Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Takeover

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/east-fife/breaking-east-fife-boardroom-talks-1-2941142

Interesting.

Re: Takeover

Aaas III saaaid (Mancunian droll) Just have a little patience

Ken Bates? Peter Risdale? Middle East Consortium?

I know it will not be that thrilling in the end but this is just soooo exciting.

Anyone bar broon, rankine, romanov, danskin, green, whyte and massone please. Also a guy that has a clean record and is committed in a club like east fife long term.

I hope he's not taking a loan out to buy the club, I seen many that stay in methil do this lol anyway good luck to who ever it is...best news I have herd, I'm so exicted.

happy enough with the new chairman and manager. all the best to them.

Who is this new chairman ?

Cr
Who is this new chairman ?

I think he means sid

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/us-investor-john-nelms-reveals-his-dundee-vision-1-2940886

http://youtu.be/YDHG15zNVpc

Berbatov would do nicely!!

pingpong
Berbatov would do nicely!!

Anyone got any hard facts yet on this takeover and this consortium? Will it mean a radical change and some new cash or will it just be a case of shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic?

From what we can see so far:

1) Some are suggesting some Bulgarian link to a takeover?

2) A Willie Gray fronted bid. It is interesting that Baikie and his coaching staff resigned last night. Why would they do that when they had just got promoted? Surely there must be something on the horizon for them?

On another note Sid said that Brown would be telling the players who the club want to stay on before he went on holiday (which was today), therefore amyone got any news on that front?

If the Bulgarians are involved I would be very worried about links between the Bulgarian Mafia and the Methil Mafia. I can just picture thousands of Bulgarians arriving in Methil asking for directions to their timeshare flats in Sunny Cowdenbeach.
On a more serious note WG would be the ideal buyer as the club is in desperate need of financial transparency.

These are my personal views and I have not been forced into this by posts on AFTN.

Agree with NTOC,,if it wasn't for willie grays cash we would still be rotting in the 3rd. I would welcome anybody who was going to plough a bit money into the club.

fife4life
Agree with NTOC,,if it wasn't for willie grays cash we would still be rotting in the 3rd. I would welcome anybody who was going to plough a bit money into the club.

Irony Alert? Or have you been sleeping through the whole David Murray/Romananov/DiStefano/Masterton/Rankine/Danskin/Massone capitialist bullshit?

The only money thats getting ploughed into East Fife is our own and it needs to be to take fan ownership to 51% of shares.

Kofi Annan Athletic
fife4life

Irony Alert? Or have you been sleeping through the whole David Murray/Romananov/DiStefano/Masterton/Rankine/Danskin/Massone capitialist bullshit?

The only money thats getting ploughed into East Fife is our own and it needs to be to take fan ownership to 51% of shares.

So how do the fans get the 51% ownership?

Nowt happening according to Sid in the courier today a load of bullshit .

Knew it was too good to be true, or is it Sid that's bullshitting (wouldn't be the first time). I wonder also if the league reconstruction uncertainty is having an effect on any takeover discussions?

SID IS BULLSHITTING! 100%

NTOC

Stewart Kirkwood

How much will it cost the potential new boys to get 100% control?

Financially I mean, that's apart from the mental anguish of having to deal with the likes of Eugene and Alan from the Trust.

Fadi the Fifer
Stewart Kirkwood

Financially I mean, that's apart from the mental anguish of having to deal with the likes of Eugene and Alan from the Trust.

Twa bob, a couple o conkers, an auld piece of chewing gum and a new bucket for Sid would just about cover it

Oor Wullie

Good one.
Showing your age pal.

Fadi the Fifer
Stewart Kirkwood

Club is valued at £500,000 according to current share price, however finding people willing to sell their shares to allow a 100% ownership will be a nightmare. At a recent trust meeting they were the 3/4/5 highest shareholders I think I remember by owning around 20k of shares, this is all going on memory and mine is terrible, but I'm sure the amount of people with shares was pretty vast so would defo be a struggle for any complete ownership never mind get near the majority ownership to force a purchase of all shares through.

However very exciting news if there has been a bid as a bit of spending this year with the increased crowds of Dunfermline and rangers gates could entice new fans along due to good football at a small local team.

Will it be done by august in time for the new season...I hope this doesn't affect the managers plans in bringing in new players to the club.

Can't help but laugh at some of the guesses as to the takeover.

I can tell you that no one has guessed correctly and it will almost certainly be completed before the new season.

There will be a lot of changes within the club.

I can also tell you that the majority of the current employees will not be happy when they find out who is taking over.

But in the interest of the club, Players and Youth Development this is the best thing that could ever happen.

Mark my words!

One more thing, Listen to absolutely nothing that Sid Collumbine has to say, He talks through a hole hidden by his corduroys.

Take what the EFM says with a pinch of salt.

Hahaha
Can't help but laugh at some of the guesses as to the takeover.

I can tell you that no one has guessed correctly and it will almost certainly be completed before the new season.

There will be a lot of changes within the club.

I can also tell you that the majority of the current employees will not be happy when they find out who is taking over.

But in the interest of the club, Players and Youth Development this is the best thing that could ever happen.

Mark my words!

