Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Buses to Peterhead

With the second leg being on Sunday up at Peterhead, any chance that the club can put on a couple of buses to get fans to the game? No train access and with it being a Sunday, public transport will be rubbish anyway.
Come on board, help East Fife to get a decent support up there. This coming week is the most significant for years and the outcome is going to have a huge impact on the club, expecially financially.

Re: Buses to Peterhead

Totally agree with this. Public transport is out of the question for this game. Normally you would have to get a train to Aberdeen and then a bus from Aberdeen to Peterhead which would take well over an hour. Doubt there's much chance of being able to do that on a Sunday.
If East Fife want any sort of support, they should help the fans by subsidising buses.

bump

Why not get the 1938 travel club bus ? They run buses to every away game ... It's not expensive and all are made welcome

Not sure if there is a 1938 bus going, as Zak is on holiday?

Train to Aberdeen as little as £23 of booked as two singles & regular buses on a Sunday from union square to Peterhead!

Andrew Miller
Train to Aberdeen as little as £23 of booked as two singles & regular buses on a Sunday from union square to Peterhead!

£15.00 return on the 1938 travel club bus.

The bus is now full

zak
The bus is now full

would the 1938 club run another bus if there is enough demand Zac?

No only the one bus.

What a joke one bus to Peterhead ..... Great support we will take .... Not

Put me and the wife down for the bus you are organising Archie

Archie

We have struggled to fill a bus all season,and I do not see any need for another ,if anyone wants to run a bus they are welcome cost of the bus is £550 paid up front so if you have that kind of money go ahead .

Archie

Archie, can I have 2 seats for your bus please. Cheers.

It's not Zak I'm getting on at its the club ..... Can't even organise a bus for the supporters

I honestly can't believe the club are not putting on buses! We got an unexpected windfall of over 100k fi the newco game, surely they can put on a bus or 2! We need as many fans up their as possible yet the board sit back and do nowt, shame on them6

Not to mention the unexpected income from 2 well attended playoff games.

It would appear the board don't think we're worth the bus fare.

Guys, do you really expect the current bunch of incompetent so called directors to organise a bus to get as much supporters to the game as possible when they are struggling to pay for a bus to take the players up.

This bunch of clueless fools aren`t interested in the club staying in division 2 next season, as most of them won`t be here.

True
Guys, do you really expect the current bunch of incompetent so called directors to organise a bus to get as much supporters to the game as possible when they are struggling to pay for a bus to take the players up.

This bunch of clueless fools aren`t interested in the club staying in division 2 next season, as most of them won`t be here.

The most important game of the season and it looks like the club could not care less about having a decent support on Sunday.
Not all of us have cars and are able to drive there and public transport on a Sunday is limited.
All we ask is the Club arrange transport and we the supporters will gladly pay the going rate.

The fact that they can't even subsidise a couple of buses is ridiculous! Just goes to show what they think about the fans, either that the clubs finances are not as Rosie as they make out. Makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes. Huge game on Sunday and it looks like many are unable to attend due to lack of transport! Shambolic
For

Agree - would love to go but can't afford the cost of transport, a decent hotel, lunch, dinner and fine wine during and after the match - shocking the club won't help us support the team by providing for this....

The current board have sponsored buses in the past. It is quite short notice this time around but to be quite frank the amount of abusive language and derogatory posts on here don't help to build bridges between the board and the supporters. I've often found it productive to deal in a polite manner with those I wish to act in partnership with in life.
I agree that it would be great if the club could subsidise a couple of buses.

