Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Banner

We should make a banner with the famous bill shankly quote 'football without the fans is nothing'.

Re: Banner

Brown out
We should make a banner with the famous bill shankly quote 'football without the fans is nothing'.

I think Shankly would also agree that football without the BAMS would be just fantastic! Crowds most definitely would increase without them and the players would perform much better!

Imagine going onto AFTN and not one post with a BAM telling us that they are not spending their hard earned cash any longer, even after being a lifelong fan and that they have had enough and expecting normal people to sympathise with them? With the added bonus of no pratt saying their posts were POST OF THE YEAR, yet again!!

BLISS!

Methinks "EF Supporter" may prefer to live under a totalitarian regime for example in North Korea where everyone agrees with their dear leaders and no one is allowed to offer any alternative opinion or disent.

Brown out

What would REALLY help would be a banner for "BAMS DONT COME BACK YOUR DESTROYING OUR CLUB."

For free speech
Methinks "EF Supporter" may prefer to live under a totalitarian regime for example in North Korea where everyone agrees with their dear leaders and no one is allowed to offer any alternative opinion or disent.

What about the freedom to work? There are knobs on here desperately trying to get someone sacked!

By the way, get a grip and bloody grow up! North Korea.... East Fife??? What planet are you on ya dafty?

you call supporters bams knobs and dafties but people cant boo. ef supporter you truly are away wi it and I suspect are something to do wi the board.

Fifey
Brown out

What would REALLY help would be a banner for "BAMS DONT COME BACK YOUR DESTROYING OUR CLUB."[/quote

WRONG! An incompetent board are destroying OUR club!

DLA
Fifey
Brown out

What would REALLY help would be a banner for "BAMS DONT COME BACK YOUR DESTROYING OUR CLUB."[/quote

WRONG! BAMS are destroying football.

I have emailed the club giving my thoughts on the matter I urge every fan to do the same. some still want brown to stay I don't I think he has went too far in both his criticism of the fans and the players. I will support the team as I have always done but I am finding the boards stance more puzzling by the minute. it hurts to say but the only place I can see us going with brown at the helm is div 3

We may well be in div3 with brown at the helm, but that might not be a bad thing. We can rebuild. Look what stints in div3 have done for Cowden, Dumbarton, Arbroath, ........and I guess Rangers and Livingston

cowden Arbroath and livi had good hungry young managers. rangers are a big fish in a small pond so i dont see the similarities. granted Dumbarton done ok after a few seasons in the 3rd but the fact remains how do u get behind a manager who has sheer contempt for the fans and the players and a board who apparently don't see a problem if it was passion that caused browns outburst then where is his passion now to try and put things right. his and the boards silence says it all

What complete bollocks from Noisy Crossbar. We can rebuild in the Second Division, we don't need to drop into the bottom league to do that. Do you think anyone at Dunfermline is saying: 'We need to rebuild, let's ask the SFL to increase our administration penalty and put us into the Third Division.'
If you want to go down to the Third Division, think about how long it took us to get back to the Second Division the previous twice we have been relegated. Four years each time. See you in 2017. Samantha will be nearly 21, maybe she'll get the key to the door.

kceffc
cowden Arbroath and livi had good hungry young managers. rangers are a big fish in a small pond so i dont see the similarities. granted Dumbarton done ok after a few seasons in the 3rd but the fact remains how do u get behind a manager who has sheer contempt for the fans and the players and a board who apparently don't see a problem if it was passion that caused browns outburst then where is his passion now to try and put things right. his and the boards silence says it all

Contempt ...,, nah, that's not what I witnessed.

Do you disagree with what billy said in the post-match interview?

And the board do see a problem and I'm sure they'll let billy build his team for next season.

I'm sure billy will put his issue with a section of east fife fans behind him and move on..... Can that section of fans do the same?

EF Supporter
DLA
Fifey
Brown out

WRONG! BAMS are destroying football.

Len Shackleton, the old Sunderland and England forward in his autobiography entitled one of the chapters 'what the average director knows about football'. The page was left blank.

Sums up our Board exactly.

Noisy crossbar

Yes, I disagree with 95% of it. It is a litany of excuses during which he never once takes responsibility for anything that has gone wrong during what must be one of the worst run of results in 110 years. In his eyes, he is blameless.
The bit that I agree with is when he says he can't motivate the players. The law of averages means that he was bound to say something that was accurate.

