Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BB Article on tellhimhespele.com

Good article at http://tellhimhespele.com/?p=5012

Re: BB Article on tellhimhespele.com

Yeah, says it all.

The moaners will only like half of this article.

In the post match interview Brown said about the hecklers that " i'd been told about them before i came"
2 ex captains and other players fell foul of them whilst playing and still comment about them to this day. The abuse aimed at the players was ongoing before Brown was here.
Word is spreading about the hecklers and there'll come a time when giving the choice between signing for East Fife and another club then a player/manager will think twice about coming to Bayview.
C'mon East Fife fans support the players even if they're having a stinker.

Brilliant piece,hits the nail on the head.The man is a self obsessed fud.

kenwit
The moaners will only like half of this article.

In the post match interview Brown said about the hecklers that " i'd been told about them before i came"
2 ex captains and other players fell foul of them whilst playing and still comment about them to this day. The abuse aimed at the players was ongoing before Brown was here.
Word is spreading about the hecklers and there'll come a time when giving the choice between signing for East Fife and another club then a player/manager will think twice about coming to Bayview.
C'mon East Fife fans support the players even if they're having a stinker.

One or two of them troll on this site.

Thought this article was absolutely brilliant and wrapped up everything that has been talked about.Loads of great points. Definitely recommend for all East Fife fans to read

"there are already deep-seated divisions within the east fife dressing room " does the writer have inside info of this statement.
by the way st pauli fifer BOCHUM 3-0 ST.PAULI.
st pauli and east fife in relegation play-offs ?
what would a bet on that be?.

in a nutshell

crack it and tell

union berlin
"there are already deep-seated divisions within the east fife dressing room " does the writer have inside info of this statement.
by the way st pauli fifer BOCHUM 3-0 ST.PAULI.
st pauli and east fife in relegation play-offs ?
what would a bet on that be?.

Spf is in Berlin trying to forget the slow death of EFFC and the current 'manager'. It's all like a bad dream.

Could care less about FC St Pauli tbh.

What's Dave Clarke up to?

I see we were mentioned again on the site after the weekend result. Again spot on.

http://tellhimhespele.com/?p=5040
Billy Brown deserves no credit for East Fife’s win
East Fife’s 2-1 victory over Alloa Athletic saw the club arrest a horrid run of form and pick up their first win in 15 matches, allowing them to keep pace with Stranraer immediately above them in eighth place. The result was even more impressive given the context of Billy Brown’s astonishing post-match interview where he railed against the lack of support from the East Fife fans and the poor quality of his players, whom he claimed that “not even a mixture of Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho” could manage.
Naturally, Brown was far more sanguine as he basked in the glory of victory. “When things go for us, and we get everything together, we’re not that bad a team,” he beamed when speaking to The Sun. “I thought we were pretty resilient, defended well, and were dangerous.
“Alloa are a good team, with good movement. They’re as good a team as there is in the league. I always knew they would get one. These games never end 2-0, that’s why I’ve not got a lot of hair! But we deserved it. We matched them most of the time, and probably edged it.”
What nonsense. Last weekend, Brown had effectively given up on the players and absolved himself of any responsibility for East Fife’s current league position. He continually referred to the players as “they”, drawing a clear distinction between himself and his charges. It’s all their fault; it’s nothing to do with me! One positive result later, however, and he seems delighted to take a share in the credit for East Fife’s deserved win. It is disappointing that no-one from the assembled press saw fit to question Brown about his own role in the club’s poor season. His hubris and hypocrisy is staggering.
It is clear that Brown is more concerned with protecting his own reputation than improving the club’s fortunes. Should East Fife survive relegation and maintain their Second Division status, he deserves no credit – it is their beleaguered players who should receive all the praise. CGT

I was impressed with Willis's dignity during the post-match interview.

Yes excellent article. Whatever the motivation behind the improved show on Saturday the players were clearly doing for the team, themselves and yes, maybe even for the long suffering fans. They clearly were not doing it for Billy Brown and who could blame them?