Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
idea for this club

After seening some of the promotion 2003 winning team yestarday, why doesn't the club raise some money by holding a legend game at bayview this summer...by playing either dunfermline or raith legends? If you agree what players would you want to pick and also a manager? Can this be worth a shout?

My team I would pick-
Willie mcculloch
Greig mcdonald
Johnny smart
Michael hall
John ovenstone
Paul mortimer
Bobby linn
Brian mcphee
Ryan wallace
Kenny deuchar
Paul mcmanus

Subs
Jim butter
Keith gibson/ John cusick
Kevin fotheringham
Stevie nicholas
Steven tweed

Manager - davie clarke or jim moffat or baikie or robbo. I go for baikie

Re: idea for this club

Based on you list, you may wish to look up the definition of the word legend.

I think his list is mainly based on players that are actually still able to play, be a bit difficult asking players over 70 years old to play lol

But i think its a good idea, I also think that there should be an auction for a fan to play for the legends team too. I dont think it will raise loads (the auction) but itl b decent plus itl give a fan a chance to play in a good game

Big Mike
I think his list is mainly based on players that are actually still able to play, be a bit difficult asking players over 70 years old to play lol

But i think its a good idea, I also think that there should be an auction for a fan to play for the legends team too. I dont think it will raise loads (the auction) but itl b decent plus itl give a fan a chance to play in a good game

You are correct. Players that can play and still around, the game would raise a few pounds and be worth to see the likes of deuchar in a black and gold shirt again. I agree no one has mention this untill I thought of this at half time yestarday. Many big clubs in the uk have their legends playing to boost their club profile, attendance or raise money. If raith or dunfermline accept our invite then we would see the likes of crawford, burchill, brewster, andrews etc....

the trust done this last year or two years ago. supporters against promotion team was great day. would be good to do it again. maybe have open day with other things on get the bars open make a few quid. I think it is a good idea

kceffc
the trust done this last year or two years ago. supporters against promotion team was great day. would be good to do it again. maybe have open day with other things on get the bars open make a few quid. I think it is a good idea

If that's true I hope someone mentions this at the clubs next meeting or if the board and sid sees this as a good way of making extra money in the summer. I for one would pay to see east fife legends vs raith rovers or dunfermline legends at bayview and the supporters to come and watch all the past heros from 1999 upto current like muir and shagger for us.

Brian McPhee? I suppose he gave us good service in showing Dougie Barron up, right enough.

John Ovenstone hahaha

coonsil tax payer
Based on you list, you may wish to look up the definition of the word legend.

Bit harsh wasn't it?

fife
John Ovenstone hahaha

John Ovenstone is a local lad who came through the EFFC youth system to wear the captain's armband for the club.
Care to list your credentials?