Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today's Daily Record

There is a full page on Billy Browns antics in today's Daily Record. He is clearly embarrassed by his antics, and comes across a lot better than before now he has calmed down. This doesn't excuse what he did mind you, and for me he still has to go. I am shocked there has been no statement from Billy or the club to the fans regarding his outburst. Saturdays atmosphere has the potential to be poisonous.

Re: Today's Daily Record

CG
There is a full page on Billy Browns antics in today's Daily Record. He is clearly embarrassed by his antics, and comes across a lot better than before now he has calmed down. This doesn't excuse what he did mind you, and for me he still has to go. I am shocked there has been no statement from Billy or the club to the fans regarding his outburst. Saturdays atmosphere has the potential to be poisonous.

Saturday's atmosphere will be what you make it.

I intend to get behind the club and give them my support.

Really depends on how the team does.
If the team do well most fans will get behind the team and cheer.
If they do badly then fans will jeer.
Its not rocket science....its how it always is at every football ground in the land.

I will get behind the team but boo billy brown on every occasion.

Buy this week's programme & you will get your clarification from BB

Archie
I will get behind the team but boo billy brown on every occasion.

will the players hear you boo the manager?
If so, how will they know it is for the manager and not them?
And if they do know it is for the manager....... how will it affect them?

AS billy said,the only way to get success is when you are ONE.

How can we be one when the manager basically calls them shite on sky sports news??

Many fans will most likely cheer the team onto the park then follow that up with boos towards BB as he comes out. I expect nothing less in all honesty. The man has embarrassed our club, and although he may have made a few valid points, the way he has gone about it is totally the wrong way. He has also shown himself to be quite the hypocrite. How he can slate the fans for not supporting the team and then go onto national television and state that the team isn't good enough is beyond me.

CG
Many fans will most likely cheer the team onto the park then follow that up with boos towards BB as he comes out. I expect nothing less in all honesty. The man has embarrassed our club, and although he may have made a few valid points, the way he has gone about it is totally the wrong way. He has also shown himself to be quite the hypocrite. How he can slate the fans for not supporting the team and then go onto national television and state that the team isn't good enough is beyond me.

given that Saturday's media attention will be on the fans to see whether they are boo-boys or not, would it not be better to hold-off on the boos even if they are just for the manager. the subtleties of who the boos are aimed at won't be picked up by the media.

CG

100% correct.

Liam Anderson
Buy this week's programme & you will get your clarification from BB

Let me get this right. An embarrassment that has gone viral and is getting UK-wide exposure to hundreds of thousands all day on Sky Sports News, is going to be clarified for the 150 people who buy a match programme in two days' time.

Did we really need another example of how the EFFC directors have no idea what they are doing?

given that Saturday's media attention will be on the fans to see whether they are boo-boys or not, would it not be better to hold-off on the boos even if they are just for the manager. the subtleties of who the boos are aimed at won't be picked up by the media.
[/quote]
Seeing I was not there at the time I agree 100/% with noisy crossbar's post and it will make us look bad.

zak

Seeing I was not there at the time I agree 100/% with noisy crossbar's post and it will make us look bad. [/quote]

So, if there aren`t any boo`s directed at Billy Brown it will then make him look good and he will get all the praise saying his rant was worthwhile.

I will support the team but not the manager and the current board of incompetent so called directors and chairman.

zak

Totally agree