts regards his issues, which I believe are due to HIS lack of ability, as a result I see no way back for Fife this season play offs will be sore.

Why Billy is still in a job is beyond almost everyone it certainly can not be for charisma, ability, so I suggest it must be down to cash, as any other manager/coach with such a record would be gone regardless.

He has to go now he has made a rod for his own back.

He has lost the dressing room and now the respect of the fans there is no going back now. Bayview is a terrible place to watch football and the atmosphere is well... There is none. We can't do anything about it.

So, we have the most negative fans, well I'm sorry but 0 wins from 13 and no win in 2013 wont exactly fill us with confidence. Brown has blamed everyone apart from himself for this mess.

gross misconduct is 11 men on a pitch pretending to be footballers. If Brown goes then fine but whoever takes over i hope they clear out this dross of a squad

Poo Shoot
He has to go now he has made a rod for his own back.

He has lost the dressing room and now the respect of the fans there is no going back now. Bayview is a terrible place to watch football and the atmosphere is well... There is none. We can't do anything about it.

So, we have the most negative fans, well I'm sorry but 0 wins from 13 and no win in 2013 wont exactly fill us with confidence. Brown has blamed everyone apart from himself for this mess.

Well I'm sorry too, because you's were all whinging during bthe first half of the season too! Durie even got criticised for being sick FFS!!!

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOUR FUCKING SELVES BOYS!

Bon
Quote from Brown earlier was he is to good a coach for East Fife,

Do you have a link to that quote or did you just make it up?

A campaign against brown at this stage would only make things worse.

We know that this squad is poor. It is the worst group of East Fife players I have ever seen. But we (and the manager) are stuck with them for the remainder of the season.

Is brown a bad manager? A lot of fans have made their mind up on that. Personally I can't decide as I haven't seen him assemble his own team yet. He inherited garbage.....and he has been unable to get anything from them...... But this was true for Crawford, robbertson, durie and Chisholm...... So the blame can't lie squarely with billy brown.

I've read statements about formation, tactics, playing personnel etc...... But if the footballing wisdom of the managers listed above can't get these players playing well, I doubt the footballing 'wisdom' Found on AFTN would be any better.

With these players I think it was inevitable that we'd end up in a relegation fight. Much of the comments on AFTN this week are echos of the comments made after the Elgin game......BEFORE brown applied for the job.

Can we also put to bed the 'why didn't he change it in January' question...... To bring players in he'd have to move players on. Not easy to do. Also there was the brown bounce through December and January where we were 1 win away from 3rd in the table.....so even if he could dismantle the squad he would have a hard job convincing the board that it was necessary.

Browns personality and post match interview comments ( especially following a defeat) make him an easy target. Players seem to get of lightly..... perhaps because due to their twitter buddy status with many of the east fife fans. I bet this run of results is hurting brown way more than the players. His reaction was unprofessional but rather than see a guy at odds with my feelings I saw a guy every bit as passionate for east fife's survival as I am.

If brown is in charge for the next game ( and I hope he is) lets hope the fans can support him and the team and try and get a result.......but this would require fans to put their grievances and frustrations to one side.......are the capable of doing this for the good of the club.....lets hope so.

"We know that this squad is poor. It is the worst group of East Fife players I have ever seen. But we (and the manager) are stuck with them for the remainder of the season"

I have just watched Sunderland thrash Newcastle with the same players that were getting pelted for their lack of application and general crapness under their previous manager not 2 weeks ago. A new manager can have a positive effect even at this stage of the season. Only the Board's weakness and do nothing attitude is keeping us from having a shout of staying up.

With Brown in charge we won't win another game this season and Div 3 football is a certainty. I certainly hope he is not in charge on Saturday.

Noisy crossbar

I struggle to imagine how things could be worse than they are already. Can you provide examples please of what would make our position worse than it is right now?

Noisy crossbar
Can we also put to bed the 'why didn't he change it in January' question...... To bring players in he'd have to move players on. Not easy to do. Also there was the brown bounce through December and January where we were 1 win away from 3rd in the table.....so even if he could dismantle the squad he would have a hard job convincing the board that it was necessary.