One more thing, Listen to absolutely nothing that Sid Collumbine has to say, He talks through a hole hidden by his corduroys.

Take what the EFM says with a pinch of salt.

You say "mark my words" but you offer no substance to what you are saying and post anonymously.
I think it is Scott Inglis of the East Fife Mail who should be answering the questions. It is him who gave the whole thing credence by reporting on it. So over to you Scott...are you going to back up the story or are you trying to pretend you are a reporter for a big tabloid paper and just making stuff up on the basis of tittle-tattle? You are a local paper man who should report facts and not stir up gossip, so please enlighten us further.

I'm not legally obligated to publicly name the person(s) involved in the takeover - But I can confirm that I have spoken with person(s) involved and it (The takeover) has been in the pipeline for a considerable amount of time.

There will be money pumped into the club and the club will be managed exactly how a club is supposed to be managed.

No more draw backs on the youths, No more pussy-footing around the club, No more back-stabbing, No more 'Secret-service' groups within the club, No more profits pocketed.

Forward thinking with a positive mentality and the good of the club at the forefront of any initiative!

No No No Whatever

It is Scott's job to stir up gossip and rumour. Go for it mate!
If not, what's the point of being a journalist. No fun if you cannot wind folk up and more importantly sell your newspaper.

Ooooh! I am so excited.

Will there be terracing for the visits of Dunfermline an Rangers :)?

As of yet, Nothing has been discussed regarding terracing for the big games next season.

The logical plan would be to place a temporary stand directly across from the main stand, Then use the funding generated from the temporary stand to construct a permanent stand.

Am sure the club will do something along the lines as extra money is always
welcome

Take what you haves said with a pinch of salt!

Oh No!

If you wish to take what I have said with a pinch of salt then so be it, All will unfold in due time.

Hahaha
I'm not legally obligated to publicly name the person(s) involved in the takeover - But I can confirm that I have spoken with person(s) involved and it (The takeover) has been in the pipeline for a considerable amount of time.

There will be money pumped into the club and the club will be managed exactly how a club is supposed to be managed.

No more draw backs on the youths, No more pussy-footing around the club, No more back-stabbing, No more 'Secret-service' groups within the club, No more profits pocketed.

Forward thinking with a positive mentality and the good of the club at the forefront of any initiative!

I'll believe it when I see it of course but right now I'm so excited I could shit.

Hahaha
As of yet, Nothing has been discussed regarding terracing for the big games next season.

The logical plan would be to place a temporary stand directly across from the main stand, Then use the funding generated from the temporary stand to construct a permanent stand.

Permanent terracing would be better but anything that would improve the atmosphere and make it look like a proper football ground would be most welcome.

A clue, BM. Missing both revenue and association

Fifer

Correct, But we will have to agree to disagree, Not short of association and couldn't be further from lack of revenue.

If Brian is successful in his takeover then he would do well to take heed of some of the ideas and points raised in the recent fans meeting at bayview.

Okay the name of the person behind the takeover bid is someone called Brian M.
Any more info?

Make a great movie - "From Samantha to Sofia".

Noisy crossbar
If Brian is successful in his takeover then he would do well to take heed of some of the ideas and points raised in the recent fans meeting at bayview.

Already successful

The end of most clubs financial years is some time in June - The current corrupt owner(s) would be idiotic to sell the club before the money from the SFL comes in.

This is what all the waiting is about now.

Guess: Brian McNeil,EF Physio, former director?

Hahaha
Fifer

Correct, But we will have to agree to disagree, Not short of association and couldn't be further from lack of revenue.

Yeah I,be been looking at Brian's profile on linked in and company website. Looks like he's got some footballing connections through his work with clubs and the Bulgarian fa. His company also sponsored balingry last season so looks like he has some spare cash to put into football. Maybe wulllie gray would like a return - particularly with Dunfermline and rangers being the oposition next season. If wulllie does come back we need a counter balance to make sure spending is kept in check.

Noisy crossbar
Hahaha
Fifer

Yeah I,be been looking at Brian's profile on linked in and company website. Looks like he's got some footballing connections through his work with clubs and the Bulgarian fa. His company also sponsored balingry last season so looks like he has some spare cash to put into football. Maybe wulllie gray would like a return - particularly with Dunfermline and rangers being the oposition next season. If wulllie does come back we need a counter balance to make sure spending is kept in check.

Wullie's time has been and gone, Yes his money kept us afloat for a short period of time until we were back on our feet but our expectations should exceed the Wullie era now.

There is no reason we can't be playing top flight football in the next 6 or 7 years with the right people in control and the right person(s) in my opinion is Brian and his contacts.

Is it definitely him?

What we need is someone at the helm with ambition and the true interest of returning the club to some kind of glory days within a sensible budget.

Also someone who understands the club and the local community. There also has to be full transparency of who is in the consortium and where the money is coming from.

The focus has to be on building up an academy that is capable of producing talent which will break into the first team and ultimately be sold on at a fee.

There will initially need to be money ploughed in to bring in some talent capable of having us challenging for promotion. We can't risk paying some crazy wages though if the safety net isn't there to cover the costs down the line.

I would also like to see an end to the ridiculous amount of loanees coming through the club. One or two season long ones is fine if they add something we can't get elsewhere or we pick up none of the costs.

