Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife : The Way Forward

See below. The meeting is open to all supporters.

East Fife: The Way Forward

The Supporters Trust is holding a meeting on Thursday 18th April (Bayview, 7.00pm) to discuss ideas for developing the club particularly off the park.

The aim of the meeting is to come up with ideas/proposals which can be passed to the club board for consideration.

We all know that matters are not good at the moment and this meeting is an attempt to look more positively at the future of the club.

The Trust has invited representatives of various groups including the Supporters Club, the Youth Development group and the club board to come along and we’d like to extend that invitation to anyone else who feels they may have something to offer - ideas, time, money!

The format of the meeting will be very open, with participants brainstorming the question: What can we do to make the club better? Everyone attending will be asked to suggest ideas and we’ll have people noting all ideas down.

CAUTION: Can we make it clear that we will NOT be discussing what happened at the Stenhousemuir match or the actual team performance.

So if you have any suggestions about doing things differently at the club – and a couple of hours to spare this Thursday then please come along.

It will help us plan the night if you can let us know you are coming by emailing efstpress@hotmail.co.uk or texting/calling 0779 088 1760

It’s not been a good time for the Fife recently but by working together we can improve the future. This meeting could be the start!

THURSDAY 18TH APRIL 7.00PM BAYVIEW UPSTAIRS LOUNGE
efstpress@hotmail.co.uk 0779 088 1760

Eugene Clarke
Trust Director and Member of EFFC Board.

Re: East Fife : The Way Forward

I think this is a good idea by Eugene and NTOC. The only concern I have is that it is clearly stated that there wont be any discussion about Saturday or the team. If ever there was an elephant in the room!!!!!!
I would like an open Q and A session between fans and the board to discuss the way forward.
However as I stated to begin with I think that this is a good idea in principle

I agree. Its a welcome event to start to pull the club together and a timely reminder of the role the supporters trust can play.

I would suggest that if folk want to discuss the team and the games the clubs board could organise a q&a with manager and or directors.

The last Q & A session I can remember was last season. It was also organised by Eugene in response to members requests particularly re the new ground proposals and took place in Sids bar on a match day.

The last manager I can remember doing anything like that was Jim Moffat. Maybe more open meetings are whats need to bridge the real or perceived barriers between folk.

One of the good things about supporting East Fife used to be the contact with players and managers that you dont often get a big clubs. I feel thats got less common in recent years. No ones fault just seems players and coaching side are a bit more removed from the ordinary fan now.

Two good points and I'll look into arranging the kind of meeting you have suggested.

I should have added that if anyone can't make it along on Thursday but have any suggestions to make then please let me know either by emailing efstpress@hotmail.co.uk or text/phone 0779 088 1760

until brown goes how can we move forward Eugene. heres a question when are you and the other board members going to do your job which is supposed to be representing the fans that he slated ? instead of this don't ask the question most fife fans want to know why is he still here the guy is an insult to the club . if this matter is addressed as it should have been today at the latest then we can talk about moving forward with a manager who respects the fans. not everyone booed but he slated everyone.

kceffc
. not everyone booed but he slated everyone.

He didn't slate me......but that's coz I understood who his comments were directed at.

ok noisy crossbar tell me how what he said did not lump everyone together ? I did not boo but I only remember us having one shot on target and that was well off target. tell me why people cant boo that if they wish. smithy can see why they are pissed off so can I why cant you. you are seriously trying to say that his outburst on camera was not insulting and embarrassing ? ok you have your opinion and if your think that is how a manger should conduct himself fine. I for one think he is a disgrace.

kceffc
ok noisy crossbar tell me how what he said did not lump everyone together ?

Eh...coz it was obvious who the comments were aimed at

kceffc
I did not boo but I only remember us having one shot on target and that was well off target. tell me why people cant boo that if they wish. smithy can see why they are pissed off so can I why cant you.

I can see that people are pissed off. And I agree that paying customers have the right to boo .......but they also have the choice in whether to exercise that right or not.

kceffc
okyou are seriously trying to say that his outburst on camera was not insulting and embarrassing ? ok you have your opinion and if your think that is how a manger should conduct himself fine. I for one think he is a disgrace.

Fair enough. That's your opinion. I won't change it but what I would like to do is urge you to put your frustrations to one side and instead get behind your club in its fight to stay in the division.

firstly cos its obvious is not an answer if you know who he is talking about then lets here it because I don't know these people I hear boos but don't know who is doing it so it is not obvious also as I have said its no worse than brown does in every interview.
don't confuse wanting brown to go with not supporting my club I will be there on Saturday supporting the players as I always do. it is my love of the club that makes me think we deserve better than some arrogant twat that thinks its ok to say things like I can go elsewhere ive done things. I cant motivate them. so tell me what use is a manager that freely admits he cant motivate or make them better.