In early January, the club signed Bobby Barr from Livingston on full-time terms with a wage of £500 per week. No one was off-loaded to do this. That money could and should have been used to sign three or four decent part-time players to strengthen our problem areas. Instead, almost ten grand has been squandered on a player who has troubled the scoresheet once in a blue moon.

Noisy crossbar
His reaction was unprofessional but rather than see a guy at odds with my feelings I saw a guy every bit as passionate for east fife's survival as I am.

The final confirmation that we are fucked

Noisy crossbar

We know that this squad is poor. It is the worst group of East Fife players I have ever seen. But we (and the manager) are stuck with them for the remainder of the season.

Is brown a bad manager? A lot of fans have made their mind up on that. Personally I can't decide as I haven't seen him assemble his own team yet. He inherited garbage.....and he has been unable to get anything from them...... But this was true for Crawford, robbertson, durie and Chisholm...... So the blame can't lie squarely with billy brown.

I've read statements about formation, tactics, playing personnel etc...... But if the footballing wisdom of the managers listed above can't get these players playing well, I doubt the footballing 'wisdom' Found on AFTN would be any better.

With these players I think it was inevitable that we'd end up in a relegation fight. Much of the comments on AFTN this week are echos of the comments made after the Elgin game......BEFORE brown applied for the job.

Browns personality and post match interview comments ( especially following a defeat) make him an easy target. Players seem to get of lightly..... perhaps because due to their twitter buddy status with many of the east fife fans. I bet this run of results is hurting brown way more than the players. His reaction was unprofessional but rather than see a guy at odds with my feelings I saw a guy every bit as passionate for east fife's survival as I am.

If brown is in charge for the next game ( and I hope he is) lets hope the fans can support him and the team and try and get a result.......but this would require fans to put their grievances and frustrations to one side.......are the capable of doing this for the good of the club.....lets hope so.

The 'why didn't he change it in January' question is relevant. Andrew Cook had left, Jamie Pollock left the Club, Jordan Foster returned to HIbs which would have left funds available from their saved wages. The Board also made funds available to bring players in. Surely by that time the Manager should have identified where the squad needed strengthened. What did he do ? He brought in Dale Keenan from Partick Thistle on loan. No disrespect to Keenan but he was on the bench for Thistle reserves - surely some of our own young players should have been given their chance instead.

Lee
I completely understand what Billy is going through and why he did what he did yesterday. I'm just surprised he's the first manager to do it. The negativity at Bayview is ridiculous. The people that sit up and around where I am shout for a new manager if we lose a game. However, by going all 'Delia Smith' on us yesterday that was never going to do him any favours. We were all excited at the prospect of his assistant manager and he decided to try and utilise Bob Malcolm. Again, another mistake.

I will admit that I was hopeful when we got Brown as our manager. But for someone of his experience I would've thought he could instantly recognize what our team was lacking and change that in January. We desperately needed a big, commanding centre half. Joe Mbu became available and we missed out, IMO a big mistake. We desperately lack natural wingbacks. I'm sorry but Stoney makes same mistakes week in week out, you can see that he tries and that is great, but I just don't think he cuts it at this level. Scott Durie is the same. I thought he would've brought someone in to rectify that.

We desperately lack an out and out striker, McManus albeit a cult hero at Bayview has looked off the pace for the majority of the season and Samuel doesn't appear to be a natural goal scorer.

The results don't lie. Even when is was chisholm/durie in charge we were sitting in a decent position. Since Brown has come in we have gone down and down. Whether or not his reputation preceeds him counts for nothing. I couldn't give a toss what he done at Hearts, Hibs, Killie or Bradford. He is at East Fife and his primary role is to make us a better team. That he has not.

We are inevitably headed for the playoffs and I don't see us winning a play off. Against a Montrose etc who are vying to get promoted to the next level will be really up for it. It doesn't look like Brown can motivate the players for this kind of match.

I think it's time to go Billy.