If Brian and his consortium can offer us most or all of that then he has AFTN's full backing.

Ultimately, some long term goal to have majority or even 50/50 fan ownership would also be my personal wish.

Hahaha
Noisy crossbar
Hahaha
Fifer

Wullie's time has been and gone, Yes his money kept us afloat for a short period of time until we were back on our feet but our expectations should exceed the Wullie era now

There is no reason we can't be playing top flight football in the next 6 or 7 years with the right people in control and the right person(s) in my opinion is Brian and his contacts

Wondering what your definition of Top Flight is?

Infrequent Flyer
Hahaha
Noisy crossbar
Hahaha
Fifer

Wullie's time has been and gone, Yes his money kept us afloat for a short period of time until we were back on our feet but our expectations should exceed the Wullie era now

There is no reason we can't be playing top flight football in the next 6 or 7 years with the right people in control and the right person(s) in my opinion is Brian and his contacts

Keep in mind I was shot down on my original few posts... My definition of top flight is, Surprisingly TOP FLIGHT - SPL.

This is a realistic goal with the right people, backing, organization, academy etc.

I have heard a few ideas already and if stuck to this doesn't seem an unrealistic target.

I'm not saying we will be challenging for the title, Far from it, but we can get into the SPL.

SPL would require sugar daddy funding - there isn't enough fans in this part of the world to support it IMO.

I believe Brian's middle name is Stanley.

Hahaha
Infrequent Flyer
Hahaha
Noisy crossbar
Hahaha
Fifer

Keep in mind I was shot down on my original few posts... My definition of top flight is, Surprisingly TOP FLIGHT - SPL.

This is a realistic goal with the right people, backing, organization, academy etc.

I have heard a few ideas already and if stuck to this doesn't seem an unrealistic target.

I'm not saying we will be challenging for the title, Far from it, but we can get into the SPL.

Holy shit the magic mushrooms are out early this year.

Druid
Hahaha
Infrequent Flyer
Hahaha
Noisy crossbar
Hahaha
Fifer

Didn't take long to be shot down again... It's fans like this that hold the club back and scaremonger the investors.

Hahaha
Druid
Hahaha
Infrequent Flyer
Hahaha
Noisy crossbar
Hahaha
Fifer

Didn't take long to be shot down again... It's fans like this that hold the club back and scaremonger the investors.

I'm sure people appreciate your contributions Hahaha, but if I were mounting a takeover bid, I'd either be on here myself or have someone on here talking it up. I don't recall seeing you on here before so you'll forgive me for thinking that you may be the talker-upper. Nothing wrong with that. But I'll temper my faith in what you say on the basis that it may (or may not) be a bit PR-heavy.

Obviously the main thing is how it all works out for East Fife at the end of the day.

I believe, raith almost did it and there s****, When will we find out?

KotS
Hahaha
Druid
Hahaha
Infrequent Flyer
Hahaha
Noisy crossbar
Hahaha
Fifer

I'm sure people appreciate your contributions Hahaha, but if I were mounting a takeover bid, I'd either be on here myself or have someone on here talking it up. I don't recall seeing you on here before so you'll forgive me for thinking that you may be the talker-upper. Nothing wrong with that. But I'll temper my faith in what you say on the basis that it may (or may not) be a bit PR-heavy.

Obviously the main thing is how it all works out for East Fife at the end of the day.

I appreciate and understand why you would think that.

I can assure you I'm not the 'talker-upper' nor is this a PR stunt.

I didn't even want to bring in anyone's name let alone plans and ideas for the future.

I am however an East Fife fan and in order to move forward positively we need some positivity from the fans, I appreciate that may be hard for some fans given the recent rubbish we've been put through but every cloud has it's silver lining and I firmly believe this is ours.

I admit I may be a tad optimistic but I personally believe that with a little luck we can make it to the SPL.

Hahaha
KotS
Hahaha
Druid
Hahaha
Infrequent Flyer
Hahaha
Noisy crossbar
Hahaha
Fifer

I appreciate and understand why you would think that.

I can assure you I'm not the 'talker-upper' nor is this a PR stunt.

I didn't even want to bring in anyone's name let alone plans and ideas for the future.

I am however an East Fife fan and in order to move forward positively we need some positivity from the fans, I appreciate that may be hard for some fans given the recent rubbish we've been put through but every cloud has it's silver lining and I firmly believe this is ours.

I admit I may be a tad optimistic but I personally believe that with a little luck we can make it to the SPL.

Fair do's

If we do get a new board, will this mean SPF will return?

SPF must be tied up in Bettes cellar or he would have posted by now.

think with the right set-up any team can make the spl in 5 years. would do anything ......back anyone to make that dream come true.
mon the fife

Let's show some real positivity new board , new ideas and all benefitting club and community.
I say bring it on change long overdue just look at current directors in place not much ideas or football nous .Sure thus will be a turning point for the club we are all gonna be pleased with new direction it will bring.
Good luck to all concerned I'm for one sure it will be here soon with lots of positives. Lets unite as a club and show everyone that we are the great support we all are and can be for the team .
Change is on the way tick tock

The previous chairman and some directors should hang their fucking heads in shame for the way they have milked the club and treated the fans.
Sid crying at the end of the Peterhead game and boasting how they got the players to stay over the night before at Peterhead. Well Sid, who paid for that??

