Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
well done

well done fife

Re: well done

I don't think it should be underestimated just how much of an achievement this is. However it may have happened, it takes a lot of bravery for the players to pick themselves up from the disappointment of our league finish, to put in arguably some of the best performances of the season. The team that's in the relegation spot in the playoffs goes in with no momentum and morale at an absolute low, so all credit to the players for this result and those previous.

Good luck to those who move on at the end of the season, and let's start building for next.

Brilliant stuff.... Well done to all concerned and chuffed for all the die hardship who have stuck with them all along.

Big Fifer
I don't think it should be underestimated just how much of an achievement this is. However it may have happened, it takes a lot of bravery for the players to pick themselves up from the disappointment of our league finish, to put in arguably some of the best performances of the season. The team that's in the relegation spot in the playoffs goes in with no momentum and morale at an absolute low, so all credit to the players for this result and those previous.

Good luck to those who move on at the end of the season, and let's start building for next.

Hear, hear! Lets enjoy tonight and start the rebuilding tomorrow.

Congratulations from your local pet Hibee. That was a superb result today

Absolutely tremendous result well done indeed, congrats to all have a great night toniteI know i will :)

Big thank you to the team. Up the Ebww Vale with no signal (couldn't stand the pressure) so just found out. Stunning win.

Fab result funny enough im also in ebbw vale, Calums father.

Well done from down here. It's been stressful with both Huddersfield & Fife stuck in relegation trouble all season, but delighted both turned out well in the end.

Congratulations anyway

Well done BB and the boys, hopefully now a few of the stay away fans might have a wee change of heart and get back to following there team next season.

well done again.

LIFESTYLE
OPINION

Home
Sport Football Football Match Reports SFL Second Division
By Dailyrecord.co.uk
Peterhead 0 East Fife 1 (agg. 0-1): Fifers dodge the drop thanks to away win in Peterhead

19 May 2013 17:15
THE Fifers were the underdogs going into this match, but survived a first half onslaught to keep their place in the Second Division.

David Muir takes the credit after opening the scoring
SNS Group Bill Murray
EAST FIFE will be playing Second Division football next season after David Muir's goal proved enough to inflict a first defeat in 12 matches on Peterhead.

Muir struck three minutes after the break in their second leg to register the only goal of the play-off at Balmoor after Wednesday's first leg finished goalless.

It was only the Fifers' third win in their last 21 games but it was enough to ensure Peterhead, who had won their previous 10 successive matches prior to the midweek stalemate, will find themselves in the Third Division once again next term having finished runners-up to champions Rangers.

Both sides showed their intentions early on, Rory McAllister firing off target for the hosts from distance before Paul Willis volleyed over for the Fifers.

Collin Samuel and McAllister, again, tried their luck before Peterhead striker Andrew Rodgers forced Calum Antell into a block in the 20th minute.

Live blog: Sunday Matchday Live, May 19, part two
Opposite number Graeme Smith did well to tip Paul McManus' drilled effort around a post while Antell did likewise to keep out a free-kick from the lively McAllister at the other end as the first half drew to a goalless close.

The tie was finally blown wide open just three minutes after the break as Craig Johnstone's inswinging corner was converted right-footed from close range by Muir, whose third goal of the season followed his effort in East Fife's play-off semi-final victory over Berwick.

Smith again denied McAllister with another fine save before Peterhead's chances dried up, with the hosts racking up more bookings than goalscoring opportunities as the clash entered the closing stages.

McAllister, Peterhead's most likely source of an equaliser, twice fired off target in the final six minutes, with Willis denied a second for the Fifers by Smith.

Ross Smith then saw his injury-time header blocked by Scott Durie as Peterhead suffered their first defeat since the start of March and East Fife remained in the Second Division.

I think Jim McInally's a cunt so well done.

Billy can now add Peterhead to the list of places he's been and done things in.

Well done the fife quality

To say I am ecstatic is an understatement..... Brilliant result... Noo going to get pissed!

