Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Next week

Right I'll be the first to say this , lets get the admission prices cut & get as many fans as possible into Bayview to cheer the guys on! Stranraer have to win at Stenny to be sure but I don't think they will so a win WILL keep us up. Last weeks crowd was great lets make next weeks even better.

Re: Next week

It also needs to be promoted properly as well. Get the headline on the EFM as "YOUR LOCAL CLUB NEEDS YOU".

I'm sure that Scott will do the needful in the EFM

good shout liam lets get as many fans in as possible to help us stay up. if we don't do it automatically I would cut prices to 7 pound for playoffs and 2 pound for children and oaps its hard times the noo and we need bums on seats. I would also like to see initiatives to attract new fans such as familys for £15 2 adults and up to 2 children. or bring a friend for a fiver get new fans in also I know people will say its open to abuse but I think its worth a shot. you cant talk a non fifer into coming to a game when you consider its about 30 to 40 quid if your on the bevvy. but anyway well done boys for keeping it going till the last day. cmon the fife. believe

What about having a mascot raffle?

100 tickets at £1 each. Winner gets to be the mascot, everyone who enters gets free admission.

A4 poster and a book of tickets behind the bar/ counter of a few local shops.

Might be a bit late for next week, but a good idea going forward....

Totally agree Liam great shout, also lets make it a bit of a carnival atmosphere always helps the players having full support behind them, great chance of survival still 12th man needed........

Forfar Chairman just announced on twitter football for a fiver £3 concession for Satudays game to test theory that fans will turn up if price is right. Livingston have done the same a few times this season.

If its good enough for them why not East Fife. Come on board do the right thing to reward the supporters and draw in some extra bodies

Board meeting tonight I believe so maybe some good news tomorrow?

Probably too late in the day now to make any impact. Would have to have been announced at the weekend to get it splashed in the East Fife Mail etc

realistic
Probably too late in the day now to make any impact. Would have to have been announced at the weekend to get it splashed in the East Fife Mail etc

Correct.
But Leven High St has been splattered with adverts for the game.

Get this match promoted on KINGDOM FM .

Every home game is on Kingdom FM.

Liam Anderson
Board meeting tonight I believe so maybe some good news tomorrow?

Or maybe Thursday?

article in today's courier where sid hopes as many EF fans as possible turn up on saturday

Noisy Crossbar
article in today's courier where sid hopes as many EF fans as possible turn up on saturday

Eureka! Sid "hopes" = guaranteed capacity crowd, enough said.
You've got to hand it to Sid and the board, they have pulled out all the stops here to get fans along to the game, without even having to cut the price to make it more attractive. That's shrewd business.
And remember, the board have had to work so hard to win people over after the manager's outburst about the boo-boys. This is nothing short of genius. Better get there early on Saturday to guarantee a seat folks, because SID HAS SPOKEN

Do you actually enjoy moaning? Have you not a good word to say about anything to do with East Fife?

Your attitude just doesn't make sense; you don't like the board, you don't like the prices, you don't like the chairman of the trust, you don't like the manager, you don't like the players; Is there anything you do like?

TBH I don't think this is the right game for the club to offer a discount on.

The importance of the game is enough to get those considering coming along to come along. If the club offered a discount on this game, yes maybe a few more may be persuaded to attend - but not enough to pay for the discount that those going anyway would receive.

Club has to try and maximize revenue and discounting this game would not achieve that IMO.

Im pretty sure that reducing the price to say for example £5 for adults and £2 for the rest is whats needed for the club.

End of the day, profit from this game isnt important, its staying in the 2nd division where we will get big gate receipts next season from The Rangers coming into the league, I think the clubs missed a big opportunity to get bums on seats on Saturday and looking at the bigger picture for next season

The board should have been more forward thinking.Its not about revenue from this game its about revenue from next season.Its about getting as many fans in as possible to help the team sometimes called the 12th man sid.

Nae wonder the Fifers get a bad name fur being tight! Always wanting something for next tae nuthing and then calling ithers greedy!

I agree with the sentiments that we want as many there as possible on Saturday but do you guys think there are a bunch of east fife fans who won't be going to our most important game of the season because it hasn't been discounted?