Good riddance to Rankine, Collumbine and Stevenson etc and welcome to the new guys coming in. I for one am 100% behind them.

Happy Chappy
The previous chairman and some directors should hang their fucking heads in shame for the way they have milked the club and treated the fans.
Sid crying at the end of the Peterhead game and boasting how they got the players to stay over the night before at Peterhead. Well Sid, who paid for that??

Good riddance to Rankine, Collumbine and Stevenson etc and welcome to the new guys coming in. I for one am 100% behind them.

Another thing, Collumbine isn't retiring through choice, He was asked months ago to pack his stuff and leave.

90% of the board at the club appear to think they're bigger than the club, It's time they got a reality check, BOOM!

Noisy crossbar
SPL would require sugar daddy funding - there isn't enough fans in this part of the world to support it IMO.

I believe Brian's middle name is Stanley.

But there is in Dingwall apparently, a village of 6000 people...

what a load of shit posted on this thread BM is not Brian,and the person with the buy up bid name is Bruce M

oh no here we go
what a load of shit posted on this thread BM is not Brian,and the person with the buy up bid name is Bruce M

Someone has been ill-informed.

oh no here we go

yes very ill informed I think u will find the BM in the post is actually.......... Borrusia Munchengladbach who r pumping £20million into our club n then using it as a feeder club !!!!!!

Well there is obviously someone posting on here from the inside that knows exactly what is going on. So I believe the best thing you can do is get the 5/6 boys the fans want to keep and get them signed up Campbell,Durie,Johnston,Smith,Brown, The new owners have to take a democratic approach and look at "The squad" list that has been posted on here. We have to keep the players the club needs to succeed. Div is already away so the board must move fast or it is guaranteed 2 all theses boys will sign for new clubs. Get it sorted whoever is going to be in charge.

come on
Well there is obviously someone posting on here from the inside that knows exactly what is going on. So I believe the best thing you can do is get the 5/6 boys the fans want to keep and get them signed up Campbell,Durie,Johnston,Smith,Brown, The new owners have to take a democratic approach and look at "The squad" list that has been posted on here. We have to keep the players the club needs to succeed. Div is already away so the board must move fast or it is guaranteed 2 all theses boys will sign for new clubs. Get it sorted whoever is going to be in charge.

The boys know what's going on and will hold off for as long as possible before considering any move.

Heard from an unreliable source that it's actually Barry Manilow. Two seasons from now, as we clinch that SPL slot in front of 20,000 at New New Bayview, our captain Andres Iniesta lifts the Div 1 trophy aloft and the man himself belts out 'Looks Like We Made It' from the centre-circle.

And we cover our ears and think, no, it's not worth it - bring back Samantha and the lower reaches of the 2nd Division.

Why on earth would an ambitious forward thinking new regime,desperately try to sign up the dross that dragged us into the relegation mire.This squad were so close to being responsible for the most disasterous relegation in our history,yet some deranged posters think they are so good other clubs will be knocking their doors down for a signature.Holy fuck!!!

Of course hahaha could be a troll,

Fuxcking hell just got word of who is heading this consortium ....out of the frying pan into the fire

Is this mystery person buying the club actually Bob Malcolm?
Lots of other guesses on here but not him. You did say some people will not like who it is so I have guessed Bob.
Whoever it is will need to get cracking on pronto as there's not that long between now and the start of next season.

Brian McNeil, 200k shares to become the majority shareholder, watch this space

Fiferbaz
Whoever it is will need to get cracking on pronto as there's not that long between now and the start of next season.

and not a player signed up for next season? and looks like our first game will be in August in the leauge 2013/14, no fiendlies arranged and club waiting on this so called takeover to happen...fans like me and maybe others will feel desprate now that the club has players ahead of next season at the club

A little knowledge is dangerous. And a little knowledge is what some posters on here seem to have. There is some truth and an awful lot of speculation.I am sure an official announcement will be made soon and then the the truth will out.

Get 5/6/7 players of last years squad signed up being at most of the games this season I think we have to try our best to keep Antell/Brown,Campbell , Durie, Johnston, Div muir (away already) Smith. Maybe samuel and Gormley. Come on board whoever you now are get these boys signed up now!!

paul7
Get 5/6/7 players of last years squad signed up being at most of the games this season I think we have to try our best to keep Antell/Brown,Campbell , Durie, Johnston, Div muir (away already) Smith. Maybe samuel and Gormley. Come on board whoever you now are get these boys signed up now!!

agree no had a news on website since last week part from Goldmine lotto and Car-boot sale today, would be good to have some players from last year stay..bit down about div leaving he was the main man in the team that we would of like next season but would be good to let the fans know in a few days time what our squad is like...so exicted about next season's trips to Ibrox, EEP & Excelsior.

Not again
A little knowledge is dangerous. And a little knowledge is what some posters on here seem to have. There is some truth and an awful lot of speculation.I am sure an official announcement will be made soon and then the the truth will out.

But there's no need to speculate - we know exactly what's happening.

