Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Query about the board

As Collumbine represents the consortium (Collumbine Twigg Johnson) that owns the majority of the club does that mean that he is the only person on the board who holds any power? Basically it is up to him what decisions are made? Do any of the other board members have any say or clout at all?

Re: Query about the board

EFFC Forever
As Collumbine represents the consortium (Collumbine Twigg Johnson) that owns the majority of the club does that mean that he is the only person on the board who holds any power? Basically it is up to him what decisions are made? Do any of the other board members have any say or clout at all?

Not really! The majority shareholder who has no real interest in the club dictates and the board are only for show with only input on minor issues. I suspect he wants relegation as it may be cheaper for the club?

Unfortunatly the only way to get action from him is to hit in the pocket by not attending as happened in the db era. In fact I am surprised at how large the attendance is considering recent performances.

It's interesting to read this post and posts from others who profess to have the interests of EFFC at heart but are happy to post views which seem invented to suit their own agenda rather than reflecting fact.
Some time ago Eugene posted that the The Ranger's money was split evenly between club/player costs and a bond. Why would he post anything which was a lie and why do the usual suspects insist on posting imagined stories about Rankine/consortium taking money from EFFC.
"The Consortium," like any other shareholder, can only receive money from the club in the form of dividends and I am quite content in the knowledge that Eugene,Harry and the Methil based board members would have been making a noise if anything underhand was happening.
Now,if you are a concerned fan who knows that there is money leaving the club fraudulently get right on to the police with your evidence.
Of course you may just be a concerned fan who doesn't attend and wants to everyone know whats happening but do nothing about it.

These are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of any other human except perhaps "supporter" who will be busy typing about what else I haven't done.

Not The Other chairman
It's interesting to read this post and posts from others who profess to have the interests of EFFC at heart but are happy to post views which seem invented to suit their own agenda rather than reflecting fact.
Some time ago Eugene posted that the The Ranger's money was split evenly between club/player costs and a bond. Why would he post anything which was a lie and why do the usual suspects insist on posting imagined stories about Rankine/consortium taking money from EFFC.

You are one feckless chump. You have a go at fans "posting imagined stories" and not reflecting fact when you have got your facts badly wrong about what Eugene posted. The Rangers money was not split evenly. Go back and have a look. It's in a thread titled something like "East Fife finances statement".
The club took in £150k from Ibrox and was ordered by our absentee owner to put £100k into a bond, not to be spent. The remaining £50k was to be used for playing expenses and costs of running the club. That is not "split evenly".
At least £10,000 of the £50,000 has been grossly wasted on full-time wages for Bobby Barr, who just happened to be signed from Livingston, the other club that our absentee owner controls. That £10k figure doesn't even include what Barr earned at East Fife pre January.

You lose any credibility when you start your post with abuse.

Remember that we are all east fife fans .....maybe with differing opinions but east fife fans none the less. The abuse is uncalled for - please leave it out so that we can have meaningful discussions about our club. I know it's hard....passions are running high right now.

With regard to the point you make......rather than offer a recollection of how the rangers money was spent/saved, you could always offer the statement made by the club at the time. You'll find your recollection inaccurate.

The reply is correct as I posted from memory rather than check the original email and i apologise. Although the figures were wrong the purpose of the post was to highlight that there was never anything underhand about where the money went. Similarly posts which suggest that money is being taken from the club are just imagination.
How some of the money was spent is another issue and in hindsight the Bobby Barr move hasn't really worked and the money could have been better spent but at the time I thought it was a genuine attempt to improve the squad. Hindsight again but a £500 pw central defender may have been a better investment.

Noisy Crossbar
I am not sure if your post is directed at me or the next Trust Chairman but in this case I did check back and anything I have typed is insignificant by comparison with some of the hate being expressed over the last few days.

Supporter
Classy opening line. I can almost picture you kicking the cat as you typed that. It will be good to meet you on Thursday night and we can have a laugh about the banter and discuss the handover.

I was replying to supporter.

Noisy crossbar
I was replying to supporter.

So does that mean your post was directed at the next Trust Chairman?

"Now,if you are a concerned fan who knows that there is money leaving the club fraudulently get right on to the police with your evidence." NTOC

Who said anything about money leaving the club?!!!!!!!