Well said lee agree about everything you've said and its time the club sort it out before its too late. Players thrive on confidence and you can see that they have got worse every week due to things not going for them, look at the last few weeks young Gormley has missed at least 3 sitters in front of goal and that has cost us big time interms of taking points in very important games. Things are not going for us , the effort is there but it seems the players are not happy at the way they get told to play. All we do is hump the ball from one end to the next and we don't have the players who will get in behind bar sometimes McManus who has struggled from start of season through injury and was out again injured yesterday. We all wanted the club to sign Samuel and he has not delivered maybe thats because the manager wants the players to punt it every time they get the ball and spammy can't play that way. From the start of the season the club was always going to struggle because we didn't have the players that we all wanted. We needed a big Center half but never got it and we never had a good midfield apart from div and smith. Up front we had to hope that McManus got us the goals but again we signed an injured player who had been playing with an injury . We never had enough fire power that other clubs had . Wardlaw , Jamison , were never going to bang the goals in wardlaw is too old to get about, a good striker few years ago but not now and Jamison was only tested junior level. Durie should have got better and more players than what we got and we have been punished for it. I hope the club get rid of brown because he could have changed all this in January but never

So how many players should have come in during January, and how much wouldmthisnhave cost? Who should have went?

I looked around the posts made in january but couldn't see this new squad request list.

East Fife tried to get Mbu but he didn't want to come apparently!

he has to go if we are to have any chance of staying up. what is the difference to him saying the players are not good enough and the fans booing. he is worse because effectively they are his employees he maybe did not sign a lot of them but he agreed to manage them.
can u imagine your boss at work slating u all and then expecting u to do a good job for them it would not happen that manager would be sacked.
now he has a go at the supporters well it is not the supporters fault who most have travelled all over Scotland and not seen a win in 2013 its not the supporters fault you don't know after months what your best team is or best formation its browns fault he is not up to the job and if he was half the man he thinks he is he would have resigned last night

Hope BB stays at the club, and rebuilds for next season.

Leven

eh i dinnae think so
Leven

Somebody pass me a mic, "Look i've kept really quiet but I'll tell you something, some of the fans have went down in my estimations,see above.
we still have a chance of staying up for fook sake.

"And I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we stay up. Love it.

"And when BB keeps us up i hope he turns round and gives the middle finger to each and every fan who has come on to bad mouth him."

Rant over.

Leven

He needs to rebuild his mental state but not at Bayview hopefully.

You are really good at the snide remarks Mad Man, aren't you?

Yes, I like to think so.

Are you on forum watch BTW? Looks like you've been up all night ready to shoot down anything you perceive as negative. Good work, but time for bed now.

Mad Man
Yes, I like to think so.

Are you on forum watch BTW? Looks like you've been up all night ready to shoot down anything you perceive as negative. Good work, but time for bed now.

He`ll probably come up with some excuse of being out the country or flying around in his spaceship.

Anyone still got a "Doon wi' Broon" tshirt?

Mind you...I doubt that he will still be manager by the end of today

Yeah I've still got one but the wrong face is on the front

Sanmantha it's over to you....

Fan eh
Mad Man
Yes, I like to think so.

He`ll probably come up with some excuse of being out the country or flying around in his spaceship.

While you are away down to cash yer gyro!

Posted this on P&B

The way Billy Brown is ranting on you'd think we had a team of wet behind the ears 17 year olds. I know the squad is hardly league winning material, but you've got a keeper on the bench who played regularly in the First Division, Div Muir has played in this league for about five seasons on the trot, McCormack and Wardlaw have played in the SPL and First Division, Willis has played in the First Division, Barr is considered by some to be a great player at First Division level, Sloan has won this division before, McBride has won the Third Division before, Samuel has played in the SPL and at World Cup Finals. Then there's Paul McManus who was dropped from the entire squad despite being fully fit.

Brown has a real cheek to sneer at the fact that these players cannot possibly compete with Stenhousemuir, and then blow a gasket at fans who are unhappy at paying in to 13 matches on the bounce without seeing a single win. What an idiot.

Fifelawd
Posted this on P&B

The way Billy Brown is ranting on you'd think we had a team of wet behind the ears 17 year olds. I know the squad is hardly league winning material, but you've got a keeper on the bench who played regularly in the First Division, Div Muir has played in this league for about five seasons on the trot, McCormack and Wardlaw have played in the SPL and First Division, Willis has played in the First Division, Barr is considered by some to be a great player at First Division level, Sloan has won this division before, McBride has won the Third Division before, Samuel has played in the SPL and at World Cup Finals. Then there's Paul McManus who was dropped from the entire squad despite being fully fit.

