Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Second Half Coming Up

Now that we’ve a creditable 1-1 draw away at Berwick it all depends on the second leg this Saturday.

We need as many fans along as possible to help us maintain our place in the second division.

The club has a couple of great offers to encourage you along.

First, we’ve reduced our prices to £10.00 for adults, £5.00 for concessions.

And we’ve a great hospitality deal on: come along for lunch before the match, entry to the game and half time refreshments for only £25.00 per head! (BTW £5.00 of that goes in VAT!) To book just call 01333 426323.

See you at Bayview this coming Saturday (11th May) KO 15.00.

C'mon The Fife!

Eugene

Re: Second Half Coming Up

The meal deal is a good offer.
By the way the VAT element is £4.17 not £5.00!!

VAT is 20% so 20% of £25 = £5 mmmmm I never took maths at school lol

Cazza

You add vat on at 20%, you don't take it off at 20%, Cazza - so sammy's right enough.

Try adding 20% onto £20.83 (that's £25 less £4.17) and see what happens.

KotS
Cazza

You add vat on at 20%, you don't take it off at 20%, Cazza - so sammy's right enough.

"Think of a number" thread for this pish

Johhny Ball
KotS
Cazza

Did you no' work for the BBC - Operation Yew Tree thread for this pish.

Sammy is correct to be a pedant about this. It is clearly another case of a person in authority at EFFC trying to hoodwink the fans. No wonder people get lonley.

Not The Other Chairman
Sammy is correct to be a pedant about this. It is clearly another case of a person in authority at EFFC trying to hoodwink the fans. No wonder people get lonley.

Personally, I think it is an outrage that the current trust chairman cannot spell lonely.

All the best on Saturday, really hope yous stay up, league could be massive financially for you with Sevco and possibly the PARS in it next year, but you dont need me to remind you of that. Good luck anyway for Saturday and also the final ;-)

Raith Raver
All the best on Saturday, really hope yous stay up, league could be massive financially for you with Sevco and possibly the PARS in it next year, but you dont need me to remind you of that. Good luck anyway for Saturday and also the final ;-)

It has crossed our minds, you could say. To secure this, we only had to win three games in four months. Instead, we only managed one. That record is unbelievable, but the worst part was the gormless board of directors' inability to prevent this happening, or even to acknowledge we were in trouble.
"There will be no knee jerk reaction here," said Sid Collumbine after a desperate 6-0 defeat extended our run without a win to three months. We were crying out for a knee jerk reaction to give us a chance of avoiding the play-offs.
And what would have been the worse thing that could have happened to us if the board had brought in a new manager at that stage? The play-offs. Oh, wait a minute, we ended up there anyway. Fucking idiots.

I will be there in full voice. Come on the Fife

The only way to gain results is by backing the team 110%

Also does anyone know if Stevie Crawford will be playing on saturday?

supporter
Raith Raver

It has crossed our minds, you could say. To secure this, we only had to win three games in four months. Instead, we only managed one. That record is unbelievable, but the worst part was the gormless board of directors' inability to prevent this happening, or even to acknowledge we were in trouble.
"There will be no knee jerk reaction here," said Sid Collumbine after a desperate 6-0 defeat extended our run without a win to three months. We were crying out for a knee jerk reaction to give us a chance of avoiding the play-offs.
And what would have been the worse thing that could have happened to us if the board had brought in a new manager at that stage? The play-offs. Oh, wait a minute, we ended up there anyway. Fucking idiots.

supporter
Raith Raver

Supporter my arse.

Fifer
Supporter my arse.

I don't mind being called an arse. Thanks for reading my post.

maT
Not The Other Chairman

Personally, I think it is an outrage that the current Trust chairman cannot spell lonely.

maT
I think you and supporter are the same person. Yet another unprovoked attack on the ageing Trust Chairman and,I suspect, all part of your clever coup d'etat.
Liked your eloquent attack on the EFFC board. Are you maybe even going for a double takeover?
Anyway maT try anything like that again and your son will be out of a job !

Hopefully good crowd on Saturday to cheer the team on. The people who really care about East Fife will attend. Mon the Fife.

DPH
Hopefully good crowd on Saturday to cheer the team on. The people who really care about East Fife will attend. Mon the Fife.

Yes, the real fans. We don't want any unreal fans round these parts. Keep the master race pure.

Sorry Fifer but what does he actually say that means he is not a supporter? At first he states a fact, then he is clearly upset that his/our team are relagation candits. Nothing wrong with that? Shows he cares. At the end of the day what he said about Sid has been proven true, we should have changed it after the Brechin game. Hope this post doesnt mean im not as big a supporter as you, i am a season ticket holder and have been for the past 3 seasons.

C'mon Craigy, you know the drill. You can only really care if you go to all the games, accept the dross served up on the park, don't criticise the manager or directors, don't have an opinion on anything (unless it's apologising for said board, manager or dross on pitch) and are actually Fifer, EF Supporter, Jocky, Jeez! or whatever else he is calling himself today.

Cue the outrage.........

Raith Raver

This is the real reason that football is dead. The end of the derby. The end of the rivalry.

I am hoping that Saturday is your last game of the season.

Jonathan
Raith Raver

This is the real reason that football is dead. The end of the derby. The end of the rivalry.

I am hoping that Saturday is your last game of the season.

Well if you lot became really crap and dropped a division or two then that would help.

Hoping you hams can win tomorrow giving me that opportunity to see you thrashed by Peterhead next Wednesday.

Now 25 years and counting since you last beat us in a competitive match.

Is there a worse derby record in Britain?

missed you,ya prick.NOT

Levenmouth Rover
Hoping you hams can win tomorrow giving me that opportunity to see you thrashed by Peterhead next Wednesday.

Aren`t you banned you annoying tosser? I even know people that know who you are and they all say the same......bit of a twat. 4-1 Methil boy.

Levenmouth Rover

wowsers! good to have you back LR.

Do away goals count double in the play off?

F1 FER
Do away goals count double in the play off?

Yes and headed goals count triple so we're actually 3-1 up..

KotS
Johhny Ball
KotS
Cazza

Did you no' work for the BBC - Operation Yew Tree thread for this pish. [/quo

No I didnt. Im not actually Johnny Ball , just a lonely director looking for online thrills. Cheers x

COME ON THE FIFE.

Bayview bound, Mon the Fife..