Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Message for the Board

Now is the time to cut admission prices for the game next Saturday in the playoffs. Make an announcement this weekend and get it advertised everywhere including the East Fife Mail on Wednesday.
The club are already sure to get a decent income from at least one more match (as season ticket holders will now have to pay).
If we are to get out the playoffs we need as big a crowd as possible, so come on Sid and the rest...do the right thing.
Whilst you are at it...how about also funding the bus for the away game(s)? Perhaps thats pushing it, but certainly do something for the match at Bayview.

Re: Message for the Board

I very much doubt any of that will happen.

you know it makes sense
Now is the time to cut admission prices for the game next Saturday in the playoffs. Make an announcement this weekend and get it advertised everywhere including the East Fife Mail on Wednesday.
The club are already sure to get a decent income from at least one more match (as season ticket holders will now have to pay).
If we are to get out the playoffs we need as big a crowd as possible, so come on Sid and the rest...do the right thing.
Whilst you are at it...how about also funding the bus for the away game(s)? Perhaps thats pushing it, but certainly do something for the match at Bayview.

I agree with the sentiments but this isn't the game to discount. I'd rather the board keep it full price, bring in as much money as possible and put the money raised towards next seasons player budget.

Discounts are probably best applied to a groupsave type ticket or 4 for 3 type tickets for next season.

Noisy crossbar
I agree with the sentiments but this isn't the game to discount. I'd rather the board keep it full price, bring in as much money as possible and put the money raised towards next seasons player budget.

Discounts are probably best applied to a groupsave type ticket or 4 for 3 type tickets for next season.

Hearts cut their prices today and pulled in a remarkable crowd of 16,000 who roared as their team went on to win 3-0.
East Fife did nothing, just hoped people came along. Just like they did nothing when Brechin humped us the last time, and said there would be "no knee jerk reaction". Well, today is what you get Sid, with your I'm-bigger-than-that bold declarations. You get more of the same shit and you keep going in the direction you were always headed.
"No knee jerk reaction". That's so stupid it's hard to believe our supporters let him get away with it. One win in four months. If you do nothing, then nothing will change. Look where it got us.

fan
Noisy crossbar

Hearts cut their prices today and pulled in a remarkable crowd of 16,000 who roared as their team went on to win 3-0.
East Fife did nothing, just hoped people came along. Just like they did nothing when Brechin humped us the last time, and said there would be "no knee jerk reaction". Well, today is what you get Sid, with your I'm-bigger-than-that bold declarations. You get more of the same shit and you keep going in the direction you were always headed.
"No knee jerk reaction". That's so stupid it's hard to believe our supporters let him get away with it. One win in four months. If you do nothing, then nothing will change. Look where it got us.

There were 750 at today's game and we got beat. There were 500 against Alloa and we won. That doesn't compute with getting more fans in, we will win now does it? You didn't go today according to another thread, so it must have been because there was no reduction in the ticket prices, correct? Strange why a fan of 40 years made that choice when his team needed every fan (and had a chance to avoid the play-offs after two good performances), as you are trying to say above?? You sound awfully like a certain Mr SPF you know!

Jeez!
There were 750 at today's game and we got beat. There were 500 against Alloa and we won. That doesn't compute with getting more fans in, we will win now does it? You didn't go today according to another thread, so it must have been because there was no reduction in the ticket prices, correct? Strange why a fan of 40 years made that choice when his team needed every fan (and had a chance to avoid the play-offs after two good performances), as you are trying to say above?? You sound awfully like a certain Mr SPF you know!

No, I'm not SPF, but I probably feel the same way as him about things like this.
Just about everything you post on this forum is alien to me. You can see nothing wrong at East Fife, and you attack anyone who criticises the club's direction. When it is all going badly wrong, you want nothing to change. We haven't heard a single suggestion from you that would be an alternative to the way the current board of directors 'operates' (readers can draw own conclusions at this point).
The only way I can make sense of this is to use it as confirmation that the club I have followed, and the club that exists today, are two very different things. The lowly, unambitious and lifeless East Fife that you are content with is not one I would have been attracted to all those years ago.

fan
Jeez!

