Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Just say...

You worked for Sky or any other company. Customer phones up and starts berating you. You in turn shout down the phone and tell him/her that if there not happy with the product on show. You can piss off and never come back??

You'd be sacked on the spot.

I don't care if he's the man to take us forward or not. You simply cannot treat paying customers/fans in that manner.

If the board doesn't sack him then questions need to be asked if they have the balls for the job.

Re: Just say...

If you are big enough to dish it out you should be big enough to take it back.

The moaning fans hinder our club.

Noisy crossbar

Em....well surely that applies for Billy Brown too?

Also Brown is a paid employee of the club whereas the fans pay money to watch the football.

MAJOR difference.

Noisy crossbar

Brown dishes it out in every post match interview, blaming players, blaming fans and accepting no responsibility himself. He is obviously big enough to dish it out so must be prepared to take the stick, for performances and results, from the people who ultimately pay his wages !

Noisy crossbar

Good grief!!! What a load of garbage.

Tam
Noisy crossbar

Good grief!!! What a load of garbage.

Explain please?

How many managers and players have we gone through in recent years? Every one of those who dared to react to the bams, are forever condemned by them. Bobby Linn, one of our best players in recent years, dared to and he was berated for it. These bams can't see what they are doing to the club unfortunately. They will never be happy, they weren't happy when we just missed out of promotion in 2007 and the play-offs last season! Nothing but total success is good enough in their eyes and they will never get that, so we are going to have to put up with them forever!

Billy Brown has been broken by them and he will regret that inside, but if I were him, I would be damned if I would admit that to them.

EF supporter
Nothing but total success is good enough in their eyes

I think you will find that most of them would quite happily settle for avoiding relegation, and maybe a win rate slightly better than one every three months.

supporter
EF supporter
Nothing but total success is good enough in their eyes

I think you will find that most of them would quite happily settle for avoiding relegation, and maybe a win rate slightly better than one every three months.

I think you will find you are talking shite! Nothing will change at Bayview with that element. Mark my words as we go into next season and the season after and after and aft.....................................

Maybe it`s about time you walked away then?

I think it's something we have to look at for the future. We do have a dreadful reputation for being moaning bastards! Brown, however, has to go. He looked possessed in that interview.

Comes with the territory, being needless underachievers for a generation.

Fan eh
Maybe it`s about time you walked away then?

Naw mate, that's what you do!