Aye, good stuff. Thought they had no chance. Winning when it really matters counts for a lot.

Fantastic result; it's still sinking in. Once again, well done the players, they put up with a lot of shite from some of their own fans, not the best encouragement from the management but they stuck at it and did a job.

Fucking heroes the lot of them!

Today's performance x36 = division 2 champions 2014.

http://peterheadfc.com/blue-toon-media

Manager comments and some film on Peterhead Fc web site

The season from hell is now over.
Well done to the team.

Just home.

Just sinking in how massive today's result actually is to the mighty Fife. Well done to all the players. They gave everything for the badge.

Pars and Rangers twice next season. 4 capacity matches so surely we need to put in more seats.

sammy
http://peterheadfc.com/blue-toon-media

Manager comments and some film on Peterhead Fc web site

The season from hell is now over.
Well done to the team.

Billy brown's answer to the question about next season made me wonder if he is going to be here next year.

Full credit to the players who have really come of age in the play offs. Id like to see the manager staying to building something long term but my prediction is he may well end up at East End Park with Jim Jeffries if they can match whatever we are paying once they are out of administration.

Have to also give credit to the board and manager for the preparations for this game. I understand they had a light training session on Saturday and then travelled up to Peterhead to stay at a hotel as a group.

Whilst I'm sure it wasn't 4 star luxury its the sort if game that the Derrick Brown regime would have had players leaving at stupid o clock on the Sunday and being told to bring a packed lunch.

Superb performance from the team playing as a team!
As I saw it....
We dominated for the first 25/30 mins, pressed them from the off, they were on the back foot most of this time. Playing some guid attacking fitba' I was feeling confident although a wee bit disappointed we hadn't scored.
Last 15 mins of the half they started to come into the game and to be honest was glad to go in at ht without conceding. Having said that we defended brilliantly.
We contested every ball and bodies, boots, and heids, blocked every PH effort.

A defence that has been our Achilies heel(didny take greek ) all season was finally solid as a rock!

Second half we got that all important goal from captain courageous.
We again defended in numbers and hit them on the break. Could have had a second as they were pushing for the equaliser.
The team played as a team, seemed to be better organised defensively and soaked up the pressure. Playing like that earlier in the season we would never have been in Peterhead today.

Heros today, well done boys!

Like to congratulate everyone associated with east fife football club.Thats what makes supporting a wee team worthwhile.Loved the way the players and fans celebrated together at the end.Stevie campbell and durie different class today.Peterhead hospitality excellent and good luck to them for next season.

We are the EF the EFFC.... great result well done!!!

50 on tuesday what a great early birthday present and to be pitchside taking photos on such a historic day.Well done THE FIFE.rollon next season.

Just back from my local which was full of pissed off Spurs fans. Muttered congratulations and someone pointed out that we hadn't won for 21 games. I put him right on that score but at least it shows that people take notice of the Scottish Second division.

Magic, magic day and just starting to sink in how much it means to stay in division 2. Every player can hold their heads high and be proud of the effort they put in.

My throat is killing me but well worth it!!!!!

Yep, sell outs to Dunfermline and Newco.
Not sure how much money will be made through gate receipts, but cheap effective temp terracing, 'Peterhead style' will do the job nicely.

Well done East Fife!
I wasnt at todays game sadly but im glad we are staying up to play the Pars and Newco next season.

Well done boys

Just want to add my congratulations for a hard job that was very well done by a hard fighting "team".Made my day and gave me great encouragement for next season.Well done lads

Well done yesterday. Tough one for us to take.

Highlights from the game are up on the PFC website.

BlueToon TV

That was great! Thanks for filming the post match celebrations as well. Over and above the call of duty.

Kings of Fife
BlueToon TV

That was great! Thanks for filming the post match celebrations as well. Over and above the call of duty.

Echo the above... Totally professional in every respect. Thanks a million from someone that missed this most curtail match of the season for us... Appreciated!

Great result and well done to the team and coaching staff. Against the odds they've stayed up. Onwards to next season!