Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

The Board, Manager and Players would like to thank all our supporters who made the long journey to Peterhead today – and those who were there in spirit.

Our fans out-shouted, out-chanted and out-sang the rest of the crowd throughout the match.

There’s no doubt that it had an influence on the team and they showed that they were responding with their tremendous victory.

The scenes at the end will stay in everyone’s memory for years to come.

Well done and thanks again.

See you next season – in Division Two!

C’mon the Fife.

Re: Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Wee bump in case it gets lost!

Good to see the positive communication from the board. well done

Praise from the Board. Are these the people who couldn't have East Fife play in their home strips in the first match against Peterhead? Why was that?

I hope the praise is now followed by some vision, planning and action to prevent another season like this one. Can we have some details of how the Board see the club developing and what they are going to do to achieve this?

Is it unrealistic to suggest that we should be aiming to be better than Cowdenbeath, Alloa, Brechin, Dumbarton? If the Board tell me that they are not planning to develop the club into one that can eventually operate in the First Division then I find it difficult to see the point.

Tamsun
Praise from the Board. Are these the people who couldn't have East Fife play in their home strips in the first match against Peterhead? Why was that?

I hope the praise is now followed by some vision, planning and action to prevent another season like this one. Can we have some details of how the Board see the club developing and what they are going to do to achieve this?

Is it unrealistic to suggest that we should be aiming to be better than Cowdenbeath, Alloa, Brechin, Dumbarton? If the Board tell me that they are not planning to develop the club into one that can eventually operate in the First Division then I find it difficult to see the point.

Excellent post Tamsun. I agree 100%. Sadly none of this will be addressed, it never is. The current regime is incapable of putting these basics in place. Hopefully they will all be gone before much longer, replaced by people who can give us a real reason to believe in East Fife's future.

Tamsun

This is East Fife we're talking about so of course there will be no stated ambition, no vision and no forward planning. We will stumble through as usual hoping to get a big away draw to ensure some cash, getting a squad together at the last minute and doing very little to attract more people back to games with some creative new initiatives. We have some big games to look forward to next season but are we taking steps to increase the stadium's capacity before the start of the season? Is the ground ready for live TV?

Maybe, just maybe, some proactive (look it up Sid) things are happening behind the scenes to address these issues. I'm not holding my breath mind.

Tamsun

I think it can only be 1 of 2 reasons.

Either that the board are not East Fife fans and instead are part of some multiple club owning conspiracy......or.......the strips were in the wash from the game a few days earlier.

Either way, it is a really important issue...... to some folk......after all, what is there to moan about now that we avoided relegation.

I did notice that fan has been getting warmed up since Sunday after being relatively quiet over the play-off period.
I wish I could be bothered doing a search for all the lonlies who prophesised that we would be in Div. 3.

Not The Other Chairman
I did notice that fan has been getting warmed up since Sunday after being relatively quiet over the play-off period.
I wish I could be bothered doing a search for all the lonlies who prophesised that we would be in Div. 3.

What is stopping you, you seem to have plenty of time doing nothing else.
Go on, have a crow about missing relegation by the skin of our teeth. It suits you. tellus, what would your smart-arse remark have been at this stage if a Berwick player hadn't knocked a penalty rebound into his own net, and we were now in the Third Division?

Noisy Crossbar
Tamsun

I think it can only be 1 of 2 reasons.

Either that the board are not East Fife fans and instead are part of some multiple club owning conspiracy......or.......the strips were in the wash from the game a few days earlier.

Either way, it is a really important issue...... to some folk......after all, what is there to moan about now that we avoided relegation.

Four days to wash a set of strips. That sounds about right for East Fife. they must have better washing machines in Peterhead, who managed to look like Peterhead for two games on the trot. Tell us the secret, fisher folk.
Tamsun has a legitimate point about the strips. We are East Fife, we are black and gold. Given the choice, why would anyone want to see East Fife play in red? It is who we are, and we need every ounce of that sort of stuff.

"Tamsun has a legitimate point about the strips. We are East Fife, we are black and gold. Given the choice, why would anyone want to see East Fife play in red? It is who we are, and we need every ounce of that sort of stuff."

If this is the level of 'debate' on the forum for the next 6 weeks then roll on the new season.

So what if we wore the red strips? some on here had been calling them the 'lucky red strips' pre-match, hoping we'd wear them.

Who ever has the site. Can they please think about closing it. Some of the people who post on here are oxygen thiefs. The moaning and constant criticism has become unbearable.
I only came on to see if there was any squad news instead there is a cretin moaning about strips FFS. Somebody else moaning about a lucky rebound against Berwick. So what it still went in. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth, still it least it is better than the 3rd. Then again staying up gives them less to moan about.
Everything isn't rosey but I can't see the board going anywhere in the foreseeable.
So is there any chance of the whingers taking a Pre-season break?
Sadly this forum slowly dying a death. There used to be AFTN player of the year, now it is just a voice for poisonous moaners.

