Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
He's struggling

Billy is struggling and struggling and struggling to deal with the fans. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQWTdhRZw8&feature=youtu.be

Re: He's struggling

What's it like being a TOSSER James?

Give him a break guys. The man needs a hug.

Come on the Fife!

James Evans
Billy is struggling and struggling and struggling to deal with the media. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQWTdhRZw8&feature=youtu.be

Eh? He gave a full post match interview answering every question in detail and with passion. How is that struggling to deal with the media?

James, I'm guessing you're part of the x-factor generation where your thinking is done for you and gratification is instant.

Fixed it.

Just you might find it funny....obviously not!

Noisy crossbar
He gave a full post match interview answering every question in detail and with passion. How is that struggling to deal with the media?

It is the worst post-match interview (or the best if you like a laugh at East Fife's expense) most people have ever seen. Take a look at the Hearts and Hibs message boards. Take a look at Pie and Bovril. Have a look at what fans of other clubs are saying about him.

Brown's "pathetic" performance in front of the media, belittling his players and criticisg supporters, underlines why he does not have what it takes to be a manager. He is an assistant who is out iof his depth. And I now wonder if he is even an assistant. He is probably only Jim Jefferies' assistant.

I'd rather listen to him try to explain why we were doing okay in the league when he took over, and now we are staring at relegation. Why is that? It's the same squad as before. Why are the results so bad during his time in charge?

supporter
Noisy crossbar
He gave a full post match interview answering every question in detail and with passion. How is that struggling to deal with the media?

It is the worst post-match interview (or the best if you like a laugh at East Fife's expense) most people have ever seen. Take a look at the Hearts and Hibs message boards. Take a look at Pie and Bovril. Have a look at what fans of other clubs are saying about him.

Brown's "pathetic" performance in front of the media, belittling his players and criticisg supporters, underlines why he does not have what it takes to be a manager. He is an assistant who is out iof his depth. And I now wonder if he is even an assistant. He is probably only Jim Jefferies' assistant.

I'd rather listen to him try to explain why we were doing okay in the league when he took over, and now we are staring at relegation. Why is that? It's the same squad as before. Why are the results so bad during his time in charge?

I don't need to take a look at what other fans are saying to form my own opinion mate. Nor do I know if it is the worst post match interview people have ever seen.....and neither do you.....and nor does it matter.

We're we not 2nd / 3rd bottom when billy took over?

The question wasn't asked as to why results have been so bad......but I'm sure the answer he'd give is that they players are not good enough.....and sadly this is something I agree with. He may have also said some things he would have done differently.....but again that question wasn't asked.

Brown will be here until the end of the season. Any change you could put your grievance on hold and support the team as we fight to stay in the division?

We were doing ok in the league before he arrived? Are you for real? Don't you remember being pumped 3-0 by stenny who had 10 men? Altho not the league we got humped 5-1 by a 3rd div club in the cup.For what it's worth we got the new manager bounce at the wrong time so he may have thought they weren't that bad but the players soon reverted to the shite we've watched all season.I thought he'd go after saturday but he hasn't so i'll support the team and the manager until something changes.One thing for sure if the players had the fire in their guts that brown has then maybe just maybe we wouldn't be where we are,just a thought!!!!