Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Line ups and Updates

Antel, Durie, Campbell, White, Johnstone, Barr, Muir, Willis, McBride, Samuel Wardlaw.

Brown, Smith, Mcmanus, McCormack, Gormley

Re: Line ups and Updates

stranraer one up malcolm 4mins

stenny equaliser 1-1 gemmell 22mins

Stranraer winning at the half. Obviously fired up.

Wonder what the crowd is like at Bayview. Both in terms of numbers and support.

This is torture NOT being at the game! Just read the commentary on the SFL website and it makes us sound like we are having a go and doing the attacking. Hope thats true...cmon a goal from the Fife and just one more from Stenny

1-0 down mckenna 70 mins

You's are going down , you's are going down, the shite from fife

Obviously that T stands for twat.

Berwick here we come by the looks of it. Seeing as how they only lost 1-0 at Ibrox the day and have always been up for games with us in the past, going to be very very tough.

Dunfy now fallen into relegation playoffs too.

That's going to be a pisser for those in our Division looking to go up.

2=0 down brown 80mins

I was thinking Tosser or Tit myself. We'll take Berwick! C u on here then. Gnite all. All over Red Rover..?

0-3 brown 83 mins

Shite, just fucking shite. We are going down, that is it, no doubt about it now. Congrats to Stranraer...did what they had to do. Hope the players take a good look at themselves after that.

Well it wasn't about today as dismal as it was. It was about the 1 win in 16 games prior to that.

This once proud club are a shambles, on and off the park.

The diehards didnae take long tae get onto their keyboards, eh!

Jeez!
The diehards didnae take long tae get onto their keyboards, eh!

Was that quote aimed at me?

first goal was always going to be crucial,we huffed and puffed and had the bulk of possesion,but didnt really threaten.We had to go for it and going 3 at the back left us open to the counter,and brechin picked us of.Hope big div and whytie kiss and make up in the dressing room.Wouldnt be east fife if we didnt do things the hard way.Ill be at berwick on wednesday,wont be easy but im sure the lads will give it their all.Thing is with stranraer winning it didnt matter.Brechin a decent team,and im sure they are better than any team we will face in the play offs,

fan67
first goal was always going to be crucial,we huffed and puffed and had the bulk of possesion,but didnt really threaten.We had to go for it and going 3 at the back left us open to the counter,and brechin picked us of.Hope big div and whytie kiss and make up in the dressing room.Wouldnt be east fife if we didnt do things the hard way.Ill be at berwick on wednesday,wont be easy but im sure the lads will give it their all.Thing is with stranraer winning it didnt matter.Brechin a decent team,and im sure they are better than any team we will face in the play offs,

Wish I was as optimistic as you. I will also be down at Berwick,but really am fearing the worst!

A Brechin City supporter writes on Pie & Bovril -

When I saw the team lineup I was a bit surprised. Ray not only rested some of the squad, he had some guys playing out of position, so I was kinda worried about the result.