Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ambition

Do we have any??? I don't think we do !!! Every year the quality and squad is getting poorer and poorer in my opinion and I think it's time for drastic changes .... Lets get real East FIfe men on board

Re: Ambition

Gotta agree,and this coming season all that will matter is the 4 home games against Rangers and the Pars,and if that money doesn't get re-invested back into the club,you do start to wonder what is the point?

The chairman almost in tears in the courier . More like him and the board laughing all the way to the bank me thinks .
There will be no investment in the clubs future from the money spinning games .
I really would like to see the chairman and board come out with their vision for the club don't see this happening .
Time for younger more innovative board football people with local interest at heart .

Archie
Do we have any??? I don't think we do !!! Every year the quality and squad is getting poorer and poorer in my opinion and I think it's time for drastic changes .... Lets get real East FIfe men on board

Ambition. Relegation fight again next season. We all know it deep down.

Archie

Disagree with your post actually. Every year since when?

Spider on his web.
Archie

Since the Livingston boy took over our club. Since the Broon days. It was Broon then now it is Sid.

Just have a little patience

Spider on his web.
Archie

In general terms since 2008/09 though Robertson had a decent squad I thought a couple of seasons back when we should really have made the promotion play-offs.

Mad Man
Spider on his web.
Archie

In general terms since 2008/09 though Robertson had a decent squad I thought a couple of seasons back when we should really have made the promotion play-offs.

Which isn't exactly justification for saying the squad is getting poorer every year is it? Go back further and it is clear that we are up and down regularly regarding league position and it is not a case of getting poorer every year at all.

With the club hitting the start of pre-season training ahead of another season being in the second division for the sixth season as a football club. Two seasons ago we enjoyed success in the cup under john robertson and the squad narrowly missing out on the play-offs for the 1st, this year we finish second bottom and won in the play-offs to remain in the leauge where we play two fairly big clubs that were not that long were in the top flight of scottish football. Also we have went through many managers in crawford, durie, robbo, chisholm and present under sid and we should be looking to turn the shambles last year into a successful season now and our aim should be finishing in the play-offs but we won't know our aim or ambition once players are signed for east fife.
Also I hope we aren't slow out of the blockes this time around in bringing new decent players to bayview because they will be good players avaliable now but if we don't then other clubs will be first. Unless we know our squad for next season it is clueless what our aim but I hope sid and the board want us to be sucessful in the leauge this time around and be up there with the forfar's and brechin's who seem to be in the play-offs where we should be.
Since we will be playing rangers and pars will we be extending the current ground even it will be defo all ticket? Will the ground pass health and safety of playing rangers at a smaller capacity ground than peterhead?
Other question sid or those that are on board is the current youth system, is it improving every year? Are they new talent joining the first team?
I like to hear what the club"s plan is, they should hold a press confrence on eftv with the board and tell us fans there plans etc...than being a old club like fashion side.

In relation to last paragraph re youth as far as I'm aware the current chairman and bod are not supportive of the youth project and still have no real idea what it can achieve if supported and nurtured . This is where they appear out of touch and narrow minded look around at other clubs reaping rewards short sighted in the least .
I am also of the belief that youth receives no financial assistance from the club and is self sufficient does that not show neglect in clubs future . I stand to be corrected on this point though
This is one if many ongoing issues to be addressed . Manager also clearly not a supporter of youth as never made any attempt to promote any younger players during the season
Roll on change .
As previous poster stated lets get action and meetings with fans and supporters club trust etc to get some direction for the club

so you are saying that east fife fc are not supporting in their own youth project and nether the board and manager? it maybe correct..ross brown was the only player given a chance this year at ibrox as a sub but since then what has happen to the young talent in methil?

is east fife behind clubs that have better youth system in Sfl like Alloa, Airdrie, Queens Park etc..and what future does the current youths at the club have if they fail to progress to the first team? do they move on from football and find something better to do, many will feel a bit annoyed if they make it to under 19 then find something else to do.

from what i believe looking in on the youth set up it would appear that the answer to your question re support from the current chairman and board towards the youths within their own club it seens none existent. But as I said stand to be corrected on that and will happily listen to reason or being corrected if I am Infact incorrect
As for young players at the club there are players both in the reserve set up and the 19s who remember as has been said in previous posts without recognition from bod or first team manager reached the semi final of the sfl league cup and beat Motherwell in the Scottish cup this season. I believe this is enough to show that there is progress in a short period of time set up has been in existence and lots of hardwork going on to make it a success from all the good people concerned. Some good players coming through there seen a few games both resrves and 19s but as a club must support continued progression towards first team football.
As for players reaching the end of football at under 19 level unless given a chance to progress and stake their claim for first team they will know doubt be lost to junior and amateur football.
In relation to players who have had first team recognition Ross Brown and if we also remember Ross Brewster and Ryan McAllister (no longer at club I'm told)these players were out at junior clubs this year along with reserve full time players no doubt good for their experience but lets s see if it is used to clubs advantage
Club has as can bd seen brought in loanees and signings no better than their own youths as far as I've seen in games when I have been able to see them during the season
These guys got to be given a chance before lost from the club altogether.

Guys

Very interesting thread.

But can we have some more paragraphs?
Us old boys find it difficult to concentrate for more than four sentences.