Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brown's Job not in Danger

Article in today's courier with Sid saying Brown's job is not in Danger.

Sid highlights the importance of stability and comments on Billy's passion and frustration. Sid acknowledges that Billy went too far and Sid wasn't happy with some of the comments on the players.

So Boo-Boys - over to you. You going to get behind the club in its fight for Div2 survival or are you going to outpour more negativity - worth keeping in mind that negativity won't keep us in Div2

Re: Brown's Job not in Danger

Ive been getting behind the team all season. Hasnt done much good though eh?

How can this be the way forward? He's disrespected and embarrassed the fans. He's pissed all over the players. How can they possibly want to play for him after his comments?

His record speaks for itself.

This club is a fucking joke.

Fan
Ive been getting behind the team all season. Hasnt done much good though eh?

and will turning on the team have any good?

Callum Elliot
How can this be the way forward? He's disrespected and embarrassed the fans. He's pissed all over the players. How can they possibly want to play for him after his comments?

The last sentence is the signigicant part. He's got the worst EF record in recent memory but I knew as soon as he kissed the board's arse in his rant, he was going nowhere.

As I've said before, the manager is not the significant problem, it's the board/ownership. We'll go down this or next season, regardless, and stay there for years.

Post on P&B from an oppo fan;

"Any team with Darren Smith, Bobby Barr, Gareth Wardlaw, Paul McManus cannot plead poverty or lack of quality. It's a mid table/lower half 2nd div squad."

St Pauli Fifer
Callum Elliot

The last sentence is the signigicant part. He's got the worst EF record in recent memory but I knew as soon as he kissed the board's arse in his rant, he was going nowhere.

As I've said before, the manager is not the significant problem, it's the board/ownership. We'll go down this or next season, regardless, and stay there for years.

Post on P&B from an oppo fan;

"Any team with Darren Smith, Bobby Barr, Gareth Wardlaw, Paul McManus cannot plead poverty or lack of quality. It's a mid table/lower half 2nd div squad."

Cant believe this decision. Will go down as one of the worst ever...can see protests starting very soon............

GTF Collumbine you utter incompetent. You don't give a shit, who are you protecting?

You are keeping faith with a man who has steered the club to 13 games without a win, imminent relegation to the 3rd division with the few fans that are left now totally alienated by a clown with anger management issues. And this is the way forward?

Fucking perverse.

I will be backing the team but not the manger on sat he is a complete tosser

There will be a bigger media interest in Saturday's game than normal just waiting for something to happen. It will be publicity we can well do without though.

If you see Sid, tell him he's an arsehole...

I won't be there on sat I can't take more of this from the board. This is worse than the brown days and I won't be surprised if there is a protest. If a player had done that on sat then he would have been booted out the door. How are the players going to play for him now? I wouldn't if I was a player, he has let the club down. Your are killing this club Sid and co get to f...

Mad Man
GTF Collumbine you utter incompetent. You don't give a shit, who are you protecting?

You are keeping faith with a man who has steered the club to 13 games without a win, imminent relegation to the 3rd division with the few fans that are left now totally alienated by a clown with anger management issues. And this is the way forward?

Fucking perverse.

SPOT ON!!!!!!

Well if I can manage down to the game on Saturday then I for one will be watching from the mound again.
Sid can get to fuck, He is about as bad as Derrick Brown.
Is anyone else going to join me in my protest against the current board and manager or am I on my own in this.
Very pissed off with the current shambles in our club.

Should he not be judged on what he has achieved with east fife..On that form he should not be here

At any other football club in the world a manager is judged by football results.I can only hope billy brown never becomes the manager of blackburn rovers, or i dont know what would happen with the abuse the managers took there.I can only judge by what ive seen at games ,at brechin after getting thumped 6 nil the away support didnt even turn on the players or manager.At elgin the fans never turned on the players.I spoke to an east fife fan last week who said he had spent £100 going to brechin, forfar and coatbridge,and he was still there supporting the team on the tuesday against stranraer.So i think billy being a bit harsh on 95% of the loyal support.I hope all the fans get behind the team for the rest of the season,but i fear with results and performances remaining the same, there wont be many of us left to support the team.

fan67
At any other football club in the world a manager is judged by football results.I can only hope billy brown never becomes the manager of blackburn rovers, or i dont know what would happen with the abuse the managers took there.I can only judge by what ive seen at games ,at brechin after getting thumped 6 nil the away support didnt even turn on the players or manager.At elgin the fans never turned on the players.I spoke to an east fife fan last week who said he had spent £100 going to brechin, forfar and coatbridge,and he was still there supporting the team on the tuesday against stranraer.So i think billy being a bit harsh on 95% of the loyal support.I hope all the fans get behind the team for the rest of the season,but i fear with results and performances remaining the same, there wont be many of us left to support the team.

Look mate, you know fine that Billy Brown was directing his comments at the bams. This turning on all fans is just you and the rest of the ones who think they are the club ie - the bams, trying to turn all fans against the manager. You are simply doing your damnedest to get rid of another manager. Ask yourself, who in their right mind would want to come to Bayview and put up with you lot? YOUR RECORD speaks for itelf!

Now I wait on you all having a go at me, because YOU have been criticised and YOU don't like it DO YOU???

Its not the results a
s long as we have stability at the club

is EF supporter's real identity Sid Columbine?

Discuss.

Hmmmm?

Discuss.

He's definitely a member of the board or is connected to someone on it thats for sure

Hmmmm?

Discuss.

More likely Jocky who is definitely not a director, oh no.