What is the point
Who ever has the site. Can they please think about closing it. Some of the people who post on here are oxygen thiefs. The moaning and constant criticism has become unbearable.
I only came on to see if there was any squad news instead there is a cretin moaning about strips FFS. Somebody else moaning about a lucky rebound against Berwick. So what it still went in. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth, still it least it is better than the 3rd. Then again staying up gives them less to moan about.
Everything isn't rosey but I can't see the board going anywhere in the foreseeable.
So is there any chance of the whingers taking a Pre-season break?
Sadly this forum slowly dying a death. There used to be AFTN player of the year, now it is just a voice for poisonous moaners.

I can only agree with your comments,some people are never happy unless they can moan etc.
Probably will get worse before season starts.

supporter
Not The Other Chairman

What is stopping you, you seem to have plenty of time doing nothing else.
Go on, have a crow about missing relegation by the skin of our teeth. It suits you. tellus, what would your smart-arse remark have been at this stage if a Berwick player hadn't knocked a penalty rebound into his own net, and we were now in the Third Division?

I didn't appreciate that you and fan were a double act but if the cap fits......
My only feeling about missing relegation by the skin of our teeth was sheer delight. I went to the games with more hope than expectation but considering the season we have had Sunday was one of the great days.
Whether we had succeeded or failed I would have continued to do whatever I can, through the Trust, to bring about change at EFFC.
There are more positive ways to bring about change than anonymous moaning on an unofficial website but you and others have made that choice. Good luck.

Not The Other Chairman
Whether we had succeeded or failed I would have continued to do whatever I can, through the Trust, to bring about change at EFFC.
There are more positive ways to bring about change than anonymous moaning on an unofficial website but you and others have made that choice. Good luck.

Tell us what you are doing, as chairman of the Trust, to bring about change at EFFC. It would be helpful to know. It might even inspire people to get involved.

supporter
Not The Other Chairman

Tell us what you are doing, as chairman of the Trust, to bring about change at EFFC. It would be helpful to know. It might even inspire people to get involved.

And can you tell us what you are doing, as eh... actually I've nae idea what you are supposed to be, to bring change at EFFC? Apart fae moaning on a website like? It would be helpful if you could let us know and inspire the others who you think do nothing, apart from selling programmes and organising various fund-raising events which provide funds for the supporters trust to buy shares, which is one of the main things it was set up for.

It might inspire people to leave the trust and do what you do, which as far as I can see is

SFA!

STRIP WANK THREAD ALERT!!!!!

Kofi Annan Athletic
STRIP WANK THREAD ALERT!!!!!

Supporter, is this the audience you are trying to reach ? As I posted earlier - good luck

Yeah, tell us Alan. It's been a month since the working group meeting. And days since the Trust's latest share purchase. Bi-daily updates please - I'm getting lonely.

Gaun yersel NC yiv jist won the spellin bee,the L word correctly revealed.

It's difficult to argue witn a person who can spell properly.
NC,round up these sheep and lead them. In the land of the illiterate the man who can spell lonley correctly is king.

supporter

And can you tell us what you are doing, as eh... actually I've nae idea what you are supposed to be, to bring change at EFFC? Apart fae moaning on a website like? It would be helpful if you could let us know and inspire the others who you think do nothing, apart from selling programmes and organising various fund-raising events which provide funds for the supporters trust to buy shares, which is one of the main things it was set up for.

It might inspire people to leave the trust and do what you do, which as far as I can see is

SFA!

Noisy Crossbar
Yeah, tell us Alan. It's been a month since the working group meeting. And days since the Trust's latest share purchase. Bi-daily updates please - I'm getting lonely.

You mean the working group meeting that would never have happened if the Trust's lack of direction had not been highlighted on this forum? The meeting was set up in direct response to criticism on here. Likewise the newsletter, that came directly from complaints on here about a lack of communication.
NTOC says he is trying to achieve change at EFFC. The share purchase did not do that. It shored up the board, at a time when the Trust should have been asking why the club had run out of money.
Today's news from the EFM means that change might be coming. Maybe this is the top secret masterplan that NTOC has been working on in his bedroom.
Come on NTOC, what's the secret? What have you been doing as Trust chairman to achieve change at East Fife?

"Supporter",you really have no clue,you fuckin` cretin!

supporter
Noisy Crossbar

You mean the working group meeting that would never have happened if the Trust's lack of direction had not been highlighted on this forum? The meeting was set up in direct response to criticism on here. Likewise the newsletter, that came directly from complaints on here about a lack of communication.
NTOC says he is trying to achieve change at EFFC. The share purchase did not do that. It shored up the board, at a time when the Trust should have been asking why the club had run out of money.
Today's news from the EFM means that change might be coming. Maybe this is the top secret masterplan that NTOC has been working on in his bedroom.
Come on NTOC, what's the secret? What have you been doing as Trust chairman to achieve change at East Fife?

