Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
today v Berwick

Thought we deserved the win today with a battling performance, the team gave 100%, well done. Fife played the better fitba'. Must admit it was edge of the seat veiwing!
Don't want to be in the play offs, but exciting stuff. Hope all the players have recovered for Wednesday.

Re: today v Berwick

Check oot the official site, they have posted a pic of Lam celebrating.. Check oot the bench they are going radge! Brilliant!

BB must have had a calms pill before being interviewed.
Bit subdued after a good performance from the team, where to be honest we had the better of them and had them under pressure for large spells of the game. Delighted tonight!!!
Great pic tho.

That was my first visit to New Bayview since March 2009.
Thought the first half was a total non-event, but East Fife were certainly the better side in the 2nd. You made a lot of decent openings, but were let down in terms of decision making- passing when a shot was on and vice versa.
Extra time was fairly even and Antell made a great save a couple of minutes before the goal.
Samuel looked like a guy who still has a bit of class and guile, when he can be bothered, but Man of the Match for me was your left back- he got down the flank to support the forwards, tracked back well and won more than his share of tackles.
I had two years of watching Scott McBride at the Rovers, and still haven't seen him score!
Thought Berwick's penalty was soft- I actually thought the ref was going to book their player for diving, although I thought they had a half decent shout for one in the first period of extra time.
Finally, I have to say everyone, from the people working in the pie stand to the bar staff upstairs and the women who sold us our tickets at the entrance to the bars, were extremely friendly and polite, and a credit to your club.

A real gutsy performance from the boys today. Well done for not letting the heads drop when we went behind and fighting to the finish. Berwick are no mugs and were on a bit of a high after securing the play-off spot on the last day. We rode our luck a bit down at Shielfield but winning through the tie is a great achievement and I hope it gives the team a confidence boost going into the final.

Well done Billy Brown too. I've been a bit scpetical of his use of substitutes but he got it spot on today. Wardlaw made a big difference when he came on and it allowed Barr to go a bit wider where he's better. And Gormley casued problems with his pace and popped up to get the winner. Crefit where it's due.

Peterhead will be sterner opposition I think but we can do this. They're no better than Alloa or Queen of the South who we've taken 4 points off recently and played extremely well against. The same fight we showed today and we'll be right in this final.

It's been a long, hard season but let's finish it on a high note East Fife. Let's go out and show everyone what we're made of and that we're better than 9th place. I'm sure most folk will fancy Peterhead but we relegated them two years ago, let's go out there and keep them where we put them!

Over the season Peterhead beat Berwick twice one nil and two nil the other two games were drawn. Don't know if my nerves can take another 2 games like that. Peterhead have some quality and have been on a good run, however if we show the same grit and determination we wont be far away. Keep believing and lets get right behind the team. We were much better at the back today, big improvement from white after a poor display on Wednesday. The penalty own goal seems like the first break we have had in a long time. Billy Brown has some decisions to make as Gormley and wardlaw changed the game. Good position to be in for a change. Think the key to getting through this tie will be how well we defend against mcallister and rogers.

I thought the first half we had some chances and a penalty desision turn down by the ref when mcmanus appeared to be knocked down in the box and when they scored their penalty in the second half i feared the worst but we came back of a missed penalty of our own then some how mcmanus scored the re-bound to equalise for the fife! it was a tight game going into extra time and from somewhere bobby found gormley to tap the ball home, great sign of relief.
we need to be able to score on wednesday because peterhead will be packed and hard place to go to for us next weekend even though we won in peterhead at the start of the season 2-1 in the cup. Also i have noticed that they will be without Ryan Strachan so one player out for them but they still have guys like McAlister, rodgers, sharp and others that are dangerous and finished 2nd in the leauge below.
just a pity that the last game is at balmoor not bayview as it would be good for those non-east fife fans that would be there cheering on the fife! to walk on the park if we stay up and enjoy the moment of being a supporter of the club along with us. Roll on wednesday night! as peterhead is the only team now left to send us down but it is our chance to get the goals we need to stay up in both games

with gormley and wardlaw coming on they added fresh pair of legs upfront that made the difference...darren smith again still left in the dugout and over looked by BB but hey ho hes the manager of the team and McCormack is free from suspension too so full squad at the moment going into the final two games. Though they would need these couple of days to rest thats for sure so come on Fife!

