Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
latest scores

alloa 3-1 albion rvs
stranraer 0-2 forfar
qos 0-1 the fife steve campbell-36mins

Re: latest scores

1-0 East Fife cmon

0-1 to the Fife

McBride has missed a penalty!!!!!

Now 3-0 to Forfar

2 nil wardlaw! YESSSSSSSSSSS

qos 0-2 the fife campbell,wardlaw

This is incredible!

more like this is a FIX not incredible

2-1......Nervy!

Come on boys hold on

Squeaky bum time.

2-2 !!!!! fuck!!!

No way!

Oh fuck right off.

Two goals in the last three minutes.

Shocking.

2 goals lost in 87 and 90 minutes! A draw means nothing.

Finished 2-2.

Gutted for the fans that travelled today.

Why do Stenny not have much to play for if they win they could end up 4th if results go there way (far superior goal difference!) so I would say they have loads to play for personally

great effort boys don't think another team has pushed them as hard all season. keep this form up and I think we will be ok either automatically or through playoffs. least we have form going into vital stages

Brechin can`t be caught in 2nd place so hopefully they will rest a few players next week. Stenny can catch Arbroath as they have a better goal difference and are at home next week to Stranraer.
Still all to play for and next week is huge.

Obviously disappointing to lose those late goals but if you had said beforehand would you take a draw and Stranraer get thumped I'd have taken it for sure. We could already be in the play-offs tonight but we're not and its all to play for.

Well done the boys today, a great result.

I'm gutted. Was in our hands next week if we had hung on. Have to hope for a few favours, but I think we have a better chance in the playoffs now that the team has put a couple of decent results together.

A 2-2 draw against the runaway champs away from home isn't bad, just the manner in which it was achieved...

Just back from the game....
What a superb performance from the team.
Their goalie m.o.t.m says it all.

Think they thought this was going to be a stroll in the park before their celebration party. But the boys were well up for it and took the game to them from the off.

Their support were subdued from the start...maybe they felt intimidated from the vocal EF fans, who got behind the team big style...full credit to us.

After a clearance from inside their box a controlled strike from Campbell hit the top corner of the net.

Their keeper pulled off 2 top drawer saves denying Willis and McBride(pen).
Still pressing them we got a deserved 2nd. And could have had a third (cleared off the line) from Barr.

The team worked their sock off today and this told in the last 10 mins when we were soaking up their pressure.

Left the game today feeling like a defeat, but looking back probably one of the best performances this season.

Defence looked solid for the most part and midfield worked box to box and good to see Gareth and Sammy put a shift in again.
Would have settled for a point before the game... truth be told we were the better team today.

Brilliant support today at Palmerston. The fans sang the whole game. They were top drawer

Full credit to all of us that were there, we sang the whole game and completly out sung their fans!

Exiled fan down south who made the trip especially today. As others have said would have taken these set of results. But the manner is so tough to take. Hope it doesn't demoralise the lads for next week as there is still work to do.

Yesterday's result maybe doesn't figure in a top ten of great EF results but it was certainly one to be proud of as a great team effort. It was a brilliant day out from start to finish and even the bus breaking down couldn't put a damper on the day.
We still need at least one good result and a bit of luck but the last two games have,temporarily at least,kept the lonlies at bay. No doubt the time will be spent thinking up new nommes de plume (if that's the correct plural)should things go wrong.

For the new Trust Chairman in waiting - this is a very personal opinion and Trust members were not consulted.

Are you trying to say people come on here under various made up names?

Not The Other Chairman
We still need at least one good result and a bit of luck but the last two games have,temporarily at least,kept the lonlies at bay. No doubt the time will be spent thinking up new nommes de plume (if that's the correct plural)should things go wrong.

For the new Trust Chairman in waiting - this is a very personal opinion and Trust members were not consulted.

The team played their best match of the season until the collapse at the end, but unless we win on Saturday coming, the Alloa game will be our only victory in four months. Still, it's enough for Not The Other Chairman to have a dig at the critics.
I wonder who is the "new Trust Chairman in waiting"? It doesn't really matter. It's not about someone else taking over, it's about *anyone* taking over, and sparing us puerile drivel about lonlies and usernames.

fife fan
Not The Other Chairman

The team played their best match of the season until the collapse at the end, but unless we win on Saturday coming, the Alloa game will be our only victory in four months. Still, it's enough for Not The Other Chairman to have a dig at the critics.
I wonder who is the "new Trust Chairman in waiting"? It doesn't really matter. It's not about someone else taking over, it's about *anyone* taking over, and sparing us puerile drivel about lonlies and usernames.