For everyone slating the board ,the truth is they all had to dig deep to pay the players during the extra two weeks of the season. The players were only under contract to the end of the season. I really hope that we pull this of at the weekend and we can put this season behind us and unite as a club and all pull in one direction. It costs a hell of a lot of money to run a football club and its usually the guys on the board who come up with the goods so credit where its due. However £500 for a bus would be a small sum to pay, because going down to division 3 will cost a lot more. However I am optimistic we can do it as Peterhead have had 2 shots to beat us and failed twice.LETS BELIEVE

DPH
The fact that they can't even subsidise a couple of buses is ridiculous! Just goes to show what they think about the fans, either that the clubs finances are not as Rosie as they make out. Makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes. Huge game on Sunday and it looks like many are unable to attend due to lack of transport! Shambolic
For

Don't you read the papers - Sid stated that the Rangers money is all gone on keeping the club afloat this season and the directors have been putting their own money into the club to keep things going. Why should the club put on free or subsidised buses for the boo boys and part time supporters when the 1938 travel club has struggled to fill a bus all season. We have a perfectly good away support as it is and we manage to out sing the home support at most grounds we go to.

Zak does an excellent job getting a bus to all away games and can understand why he isnt putting another one on. However i think this is where the supporters club should step in. Im sure even at this late notic there would still be enough demand for another bus.

Travelling Fan Eh
DPH
For

Don't you read the papers - Sid stated that the Rangers money is all gone on keeping the club afloat this season and the directors have been putting their own money into the club to keep things going. Why should the club put on free or subsidised buses for the boo boys and part time supporters when the 1938 travel club has struggled to fill a bus all season. We have a perfectly good away support as it is and we manage to out sing the home support at most grounds we go to.

Utter garbage!!! Let`s all believe what Sid say`s in the papers eh? I can assure you that there is still £100k left from the Rangers game.

Your comment about filling another bus with part time supporters and boo boys was uncalled for. This was a time to get as much supporters as possible to the game and quite a lot of people are unable to get there due to costs and difficulty with public transport. Anyway, isn`t it quite normal for a football club to take more supporters due to the importance of a game?

Methinks there's nothing normal about the way we're run. Look around you at other clubs.

Utter garbage!!! Let`s all believe what Sid say`s in the papers eh? I can assure you that there is still £100k left from the Rangers game.

Your comment about filling another bus with part time supporters and boo boys was uncalled for. This was a time to get as much supporters as possible to the game and quite a lot of people are unable to get there due to costs and difficulty with public transport. Anyway, isn`t it quite normal for a football club to take more supporters due to the importance of a game?
[/quote]

Are you the clubs accountant that you can assure us the Rangers money has not been spent? The away support has not been large this season but we still manage to encourage the team. The Queen of the South game was one of the most important games of the season and the 80 odd fans who went managed to out sing the 2000+ QOS fans so why do we need more buses for the Peterhead game when there is no demand for them.

TFE, you can't be serious about the lack of demand... It is clear to see here on AFTN that there are plenty people who would be interested in another bus. Others who are planning on taking cars would also consider taking the bus too im sure! £15 is a lot less than you'd pay on petrol up to Peterhead and back!! This is one of the biggest games in years, we need all the support we can get there! Surely our clueless board can see more fans will only benefit our chances of staying up!

Travelling Fan Eh

Are you the clubs accountant that you can assure us the Rangers money has not been spent? The away support has not been large this season but we still manage to encourage the team. The Queen of the South game was one of the most important games of the season and the 80 odd fans who went managed to out sing the 2000+ QOS fans so why do we need more buses for the Peterhead game when there is no demand for them.[/quote]

In your last sentence you say 'why do we need more buses for the Peterhead game when there is no demand for them'
You say you read the papers? Im presuming that means you can read? Im presuming that means you have been reading this whole thread? Forgive me if im wrong but i think that there is more than enough demand to fill another bus. Read most of the posts on this thread and im sure you will agree

Fan
Travelling Fan Eh

Are you the clubs accountant that you can assure us the Rangers money has not been spent? The away support has not been large this season but we still manage to encourage the team. The Queen of the South game was one of the most important games of the season and the 80 odd fans who went managed to out sing the 2000+ QOS fans so why do we need more buses for the Peterhead game when there is no demand for them.

