Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fans

Great support today from East Fife fans. Really got behind the team. Everyone that was there - well done! Proud to be a Fifer

Re: Fans

Yes. Great atmoshphere with everyone behind the team. Big cheer for BB when he came out and he applauded the fans. Whatever you say about last week, it has worked.

As for the game. Excellent performance. Alloa played some nice football but were never really a threat until 2-0 down. We could have had five!!

Well done lads, if we play like that in the playoffs, nae bother. (If the playoffs)

aye good win but brown in my opinion has to go at the end of the season. he has done nothing. could have apologised to all fans but chose not to still stands by comments. east fife fans are some of the most loyal on the planet fact. we take roughly a quarter of home fans to away games which most spl teams would envy he had a chance to apologise on good terms but didnae he has no remorse for the past week. which has been one of the darkest in all of my time supporting east fife. but superb team performance today we battled for everything and on this performance can still stay up

Fifey
Yes. Great atmoshphere with everyone behind the team. Big cheer for BB when he came out and he applauded the fans. Whatever you say about last week, it has worked.

As for the game. Excellent performance. Alloa played some nice football but were never really a threat until 2-0 down. We could have had five!!

Well done lads, if we play like that in the playoffs, nae bother. (If the playoffs)

Great performance from the whole team today. Seemed to be a far better team spirit today with players encouraging each other and shouting instructions to each other. We closed Alloa players down a lot quicker than we have in recent games and the work rate was superb. Sammy showed today a great appetite for the game, always wanting the ball and prepared to chase back if the ball was lost
Hopefully we can still avoid the play offs but we need other results to go our way. However if we do end up in the play offs, if we can perform like today for the next couple of games, we can at least go into the play offs a bit more confident.
Just one point Fifey - Every game since Billy Brown came to the club he has followed the team out with the rest of the Coaching staff. Today, I have to say, he was very clever, cause he knew the players would get a positive response when they came out, so he walked out alongside Div as he led the team out, to avoid getting any abuse directed directly at him. Fair play to him it was a wise thing to do, but no doubt his supporters will think it was all directed towards him !
Hopefully we can get a result next week and Stranraer lose in midweek and next Sat to set up a grand finale against Brechin in two weeks time,
C'mon the Fife

It has to be said....
Good to see the manager apologise to the fans for harshly criticised them.
Thankyou!

Billy Brown walked out and in with the players. The team got a really good reaction from the supporters and they played very well today and everyone looked right up for it.

I don't know what the reaction to BB would have been if he'd walked out/down the tunnel after the players. I doubt he would have got a "big cheer".

He completely distanced himself from any responsibility for how this team have performed recently or how motivated they are, so presumabley he'd hold his hands up and say today's performance was fuck all to do with him?

The reality is that today's performance will probably turn out to be far too little, far too late but I'm behind the players. Billy Brown can fuck right off.

Proud to be an east fife fan today,everyone should be proud of themselves,you could see what it meant to all the fans and players at the end.Only thing is it is out of our hands,we are needing help from else where.However lets see if we can build up a bit of confidence in the next few games.Special mention to colin samuel and stonie they were immense today,and div gave us the drive in the middle of the park thats been missing.Brechin not firing on all cylnders but usually good at home,will be watching with one eye closed for result on tuesday.Once again we really deserved to win today best showing for a long time,keep it up lads.

im sorry but that is not an apology. 3 or 4 lines in a programme 1 week after the incident and 3 days after he can go on camera and say I meant what I said. brown is a twat and that's why he walked out with the team for the first tine ever cos he knew then he wouldn't get booed. let him come on camera or out to the fans and apologise but then don't think he has the bottle. he will be thinking hes justified tonight but really the fans just proved how wrong he was. he slated the fans in the national press and the national tv but apologises in 3 or 4 lines of a 200 seller programme not the same. and I can never get behind him the guy is a egotistical dick.

kceffc
im sorry but that is not an apology. 3 or 4 lines in a programme 1 week after the incident and 3 days after he can go on camera and say I meant what I said. brown is a twat and that's why he walked out with the team for the first tine ever cos he knew then he wouldn't get booed. let him come on camera or out to the fans and apologise but then don't think he has the bottle. he will be thinking hes justified tonight but really the fans just proved how wrong he was. he slated the fans in the national press and the national tv but apologises in 3 or 4 lines of a 200 seller programme not the same. and I can never get behind him the guy is a egotistical dick.