You're funny. I think you're my favorite.

Supporter,your chosen course is to make noise and contribute nothing. I will continue to do what I can and let Trust members decide if that is enough or not.

For what it`s worth, I`m happy with what NTOC is doing at the Trust.

As am I Tam,theres too many silly cunts on here spouting their bile about NTOC but sit on their arses doing nothing to help the club.

Not The Other Chairman
Supporter,your chosen course is to make noise and contribute nothing. I will continue to do what I can and let Trust members decide if that is enough or not.

You say I contribute nothing but noise. But as I have already pointed out, you would not have called the recent successful meeting if you had not been criticised by me and by others on this forum. You would have just bumbled along as before. Instead, we've had a brainstorm meeting, a newsletter, emails to keep members informed. None of that was happening before.

A bit more "noise" from you might show people that the Trust does have a voice; a bit more noise from you might have got more people to help the Trust. A bit more "noise" might have shown signs of life.

I ask again, tell us what you have been doing to achieve change at EFFC. As I said before, it might generate enough interest for more people to get involved. That can only be a positive development.

As you suggest I will just bumble along and you can continue to be the tinkie's dog and save the club. That behaviour suits us both best.

Not The Other Chairman

Three times now I have asked if you can expand on what you have been doing, through the Trust (of which you are chairman), to bring about change at East Fife. You keep responding, but not with answers.
What are these positive ways to bring about change? If more supporters knew about them, the Trust could attract more fans who could see the real difference that people like yourself are making.

supporter
Not The Other Chairman

Three times now I have asked if you can expand on what you have been doing, through the Trust (of which you are chairman), to bring about change at East Fife. You keep responding, but not with answers.
What are these positive ways to bring about change? If more supporters knew about them, the Trust could attract more fans who could see the real difference that people like yourself are making.

Making a bit of an arse of yerself so far son. If you want to put yourself forward as Trust Chairperson then go ahead.

Let me look back, this thread was about the club thanking people for the off field effort to keep us in the 2nd division. Surprise, surprise! You get to the bottom and its back to the stupid f@@kwit having a go at the trust again. This drivell makes twitter mildly attractive. I suppose when we win the Champions League, he'll still be blaming the trust for ruining his life.

Kings of Fife
Making a bit of an arse of yerself so far son. If you want to put yourself forward as Trust Chairperson then go ahead.

I don't want to be Trust chairman. But somebody does. What I want is to hear what's been done to achieve change. That's all. The chairman said on this thread that he's been doing something. Why can't he tell us what it is?

If this question makes me an arse in your eyes, I reckon I will be in good company.

How on earth has this thread went from this...

Eugene Clarke
The Board, Manager and Players would like to thank all our supporters who made the long journey to Peterhead today – and those who were there in spirit.

Our fans out-shouted, out-chanted and out-sang the rest of the crowd throughout the match.

There’s no doubt that it had an influence on the team and they showed that they were responding with their tremendous victory.

The scenes at the end will stay in everyone’s memory for years to come.

Well done and thanks again.

See you next season – in Division Two!

C’mon the Fife.

...to this absolute drivel?

supporter
Kings of Fife

I don't want to be Trust chairman. But somebody does. What I want is to hear what's been done to achieve change. That's all. The chairman said on this thread that he's been doing something. Why can't he tell us what it is?

If this question makes me an arse in your eyes, I reckon I will be in good company.

Why not arrange to meet the chap before one of our games and thrash it out over a pint or two in the clubs bar?

Sadly this forum slowly dying a death.
[/quote

Certainly not!
I, for one, will not let it, as it's the only forum where people listen/read what I have to say.
Probably because they do not have a choice.

Eugene

How;s m' y punctuation?

supporter
Kings of Fife

I guess you must have spoken with NTOC at one of this seasons games surely?

Supporter,
You have had an opportunity at most home and away games to ask me whatever you like about the Trust. In an earlier post "Alan" has suggested we meet and for me that's the best way to close this issue. You know fine I was never going start trying to explain myself or Trust business on this forum
but my email address is on this post so drop me an email and we can agree when and where to meet. Look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.

NTOC

What if the boy is housebound and cannot get to the games?
I think you should go and see him.
The Trust can pick up the taxi fare instead of spending all it's money on shares.

The blame for this thread going the way it has must lie with Eugene. Rather than let it fade he had to bump it back to the top and stir up the hatred and bad feeling that now exists. I hope you've learned your lesson Eugene - let sleeping dogs lie.

Noisy Crossbar

Fadi,you are obviously a bit of a filanfropist (how's my spelling Eugene ?)
I understand your concern and,if necessary, will pick supporter up from his home or wherever he is staying (within Fife due to spirallling motoring costs) and take him home after we have made up and he joins the Trust.

NTOC

A gentleman's response.
Well done sir!

I just hope the other protagonist accepts your kind offer in the manner it was offered.