Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Play-Offs 1st Leg

Still 0-0 on teletext between east fife and berwick.

half time
Forfar 3 Dunfermline 0 < what a shock scoreline.
Brechin 0 Alloa 1
Queens Park 0 Peterhead 0

Cmon Fife!
Ps couldnt travel tonight to the game.

Re: Play-Offs 1st Leg

1-0 Div, get in

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS DAVID MUIR!!! YASSS 1-0 Cmon Fife!! woop woop!!

fag time now. phew Cmon!
I need to keep my nails for the second half like Qos again Lol

yaaasss. hopefully the boys can hold on or even add to it. cmon the fife

We are the EF the EFFC!!!!

Come on yooooo Fifers! Pissed off that I had no transport for the game.

Bette Noir
Come on yooooo Fifers! Pissed off that I had no transport for the game.

same here Bette but they are winning hopefully that gives us a advantage for saturday than having the pressure to win like saturday against brechin.

1-1.

Queens Park 0 Peterhead 1. Andy Rodgers pen
3-1 Forfar
2-0 Alloa

1-1 Lavery. berwick sub scored, players must be tired no subs used yet for the Fife.

ft 1=1

Cmon East Fife!
why do we do it the hard way? sub made on 88 mins. samuel for wardlaw didnt give the boy a chance with mins to go and they scored with fresh legs on the park ohwell back to bayview to get a result and then it will be a long trip t peterhead

would have taken draw before kick off so well done boys. hopefully do them at bayview on Saturday.
Peterhead on a great run at the moment though think that's 9 wins in a row so the winner of our tie will have to be at there best to beat them

Good result imo. All to play for on Sat. Mon the Fife.

Cambuslang Fifer
Cmon East Fife!
why do we do it the hard way? sub made on 88 mins. samuel for wardlaw didnt give the boy a chance with mins to go and they scored with fresh legs on the park ohwell back to bayview to get a result and then it will be a long trip t peterhead

The lack of substitutions was a bizarre one. We were crying out for a bit of stability in midfield as we were giving the ball away the whole second half but Smith and Sloan stay on the bench. And Wardlaw's given a few minutes to make a difference???

The scoreline's given us a fighting chance on Saturday but we will have to turn in a better performance than tonight. We were pretty lucky to escape with the draw by the end.

Good performance in the first half where we looked comfortably the better side. Berwick don't look anything special and the players we have should be beating them. They just to have a bit more confidence and keep things simple.

Bob Agg
Cambuslang Fifer
Cmon East Fife!

The lack of substitutions was a bizarre one. We were crying out for a bit of stability in midfield as we were giving the ball away the whole second half but Smith and Sloan stay on the bench. And Wardlaw's given a few minutes to make a difference???

The scoreline's given us a fighting chance on Saturday but we will have to turn in a better performance than tonight. We were pretty lucky to escape with the draw by the end.

Good performance in the first half where we looked comfortably the better side. Berwick don't look anything special and the players we have should be beating them. They just to have a bit more confidence and keep things simple.

They are clearly a team that play well at home with the downhill in the second half. Berwick will not fare so well on a level pitch.

Sums up our season and our faillings which have been picked up by most people on this website for monthsyet they never seem to get rectified.

Bob Agg
The lack of substitutions was a bizarre one. We were crying out for a bit of stability in midfield as we were giving the ball away the whole second half but Smith and Sloan stay on the bench.

Anyone else noticed that Darren Smith has been out of favour since he spoke to fans at the end of the Billy Brown meltdown match, and acknowledged that the supporters were entitled to be unhappy?

fan
Bob Agg
The lack of substitutions was a bizarre one. We were crying out for a bit of stability in midfield as we were giving the ball away the whole second half but Smith and Sloan stay on the bench.

Anyone else noticed that Darren Smith has been out of favour since he spoke to fans at the end of the Billy Brown meltdown match, and acknowledged that the supporters were entitled to be unhappy?

Yip. I also noticed he had an ice pack during that conversation having gone off injured.

topper
Sums up our season and our faillings which have been picked up by most people on this website for monthsyet they never seem to get rectified.

We.ll have to wait until the summer to rectify these problems I'm afraid.

The Berwick manager really showed last night how to make an impact with subs.
Thought the boy Lavery changed the game when he came on.

The thought crossed my head too.

A Trialist
The Berwick manager really showed last night how to make an impact with subs.
Thought the boy Lavery changed the game when he came on.

Agree I thought McBride or Samuel should have come off earlier than what Samuel did. Poor performance again in defence with Campbell , white having had a shocking 2nd half. Durie,McManus ,Johnston pass marks for me. We need to get the defence sorted for sat or wee will be torn apart.