Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Not jumping the gun but...

... having been advised last week that if we reached the play-off final we would be at home for the second leg i.e Sunday 19th May I checked the SFL website to find that if we win tomorrow then we are at home on Wednesday night & away on Sunday! Bummer!

Re: Not jumping the gun but...

That's a big change from the usual format. I'm 99% certain the 'higher league' team has always had home advantage for the 2nd leg.
Albion Rovers stayed up last year in the play-offs by beating Stranraer on penalties at Cliftonhill.
Anyway to matters more serious:
1- Is there a bar at New Bayview that is open to non-members?
2- Are bairns allowed in?
3- And most importantly, does it have Guinness on draught?

Dysart Lino
That's a big change from the usual format. I'm 99% certain the 'higher league' team has always had home advantage for the 2nd leg.
Albion Rovers stayed up last year in the play-offs by beating Stranraer on penalties at Cliftonhill.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

Dysart Lino

You should be right the next 99 times then. The SFL draw lots to decide this each season.

Liam Anderson
... having been advised last week that if we reached the play-off final we would be at home for the second leg i.e Sunday 19th May I checked the SFL website to find that if we win tomorrow then we are at home on Wednesday night & away on Sunday! Bummer!

Cheers Liam for the information,that is a bummer! That format has changed, i do not know on what basis that can happen. If fife play Peterhead they both were away 1st leg. Its always been the team from the higher div who played at home 2nd leg. If the team from the lower div beat them then they get home game 2nd leg.
Mind you last weekend proved being at home is not always the advantage the fans hope for!! Burton,Cheltenham,Bolton,Forest,Watford etc are proof to that.

Jimbob
Dysart Lino

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

4. Should Linos be in fear of their own safety?

The Guinness isn't on draught. It is the type which gets poured flat out a tin then fizzed up on the machine, before settling.

The season started at Peterhead, so it would be full circle if we were to end it there too.

Will we see a fully fit Scott Dalzell tomorrow?

Ritchie
The Guinness isn't on draught. It is the type which gets poured flat out a tin then fizzed up on the machine, before settling.

The season started at Peterhead, so it would be full circle if we were to end it there too.

Will we see a fully fit Scott Dalzell tomorrow?

The season ended at Elgin

Berwick have 2 centre backs out today. One is suspended and the other is away to Spain for the weekend.

Gladstone Fifer: What made you think it was always the winners of the higher league tie at home in 2nd leg of final?

Playoff Format, Item 2, 2nd & 3rd last sentences: "The winners of the two ties will play off on a home and away knock-out basis. The home team in the first tie will be determined by the drawing of lots."

The draw from 2011.

The draw for this year.

Does anyone know anything about the draw for the home teams in the playoff final? Was it made in public?

prodigal son
Gladstone Fifer: What made you think it was always the winners of the higher league tie at home in 2nd leg of final?

Playoff Format, Item 2, 2nd & 3rd last sentences: "The winners of the two ties will play off on a home and away knock-out basis. The home team in the first tie will be determined by the drawing of lots."

The draw from 2011.

The draw for this year.

Does anyone know anything about the draw for the home teams in the playoff final? Was it made in public?
News to me i always thought the higher league team played home in both games 2nd leg. if they get beat then that team takes the priority. Never heard of any draw any year. this must be a new thing this season. We beat Stranraer 2007 and we were away we then got 2nd leg home advantage as we had beat them. i have never heard of a draw for the play offs that has been the format for years