Brian McNeill is heading a consortium of Bulgarian Men with money being put in by Barry Manilow and Bette Midler. The whole thing is being underwritten by Birmingham Midshires and transport between Scotland and Bulgaria will be sponsored by British Midland. This will see us operate as a feeder team for Borussia Monchengladbach. The team will be managed by Bob Malcolm and play at a new ground called Bayview Megapark.

I know this cause I read some of it on here and heard the rest from the Bogey Man.

Should in the main be a great success although there might be one hell of a fight over the training top with BM on it.

MiniFifer

If true, I wonder if he is getting ownership of these shares or just the proxy voting rights of them. Also are any of these shares part of a new issue?

And once the share purchase has been done, will there be a few million left to bring the team and stadium up to SPL standard.

Noisy crossbar
MiniFifer

If true, I wonder if he is getting ownership of these shares or just the proxy voting rights of them. Also are any of these shares part of a new issue?

And once the share purchase has been done, will there be a few million left to bring the team and stadium up to SPL standard.

Now that a known member of AFTN has said the same, people are intrigued, I love it.

Ah - so you are a troll.

Good work.

Noisy Crossbar
Ah - so you are a troll.

Good work.

I have no idea what a troll is but you can call me what you want, I've been called a lot worse.

Just checked..

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum"

My posts have not been inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic, So the answer to your question is no.

(Original post edited by GoF - We hate the board as much as you, but you need to back up your comments with fact or they'll be deleted)

Money problems.

Bare in mind that before we played Rangers we were surviving on the income that was being generated within the club.

Tuesday 7th August 2012 - East Fife played Rangers at Ibrox, the attendance was 38,160 at £15/ticket with the gate split 50/50 - East Fife would have received £286,200.

There have been no big signings, No big improvements to the ground, We're still having to sell advertisement boards in order to generate an income, We struggled to stay in the second division and are struggling with funds.

Would any (other) 2nd division club with £286,200 that was technically gifted to them struggle under these circumstances?

NO CHANCE!

It's time questions were answered!

HaHaHa
(Original post edited by GoF - We hate the board as much as you, but you need to back up your comments with fact or they'll be deleted)

Money problems.

Bare in mind that before we played Rangers we were surviving on the income that was being generated within the club.

Tuesday 7th August 2012 - East Fife played Rangers at Ibrox, the attendance was 38,160 at £15/ticket with the gate split 50/50 - East Fife would have received £286,200.

There have been no big signings, No big improvements to the ground, We're still having to sell advertisement boards in order to generate an income, We struggled to stay in the second division and are struggling with funds.

Would any (other) 2nd division club with £286,200 that was technically gifted to them struggle under these circumstances?

NO CHANCE!

It's time questions were answered!

Doesn't take a genius, Where else could the money have gone? - The fronted owner (16yr old girl) wouldn't have pocketed anything.

I haven't a clue about what you know or don't know but your ignorance of how the gate money from a cup tie is split doesn't help your credibility.

Not The Other Chairman
I haven't a clue about what you know or don't know but your ignorance of how the gate money from a cup tie is split doesn't help your credibility.

Every cup game is split 50/50 as to comply with SFA rules so please explain my ignorance?

Because you're forgetting all the costs that have to come off first before any split amongst other factors.

And the official amount through both sides' accounts is way less.

GoF
Because you're forgetting all the costs that have to come off first before any split amongst other factors.

And the official amount through both sides' accounts is way less.

With regards to costs taken off etc East Fife would still have received AT LEAST £200,000 - Allowing £172,400 for expenses, although it is more than likely that expenses would have been absolutely no where near that!

Re cup receipts - it's only 40% you get remember some admissions will be concessions, plus there is a vat element, eg £15 is 12.50 plus vat.

Just looking in
Re cup receipts - it's only 40% you get remember some admissions will be concessions, plus there is a vat element, eg £15 is 12.50 plus vat.

True.. I still say it would have been very close to £200,000

Hahaha
Just looking in

Hahahaha you are a wank. Stop talking shite son.

Hahaha

you are assuming that 38000 attendees paid £15 a ticket to watch the game.
Clearly there were thousands who paid a lesser sum, £10, to watch the game.

As GOF says there are costs which the host club has to pay. These include policing/security costs, match official fees , and most importantly VAT at 20%

If you are alleging that money has been misappropriated ,ie the club has not received its full entitlement, then who are you accusing of receiving the shortfall?

I am not privy to what the club actually received but believe it was of the order of £150,000.
Dialogue at the time seemed to infer that £100,000 was put on deposit Receipt to 31 May 2013? and £50,000 put towards running the club for the remainder of 2012/2013.
With poor crowds for most of the season and with Bobby Barr on a reputed £500 per week,I am sure that there must have been serious inroads made to the working capital of £50,000.

Fookie Nell
Hahaha
Just looking in

That's every comment I've made that I have been shot down on, I love it.

It worries me that I'm the only one curious as to where the money (despite the amount) has gone and with the takeover in the pipeline it's likely we will never see the money again.

As I said,your ignorance reduces your credibility. How wisely EF used the receipts is one thing just making up numbers is another.

You're losing credibility with every post mate.

We all know where it went as Sammy posts above.