fan67
Over the season Peterhead beat Berwick twice one nil and two nil the other two games were drawn. Don't know if my nerves can take another 2 games like that. Peterhead have some quality and have been on a good run, however if we show the same grit and determination we wont be far away. Keep believing and lets get right behind the team. We were much better at the back today, big improvement from white after a poor display on Wednesday. The penalty own goal seems like the first break we have had in a long time. Billy Brown has some decisions to make as Gormley and wardlaw changed the game. Good position to be in for

I don't think wardlaw was that great he done ok ,Gormley took his goal well but a bit lightweight when he went through on goal. I would bring wardlaw back in for Samuel because he has been poor since queens and keep Gormley for when the opposition gets tired. Barr is better out wide and not a striker so swap him and wardlaw into usual positions. I thought McManus played well and showed great work rate to move the Berwick defence about all day. McBride was poor so would replace him with Darren smith . Don't know why he has been dropped ?. Muir got stuck in and had a great game,Willis does great sometimes but shit others. Campbell had good game put in some great tackles so did white. My team would be

Antell

Durie white Campbell Johnstone

Willis smith muir Barr

McManus wardlaw

Thanks for your positive comments about your Bayview experience Dysart Lino.

We'll make sure the people concerned are made aware of them.

Well just up with a sore head but really worth it after yesterday great credit to billy brown and the team . We worked extremely hard all over the park Johnstone had a great game, Campbell ,white,Willis,muir,McManus, all played well and should take great confidence from yesterday. Well done to young Gormley also when he came on good goal. One more game from playing rangers next year com on the fife we can do it.

Dysart Lino
Thought the first half was a total non-event, but East Fife were certainly the better side in the 2nd. You made a lot of decent openings, but were let down in terms of decision making- passing when a shot was on and vice versa.
Extra time was fairly even and Antell made a great save a couple of minutes before the goal.
Samuel looked like a guy who still has a bit of class and guile, when he can be bothered, but Man of the Match for me was your left back- he got down the flank to support the forwards, tracked back well and won more than his share of tackles.
I had two years of watching Scott McBride at the Rovers, and still haven't seen him score!
Thought Berwick's penalty was soft- I actually thought the ref was going to book their player for diving, although I thought they had a half decent shout for one in the first period of extra time.
Finally, I have to say everyone, from the people working in the pie stand to the bar staff upstairs and the women who sold us our tickets at the entrance to the bars, were extremely friendly and polite, and a credit to your club.

Nice sentiments James, come along on Wednesday as well!

Eugene Clarke

In which case Eugene, you will obviously also be making sure that you report back to your boardroom colleagues the negative feedback about the board's running of the club that appears regularly on this website, from the club's own supporters.
Dysart Lino, an anonymous poster who supports another team, says he has not been at Bayview since 2009. I don't recall you jumping to attend to any complaints that appear here from the regular paying customers. Your usual response is to say that you can't act on anonymous posts.

supporter
Eugene Clarke

In which case Eugene, you will obviously also be making sure that you report back to your boardroom colleagues the negative feedback about the board's running of the club that appears regularly on this website, from the club's own supporters.
Dysart Lino, an anonymous poster who supports another team, says he has not been at Bayview since 2009. I don't recall you jumping to attend to any complaints that appear here from the regular paying customers. Your usual response is to say that you can't act on anonymous posts.

Read Dysart Lino's post correctly ya tosser and you will see that the comments were directed to the bar staff, pie stand staff and ticket staff, probably most of whom don't read this forum.

Eugene is quite right to pass on these positive comments, which is a normal HUMAN and CIVILISED thing to do, both of which are attributes YOU do not have PRICK!

In case you are unaware, Eugene is a DIRECTOR, so do you think he reads stuff on here and keeps it all to himself? Get a f'ing life ya whinging, moaning, lowlife b'std!

Opinion
Read Dysart Lino's post correctly ya tosser and you will see that the comments were directed to the bar staff, pie stand staff and ticket staff, probably most of whom don't read this forum.

Eugene is quite right to pass on these positive comments, which is a normal HUMAN and CIVILISED thing to do, both of which are attributes YOU do not have PRICK!