Brown has a real cheek to sneer at the fact that these players cannot possibly compete with Stenhousemuir, and then blow a gasket at fans who are unhappy at paying in to 13 matches on the bounce without seeing a single win. What an idiot.

Absolutely spot on!! In his interview he talks about Stenhousemuir having great players etc! Fair enough we might not have players like Queen of the South but you cant tell me our players cant compete. Most of our players have played at this level before. Our much maligned back line? Durie, Johnstone, Campbell, McCormack, Whyte etc they were pretty much our back line last year. Have a look at last year's league table and the goals we conceeded - tells its own story.
Brown is UTTERLY CLUELESS! He knocks our players and now he slags off ALL East Fife fans.
By the way I notice he praises the board when Eugene and Dave Marshall walk in the room. However his statements indirectly slate them because surely they must shoulder the blame for lack of signings. If our squad is that bad, why did they tie up all of the 100k Rangers money? Surely they should have used some of this? If the board believed the players were of such poor quality they should have invested especially with the carrot of full houses against Rangers and possible television money.
The truth is the players we have should be more than capable of finishing above the likes of Stranraer etc.
Brown has the WORST record of any East Fife manager and there is no way that he should be at Bayview.

Brown's position is surely untenable on a number of levels. The only people than cant see this it seems are Brown himself and, judging by their lack of activity so far, the Board of Directors. Considering how easily they disposed of John Robertson (whose record is like Alex Ferguson's in comparison) you really have to wonder why.

Fifelawd
Posted this on P&B

I'm not convinced that this squad is any good. I've stated that this is the worst east fife team I have ever seen.....and that was before brown took over. Yes brown may have his failings, but surely the squad of players are to blame given that 3 managers have failed with them.

Noisy crossbar
Fifelawd
Posted this on P&B

I'm not convinced that this squad is any good. I've stated that this is the worst east fife team I have ever seen.....and that was before brown took over. Yes brown may have his failings, but surely the squad of players are to blame given that 3 managers have failed with them.

The last 3 managers? What planet are you on?? The last two years we have been in the hunt for a promotion play off right up to the end of the season. Under Robbo we got to a quarter final of a national tournament for the first time in about 40 odd years.
Try and back up what you are saying with some facts please.

I don't often post because I've not been able to got to matches the last couple of seasons due to work commitments. But I've just watched the post match interview from Saturday and to paraphrase a few things; "if the fans don't want me here I'll go elsewhere", and "I can't motivate the players, Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho couldn't", why is Brown still here? I found the interview embarrassing as a fan, to see the manager pacing about blaming the fans, players, boardroom (yeah, fair do's), the bus driver, bar staff, and pie and bovril supplier for our shortcomings was, again to quote BB "pathetic". Everyone but himself! He is basically saying he can't do anything with the players he has, the same players who were very comfortable in the league 3 months ago, so maybe we should bring in someone who does feel they can make a difference and keep this club up. Being relegated this year in particular would be catastrophic, so let's get someone in and hope a fresh approach and the usual 'new manager bounce' will save the day.

Any manager who was of a half decent standard would be able to get the present players playing to there strenghts.Noisy crossbar other teams can get results and we used to get results with the same players.Brown cannot motivate and he is not very good at management and he does not know how to behave in public.I would have thought the club would make some kind of statement by now.I suppose we should not discuss it and stick our heads in the sand.

EFFC Forever
Noisy crossbar
Fifelawd
Posted this on P&B

The last 3 managers? What planet are you on?? The last two years we have been in the hunt for a promotion play off right up to the end of the season. Under Robbo we got to a quarter final of a national tournament for the first time in about 40 odd years.
Try and back up what you are saying with some facts please.

Robbo was sacked......why?
Chisolm resigned......why?
Durie felt better to step aside....why?

The elgin defeat was the worst I had ever seen....... and it was with these players.

Noisy Crossbar

Robbo was sacked......why?
Chisolm resigned......why?
Durie felt better to step aside....why?

The elgin defeat was the worst I had ever seen....... and it was with these players.

Wouldnae have anything to do with the bams, would it?