Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Billy Brown on Sky Sports News

Billy Browns post match interview was shown on Sky Sports news there......its obviously doing the rounds more than we thought.

''More to come later'' along with a live interview with Billy Brown around about 10:20am on Sky Sports News, could be interesting folks

Re: Billy Brown on Sky Sports News

They say that any publicity is good publicity.

Well that is utter bollocks

a LARGE PIECE in the scum today.more COLUMN INCHES than we have had in ages,,,,What a SPREAD,

It would be nice if we were getting coverage for actually being a decent team rather a pile of sh#te with a crackpot manager

Stayed up to watch this.

Was an attempted PR spin job.

Edited the rant video to make it look less crazy.

Still no acceptance that he can't get the players to do anything and more jibes about not being a very good team.

great interview - questions put to billy were on the subject of fans booing.

He states he is a bit embarrassed with what happened, but it was born out of frustration and he is who he is. He try's his best, meant what he said and still means it.

He says people are entitled to boo but that it won't help. Some of the players are not mentally strong and it is hard to keep heads up when there is booing.

Reason East fife are where they are is that it is not a very good team EF has this year. They were 2nd bottom when he took charge.

Hope is that there is a positive reaction from this.

Booing has been part of football for years but has more prevalence in recent years.

GoF
Stayed up to watch this.

Was an attempted PR spin job.

Edited the rant video to make it look less crazy.

Still no acceptance that he can't get the players to do anything and more jibes about not being a very good team.

dunno of it was a jibe......more a statment of fact IMO

"We have some players that are not mentally tough"

"East Fife don't have a very good team this year"

Brilliant Billy.

For those who missed this interview, can view it here.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/8648775/brown-confronts-east-fife-fans

Noisy Crossbar

He states he is a bit embarrassed with what happened, but it was born out of frustration and he is who he is. He try's his best, meant what he said and still means it.

He says people are entitled to boo but that it won't help. Some of the players are not mentally strong and it is hard to keep heads up when there is booing.

Reason East fife are where they are is that it is not a very good team EF has this year. They were 2nd bottom when he took charge.

Booing has been part of football for years but has more prevalence in recent years.

If the players are mentally fragile, I'm sure it'll be a great confidence booster to hear BB say they're shite on national tv.

Billy Brown psychology master mind.

Hmmmm?
"We have some players that are not mentally tough"

"East Fife don't have a very good team this year"

Brilliant Billy.

I had to watch that again as I couldn`t believe he said that!!

What a big morale booster that is eh??

Paul
Noisy Crossbar

If the players are mentally fragile, I'm sure it'll be a great confidence booster to hear BB say they're shite on national tv.

Billy Brown psychology master mind.

Think he went to the David Brent school of management. Expect another half-hearted effort on Saturday and a certain defeat. He'll never manage another team again after this. Certainly if he thought that East Fife would be a stepping stone to something bigger and better then he's fucked that up big style.

This was a perfect opportunity, set up by his old pal, to apologise for going over the top, or even just to say "it's only a minority, I don't want to tar everyone with the same brush, plenty of the East Fife supporters get behind the team"

No, not Billy Brown. Nothing is ever his fault. Instead we got "I meant it and I still mean it" followed by "there you go, these things happen".

Remove this man from his position please. He is making zero progress on the field, he takes every opportunity he can to say in public that the players are poor, and he has made us a laughing stock off the field. Get rid.

He said we were second bottom of the league when he took over??!! I dont think we were

If he's right then we had games in hand. We certainly werent cut adrift with no hope of catching 8th!

Exactly he's talking shite were went far off the play-offs

We were 2nd bottom so he's right and i don't think we had any games in hand.Whatever the rights or wrongs with what he said/saying,i think he is wrong,lets not lose sight of the fact that the players are not good enough.We have had 4 different managers try to get some sort of performance out of them and look where we are.Most posters on here do agree with that fact but whether our manager should be saying it so publicly is debatable.

In my opinion the current situation we find ourselves in has been coming for a while.
We haven't had a decent centre half since Tweed left the club and it's cost us christ knows how many goals season after season?
We've been lucky in the past but it's biting us on the backside now.

That said, whether or not BB should be going on national TV and telling the players they're simply not up to it is another matter.

"East Fife havent got a good team this season" - what I find interesting with this quote is Sid Collumbine said in The Courier that the board dont agree with this opinion of Billy Brown and expect the players to be doing better.

Yet BB repeats it again and this time to the nation!

I cant accept that with the likes of: McManus, Muir, Smith, Bobby Barr, Sloan, Stoney, McBride, Willis etc that we should say we havent got a good team.
Fair enough we're not at Queen of the South type level...but we do have better players than the likes of Stranraer, Stenhousemuir etc.

On pie and bovril a Stranraer fan says that the game they played us at Bayview in November was one of the best performances he had seen from any side this season.

The logic is faulty.

Again he doesnt accept any blame. Well how about Brechin a few weeks ago for starters? His tactics had a huge bearing on the result that evening (I was there) as they got in behind our full backs all night as they were too far up the field.

The problem we have is that the board are behind him come what may. I dont think he should be here, for performances on the pitch let alone all this other stuff.
Any protests, booing etc at this stage isnt going to be helpful to the team as we head into relegation playoffs. Therefore I have decided that I will not boo but will support the team with everything I have.
However should we get relegated, I will be making my views to the board in no uncertain terms

He should have walked away earlier on in the week. Made a idiot of himself by saying that its a rubbish east fife team then saying that the players arent mentally strong!! He has obviously lost it and i feel sorry for him. I believe he may be a nice man but this hasnt worked out for him. He shouldnt have carried on the way he did on saturday and i cant see much changing this saturday.

Amazing the amount of times he says they instead of we! Taking zero responsibility.

And that's the biggest issue I have with him. He doesn't even take a share of the responsibility for the position of the club (which should be shared among the manager, players and directors).

Unfortunately in Billy's world the share is 50% players, 50% fans.

Fat Doug
Amazing the amount of times he says they instead of we! Taking zero responsibility.

He's a man of contradictions. We need to be one (me and them). The players need backing (they aren't very good).

Grim Reaper
And that's the biggest issue I have with him. He doesn't even take a share of the responsibility for the position of the club (which should be shared among the manager, players and directors).

Unfortunately in Billy's world the share is 50% players, 50% fans.

How do you know that Brown doesn't feel partly responsible for the situation we are in? I have never heard his say that it is not his fault.... have you?

Did anyone knoe if Billy Brown managed to stay for the full training session last night or did he bugger off early again?

Noisy Crossbar
How do you know that Brown doesn't feel partly responsible for the situation we are in? I have never heard his say that it is not his fault.... have you?

You should try asking him if he thinks any of this is his fault. He will tell you that he inherited a mess, the players are not good enough, and no-one could get any more out of them than he does. At no point will he say 'I've made mistakes'.
This is what he was saying to his friends two months ago. Now he's telling anyone who will listen, out of desperation.

Just saying!
Did anyone knoe if Billy Brown managed to stay for the full training session last night or did he bugger off early again?

Thank you for this revealing insight. As he has told us, there's nothing more he can do. So may as well go home.