No, I'm not SPF, but I probably feel the same way as him about things like this.
Just about everything you post on this forum is alien to me. You can see nothing wrong at East Fife, and you attack anyone who criticises the club's direction. When it is all going badly wrong, you want nothing to change. We haven't heard a single suggestion from you that would be an alternative to the way the current board of directors 'operates' (readers can draw own conclusions at this point).
The only way I can make sense of this is to use it as confirmation that the club I have followed, and the club that exists today, are two very different things. The lowly, unambitious and lifeless East Fife that you are content with is not one I would have been attracted to all those years ago.

Get a grip. We have had a bad run and you won't support your team because of that and that only. What are you proposing by the way? All I am reading in your posts is for others to do something. What would you do mate? How much money will you give to the cause? Not a lot, because all you can think of is to give less money to it. In fact, you are on the same bandwagon as a few others, who think that football teams can be run with less money available. Where would Man City be if they didn't have a very wealthy owner?

Cowden are still in the 1st for one reason only and that is the Pars have been deducted 15 points! If Ayr had 15 points deducted, we would still be in the 2nd and not having to face the play offs. Do you think that Alloa, Brechin and Forfar are getting an easier team to play in their play offs, because Cowden are so good to have avoided them?

I know we are not looking good right now, but I will still go to support East Fife. Otherwise, I give up on football altogether, because there is no way I will be supporting any other team. What will you do with regard to football, if you are stopping supporting East Fife? Next nearest team are along the road in Kirkcaldy, will you go there? The answer should be a big no, so what next, give up on football, or find another team? Or, why not just keep supporting the only team you really want to support and if you are not happy with the board, put your money where your mouth is and finance the reduced prices that you want? If you can't afford to do that, then you should not be expecting others to do it either! There were 750 inside Bayview on Saturday, so it was not lack of people at the game. We beat Alloa, a better side than Brechin, with only 500 at the game, so where is the logic, kindly explain?

Simply saying reduce prices is not the answer mate!

Let kids in for free.

Bette Noir
Let kids in for free.

I think after the money we've wasted this season watching dross we should all get in for free!

allan
Bette Noir
Let kids in for free.

I think after the money we've wasted this season watching dross we should all get in for free!

So you will go and watch dross (as you put it), as long as it is for free then? It's all about getting something for nothing eh and you'll be happy? How come am no surprised! That'll be to save some of your "hard-earned cash" I suppose?

Jeez!
So you will go and watch dross (as you put it), as long as it is for free then? It's all about getting something for nothing eh and you'll be happy? How come am no surprised! That'll be to save some of your "hard-earned cash" I suppose?

Jim, please stop this, your devisive posts, posted under whatever username you deem fit to use, on whatever particular day you are posting are doing nothing, absolutely nothing at all towards achieving the harmony you claim that this Club requires to function in a cohesive manner and to enable it to move forward!!!

And also, with your "I'm right, you're all wrong" style of denouement you are quite frankly comimg over as a bit of a fud!!!

Ralph Nader
Jeez!

Jim, please stop this, your devisive posts, posted under whatever username you deem fit to use, on whatever particular day you are posting are doing nothing, absolutely nothing at all towards achieving the harmony you claim that this Club requires to function in a cohesive manner and to enable it to move forward!!!

And also, with your "I'm right, you're all wrong" style of denouement you are quite frankly comimg over as a bit of a fud!!!

What are you on about? Are you saying achieving harmony is to criticise everything that is East Fife so we can all be pals on this forum? And what is this calling me Jim for? Care to elaborate SPF?

Oh my God, can we please give the "you're posting as this person" posts a rest. It's frighteningly boring and childish, get a grip people.

Jeez!
And what is this calling me Jim for?

I think it is generally accepted that most people are referred to by a particular name because it is their name.

Jeez!
Ralph Nader
Jeez!

What are you on about? Are you saying achieving harmony is to criticise everything that is East Fife so we can all be pals on this forum? And what is this calling me Jim for? Care to elaborate SPF?