I disagree with what he said totally. he is blaming his pish run of results on some fans who boo. I see a man who is so egotistical he truly believes none of this is his fault. I see a manager who has not won a game in 2013. I see a man who thinks he can repeatedly slate his players and fans and still command respect. and I cant comment on whether those fans will move on because I am not one of them nor do I know them I sit at the sea end. I did not boo but can still see he insulted everybody but the board why you don't who knows. but I still think he is incompetent at best or am I the problem too. wake up and smell the Bovril he doesn't give a shit about east fife all he cares about is himself. and he couldn't build a lego set never mind a winning team

I think that we also need to recognise that, never mind what he said, his behaviour was completely unacceptable.

He was highly aggressive and threatening towards fans, players and anyone who got in his way.

He clearly has a problem with his temper and anger and becomes completely irrational and out of control.

I fear that he will do someone harm and effc should not tolerate this behaviour as other employers do not.

supporter
Noisy crossbar

Yes, I disagree with 95% of it. It is a litany of excuses during which he never once takes responsibility for anything that has gone wrong during what must be one of the worst run of results in 110 years. In his eyes, he is blameless.
The bit that I agree with is when he says he can't motivate the players. The law of averages means that he was bound to say something that was accurate.

BB has a job to do. He is trying to do his job. The bams are boosting the opponents with their rants and its affecting the players, exasperated he done what most "MEN" when pushed too far would have done, just like any 'BAM" would do in his own job, he reactedl. He told it like it is which he will obviously do in the dressing room too. The bams moaned when we had a too softly softly coach, now we have a fighter and they cant handle the backlash they deserved so they want him out. 3 games to go and the bams want the coach out??
BB IS CORRECTr. SUPPORT THE TEAM, BE AS ONE. If we do on Saturday, we have a chance against Alloa, if the bams continue with the abuse, then???

EF Supporter,Im not going to the next few games and spending my hard earned cash.But the next time you see me if you care to come up to me and call me a BAM I think it could be quite interesting.If you dont know me my names Bob Hunter not the Fife Bob one the one that drives a big red and white van with a very well supermarket slogan on it...come and call me a Bam to my face

Bob Hunter
EF Supporter,Im not going to the next few games and spending my hard earned cash.But the next time you see me if you care to come up to me and call me a BAM I think it could be quite interesting.If you dont know me my names Bob Hunter not the Fife Bob one the one that drives a big red and white van with a very well supermarket slogan on it...come and call me a Bam to my face

Rise above it bob - you're better than that.

Noisy crossbar
Bob Hunter

Fucking sick of this shit about I m a better fan than you and oh these people that shout this and that are bams and whatnot.We are all EFFC fans and want the best for the club.We are tearing ourselves apart and it has to stop.I think BB should have walked after the performance on and off the pitch at the weekend but he has not so we have to get behind the team and stop all this in fighting after all were all in this together

Bob Hunter
Noisy crossbar
Bob Hunter

Fucking sick of this shit about I m a better fan than you and oh these people that shout this and that are bams and whatnot.We are all EFFC fans and want the best for the club.We are tearing ourselves apart and it has to stop.I think BB should have walked after the performance on and off the pitch at the weekend but he has not so we have to get behind the team and stop all this in fighting after all were all in this together

Well said Bob.

Tam
Bob Hunter
Noisy crossbar
Bob Hunter

Well said Bob.

Bob Hunter
Noisy crossbar
Bob Hunter

Its ok Bro' dont take it literally, someone used the term regarding who BB was relating too. It just got carried on by others from there. Critics is more appropriate. Ive been to many games with you and never heard you shouting down a player so why are you classing yourself as a critic? We are all critical during the game but keep the discussions between us, not abuse the team or coach. Some however do and they cant help it, they are angry and cant control themselves.
They/we are all supporters and i admire/respect any fan who supports The Fife or any lower leagus team for that matter, be he like me or be he a critic. We do have a reputation though of being overly critical an it needs toned down.

For the sake of the club, can we not just call a truce and make the Alloa and Brechin games total "encouragement" days no matter what happens on the park or the dugout.