We will never know because the club have not tried to reduce the prices.

80 or so fans did pretty well as a 12th man last week, as did around 500 the week before against Alloa.

I live in Southampton (Hampshire) and working but my thoughts will be with east five fc winning this vital match 'come on the fife'.

Can't agree more with the call for reduced entry for this vital game.
Sure most die hards will be there anyway, a significant portion of whom will be ST holders.
The revenue "lost" from the Walk Ups would be more than partly covered by the extra bods?

As stated this individual game is not about the profit, it's about doing all we can to remain in this League, with the potential revenue from next season compared to life in SFL3

A big and loud home backing is THE best way to achieve that goal IMH

Get the schools in for free, give every registered youth player free entry and 2 free Comps for their folks.
Fill the place up, make lots of (positive) noise.
No better way to help the Team/Club to achieve SFL2 survival and the "benefits" that come with it.

Too late? It's never too late to try.
M'on The Fife.

Noisy Crossbar

The importance of the game is enough to get those considering coming along to come along. If the club offered a discount on this game, yes maybe a few more may be persuaded to attend - but not enough to pay for the discount that those going anyway would receive.

Club has to try and maximize revenue and discounting this game would not achieve that IMO.

This is exactly the sort of response I would expect right now from an EFFC director, Mr Noisy Crossbar. The club has a cash flow problem. That will be why John Donaldson has been "invited" to become a full director. His money will be helping to get us to the end of the players' contracts this season. And that cash flow problem will be why there is no discount to attract extra fans on Saturday - the club can't afford to help itself. The bigger the support on Saturday, the better chance of the players responding and securing Second Division status and lucrative matches against Rangers. But Noisy Crossbar makes excuses for the board, saying that maximizing revenue on Saturday is the priority. If that is true, our situation must be dire. And why is the ever-loyal Noisy Crossbar so in tune with the financial reality that the board has been keeping a secret? It might make you wonder!

This is typical of the club's week to week existence. We landed 150k from the Ibrox game in August, and now we have run out of money. Meanwhile Bobby Barr has been picking up a crazy 500 quid a week. It is time someone is held responsible for this chronic mismanagement of East Fife. In our hour of need, all the board have done is say "we hope people come". God help us.

Good luck to every East Fife player on Saturday. You can do it

observer
Noisy Crossbar

This is exactly the sort of response I would expect right now from an EFFC director, Mr Noisy Crossbar. The club has a cash flow problem. That will be why John Donaldson has been "invited" to become a full director. His money will be helping to get us to the end of the players' contracts this season. And that cash flow problem will be why there is no discount to attract extra fans on Saturday - the club can't afford to help itself. The bigger the support on Saturday, the better chance of the players responding and securing Second Division status and lucrative matches against Rangers. But Noisy Crossbar makes excuses for the board, saying that maximizing revenue on Saturday is the priority. If that is true, our situation must be dire. And why is the ever-loyal Noisy Crossbar so in tune with the financial reality that the board has been keeping a secret? It might make you wonder!

This is typical of the club's week to week existence. We landed 150k from the Ibrox game in August, and now we have run out of money. Meanwhile Bobby Barr has been picking up a crazy 500 quid a week. It is time someone is held responsible for this chronic mismanagement of East Fife. In our hour of need, all the board have done is say "we hope people come". God help us.

Good luck to every East Fife player on Saturday. You can do it

Sorry mate, but you are talking rubbish. As I said above -

"80 or so fans did pretty well as a 12th man last week, as did around 500 the week before against Alloa."

Are you also saying that to be loyal is somehow a bad thing and makes you wonder? Noisy Crossbar has only given his/her opinion and you are slating him/her, why? Are you from along the road and wanting to see East Fife lose money and go bust? We can all make accusations like that if we want to, so why not just accept NC's opinion and stop the slating!

As for slating the board for saying they hope people come, well that is something countrywide that is said on a regular basis by boards, managers, players, national teams etc, etc, etc for an important game. Nothing underhand or wrong with that at all.