Early signs are that Thursday night's meeting can generate a lot of new and innovative ideas. I know Eugene has had a fair bit of feedback from supporters who will be attending and I have several emails from supporters who cannot make it but who have attached many suggestions and ideas on how we move forward and I must admit some can really be described as lateral thinking but still make a lot of sense.
Please come along on Thursday night but if you can't make it please send in your ideas.

Not The Other chairman
Early signs are that Thursday night's meeting can generate a lot of new and innovative ideas. I know Eugene has had a fair bit of feedback from supporters who will be attending and I have several emails from supporters who cannot make it but who have attached many suggestions and ideas on how we move forward and I must admit some can really be described as lateral thinking but still make a lot of sense.
Please come along on Thursday night but if you can't make it please send in your ideas.

Not having a dig here but for future reference is there any chance we can get a bit more notice when Trust meetings are called?
I would have liked to attend this but ideally need 5-7 days notice as i`m sure a few others may also.
I don't live in the Levenmouth area.

Thanks

Sorry Jimmy. Because of the turmoil since Saturday we thought this meeting would be better held sooner than later. If you have ideas or proposals please send them to me and I will make sure they are expressed.

p.s. a bit pedantic but this will be a supporters meeting. Members should be given two weeks notice of a Trust meeting.

Not The Other chairman
Sorry Jimmy. Because of the turmoil since Saturday we thought this meeting would be better held sooner than later. If you have ideas or proposals please send them to me and I will make sure they are expressed.

p.s. a bit pedantic but this will be a supporters meeting. Members should be given two weeks notice of a Trust meeting.

Much obliged Ntoc.

Delighted to say I've had over 50 suggestions emailed in so far from fans who can't manage the meeting. Thanks to you guys (and gals) who've been in touch.

Don't worry if you decide to come along at the last minute - we'd like as many as possible to take part in our brainstorming - so just turn up.

Thursday 18th April 7.00pm upstairs at Bayview.

Eugene

Great gesture from the club, hopefully this can be very positive for the club!

Eugene Clarke
Delighted to say I've had over 50 suggestions emailed in so far from fans who can't manage the meeting. Thanks to you guys (and gals) who've been in touch.

Don't worry if you decide to come along at the last minute - we'd like as many as possible to take part in our brainstorming - so just turn up.

Thursday 18th April 7.00pm upstairs at Bayview.

Eugene

reminds me of Derrick saying "I've had over 100 women on the phone thanking me...."

great idea Eugene then you and your cronies can backslap each other. lets discuss how east fife can go forward. still no apology for the slating of east fife fans goes on sky sports laughing and joking. oh its really funny eh. East fife becoming a laughing stock lets have a meeting but don't mention brown.
Eugene you sid and the other board members need to have a word wi yourselves. or is it because he did not slag any of you he is still in a job ? how can a man who freely admits he cant motivate them that they are not good and shouts pathetic at his players be the man to take us forward? shove your meeting up your arse when you want to talk about all the issues get the board and brown to speak to fans about all issues get him to apologise maybe then we can move forward till then ram it Eugene

kceffc
great idea Eugene then you and your cronies can backslap each other. lets discuss how east fife can go forward. still no apology for the slating of east fife fans goes on sky sports laughing and joking. oh its really funny eh. East fife becoming a laughing stock lets have a meeting but don't mention brown.
Eugene you sid and the other board members need to have a word wi yourselves. or is it because he did not slag any of you he is still in a job ? how can a man who freely admits he cant motivate them that they are not good and shouts pathetic at his players be the man to take us forward? shove your meeting up your arse when you want to talk about all the issues get the board and brown to speak to fans about all issues get him to apologise maybe then we can move forward till then ram it Eugene

Come to the meeting and air your views which will be answered in a civilised Manner, or do you want continue youre cowardly comments hiding behind a website??

nothing cowardly about me my name is keith cation and as I said if they get brown to answer to the fans like a man then ah will go no this propaganda show. but you go and tell them what a great job they are doing well done

Keith. If you would repeat your post to Eugenes face, i agree its not cowardly. Need i go on?.

bit rich fifey unless youre going round telling lots of people they are bams on saturday as you have constantly said all wk. and I would say it to his face. its funny that the only statement that has been made from the board is for this meeting but don't talk about the one subject most fans want an answer to. while brown is lapping it up just a big joke eh

kceffc
bit rich fifey unless youre going round telling lots of people they are bams on saturday as you have constantly said all wk. and I would say it to his face. its funny that the only statement that has been made from the board is for this meeting but don't talk about the one subject most fans want an answer to. while brown is lapping it up just a big joke eh

You are a bit of a knob kceffc. Most fans my arse! Who the fuck are you to speak on behalf of most fans? You are obviously one of the BAMS and didn't like BB telling you how it is! If you are not happy, then don't go to Bayview, who wants ye there anyway? The sooner Bayview sees the back of you and your mates, the better!