Maybe Brown was trying to protect his players but just went the wrong way about it?

I agree BN.

Sack the Board.

S-Pat
Sack the Board.

Bob Hunter

I haven't a clue who you are Bob and if you think I am calling you a bam, you must be one of the fans hurling abuse. If you weren't, then I was not calling you a bam. You decide, as only you will know.

Why did you not have a go at those calling supporters apologists?

Sid out
S-Pat
Sack the Board.

You forgot to say that was "Post of the Year"

You are a first class cock EF Supporter.

I really, really hope you are not a Board member.

Mad Man

Better than being a 1st Class FUD Mad Man! I am not a board member, so no need to hope about anything! Why are you hoping, by the way?

No I'm glad you're not on the Board as it would be depressing to have people in control of our club engaging with punters on this forum in such an anonymous and undignified manner. I would hope any Board member would be above such shenanigans unless they identify who they are.

None of the above of course applies to anyone else so let the mud slinging continue!

Mad Man
I would hope any Board member would be above such shenanigans unless they identify who they are.

What exactly is the meaning of that sentence? Self-contradictory it seems??

Mad Man
None of the above of course applies to anyone else so let the mud slinging continue!

Are you oblivious to your own posts, or do you include yourself as a mudslinger?

You really are quite dim.

Brown out

No need to make a new banner. There should be plenty of "Brown Out" banners from D Broon days that are due another airing!

EF Supporter you state on one of your posts that fans that say they are not going to games and wasting their hard earned cash are Bams.As i am a fan that goes to nearly all home and away games but will not be at a match for a while you are in affect calling me a Bam.Iam pissed off with supporter arguing instead of us all pulling together.Some fans thinking they are better than others and arguing like wee lassies is not helping our situation .What I say to all fans is we are EFFC and we need us all to be pulling together not pulling ourselves apart.

Yeh...good post Bob
These discussion forums are ok for people to give their opinions.
Fans of the team can buy season tickets, attend home games only, pick and choose when to attend, or just follow from their arm chairs.
I'm of the opinion that each person can choose whats best for them.
As long as we want whats best for the club and the current team. How we do this is an individual choice, the content and nature of our posts are solely up to the individual.
The point I'm trying to make is...adverse negativity is counter productive.

Bob Hunter

Bob you are pissed off that someone has called you a BAM because you are not a BAM. So now you are proposing (by implication) to kick the shite out of EF Supporter next time you see each other. Isn't that the behaviour of a BAM or am I missing something?

EF Supporter
Mad Man

Better than being a 1st Class FUD Mad Man! I am not a board member, so no need to hope about anything! Why are you hoping, by the way?

You are a board member you lying knob.

look at my post I said come and call me a Bam to my face it could be interesting.I have not indicated any violence I am asking someone who hides behind user names to have the ball to reveal themselves and say it to my face.

Bob Hunter
look at my post I said come and call me a Bam to my face it could be interesting.I have not indicated any violence I am asking someone who hides behind user names to have the ball to reveal themselves and say it to my face.

Bob, I have no wish to upset you personally, which seems to be the case, so I apologise for giving you the impression I was calling you. I didn't know you even existed, so how can I be getting at you personally?

What gets to me, is that none of the people who say East Fife are their team, but have had enough and stopped going to games, never seem to criticise the people who are without doubt, hell bent on causing East Fife as much grief as possible. Why only target those that are trying to defend East Fife? It is because of the vitriol that is spouted on here that I post what I do.

Check out some of the posts and see the amount of bad mouthing going on against the players, the manager, the board, the fans who dare to defend the club, yet people like yourself get wound up by me criticising these people and imply that it is people like me, that is pulling us(the fans) apart??

I'm sorry Bob, but I don't get it? I mean, why are you not saying to the others about revealing their names?

Brown out

I completely agree, 'brown out, Sid out, board out'

Get behind the team. We have three games remaining and the play-offs to secure our second division status.

Kings of Fife
Get behind the team. We have three games remaining and the play-offs to secure our second division status.

That's a fair point to make, and I agree with it. But we've been told the team is poor, and not good enough. The players have been told they are poor. The manager says he can't do anything more with them. The supporters have been told we are worse than poor.
All this makes it harder and harder to rally support.