50 grand to work with, with salaries to pay and daily running costs of a football club.

You're clearly clueless on this matter and would do best to just shut up at this point.

Hahaha
Just looking in

In other words, you dinnae hiv a clue!

Hahaha
Fookie Nell
Hahaha
Just looking in

That's every comment I've made that I have been shot down on, I love it.

It worries me that I'm the only one curious as to where the money (despite the amount) has gone and with the takeover in the pipeline it's likely we will never see the money again.

Only one curious to where the money has gone?? Haven't you heard of Saint Pauli Fifer?

Tetra
Haven't you heard of Saint Pauli Fifer?

Although I'm honoured to still be being brought into threads, even though I've not been posting for weeks, what has this got to do with me?

Nearly time for you to make a welcome return mate. Close to ownership and strips being sorted! Optimistic on the stadium front with regards to the new owners. Seems to hopefully an exciting future. Look forward to having a die hard back!

You will have to get used to this Hahaha. It is the way of East Fife supporters to live in denial, stick heads in the sand, and have a go at anyone who asks questions.
Even the chairman of the Trust is at it. He only wants to criticise you, when you are asking where the money went. You will not hear a peep from him when it comes to asking the board for clarity on how much we got from the game, or who ordered that 100k be put in a bond, or how we paid Bobby Barr ten grand on crazy full time wages and still burned another forty grand that wasn't even in the budget. He runs a mile from that, but will be on here double quick with one of his famed attempts at a sarcastic put-down.
Just how the club has dealt with the Rangers money should be of interest and concern to all East Fife fans who have the club's best interests at heart. What you are finding here Hahaha is that people don't want you to ask difficult questions. Have you ever seen the film Village Of The Damned? I'd like to introduce you to the cast.

fan
You will have to get used to this Hahaha. It is the way of East Fife supporters to live in denial, stick heads in the sand, and have a go at anyone who asks questions.
Even the chairman of the Trust is at it. He only wants to criticise you, when you are asking where the money went. You will not hear a peep from him when it comes to asking the board for clarity on how much we got from the game, or who ordered that 100k be put in a bond, or how we paid Bobby Barr ten grand on crazy full time wages and still burned another forty grand that wasn't even in the budget. He runs a mile from that, but will be on here double quick with one of his famed attempts at a sarcastic put-down.
Just how the club has dealt with the Rangers money should be of interest and concern to all East Fife fans who have the club's best interests at heart. What you are finding here Hahaha is that people don't want you to ask difficult questions. Have you ever seen the film Village Of The Damned? I'd like to introduce you to the cast.

Interesting analogy though I think the Stepford Wives is probably more appropriate.

bit ironic calling SPF a die-hard.

Well it's been a funny old weekend. Firstly my offer to discuss the Trust with supporter has fallen on barren ground then out of the blue his alter ego, fan, makes an appearance. Rather than go through the whole courtship thing again I will make you the same offer. Contact me,we can arrange to meet and I will tell you all you want to know about about the Rangers money and how it has been spent. You or supporter are then at liberty to post any detail or opinion you have of me or the Trust on AFTN.
If dissatisfied it will give you the opportunity to gather support and carry out your own campaign for the truth.

Not The Other Chairman
Well it's been a funny old weekend. Firstly my offer to discuss the Trust with supporter has fallen on barren ground then out of the blue his alter ego, fan, makes an appearance. Rather than go through the whole courtship thing again I will make you the same offer. Contact me,we can arrange to meet and I will tell you all you want to know about about the Rangers money and how it has been spent. You or supporter are then at liberty to post any detail or opinion you have of me or the Trust on AFTN.
If dissatisfied it will give you the opportunity to gather support and carry out your own campaign for the truth.

My understanding is more people are interested in this takeover carry on than the trust at the moment.
Still, feel free to carry on if it makes you feel important.

Ya ken
Not The Other Chairman

My understanding is more people are interested in this takeover carry on than the trust at the moment.

My understanding is that certain people who may, or may not pay the grand sum of £13, or less to watch East Fife, are getting carried away with themselves, if they think that people who have invested considerable sums of money as shareholders, are under an obligation to explain to them what they do with their money? For some weird reason, those certain people also seem to think they actually own the club because of the £13 (or less) entry fee to games. They also think fan ownership is the only way forward, at the same time as demanding prices are lowered, subsidised busses should be laid on, all and sundry should get in for free etc, etc, etc.

Tell me one of you, how can the fans possibly become owners of the club? Where is the money coming from, if the likes of Ya ken, says not many fans are interested in the trust, which to me, seems to be the only way that fan ownership can become a reality?

Confused
Ya ken
Not The Other Chairman

My understanding is that certain people who may, or may not pay the grand sum of £13, or less to watch East Fife, are getting carried away with themselves, if they think that people who have invested considerable sums of money as shareholders, are under an obligation to explain to them what they do with their money? For some weird reason, those certain people also seem to think they actually own the club because of the £13 (or less) entry fee to games. They also think fan ownership is the only way forward, at the same time as demanding prices are lowered, subsidised busses should be laid on, all and sundry should get in for free etc, etc, etc.