Why bring John Donaldson into this? John is being recognised for his voluntary work over many years and rightly so, but you are intimating it is because he has some kind of fortune. It makes you wonder what goes on inside tiny minds like yours. Wise up! I think your main problem is pure jealously pal.

Observer is probably SPF.

Nope. Your general ignorance knows no bounds.

Still, at least the right-wing, homophobic UKIP are doing well down there for you.

St Pauli Fifer

Still, at least the right-wing, homophobic UKIP are doing well down there for you.

I actually believe in a united Europe and an independent Scotland so I don't think my views would go down well with UKIP.

I guess that makes you the ignorant one (which everybody knows). Still, I have to admire your head wand skills.

Bette Noir
St Pauli Fifer

I actually believe in a united Europe and an independent Scotland so I don't think my views would go down well with UKIP.

I guess that makes you the ignorant one (which everybody knows). Still, I have to admire your head wand skills.

Get him Bette,you won the 1st round,now for the TKO.

It's not nice mocking the afflicted but I'll make an exception for SPF.

St Pauli Fifer

UKip are not right wing enough for Betty. The BNP is more his style.

Mad Man is SPF?????

Actually, that does make sense come to think of it.

Mad Man
St Pauli Fifer

UKip are not right wing enough for Betty. The BNP is more his style.

Jee guru jer it a ra tong kumong.

Thank you Kim. Did I tell you that you look like Psy? Sorry; Psy looks like you.

Bette Noir
Mad Man is SPF?????

Clutching at Straws bette.

SPF is not Mad Man nor is he Fan eh.
3 different people who still think you're a racist.

Bette Noir
St Pauli Fifer

So why did you get banned for your racist and constant homophobic posts?

AFTN is extremely tolerant, so how, exactly, did you manage to get banned? Quite a feat.

Why did you choose the book which gave you your handle? It's quite simple, and if you've nothing to hide...

Fan eh
Bette Noir
Mad Man is SPF?????

Dangerous statement calling someone a racist.

Any chance we could park this nonsense for a bit.

It disappointing that discussions that start out with differing views about east fife become personal and insulting.

Noisy crossbar
Fan eh
Bette Noir
Mad Man is SPF?????

Dangerous statement calling someone a racist.

Any chance we could park this nonsense for a bit.

It disappointing that discussions that start out with differing views about east fife become personal and insulting.

Actually, if you check it out, most of SPF's posts are of an accusing/insulting nature to others who have dared to disagree with him, or are positive about the club? Pity, because he also posts some good info now and again, but he is too obsessed with board unfortunately.

St Pauli Fifer
Bette Noir
St Pauli Fifer

So why did you get banned for your racist and constant homophobic posts?

AFTN is extremely tolerant, so how, exactly, did you manage to get banned? Quite a feat.

Why did you choose the book which gave you your handle? It's quite simple, and if you've nothing to hide...

You call me a racist and I've invited you on several occasions to back up your statement with examples of when I have made 'racist' statements on this site. You have not done so and I think that Noisy Crossbar is suggesting that to constantly make vacuous statements of that nature may be tantamount to libel (defamation of character in a permanent form). You are fairly liberal with the term 'racist' but I don't think you even know what it means. Perhaps you could describe to us what your 'take' is on the phrase (that should be amusing). For homophobia, ditto.

It is with a sense of irony that I deal with your next post, AFTN is probably tolerant but you are not. Anyone that doesn't agree with you or something that you don't like is not subject to discussion but a torrent of personal abuse.You are the last person in Fife (or anywhere for that matter) to be considered 'tolerant'.

As for site names, perhaps you could tell us why you align yourself to a football team with a reputation for violent supporters?

On to more important things - East Fife's Second Division Survival. If I could be at the game today I would without any hesitation but I cannot afford to go. You on the other hand won't shift your lazy lardy arse to go down and give support to a football team you claim to follow.

You align yourself after another football team - perhaps you could devote your time on their website?

Bette Noir

You call me a racist and I've invited you on several occasions to back up your statement with examples of when I have made 'racist' statements on this site.