In case you are unaware, Eugene is a DIRECTOR, so do you think he reads stuff on here and keeps it all to himself? Get a f'ing life ya whinging, moaning, lowlife b'std!

So 'Opinion', you don't like my opinion, which means I am a tosser, a prick, and a lowlife bastard. That is quite a strong reaction. My next opinion is that you are either unbalanced, or my remarks have touched an especially sensitive nerve.

Supporter,
I think Eugene and several other posters on here know who Dysart Lino is so the message is not from an anonymous poster and his feedback will be appreciated by people who are contributing something positive.
On the other hand you ARE anonymous and seem happy to continue attacking anything and anybody associated with EFFC. I just wish you could muster a few words on how you are working to change things or are you still working on the secret coup ?
Despite a terrible season and the turmoil at the club you must have been slightly happy after watching yesterday's win - did the last minute winner not even get you out of your seat ?

Not The Other Chairman
I just wish you could muster a few words on how you are working to change things

And I wish YOU could muster a few words about how you are working to change things. I am a mere supporter. I'm not going to change anything on my own. You however are the Trust chairman. You are the one who should have a plan, if there is any point at all to you holding that position. What do you do to bring about change? When you comment about the board of directors, it is often in support of them. What about the many fans on this website who are unhappy with the club and want change at the club? I would say they represent the majority view on this website. What are you offering them by way of guidance or focus for their desire for change? Nothing, as far as I can see. Unless of course, like the coup you witter on about, it is all a big secret.

Sorry, I think I missed how you felt at the game yesterday but despite your antagonism for all things East Fife I am sure you were up cheering with the rest. How did you enjoy it yesterday ???
One misconception you seem to have is my view on the current ownership at EFFC. I detest how EFFC have fallen into the hands of a consortium which has no interest in EF as a football club and despair at having a Chairman whose prime interest is protecting the consortium's investment.
My contribution to changing this is for all members of the Trust to judge and can be ended at any time. Join the Trust and it will be relatively simple for you to change things.
To date your contribution seems to be an anonymous attack on everything and everyone associated with EF.
You have the opportunity to do as much as you are prepared to do but it needs to be more than,for example, anonymously calling the board f*****g idiots.
It's your choice,do something or continue to do nothing.

Stewart k
Dysart Lino

I think I might have an appointment with my psychiatrist on Wednesday night- to try to help me come to terms with the trauma of seeing my 7 year old son jump up and clap when Gormley scored the winner yesterday!
I hope you win against the Mackerel Molesters in the final, but East Fife will be my second favourite team in Black and Gold this Wednesday and next Sunday.

You can be patronised by Dysart Lino but just as you lot would all like to see the Rovers beaten I hope to see you hams on the way to the third division on Wednesday.

Dysart Lino
Stewart k
Dysart Lino

I think I might have an appointment with my psychiatrist on Wednesday night- to try to help me come to terms with the trauma of seeing my 7 year old son jump up and clap when Gormley scored the winner yesterday!
I hope you win against the Mackerel Molesters in the final, but East Fife will be my second favourite team in Black and Gold this Wednesday and next Sunday.

Change your name to, 'Dysart'. There is no Lino in you my friend.

All aboard... Next stop, Fife United.

Brutal.

Jonathan
Dysart Lino
Stewart k
Dysart Lino

Brutal.

Pish.
I've been following Rovers home and away all season while you've been at the Flyers.
My son asked if we could go to East End on Saturday to see the Pars get relegated. I grudged giving them the money and I had a feeling they would pull back the 2 goal deficit anyway. So as not to disappoint him completely, I took him along to Bayview. He happens to know, and like, a few East Fife fans and was therefore happy to see them win that particular game.
If you care to read any of my previous posts on here, it won't take long to work out where my loyalties lie.
You may, or may not know, that the same Eugene Clark was a great assistance to the Reclaim the Rovers campaign a few years ago. I heard him speak a couple of times, and just because he didn't want to see Rovers go to the wall, doesn't make him any less of an East Fife fan, nor would I imagine it dilute his joy if they were ever to beat Rovers (25 years though, boys).

