Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Billy Brown - Legend

Now I know im going to get nobody to agree with me everyone is go so how much of an idiot I am but to be honest it don't bother me.

What im go say is ive listened and watched Billy Browns interview and half time speech and 1. I think he has balls 2. He talks the truth and 3. He is 100% correct.

For it taking so long for a manager to criticise our fans publically is beyond me, I know we pay our money and you think you deserve to voice your opinion vocally but instead of booing and swearing at our players why not shout head up son they are mostly young kids and your already putting them down even lower than it is with your criticism.

Most fans criticise our players at their first mistake and moan bout the board because they think they can do better but as billy said correctly support the team rather than putting them down, im sure if all our fans supported nd cheered us on more rather than putting first boot in when we make mistake ( which should be the opposing fans doing not us ) then we could be couple places higher in the league.

Re: Billy Brown - Legend

The fact is that it isn't the fans fault that the team is where it is. He's said it time and time again that there's nothing he can do. So why's he still in charge?

He's a poor manager. Enough said.

BlackNGold86
Now I know im going to get nobody to agree with me everyone is go so how much of an idiot I am but to be honest it don't bother me.

What im go say is ive listened and watched Billy Browns interview and half time speech and 1. I think he has balls 2. He talks the truth and 3. He is 100% correct.

For it taking so long for a manager to criticise our fans publically is beyond me, I know we pay our money and you think you deserve to voice your opinion vocally but instead of booing and swearing at our players why not shout head up son they are mostly young kids and your already putting them down even lower than it is with your criticism.

Most fans criticise our players at their first mistake and moan bout the board because they think they can do better but as billy said correctly support the team rather than putting them down, im sure if all our fans supported nd cheered us on more rather than putting first boot in when we make mistake ( which should be the opposing fans doing not us ) then we could be couple places higher in the league.

1. So it`s the fans fault that we are 2nd bottom of the league is it?

2. The team is not mostly young kids.

3. Billy Brown has publically criticised the current team. Today he said on national TV that "East Fife don`t have a very good team"

4. He is not 100% correct.

5. Most fans DO NOT criticise players at their first mistake.

6. I wouldn`t know if he had balls tbh.

Manager tries to get best out of a squad that aint his bar 2-3 players, and as he said Ferguson or Mourinho cant do much with them so are you calling them bad managers?? The fans have to take account for the abuse they give the players, as like I said in another post if that was there son out there would they scream and shout at him making him feel 2 foot tall for 1 mistake or would you say head up son you'll be ok?

BlackNGold86
Manager tries to get best out of a squad that aint his bar 2-3 players, and as he said Ferguson or Mourinho cant do much with them so are you calling them bad managers?? The fans have to take account for the abuse they give the players, as like I said in another post if that was there son out there would they scream and shout at him making him feel 2 foot tall for 1 mistake or would you say head up son you'll be ok?

You may make a decent point apart from the fact that it is Brown himself who is constantly telling the players they are poor through the media -

"no winning mentality"

"nobody in the team that can lead"

"East Fife dont have a good team"

"some lads at East Fife arent mentally strong"

BlackNGold86

100% agree. Great post.

Cambuslang Fifer Alert.

BlackNGold86

well said, also sick of fans saying 'WE' all want Brown out, i dont.
Most cheer and clap the team onto the pitch then 10mins into it players are told they're F**king rubbish,useless etc. Lets support the players throughout the game pls

Fifey
BlackNGold86

100% agree. Great post.

I think that we have to support the team on Saturday.

I agree we do have to support the team but whatever effect the booing has surely the comments from brown in the press over the last 6 weeks or so are more discouraging. if he had the balls to come out sunday or Monday and say something like im sorry the passion got the better of me in the heat of the moment its only because I believe these players are good and can keep us up then I maybe could have moved on but what did we get nothing.
that is why I have no confidence in brown or the board anymore but I will always support the players because east fife is and always will be my team.

BlackNGold86
Manager tries to get best out of a squad that aint his bar 2-3 players, and as he said Ferguson or Mourinho cant do much with them so are you calling them bad managers??

Sir Alex and Jose must have been up to take a couple of sessions midweek. I applaud the board for pulling out all the stops with this one, aiming high, it's just a pity that it didn't work out.
In answer to your question though, I don't think their failure in Methil this season makes either of them a bad manager. If you look at their overall record, in my opinion they stand out as two of the best managers in the game.

BlackNGold86

BlackNGold86

Spot on

Cheer them to victory. What a brilliant idea. I wish someone had thought of this in January.

Give supporters something to cheer, and they will cheer. There has been nothing to cheer for months.

Well said OP, I can't agree with the Thread subject line. Legend.

I do admire his passion but you just can't publicly attack supporters like that.
He has (IMH) made mistakes - tactically - and missed opportunities to strengthen, IF he was ever allowed to?
But ....... There is no way negative messages from the crowd can ever achieve anything but a detrimental effect on the park.

The players hear almost every shout and are walking on egg shells most of the time.
That stifles creativity and responsibility - get shot of it so they don't shout at me.

We may not have the best set of players for a while, but they are OUR Team right now and whilst confidence is this low, they need US right behind them, more than ever.

Hmmmm?
Cambuslang Fifer Alert.

Hello hmmm? Mon The Fife! we are struggling classic just seen the pre match comments, LEGEND