Tell me one of you, how can the fans possibly become owners of the club? Where is the money coming from, if the likes of Ya ken, says not many fans are interested in the trust, which to me, seems to be the only way that fan ownership can become a reality?

You should WANT to tell fans how the finances are doing at the club ??

You should WANT more fans to be interested in investing at club
All this cloak and dagger that goes on, would put me off ever investing significant sums

Surely the ultimate goal of a modern day football club is to be self-sufficient.

As I have said previously I am not going to attempt to justify the Trust's performance or explain what we are trying to achieve through this forum.
A few posters who are not Trust members have bleated on for weeks about what the Trust, and me in particular, hasn't done or has done badly. I have offered to meet two of them to discuss the Trust and if they are not happy with what they hear they will no doubt be keen to take action and change how the Trust is led.
Confused has given an accurate description of some of the posters on the forum and asked a pertinent question about how fan participation can be achieved.
Supporter,fan,surely it is worth a bit of effort to meet and pass on your ideas on what the Trust should be doing to achieve it's objectives.

Not The Other Chairman
I have offered to meet two of them to discuss the Trust and if they are not happy with what they hear they will no doubt be keen to take action and change how the Trust is led.

Why meet you? This has been going on for years. You're not going to change.
The best way to change the way the trust is led is for you to step aside and let one of your colleagues take over.
Or maybe there is no point. Maybe it is already too late.

Not much more to be said then. I will continue to try and do something you will continue your anonymous bleating and do nothing.

What's the Trust stance on this rumoured takeover ? Do you want it to happen ?

I'm hearing Rankine will remain majority shareholder of East Fife, regardless ?

I recall that there is something in the trust's constitution that it must respond to all rumours within 12 hours of the rumour surfacing.

Did we ever get the trust's position on the moon landings?

Noisy crossbar
I recall that there is something in the trust's constitution that it must respond to all rumours within 12 hours of the rumour surfacing.

I`m still waiting!

The moon landings never happened (when they said they did). Fact!

Why the fuck does every new post denigrate to this,I for one am sick to death of this squabble between Supporter and Trust.Alan please just ignore this so called Supporter as he seems to get his rocks off every time you respond to his harassment.

FFS
Why the fuck does every new post denigrate to this,I for one am sick to death of this squabble between Supporter and Trust.Alan please just ignore this so called Supporter as he seems to get his rocks off every time you respond to his harassment.

There are legitimate questions to be asked regard the club ownership, distribution of shares and who really pulls the strings at East Fife. It is important that these are answered as the rumoured takeover may or may not have a big bearing on this. Until there is greater transparency on these issues then it is only right that the questions continue.

Why is the ownership of the club always surrounded in secrecy? When is somebody going to come clean about this proposed takeover and how this will this affect the shareholding?

I have been told that there will be an announcement this week. There are a few things to sort out before it can be formally announced. There is plenty of things going on behind the scenes. Just give it a little time.

St Pauli Fifer
What's the Trust stance on this rumoured takeover ? Do you want it to happen ?

I'm hearing Rankine will remain majority shareholder of East Fife, regardless ?

SPF, I can't believe you asked a question like that !
It's rumoured that the Trust are undecided on the rumoured takeover which can't be a takeover if the majority shareholder remains the majority shareholder.

Personally I will have no opinion until I know that there will be a change of ownership,who the new owners are and what their objectives for the club are.
All I have ever wanted is for EFFC to be run by someone who cares about the club and it's development as a football/community club. What we currently have is a minder for someone with no interst in EFFC as a football club.

From what I understand it is the intention of the new controllers of the club to be as transparent as possible. I am sure that one of the first things that will be done will an open meeting to introduce the people responsible & what their roles will be. There will be huge changes but the ultimately these will be good for the club & at the end of the day that is all that matters. Once the official announcement is made then things will move very quickly.

Grim Reaper
FFS

There are legitimate questions to be asked regard the club ownership, distribution of shares and who really pulls the strings at East Fife. It is important that these are answered as the rumoured takeover may or may not have a big bearing on this. Until there is greater transparency on these issues then it is only right that the questions continue.

Why is the ownership of the club always surrounded in secrecy? When is somebody going to come clean about this proposed takeover and how this will this affect the shareholding?

The people who own the shares, own part of the club. The more shares one owns, the larger part of the club one owns. The largest shareholder has more power than those with less shares have less power, unless they join with others to gain a majority stake, which may not be possible if the largest shareholder owns more than 50% of the shares.

There is no secrecy on who owns shares, all you need to do is pay a small sum to get the information online. The secrecy of take over developments may be at the request of the buyers, why blame the potential sellers?

Brannigans. You heard it here first.

What! That its a pub in Leven? Already knew that thank you! ;-)

More to do with the owner of brannigans...

Aye I know who that is too!

No wonder people told us not to be excited. Yawn.

Tetra
There is no secrecy on who owns shares, all you need to do is pay a small sum to get the information online.

Do you honestly believe that the information available online provides the answer to this question? A series of names with a c/o address for a lawyer or an accountant or whoever it is? Come on, they are making a mug of you if you are prepared to accept that.

So is it lee Murray or Brian McNeill or both or none ??

Twilight zone music plays softly in the background!

supporter
Tetra
There is no secrecy on who owns shares, all you need to do is pay a small sum to get the information online.