I said you got banned for racist and constant homophobic posts. Why did you get banned, remind us ?
Bette Noir

You have not done so and I think that Noisy Crossbar is suggesting that to constantly make vacuous statements of that nature may be tantamount to libel (defamation of character in a permanent form). You are fairly liberal with the term 'racist' but I don't think you even know what it means. Perhaps you could describe to us what your 'take' is on the phrase (that should be amusing). For homophobia, ditto.

You're obsessed with race (see below) and you almost always put down Rovers and Cowden fans by questioning their sexuality (that's a reason why you were banned). A few weeks ago you replied to one of my posts with 'Iron.' then you deleted it moments later. Why did you call me an Iron, what does the term mean, and why did you choose to delete it ?

Bette Noir

It is with a sense of irony that I deal with your next post, AFTN is probably tolerant but you are not. Anyone that doesn't agree with you or something that you don't like is not subject to discussion but a torrent of personal abuse.You are the last person in Fife (or anywhere for that matter) to be considered 'tolerant'.

Where's my personal abuse ?

Here's yours (one example of many)....

Bette Noir
YOU PATHETIC SQUIRMING LITTLE WORM.

Bette Noir

As for site names, perhaps you could tell us why you align yourself to a football team with a reputation for violent supporters?

I don't align myself with anyone. My handle is St Pauli Fifer, as at the time of adopting it, I was a Fifer, living in the St Pauli district of Hamburg. Yes, I am fond of FC St Pauli and their anti-racsim, anti-fascism and anti-nazi stance.

So, that explains my username. So, over to you, why did you choose the book which gave you your handle? It's quite simple, and if you've nothing to hide...

Bette Noir

On to more important things - East Fife's Second Division Survival. If I could be at the game today I would without any hesitation but I cannot afford to go. You on the other hand won't shift your lazy lardy arse to go down and give support to a football team you claim to follow.

You need me to go into all the reasons why I don't attend – yet again ? Why I've jacked it in after nearly 30 years and why the Club is dying, and it's the unthinkable situation for some to prefer not to go as opposed to go and suffer watching the demise of EFFC by those who run/own the Club ?

Bette Noir

You align yourself after another football team - perhaps you could devote your time on their website?

I'm only back on here as you brought me into it, on this thread, just as you brought me into the previous one. I haven't posted for ages, yet you force me back on. You tell me why you keep bringing me into threads ?

Ps, here's a wee selection from your warped mind (not even the stuff that got you banned), you'll tell us more about the particular posts that got you banned...

Exile
Absolutely right. Franco should be tortured to death for this appalling crime. His family should be dragged out by a lynch mob and murdered. His parents hung for producing such an evil, wicked individual.

He should realise by now that there are Designated Superior Humans in the United Kingdom that we must worship and doff our hats to. Just to remind you of the ruling order in New Labour's Britain:

1 muslims/New Labour Party Members
2 africans
3 asians
4 gays
5 lesbians
6 transvestites
7 women (Guardian readers)
8 women (the rest)
9 Foxes
10 Other Animals
11 Insects
12 Germs
13 Inanimate objects
14 corpses
15 white european males

Franco, like most of us, is a 15th class citizen under New Labour's regime and should be hung drawn and quartered for this most evil crime. It's not as if he had done anything trivial like rape gang rape a school of infants or committed mass murder and it is only right that he be treated like this.

Edinburgh EFFC should protest by sitting on the Heart of Midlothian or more symbolically, atop Edinburgh's Disgrace, and put a tyre over his head, douse himself in petrol before setting himslelf alight. Maybe some East Fife fans should set up suicide pacts in order to try and make amends for one of the most wickedest incidents ever to have happened in Fife. Women should beat their breasts in anguish and only pray that The Mighty Tade will think of forgiving us this most evil crime.

What more can be done to appease our new master?

“What more can be done to appease our new master?” What did you mean here? Who is the master you referred to ?

On Keys and Gray getting the boot for sexism...

Filthy McNasty
Greetings from sunny Naage.

Another victory for the pathetic left wing thought-control stalinists I see.

These liberal lefties should be taken out and shot.

Hahahahahaha !!! “ so-called bearded warriors” “the sons and daughters of jihad didn't look so brave.” “ the sons and daughters of mohammed”

Exile
Nothing to do with football but I thought I would share with you what really happened yesterday.