You Really DO have a grudge against SPF , Don't you ? I am not him at all ! Only a fan with real concern about where we are going ?

supporter
Jeez!

I think it is generally accepted that most people are referred to by a particular name because it is their name.

So why are you calling me Jim then? Can you post my surname, just to make sure you have the right person, as you have made a mistake with my first name? Ta.

mr305
Jeez!
Ralph Nader
Jeez!

You Really DO have a grudge against SPF , Don't you ? I am not him at all ! Only a fan with real concern about where we are going ?

So are you mr305, or Ralph Nader? I didn't call you SPF you realise, I called Ralph Nader SPF. Slipped up there didn't you mate? Explain why you are calling me Jim, when you clearly do not have a scooby what my name is? You must think I am somebody else, so come on mr305/Ralph Nader and maybe SPF, out with it! I bet it is the same name as SPF is always on about, but has absolutely no bottle to post it and that is because he has no idea whatsoever either, what my name is.

Jeez!
mr305
Jeez!
Ralph Nader
Jeez!

So are you mr305, or Ralph Nader? I didn't call you SPF you realise, I called Ralph Nader SPF. Slipped up there didn't you mate? Explain why you are calling me Jim, when you clearly do not have a scooby what my name is? You must think I am somebody else, so come on mr305/Ralph Nader and maybe SPF, out with it! I bet it is the same name as SPF is always on about, but has absolutely no bottle to post it and that is because he has no idea whatsoever either, what my name is.

Jeez , you really need to get HELP

Jeez!
Explain why you are calling me Jim, when you clearly do not have a scooby what my name is? You must think I am somebody else, so come on mr305/Ralph Nader and maybe SPF, out with it! I bet it is the same name as SPF is always on about, but has absolutely no bottle to post it and that is because he has no idea whatsoever either, what my name is.

Is it Rumplestickskin?

Jeez!
supporter
Jeez!

So why are you calling me Jim then? Can you post my surname, just to make sure you have the right person, as you have made a mistake with my first name? Ta.

JIM,
if you spent as much time focusing in on the club like you should be doing as a Director, instead of talking shite on here, the club might not be in such a shambolic state.
Grow up mister. You`re far too old to be acting the twat on forums.

Fan no. 242
Jeez!
supporter
Jeez!

JIM,
if you spent as much time focusing in on the club like you should be doing as a Director, instead of talking shite on here, the club might not be in such a shambolic state.

JIM who? You guys are on something! Why do you stop short of the full name? Because you are shit scared, that's why. And of course, totally wrong!

Ye's are awfy brave when it comes to calling people twats and fuds behind a keyboard though, I'll give you that!

Keyboard warriors with SPF the leader.

Bette Noir

There you go again. Wow. You have severe issues.

Jeez!
Fan no. 242
Jeez!
supporter
Jeez!

JIM,

JIM who? You guys are on something! Why do you stop short of the full name? Because you are shit scared, that's why. And of course, totally wrong!

Ye's are awfy brave when it comes to calling people twats and fuds behind a keyboard though, I'll give you that!

Why you keep changing your username? Are you shit scared of something?

Jeez and Bette sitting in a tree
K.I.S.S.I.N.G

Quite sad and very amusing.

Mad Man
Jeez!
Fan no. 242
Jeez!
supporter
Jeez!

JIM,

BALDY MEN COMB THREAD FOR THIS PISH

St Pauli Fifer
Bette Noir

There you go again. Wow. You have severe issues.

Shut it bitch or I'll slap you.

Domestic violence too. Wow.

Mad Man
Jeez!
Fan no. 242
Jeez!
supporter
Jeez!

JIM,

Usernames are meaningless Madman (I hope so for your sake going by your regular choice like), but what is this Jim pish? Jim who?? It cannot be hard to finish the name by posting the surname, but as I keep saying nobody who suggests that Jim is my first name (totally wrong, I have to repeat), has got the bottle to post the imagined surname? Why the fear, if they are so certain? Can you explain Madman?