By definition, a critic is someone having a dig, is it not? Why should a critic be immune from being criticised? After all, they can spout some drivel as well, can't they?

Fife fan
2 goals lost in 87 and 90 minutes! A draw means nothing.

A draw means that if Stranraer draw on Sat and you win, you stay up, so it did mean something.

Billy Bumflaps

I didn't mean you Billy.

Fife Fan,
I have no problem with critics but I cannot understand constant critics who either don't attend,offer no solutions or will not post a few words of encouragement after two good results.
It's probably an age thing but I also don't understand why someone who fits into these categories needs to be anonymous and use several names.
If you have an affinity with that type of poster and feel the need to defend them so be it.

The word critic comes from the French critique meaning a reviewer, not necessarily having a dig. OK

Auld Geezer
The word critic comes from the French critique meaning a reviewer, not necessarily having a dig. OK

Then the aforementioned so-called critics, are NOT critics. The word that should be used for them is moaners, as they are certainly not reviewers. OK?

Not The Other Chairman
Billy Bumflaps

I didn't mean you Billy.

Fife Fan,
I have no problem with critics but I cannot understand constant critics who either don't attend,offer no solutions or will not post a few words of encouragement after two good results.
It's probably an age thing but I also don't understand why someone who fits into these categories needs to be anonymous and use several names.
If you have an affinity with that type of poster and feel the need to defend them so be it.

You`re 100% correct in that it`s "probably an age thing" which asks the question why you are Trust Chairman yet keep coming up with the same old boring posts about lonelies and anonymous posters.
You`re boring and predictable.

Neither wonder the Trust stands still.

A 2-2 draw against the runaway champs away from home isn't bad, just the manner in which it was achieved...[/quote]

What do you mean?

Peter,
It's probably an age thing - or have I said that ? You were either born with that name or chose it but either way life has probably been quite difficult. There is a wind of change blowing in the Trust's direction and the Chairman elect will be the type of leader you can follow. Although there has been no notification of the planned coup I have been told it is the same person who organised the banners and mound protest for the Alloa game.
This is my personal take on the situation and to the best of my knowledge no other Trust member shares my opinion.

p.s. For details of how to join the Trust please use the attached email address.

Not The Other Chairman
Peter,
It's probably an age thing - or have I said that ? You were either born with that name or chose it but either way life has probably been quite difficult. There is a wind of change blowing in the Trust's direction and the Chairman elect will be the type of leader you can follow. Although there has been no notification of the planned coup I have been told it is the same person who organised the banners and mound protest for the Alloa game.
This is my personal take on the situation and to the best of my knowledge no other Trust member shares my opinion.

p.s. For details of how to join the Trust please use the attached email address.

Like the guy said...

boring and predictable.

Just a cross to bear. I am boring and predictable - you are an anonymous follower. My opinion of course.

Not The Other Chairman
Just a cross to bear. I am boring and predictable - you are an anonymous follower. My opinion of course.

Anonymous follower? How do you know this?

You couldn't be more wrong

O.K.

Allan
Not The Other Chairman
Peter,

Like the guy said...

boring and predictable.

I say your post is boring and far more predictable. Only my opinion, as is your post only your opinion.

Fair's fair.
I say your post is boring and far more predictable. Only my opinion, as is your post only your opinion.

Hiya Jocky. Hiya EF Supporter

Wow! Another predictable and boring post!

Peter Pissflaps
Not The Other Chairman
Billy Bumflaps

I didn't mean you Billy.

Fife Fan,

You`re 100% correct in that it`s "probably an age thing" which asks the question why you are Trust Chairman yet keep coming up with the same old boring posts about lonelies and anonymous posters.
You`re boring and predictable.

Neither wonder the Trust stands still.

Sorry mate but are you saying there is no place for 'old' people in the Trust set up?

Yes, get these old b******s off the Trust board and get people on who write what they think and are prepared to back up the words with actions.
That's what I think - not influenced by anyone else

Not The Other Chairman
Yes, get these old b******s off the Trust board and get people on who write what they think and are prepared to back up the words with actions.

I agree! YES!

I may well join if that were the case.

Not The Other Chairman

with recent advances in healthcare, you are actually middle aged.