Dysart Lino
Jonathan
Dysart Lino
Stewart k
Dysart Lino

Brutal.

Pish.
I've been following Rovers home and away all season while you've been at the Flyers.
My son asked if we could go to East End on Saturday to see the Pars get relegated. I grudged giving them the money and I had a feeling they would pull back the 2 goal deficit anyway. So as not to disappoint him completely, I took him along to Bayview. He happens to know, and like, a few East Fife fans and was therefore happy to see them win that particular game.
If you care to read any of my previous posts on here, it won't take long to work out where my loyalties lie.
You may, or may not know, that the same Eugene Clark was a great assistance to the Reclaim the Rovers campaign a few years ago. I heard him speak a couple of times, and just because he didn't want to see Rovers go to the wall, doesn't make him any less of an East Fife fan, nor would I imagine it dilute his joy if they were ever to beat Rovers (25 years though, boys).

Well said!

supporter
Opinion

So 'Opinion', you don't like my opinion, which means I am a tosser, a prick, and a lowlife bastard. That is quite a strong reaction. My next opinion is that you are either unbalanced, or my remarks have touched an especially sensitive nerve.

Answer to your first sentence is a resounding YES, you are all of that.

Answer to you second sentence is both no, I am well balanced and yes, you touched a nerve by writing a load of bollocks and showing that you are not a normal human being that shows respect to those that deserve it. You have done nothing but write totally negative pish on this site.

You go on about the trust, are you a member? Because if you are not a member, then you cannot dictate to the trust chairman what he should, or should not be doing. You are like several others (or the same person actually) who are forever criticising and telling others what they should be doing, but do fook all yourself. Were you at the game on Saturday? Don't bother answering that, because if you say yes, I wouldn't believe you anyway and that says a lot more about what I think of you than saying the above!

Opinion
supporter

Answer to you second sentence is both no, I am well balanced and yes, you touched a nerve by writing a load of bollocks and showing that you are not a normal human

Jocky, this is the language of Derrick Brown. The only bit you missed were references to "right-thinking people" and "100 women".
As a "tosser, a prick and a lowlife bastard" I would have reached the conclusion that I am "not a normal human" already. But thanks for pointing this out. Any other defects or deformities that I should know about? Have a look in your bedside drawer and see if you have any other abuse left over.
This is really getting to you, isn't it? I wonder why you are taking the slightest criticism of the club so personally? What's in it for you, son?

Opinion
supporter
Opinion

Answer to you second sentence is both no, I am well balanced and yes, you touched a nerve by writing a load of bollocks and showing that you are not a normal human being that shows respect to those that deserve it. You have done nothing but write totally negative pish on this site.

You go on about the trust, are you a member? Because if you are not a member, then you cannot dictate to the trust chairman what he should, or should not be doing. You are like several others (or the same person actually) who are forever criticising and telling others what they should be doing, but do fook all yourself. Were you at the game on Saturday? Don't bother answering that, because if you say yes, I wouldn't believe you anyway and that says a lot more about what I think of you than saying the above!

"Enjoy the forum and please respect your fellow fans and posters and their viewpoints".

So Opinion, what part of the above don't you understand?

Judging by your response to supporter's posts, I think he/she has a point in terms of your mental well-being. You come across as intolerant and aggressive and if you can't respond without resorting to abuse do yourself and the rest of us a favour and don't bother. Please.

Levenmouth Rover
You can be patronised by Dysart Lino but just as you lot would all like to see the Rovers beaten I hope to see you hams on the way to the third division on Wednesday.

Iron

supporter
Opinion
supporter

Answer to you second sentence is both no, I am well balanced and yes, you touched a nerve by writing a load of bollocks and showing that you are not a normal human

Jocky, this is the language of Derrick Brown. The only bit you missed were references to "right-thinking people" and "100 women".
As a "tosser, a prick and a lowlife bastard" I would have reached the conclusion that I am "not a normal human" already. But thanks for pointing this out. Any other defects or deformities that I should know about? Have a look in your bedside drawer and see if you have any other abuse left over.
This is really getting to you, isn't it? I wonder why you are taking the slightest criticism of the club so personally? What's in it for you, son?

Yeah but all you ever do is criticise everything. Were you at the match on Saturday; Yes or no? Were you happy with the win; Yes or no?