Eh?... Okay but why diute all the positives today with a rant?. For fucks sake it was a great day, the players, fans et al were superb! Chill oot, enjoy the day and if you cannae... Stick
yer finger up yer arse and rub yer two fingers up,and doon yer shaft and fire off yer pus!

I think east fife fans turned the corner today. Last week BB was out if order but today we turned the other cheek and got behind the team. Cheering them on and singing makes a difference to the players it lifts them and pushes them on. Btw Alloa played well to be honest we were chasing shadows much of the time and got passed to death. Sammi was outstanding as was mcbride stoney and Div played the captains role well. Thought callum was unlucky for the goal initial point blank save was out standing. Well done east fife we need to stay up

don't think I diluted anything just made a point but thanks for telling me not to rant with a even bigger rant. but I really don't want to know how u spend your Saturday nights. keep taking the medication wankmag

Bob Agg
Billy Brown walked out and in with the players. The team got a really good reaction from the supporters and they played very well today and everyone looked right up for it.

I don't know what the reaction to BB would have been if he'd walked out/down the tunnel after the players. I doubt he would have got a "big cheer".

He completely distanced himself from any responsibility for how this team have performed recently or how motivated they are, so presumabley he'd hold his hands up and say today's performance was fuck all to do with him?

The reality is that today's performance will probably turn out to be far too little, far too late but I'm behind the players. Billy Brown can fuck right off.

Actually, it's you that needs to FRO neebs! Your kind dinnae fit in doon Bayview way and we dinnae want ye! Yer mair interested in yersel, wanting a personal apology! Naebuddy kins wha ye are onyway, so who cares what ye hiv tae say?

Edit - same gans fur you kceffc. By the way, hoo cum we nevur heard fae you twa yisturday, if ye felt that stroangly? Ah'll tell ye why, ye didnae waant tae be the odd man oot, cos ye wur in a massive minority, thats why!

actually telstar I did post yesterday. and I didnae before it because I didnae think it was the time and would just be repeating myself I also spoke to Eugene yesterday and explained where I was coming from. I just think if you slate people nationally then you should apologise the same way not just for me but everyone at the club. also the apology was written before he went on sky sports and contradicted his statement.
also to a man everyone I spoke to said similar it could have been sorted with a simple apology or statement giving people something to get behind.
also what makes you think you have the right to tell anyone not to go to bayview. you have no right to tell anyone this.
and telstar its easy to come on with pearls of wisdom after the event. have you posted once this week ? if not why come on on sunday and slag people off I give my opinion nothing more nothing less. but at least I do it do you ?

Telstar

Actually, it's you that needs to FRO neebs! Your kind dinnae fit in doon Bayview way and we dinnae want ye! Yer mair interested in yersel, wanting a personal apology! Naebuddy kins wha ye are onyway, so who cares what ye hiv tae say?

Edit - same gans fur you kceffc. By the way, hoo cum we nevur heard fae you twa yisturday, if ye felt that stroangly? Ah'll tell ye why, ye didnae waant tae be the odd man oot, cos ye wur in a massive minority, thats why!

Less and less people fit in at Bayview these days, we're struggling to hit 500 most Saturdays. I'm not interested in a personal aplogy, I just want Billy Brown gone. He's a shite manager and an arse hole. You obviously care enough to post this pile of shite, you idiot.