In your last sentence you say 'why do we need more buses for the Peterhead game when there is no demand for them'
You say you read the papers? Im presuming that means you can read? Im presuming that means you have been reading this whole thread? Forgive me if im wrong but i think that there is more than enough demand to fill another bus. Read most of the posts on this thread and im sure you will agree [/quote]

I can take it you cannot count as there is only 32 posts in which a few names are repeated.

I cannot see a demand for another bus ,There is only
moaning about the board not putting on another bus or buses,I have not been in undated with calls or emails for seats on the bus so I do not see need for another bus,count the posts on this thread and see how many there is wanting seats is at least 40 which you would need to cover a bus to Peterhead £550,and make sure that they all turn up which they wont,why should the club pay for supporters who only want freebies.so stop moaning because you don't want to pay or are too late to get on my bus,
By the way when we stay up we will get all this again when we have Rangers to play ,well I can tell you all now there wont be a second bus against Rangers or anybody else next season so you can all start moaning now , my regulars this season are the only ones that are guarenteed a seat after all the the bother we had earlier this season about moaning about the Rangers game, so if you buy tickets for Ibrox make sure you can get there if the club goes ahead and sorts out buses they might as well run buses for all the games and see how they like losing £100-£150 per week without fund raising,and a there is lot time needed for fund raising, and some fund raising comes out of mine and Beckys and travelling club supporters pockets, we do not complain and we do it because we want to go and watch east fife,Me and Becky would be happy to let anyone else take over the running of the buses,the supporters club got the same grief when they run the bus as well and they stopped because it was losing money.So you can all stop moaning the Club will not run another bus I wont run another bus to Peterhead END OFF.

Our finances much have been a lot worse than made out if the cash from the newco game is needed to sustain the club. Anyway, Fuck the board, they clearly don't give a shit about the few hundred fans that's left. I'm taking car noo. Good luck to the team, we can do it and I hope plenty can make the journey North.

DPH
Our finances much have been a lot worse than made out if the cash from the newco game is needed to sustain the club. Anyway, Fuck the board, they clearly don't give a shit about the few hundred fans that's left. I'm taking car noo. Good luck to the team, we can do it and I hope plenty can make the journey North.

Where the fuck is the few hundred fans every other week when we can't fill a 49 seater,they take their cars or don't go so shut the fuck up take your car and stop moaning like an old woman

zak
DPH

Where the fuck is the few hundred fans every other week when we can't fill a 49 seater,they take their cars or don't go so shut the fuck up take your car and stop moaning like an old woman

Well said Zak. Where were all these people when we went to Peterhead at the start of the season ? Four buses to Ibrox then hardly anyone for the next away game. Zak, keep up the good work.

Zak..........WE LOVE YOU!!!

Zak has applied to the Trust for the vacant position in Recruitment and customer relations at the Trust. During his interview he said he knew how to communicate with lonlies.

Talking of buses and keep this to yourself but I`m reliably informed that the winner and reigning champion of the "bring a dish" will be on the bus on Sunday. I wouldn`t mention it to him as he doesn`t like to talk about it.

Brilliant Zak.... The laddie can go and sit on his baws like a good dug now!

I`m sure the bring a dish winner was one of the moaner`s wanting a free bus.Cash all yer trophies in and pay yer way!PS,well said Zak,this thread was bugging the shit out of me!!

zak
DPH

True. I wasn't hoping for a free ride, I just thought wi the importance o the game the club would attempt to get as much support up there as possible. Anyway, nuff said, hope we can cheer the team on to victory and secure our place in. What could be a cracking div 2 next season.

I like the bus and I like Zak.
But I like Becky better.

Fadi the Fifer
But I like Becky better.

Does becky still love the boaby on a Saturday night Zak ?

New bayview
Fadi the Fifer
But I like Becky better.

Does becky still love the boaby on a Saturday night Zak ?

I herd she won a award on real radio and her next move is fash, as hector caught up wae her in peterheid.