Levenmouth Rover

One of the worst things about this season is that we have been so poor that Levenmouth Rover has been allowed free rein without any threat of retaliation even when the Ragged ones have had apoor result.

supporter
Opinion
supporter

Obviously you are SPF as you are going on about Jocky?

I see that you haven't responded to my post pointing out that you have totally misread Eugene's post, or that you have twisted it to suit your own agenda? I am now wondering if maybe Bette Noir is a board member, seeing as he calls you his 'bitch' and that is what your gripe is all about with the East Fife board, in particular Jim somebody?? Have you had some bad experience with a board member that you probably don't want to broadcast? Did you make an unwanted sexual approach possibly and get knocked back? What exactly happened that turned you against the board?

BALDY MEN COMB THREAD FOR THIS FUCKIN PISH. OPEN TO LINO LOVERS HAVING A TIFF

Opinion
Have you had some bad experience with a board member that you probably don't want to broadcast? Did you make an unwanted sexual approach possibly and get knocked back? What exactly happened that turned you against the board?

I thought you told us you are well-balanced? I don't know how to break this to you, but you're not.
Now you have moved on so quickly to abuse of a sexual nature, I dare say there will be no limits to your repertoire.

supporter
Opinion
Have you had some bad experience with a board member that you probably don't want to broadcast? Did you make an unwanted sexual approach possibly and get knocked back? What exactly happened that turned you against the board?

I thought you told us you are well-balanced? I don't know how to break this to you, but you're not.
Now you have moved on so quickly to abuse of a sexual nature, I dare say there will be no limits to your repertoire.

Well balanced people look at all things and consider all reasons. If you were examined by a psychiatrist, he would be asking you the same question, among others no doubt, about your problem with an East Fife director. Sexual problems/issues are common reasons for exhibiting hatred. You surely have heard the phrase - hell hath no fury like a woman scorned? It applies equally to some men as well, Mr SPF.

Opinion
supporter
Opinion

Well balanced people look at all things and consider all reasons. If you were examined by a psychiatrist, he would be asking you the same question, among others no doubt, about your problem with an East Fife director. Sexual problems/issues are common reasons for exhibiting hatred. You surely have heard the phrase - hell hath no fury like a woman scorned? It applies equally to some men as well, Mr SPF.

Supporter is not me you fool. I stopped 'supporting' the demise of this Club, at the hands of this board, last season.

Thanks for bringing me into things again, though. I feel famous.

Ps, I don't disagree with anything he's said.

Opinion

I have looked back through this thread and I can't see where I have exhibited "hatred". I raised a point about something at East Fife and you reacted with sustained personal abuse which has become sexual. Is this a wayward attempt to groom me?
Let's have a look at your latest post. "Psychiatrist ... sexual problems ... hatred ... hell ... fury ... scorned ...". There is a lot of anger in there, son.
I'm not SPF but I don't mind if you keep calling me that. You've called me worse.

Could opinion be Bette aka Exile?

Certainly on the same vile, obnoxious wavelength.

Dysart Lino
Jonathan
Dysart Lino
Stewart k
Dysart Lino

Brutal.

Pish.

I've been watching Raith Rovers AND Fife Flyers all season. Four Raith season tickets in my flat, thank you very much.

AND the majority of my pals are East F*fe fans too and I include GoF and Eugene Clark in that list. So ner, ner back at you.

There is no harm in you going to F*fe games as long as you educate who(m)ever you go with, never to support them!

IS THERE ONE EAST F*FE FAN ON THIS FORUM THAT WOULD BE SUPPORTING RAITH IN THE SAME SITUATION? (if I get more than one yes, I'll not just give up this forum, but I'll give up Scottish football)

Yes, now fuck off.

Me too!
Now fuck off!

raith fan 1
Yes, now fuck off.

Has to be a Fife fan.

Jonathan
raith fan 1
Yes, now fuck off.

Has to be a Fife fan.

Do one!

Raith Fan 3
Jonathan
raith fan 1
Yes, now fuck off.

Has to be a Fife fan.

Do one!

Telt ye, there's not a F*fe fan on this planet that would want Raith to beat Peterhead if we were in the same situation.