I was there yesterday. Sorry for not handing out wee hand-written notes to every supporter (wouldn't have taken that long actually) with my opinions written on them but if you'd have been sitting beside me, you'd have known what I thought.

Bob Agg
Telstar

Less and less people fit in at Bayview these days, we're struggling to hit 500 most Saturdays. I'm not interested in a personal aplogy, I just want Billy Brown gone. He's a shite manager and an arse hole. You obviously care enough to post this pile of shite, you idiot.

I was there yesterday. Sorry for not handing out wee hand-written notes to every supporter (wouldn't have taken that long actually) with my opinions written on them but if you'd have been sitting beside me, you'd have known what I thought.

We nevur heard fae ye, means ye nevur had the boattle tae shout yer usual abuse! It disnae mean pittin wee notes aroond tae awbuddy. Ah hink a lot o' people wid be back it Bayview, if the atmusphere wiz bettur, which means if fok like you twa wurnae aroond spouting aw yer bile!

as i said at least I put opinions up no just moaning about other posts. secondly I don't shout abuse at players I encourage them like most fans.
please learn to spell its like trying to read a five year olds ramblings. telstar more like duelling banjos but least you managed to spell bayview correctly.

I knew this love all over Levenmouth wouldn't last

kceffc
as i said at least I put opinions up no just moaning about other posts. secondly I don't shout abuse at players I encourage them like most fans.
please learn to spell its like trying to read a five year olds ramblings. telstar more like duelling banjos but least you managed to spell bayview correctly.

That's funny, what wurds did ah get wrang, cleverclogs?

kceffc
Dec 9, 2009 - 12:19PM
Re: no heart no passion

aye it was me i asked if he thought that was guid enough he just ignored me . didnae expect an answer like . felt bad doing that but thought they needed to know how pissed off i was

Oh, and look at wha encouraged the players!

kceffc
Dec 7, 2009 - 12:42PM
no heart no passion

was at bayview on sat and it hurts to say but this team has less heart and dig about them than i can remember any team havin over the twenty years i have watched them with the exception of shagger who is still fightin the rest look like they dont care. thought the new board had money to invest ? we got rid of gray who put his money in for what . even clyde who let there whole team go and rebult at start of season are only two points behind it is a shambles. i dont just blame crawford for this but he must take share of blame wi collumbine and co . even players who used to be good for us ie linn and smart dont look interested and that is down to the coaching staff . sludden laughing at us and shakin head cos we dare to tell craw that isnae guid enough if that is his and other players attitude then it is simple get rid o them and get someone who will fight for the fife jersey

Seems tae be a trend here. dae ye no hink?

going back 3 and a half years to claw something up. desperate much ? I looked yours up 1 post before today says it all really. that particular game we had just lost 2 nil at home to alloa if I mind right and we were very poor not chasing anything two long balls straight through the middle for the goals. and then craw walks by coming off the pitch laughing and joking with sludden so I lost it. not proud of it but that's life. this is a forum its about opinions well for most people it is. then there are trolls like you who pick up on other peoples opinions but offer none of your own because you probably need your football knowledge spoon fed to you.
troll on telstar.

Telstar

We nevur heard fae ye, means ye nevur had the boattle tae shout yer usual abuse! It disnae mean pittin wee notes aroond tae awbuddy. Ah hink a lot o' people wid be back it Bayview, if the atmusphere wiz bettur, which means if fok like you twa wurnae aroond spouting aw yer bile!

What's my usual abuse? You said you don't know who I am so how the fuck would you know what kind of abuse I shout or even if I ever shout abuse? And do you know what I did or didn't shout yesterday?

Well done BB and the team.

Bob Agg
Telstar

What's my usual abuse? You said you don't know who I am so how the fuck would you know what kind of abuse I shout or even if I ever shout abuse? And do you know what I did or didn't shout yesterday?

Yer awfy fur the bad language y'kin neebur.

Maybe it's just best to move on?