And NO... I AM NOT A BOARD MEMBER, OR THE MANAGER, OR A PLAYER! I am just a supporter that has nothing in common with your views, okay?

ef supporter you are a knob no doubt about it. you have jumped on most peoples post with your pish calling folk bams an such. ah say most fans as most posts are unhappy with browns comments there is a way to do things and that is not the way. am no the gutless cunt who is calling other supporters bams . read ma posts ya thick cunt and you will see ah sit at the sea end and am not one of the boo boys. and you will never stop me goin to bayview and what gives you the right to tell folk no to go to games. see the back of me and ma mates up until the start of this season ah went to every game home and away do you ?. can only make home games now and a few away. so the fife don't need fans like me. do they need more sheep like you ? I also have not badmouthed the team in any of my posts. so to sum up ef supporter go fuck yourself ya clown

Good positive meeting chaired by Eugene and attended by 35 ish supporters.
Topics included:
1 The Match Day Experience - how can we improve?
2 How can EF attract young people to Bayview ? .
3 How can the club improve relations between club and local businesses?
4 How can we improve links between Club and Supporters?

Everyone attending had an input.

Fans recommendations will be put to the Board.

sammy
Topics included:

Echo this - a really positive and constructive meeting. Thanks for organising it Eugene and Alan.

sammy
Topics included:

Very worthwhile meeting. Some excellent ideas put forward.

good meeting ,some good ideas noted down. Once Eugene gets all the ideas together in an organised manner then hopefully we might get some feedback from the board

Excellent productive meeting very good points raised by all who attended.
Another point which maybe should have been brought up at the meeting Eugene.......could this possibly turn into a say quarterly event?? or a sub committee to keep this sort of thing going perhaps?

Just a thought lol

Keith,
I can understand anger at the way things are going both on and off the field but I can't really understand why you are getting steamed into Eugene.
The purpose of tonight's meeting was to generate ideas to help EFFC develop.
Long after the board,manager,major shareholders and players are gone most of us would like EFFC to still be there. Is calling a meeting to invite fans to put forward ideas which may help EFFC survive a bad thing ?

not at all the idea of the meeting is a good one at any other time but if Saturdays events did not happen do you think this meeting would have happened definitely not. I have waited all week for something from brown or the board well today I got it brown laughing about it on sky sports making out he defends players. He slates them week In week out.
Eugene came on and answered posts before and after mine but ignored mine that is why I steamed into him in your words. no apology to the fans from brown or the board no answer to my emails or my question on here. eugene takes the praise and ignores any difficult questions or does he only represent some fans? I feel if brown had come out and made a verbal or written statement this could have been overcome.
it is clear now that he stands by what he said and has no remorse for banding all of us bad fans. some fans agree with him. I don't that's life. but to say were where we are is because of this is pish. weve always had these fans some people still say bailkie was negative and pish to watch even though we walked the league. robbo got pelters to but almost got us to the playoffs twice. its brown and boards fault. whats there answer do nothing it will go away.
what will happen when the inevitable happens on Saturday and some fans boo brown and he reacts the same way what if a fan confronts him will he or she get praise for there passion I think not.
only my opinion but from what I read quite a lot of people have similar opinions. there is a way to do things and the browns outburst and the boards handling of this is definitely not how to do it

Stick to your guns Keith.
Perfectly understandable to get worked up. Been a bad season and a very bad week.

EF Supporter
kceffc

You are a bit of a knob kceffc. Most fans my arse! Who the fuck are you to speak on behalf of most fans? You are obviously one of the BAMS and didn't like BB telling you how it is! If you are not happy, then don't go to Bayview, who wants ye there anyway? The sooner Bayview sees the back of you and your mates, the better!

And NO... I AM NOT A BOARD MEMBER, OR THE MANAGER, OR A PLAYER! I am just a supporter that has nothing in common with your views, okay?

And when those views do not concur with yours they are a knob? Makes a change from a bam, sorry BAM, or a fud suppose.

You vocabulary is improving, your ability to post anything without foaming at the mouth or SHOUTING is not.

Don't get worked up about it, old boy.

Yep EF supporter is sitting in his pants foaming at the mouth behind his computer screen. He is wrestling with the fact that he can't make us think like him. Oh and on the wall is his hero's picture Billy Brown........

Sorry I couldn't attend last night. Good to hear so many did.

My thoughts, are that the club is operating in an area badly affected by the recession. They need to keep expenditure firmly under control, and reduce their charges wherever they can, (like last weeks cheaper admission deal).

Targeting any lowering of charges at the kids would be a good way of building the support for the future.

The matchday experience might be improved by allowing standing at the two ends, whether or not we're expecting any big crowds next year. More outrageously, some sort of a 'special' food that you only get at East Fife. Lobster roll? Or some other East Fife foodstuff? Keeping in mind the need to lower costs though. Maybe a tall order for these two?

Mad Man
EF Supporter
kceffc

And when those views do not concur with yours they are a knob? Makes a change from a bam, sorry BAM, or a fud suppose.

You vocabulary is improving, your ability to post anything without foaming at the mouth or SHOUTING is not.

Don't get worked up about it, old boy.

It's your views that make you a bam. You are probably quite a nice lad, when you are not slagging off East Fife.