Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
John mcglynn

Was at bayview taking notes today.

Assessing the squad for next season???

Re: John mcglynn

Spying for Berwick Rangers no doubt.
Think he has a connection with them. (player, years ago)

Noisy crossbar

is he the replacement for brown? he was sacked at hearts and did a great job at the linos at getting them into the first...oh dear

Berwick on wednesday to face ex East Fife midfielder Neil Janczyk and muched travelled striker Stuart Noble

Greig McDonald for manager. He had more passion for the jersey than this lot put together.

Gladstone Fifer
Greig McDonald for manager. He had more passion for the jersey than this lot put together.

I would love to see the Legend that is Toro here as manager, but not just yet!!!

Think we have had a few too many "It's My First Job in Mansagement Types" at Bayview in the last few years, let Greig learen his trade and prove he's up to the job first, if he is then it's Win/Win!!!

We get Toro back and he gets to be where he wants to be as well!!!

If he proves not to be the Managerial type, then it happened else where and not at Bayview and his reputation remains untarnished, again it's Win/Win!!!

King Kebab
Gladstone Fifer

I would love to see the Legend that is Toro here as manager, but not just yet!!!

Think we have had a few too many "It's My First Job in Mansagement Types" at Bayview in the last few years, let Greig learen his trade and prove he's up to the job first, if he is then it's Win/Win!!!

We get Toro back and he gets to be where he wants to be as well!!!

If he proves not to be the Managerial type, then it happened else where and not at Bayview and his reputation remains untarnished, again it's Win/Win!!!

I really don't understand this perception that you need to be experienced to be a good manager? Look at Ian Murray, Paul Hartley, Jackie McNamara, Colin Cameron, Paul Sheerin, Steven Pressley, Steve Lomas, they have all done great at their clubs! young fresh managers with new ideas is definitely the way forward...

If and it's a big IF, the worst happens over the next week then I would appoint Greig(Preferably) or another young coach/ex professional looking to get into management within days/weeks, let him rebuild the squad over the summer and start over. Although it's never nice to see your team relegated perhaps it's for the best, Look at Alloa & QOTS after their recent relegations.

But what do I Know...

Andrew Miller
Although it's never nice to see your team relegated perhaps it's for the best

"It was a shame my entire extended family was wiped out in that horrific motorway catastrophe, leaving me as a homeless orphan. But perhaps it's for the best."

supporter
Andrew Miller

"It was a shame my entire extended family was wiped out in that horrific motorway catastrophe, leaving me as a homeless orphan. But perhaps it's for the best."

Aye these two sets of circumstances are exactly the same. Jesus wept.

supporter
Andrew Miller

What dah fuck?

Noisy crossbar

McGlynn hasn't had any connection with Berwick for over 30 years.
He's big neeburs with Billy Brown, Jim Jeffries and Colin Cameron therefore my guesses would be
1- He was note taking for East Fife, maybe to give a different perspective from the opposite side of the park.
2- He was spying on behalf of either the Pars or Cowden, in case either were to meet Brechin in the play-off final (obviously irrelevant to Cowden now, but wasn't at 3 o'clock on Saturday).
or 3- He was compiling a report as part of some coaching licence or qualification.

"He was note taking for East Fife, maybe to give a different perspective from the opposite side of the park."

Brian McNaughton is usually sitting in the stand watching from there...

Dysart Lino
Noisy crossbar

McGlynn hasn't had any connection with Berwick for over 30 years.
He's big neeburs with Billy Brown, Jim Jeffries and Colin Cameron therefore my guesses would be
1- He was note taking for East Fife, maybe to give a different perspective from the opposite side of the park.
2- He was spying on behalf of either the Pars or Cowden, in case either were to meet Brechin in the play-off final (obviously irrelevant to Cowden now, but wasn't at 3 o'clock on Saturday).
or 3- He was compiling a report as part of some coaching licence or qualification.

4. He was there for a good old laugh.

Or maybe he's one of the baldy men fighting over the comb!

Dysart Lino

He he

Dysart Lino

Iron

NACHO, NACHO NOVO, NACHO NOVO, NACHO NACHO NOVO!

to the tune of No Limits by 2unlimited