An apologist for failure and the slow death of this club either way

Hmmmmmmmm...also
Hmmmm?

Discuss.

He's definitely a member of the board or is connected to someone on it thats for sure

I can confirm that he is most definitely a member of the board.

EF Supporter
fan67

Look mate, you know fine that Billy Brown was directing his comments at the bams. This turning on all fans is just you and the rest of the ones who think they are the club ie - the bams, trying to turn all fans against the manager. You are simply doing your damnedest to get rid of another manager. Ask yourself, who in their right mind would want to come to Bayview and put up with you lot? YOUR RECORD speaks for itelf!

Now I wait on you all having a go at me, because YOU have been criticised and YOU don't like it DO YOU???

Aye and Billy Brown's record speaks for itself too. Irrespective of his meltdown on Saturday he should not now be managing this team. You don't seriously think he can lead the team to beat the best 3 teams in the league to stay up or get through four play-off matches based on what he's done in 2013?

You are naive and deluded if you think that.

Grim Reaper
Hmmmm?

Discuss.

Are you saying GoF was telling SPF a fib when he stated to him that I am not Jocky? Explain.

No I'm being ironic and taking the piss.

EF Supporter
Grim Reaper
Hmmmm?

Discuss.

Are you saying GoF was telling SPF a fib when he stated to him that I am not Jocky? Explain.

Or you may be Jocky but using a different computer??????

Hmmmm?

Discuss.

Doubtful. Sid doesn't write in sentences.

Pedant
Hmmmm?

Discuss.

But that would surely mean he is a bam, as they don't even know what a sentence is.. or a paragraph... or a comma.... full stop........... apostrophe....etc.....etc......etc.

EF Supporter
Pedant
Hmmmm?

Discuss.

But that would surely mean he is a bam, as they don't even know what a sentence is.. or a paragraph... or a comma.... full stop........... apostrophe....etc.....etc......etc.

EF Supporter is Fifey aka Fifeybob.....see other thread where Fifey also calls critical fans bams

Fair play to him though he is always loyal. Although I reakon we could get beaten every week for ten years solid and he still would be full of praise for the management

gotcha
EF Supporter
Pedant
Hmmmm?

Discuss.

EF Supporter is Fifey aka Fifeybob.....see other thread where Fifey also calls critical fans bams

Fair play to him though he is always loyal. Although I reakon we could get beaten every week for ten years solid and he still would be full of praise for the management

Wrong again BAM! I don't think BAM is a word only to be used by one person (Fifey). I think he also uses other words that I use like ... THE .... A ......I .... etc. Come to think of it, you use these words too?? You must be me then??

So the BAMs have been called out for their abuse and how it is hurting the club...reaction.....more abuse?

Try giving some thought to how the negativity and abuse is damaging the club. Get behind the club......else their will be blood on your hands should the club go under.

Noisy crossbar
Try giving some thought to how the negativity and abuse is damaging the club. Get behind the club......else their will be blood on your hands should the club go under.

Aside from your deranged remarks about blood on hands, I wonder how negativity and abuse damage a club. East Fife have not won in over three months, and are heading for the play-offs where very few give them a chance of stringing four results together. How did negativity or abuse cause this? Can you give us a single example of how a shout from the stand cost the team a goal, or a point? Can you give a single example of how an annoyed or frustrated fan caused more grief to the club than yet another defeat that sent East Fife towards relegation?
If anything has affected the players' efforts, it is the weekly criticism that has come from the manager over the last two months, which reached its height on Saturday, as he spat out an aggressive "PATHETIC, PATHETIC" about the goal we lost.

supporter
Noisy crossbar

Aside from your deranged remarks about blood on hands, I wonder how negativity and abuse damage a club. East Fife have not won in over three months, and are heading for the play-offs where very few give them a chance of stringing four results together. How did negativity or abuse cause this? Can you give us a single example of how a shout from the stand cost the team a goal, or a point? Can you give a single example of how an annoyed or frustrated fan caused more grief to the club than yet another defeat that sent East Fife towards relegation?
If anything has affected the players' efforts, it is the weekly criticism that has come from the manager over the last two months, which reached its height on Saturday, as he spat out an aggressive "PATHETIC, PATHETIC" about the goal we lost.

Supporter, i take it your happy with the players efforts and performances, they're marking at set pieces etc,Billy Browns to blame for terrible marking, goal keeping errors, defenders getting robbed on the half way line like on saturday, being 2 nil up at forfar and then reduced to 10 men and lose 3-2..this has been all season, the goals we've lost are 'PATHETIC', if it was once every 2 months then fine but not every week, all these things have been highlighted by Brown.
These players had us 9th in the league BEFORE Brown took over, Brown came in had us 3pts from 3rd with a game in hand then the players go back to their usual slack performances.
'Supporters' love to dish out all their crap from the stands to our and opposition players and managers yet when they shout back its the usual " you cant say that to us"

Players not performing? You heard it from the man himself in his interview: "I cannae motivate them."

supporter
Noisy crossbar

So are you saying that the negativity and abuse has no effect on the club? Really?

Brown may well have the backing of hissing sid but he should do the decent thing and get tae fuck.
That youtube video is embarrassing.

Pretty clear now that the real problem is Collumbine, the only man in Fife - oh, of course he isn't in Fife except on Saturdays! - who can't see that a change of manager is needed even at this late stage of the season. Maybe because he appointed Brown. Were any others considered before that rushed appointment?

Time to go, Sid. Your lack of vision and leadership is showing.