Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
EFST Lunch

It has been a gruelling time since the turn of the year but yesterday certainly helped make up for some bad days.
Many players and manager Jim Moffat from 2002/3 promotion winning team joined supporters for a lunch in the upstairs lounge which was full and were warmly welcomed both during the event and when introduced to the crowd at half-time
I can only pass on what I saw but both players and supporters mixed freely, swapped stories and memories about that great season and genuinely enjoyed the day.
A big thank you to all who attended.
This was followed by a battling performance from the players who fully deserved their 2-1 victory over Alloa.
Its days like this which help make the bad days bearable.

Re: EFST Lunch

Not The Other Chairman

This is what puts the club beyond hope. Thinking that a day like yesterday makes up for the disaster of the past four months which in all probability is going to result in relegation.

Yesterday was a much, much better day and a cause for celebration but for god's sake please don't try to say that it makes the bad times bearable.

lapsed fan
Not The Other Chairman

This is what puts the club beyond hope. Thinking that a day like yesterday makes up for the disaster of the past four months which in all probability is going to result in relegation.

Yesterday was a much, much better day and a cause for celebration but for god's sake please don't try to say that it makes the bad times bearable.

And kin you stoap moaning anaw? That wid mak it mair bearable tae!

Totally agree with you NTOC.
As I said a few weeks ago , it is far easier to support a winning team rather what we have had to endure for most of the season.
I happened to be in the company of Mikey Hall yesterday and a nicer guy you could not hope to meet- full of admiration for Jim Moffatt and his fellow team mates, but most of all for the role played by Craig Robertson. Mikey also spoke highly of the East Fife support.
It was also obvious that there was still great camaraderie between these players. They were technically not a great team but there is no denying that they played for each other and the jersey.

Congratulations also to the Trust for the acquisition of a further £3000 worth of shares.

As a post script to yesterday, surely the BOD should consider a role for Jim Moffatt in some capacity or other.

That 02/03 team are my favourite East Fife team by a mile. So many great characters in that team and their never-say-die attitude was phenomenal.

sammy
Totally agree with you NTOC.
As I said a few weeks ago , it is far easier to support a winning team rather what we have had to endure for most of the season.
I happened to be in the company of Mikey Hall yesterday and a nicer guy you could not hope to meet- full of admiration for Jim Moffatt and his fellow team mates, but most of all for the role played by Craig Robertson. Mikey also spoke highly of the East Fife support.
It was also obvious that there was still great camaraderie between these players. They were technically not a great team but there is no denying that they played for each other and the jersey.

Congratulations also to the Trust for the acquisition of a further £3000 worth of shares.

As a post script to yesterday, surely the BOD should consider a role for Jim Moffatt in some capacity or other.

Well said Sammy. We had the pleasure of Johnny Allison at our table and had King Kenny Deuchar and family behind us during the game.
How could anyone not be proud to be a Fifer yesterday?