After the march past by the Anglian Regiment and the dogs' abuse from the sons and daughters of islam, the local townsfolk, men and women of all ages, were so incensed and angry that they turned on the protesters. They were going to lynch the so-called bearded warriors and if it wasn't for a ring of New Labour Stazi protecting them, they would've been pulverised. All of a sudden, the sons and daughters of jihad didn't look so brave.

I have never seen what I would call 'normally placid' ordinary people so angry (and I didn't realise the English had it in them to be honest). I think the sons and daughters of mohammed were probably just as shocked - they are, after all, used to doing and saying what the hell they like with impunity (and with the blessing of the New Labour establishment).

Of course the Biased Brodcasting Corporation showed only the protesters with their banners followed by the shot of them walking away, nothing in between -Stalinist c*nts.

Here you are telling the board how there's nothing wrong with/defending the use of the term, 'black b*****d'
http://pub10.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=849684916&frmid=8&msgid=1210507&cmd=show

I think both of you guys need to get a grip, a couple of old men hiding behind their keyboards...

MiniFifer
I think both of you guys need to get a grip, a couple of old men hiding behind their keyboards...

Your not being ageist are you? SPF wont tolerate that.

So where is the 'racist' comments then lardy arse (aka St Pauli Fifer)?

Point out the racist comments underThe Race Relations Act lardy arse

Answer all my points, one by one. Are you capable?

Give it a fucking break and stop going over old ground. Both of you.

Only warning.

We've more important things to concern us and this thread started off with good intentions then went to shit.

If someone was banned and is now back, clearly I'm ok with that.

I propose an Old Firm Pish in here style thread a la Pie and Bovril so that every single thread does not get polluted with this tiresome pish.

How about My Big Fat/Lifes clearly not too short/Personal Abuse/Allegation/Identity Challenge thread. Sticky That!

Edit to add "Reasons I dont go to games anymore"

Sparky
I propose an Old Firm Pish in here style thread a la Pie and Bovril so that every single thread does not get polluted with this tiresome pish.

How about My Big Fat/Lifes clearly not too short/Personal Abuse/Allegation/Identity Challenge thread. Sticky That!

Edit to add "Reasons I dont go to games anymore"

Excellent idea Sparky! You could add "my hard earned cash" to the title as well, what do ye think?

That restricts the whole concept of free speech. Anyone who has made the decision to stop going to games should be entitled to explain endlessly why they don't go anymore,what is wrong with everything East Fife and why they will do or say nothing positive to help the situation e.g mound protest,banners,take over from the old b******s on the Trust Board etc.
This post was not encouraged by any trust members and is not necessarily directed at lonlies.

Not The Other Chairman
That restricts the whole concept of free speech. Anyone who has made the decision to stop going to games should be entitled to explain endlessly why they don't go anymore,what is wrong with everything East Fife and why they will do or say nothing positive to help the situation e.g mound protest,banners,take over from the old b******s on the Trust Board etc.
This post was not encouraged by any trust members and is not necessarily directed at lonlies.

Spot on NTOC , We really have nothing to be positive about at the moment, do we ? or maybe someone can tell me differently ? relegation seems certain in my eyes.

Saturday was a complete bummer but it is past and can't be changed. Some will be positive about our play-off chances and some will be negative but if we do go down I will look forward to next season as a new start with who knows what changes - new players ? new Manager ? new owners ? (maybe going a bit far.

Not The Other Chairman

It actually gives them a separate and dedicated platform to tell us why they have stopped going to games, tell us that the best thing for East Fife is to let them all in for nothing, to tell everybody else to protest against whatever (instead of having the bottle to do it themselves) and how much they have saved of their hard-earned cash, as well as who is being accused of being somebody else or a director, call people who they struggle to put up a coherent debate with, a fud. Etc, etc....

The other great thing is that it would be a lot easier for the moderators to check just how many of them there really are! Assuming certain moderators aren't one of them of course?

BALDY MEN COMB THREAD FOR MOST OF THIS PISH

Can't speak for my bitch but I have a full head of hair.

Pity yev no got a full head eh.!