Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Game v Alloa

Right folks lets get this nonsense the past week behind us and focus on what is hopefully the last 3 matches of the season.

On Sat we face an Alloa side sitting comfortably in 2nd position in the table, again we find ourselves needing to win.

Im very much the optimist and think we will sneak a 1-0 win thanks to a McBride strike.

Come on guys lets get behind the team and cheer them on to victory.

Re: Game v Alloa

Will do GIRFUY.

Absolutely spot on. We need a minimum of 6 points from our last 3 games now let's pick up the first 3 points on Saturday.

Agreed. WE ARE EAST FIFE.

Mon the Fife.

My team for Saturday:

Antell/Brown(not fussy)

Durie Campbell White Johnstone

Barr Muir Smith Sloan
Gormley Samuel

Got to get Div out of defence and use his strength / energy to shore up the midfield. Of the team above, it is the same defence and midfield that won at Pittodrie last season (except Stonie for Park, and Barr for Linn)
No Ogelby or Wallace, but have other forward options in Macmanus, Mcbride, Jamieson or Wardlaw.
There is still hope.

Can we ditch Telstar for a while and run out to the PJ and Duncan classic, 'Lets Get Ready To Rumble'?

Ritchie
My team for Saturday:

Antell/Brown(not fussy)

Durie Campbell White Johnstone

Barr Muir Smith Sloan
Gormley Samuel

Got to get Div out of defence and use his strength / energy to shore up the midfield. Of the team above, it is the same defence and midfield that won at Pittodrie last season (except Stonie for Park, and Barr for Linn)
No Ogelby or Wallace, but have other forward options in Macmanus, Mcbride, Jamieson or Wardlaw.
There is still hope.

Decent side. I'd maybe swap Stoney and Sloan over. Roberto did well at Ayr in left defence and Stoney always causes problems with his turn of pace. I think Scott McBride is worthy of a start as well but not sure where.

Stenny 2-1 QOTS
Hope the job is done for QOTS and the foot is well and truly off the pedal.

The next 3 games should be treated as cup finals so, who knows, maybe we can get the results we need.
Hope whats been happening at the club (management) this week will spur them on to get the results they CAN get! Been fairly close with QOTS and Alloa this season.
Looks likely we're headed for the playoffs, so might aswell have a good go at them.

come on the FIFE! i hope we get this win with all this press we had with our manager...roll on tommorrow, out to enjoy this sunshine and heading through to Fife, Come on!

come on East Fife,
let's get the win 2moro xx

my team i would like to see out tommorrow:

Antell

Durie, Campbell, White, Johnstone

Barr, Muir, Smith, Wills

Gormley & Samuel

Subs:
Sloan, Kleeinan, M.Brown, McManus, Malcolm

I want to see Gormley start he always has full of energy when he comes on the park but doesnt seem to get a run from the start and Samuel to start aswell as he can hold the ball up.

Come On Fife! A win is must be due now >>>

Ok. How about we all stand up and chant "East Fife......." when the team comes out. Put our differences with Brown to the side and back the team like never before.

Let`s play our part.

talk sport 5005

Antell

Barr, Muir, Smith, Wills

Gormley & Samuel

Subs:

I want to see Gormley start he always has full of energy when he comes on the park but doesnt seem to get a run from the start and Samuel to start aswell as he can hold the ball up.

Don't disagree with your choice except the fact that our top goalscorer and penalty taker Scott McBride doesn't even make the bench. Rather see him on the bench than Bob Malcolm.

Bayviewboy
talk sport 5005

Antell

Barr, Muir, Smith, Wills

Gormley & Samuel

Subs:

Don't disagree with your choice except the fact that our top goalscorer and penalty taker Scott McBride doesn't even make the bench. Rather see him on the bench than Bob Malcolm.

Ohwaaa i forgot we had him sorry...Yeah i agree he is our scorer in the team and can take a penalty if called upon, least he has form and not in and out of the team and is unfit, sorry malcolm if reading this but always a role in the dugout and play a part too.
I'm staying postivie cmon Fife!

Can we have the theme music from The Great Escape booming out

are we not at p*** taking

Agree with post above let’s get right behind the team from the whistle. Sun shining, decent crowd and a win please. The players deserve it, we deserve it

Totally agree, managers insane but we'll deal with that at the end of the season! For now it's quite simply Mon The Fife!!

Agree come on East Fife