Do you honestly believe that the information available online provides the answer to this question? A series of names with a c/o address for a lawyer or an accountant or whoever it is? Come on, they are making a mug of you if you are prepared to accept that.

How do you know that? Explain and give evidence!

Noisy crossbar

I'd heard it was a Lee Murray consortium too.

Bit worried if it is it's going to be a short term thing whilst we are in the same league as Sevco if this is the case.

But all just rumour at the moment, time will tell

What's the latest in this takeover anyone?
When is the deadline?
Its been quiet from our club all week and with 66 days to the football season starts, will this affect us signing players?
Just wondering

Tetra
supporter
Tetra

I know that because I know that, and if you looked a bit closer, you would know it too. I don't have to go into an explanation here. It's more a questions of: Why don't YOU know that?

Getting bored of all this takeover talk. Would rather Billy B got back fi doing things and being places and put a squad together for likely relegation battle next season.

supporter
Tetra
supporter
Tetra

I know that because I know that, and if you looked a bit closer, you would know it too. I don't have to go into an explanation here. It's more a questions of: Why don't YOU know that?

He's got you there tetra.

WullieBroonIsGod

Bit worried if it is it's going to be a short term thing whilst we are in the same league as Sevco if this is the case.

Is that the Rangers supporter Lee Murray with the pub in North St where the Rangers bus leaves fae,you couldnae make it up eh.

Alcozombie
WullieBroonIsGod

Is that the Rangers supporter Lee Murray with the pub in North St where the Rangers bus leaves fae,you couldnae make it up eh.

Think you'll find that its now under The Flood Inn group with Lee part owner with others such as Mr Eddie Melville.
Is Molly Malones a Rangers pub?

Alcopop
Alcozombie
WullieBroonIsGod

Think you'll find that its now under The Flood Inn group with Lee part owner with others such as Mr Eddie Melville.
Is Molly Malones a Rangers pub?

He is a life long Rangers supporter,FACT.
What does it matter about Molly Malones, McPhails is his #1 pub, where the Rangers bus leaves fae,FACT.

what does it matter who he supports? Wouldn't you like someone local and someone willing to invest or would you like him to stand aside so you can invest yourself? what is your point?

Alcopop
what does it matter who he supports? Wouldn't you like someone local and someone willing to invest or would you like him to stand aside so you can invest yourself? what is your point?

Of course somebody local and willing to invest would be great,just stating facts that i think should be known.
If he was a lifelong Raith fan im sure all E.F. fans would like to know that in advance and they would be o.k. with that,yes.

Alcopoop
Alcopop

Of course somebody local and willing to invest would be great,just stating facts that i think should be known.
If he was a lifelong Raith fan im sure all E.F. fans would like to know that in advance and they would be o.k. with that,yes.

I cant remember mass boycotts when Wullie Gray pumped his money in can you? or where you to busy watching the buses pull away in North St.

Why the mention of mass boycotts.?
And its, were too and bus.

hotshovel
Why the mention of mass boycotts.?
And its were, too and bus.

you don't need a . before a ? (boycotts.?)

Im a East Fife supporter and also a big Celtic and Everton fan,does this mean if I win the lottery I would not be able to invest my millions in the Fifers

O.K.

Noisy crossbar
supporter
Tetra
supporter
Tetra

He's got you there tetra.

I know that the names are against the shareholders. Maybe I missed that some are held under a lawyers/accountants/whoever name, but I did read that the major shareholders are clearly identified. FYI, some shareholders are deceased!

Please could you advise me of the names of the lawyers/accountants/whoever, so I can see for myself? Thank you in advance for supplying the information.

FFS
Im a East Fife supporter and also a big Celtic and Everton fan,does this mean if I win the lottery I would not be able to invest my millions in the Fifers

I'm ok with people supporting an English club in addition to the Fife (I do, and for a good reason) but never another team in your own country. That's just wrong. I have no conflict of interest in any game East Fife play but what about you if we draw Celtic in the cup? Would we just be your 'wee' team?

Do rangers fans have a "big team" - Celtic would probably be a good fit if they were looking for one.

I said that I was a East Fife supporter and a Celtic fan so draw your own conclusions

I really couldn't care less who the new owners support or supported as long as all they care about when they do takeover is doing their best for East Fife and making us a club to be proud of again.

Where are all these local businessmen with money who have supported East Fife for years? We'd have had them at the club already if they existed. Wait for that and we'll be dead and buried in Scottish league football.

What we need more than anything right now is ambition, sound management and people on the board with proven business acumen and contacts within the local community who want to see East Fife important in the local community once again.

Give me that and I'll be a happy man.

Confused
Ya ken
Not The Other Chairman

No fans no club, simple. Football without fans is nothing.

Sid Confirms in the courier that Brian McNeil is looking to take over the club but no offer has yet been made.

Tetra
Please could you advise me of the names of the lawyers/accountants/whoever, so I can see for myself? Thank you in advance for supplying the information.

Yes I could, but no I won't. If you are interested enough, you will find this information easily.

Ah well, Another step closer... *tick*tock*, Bye, bye Broony.

supporter
Tetra

Yes I could, but no I won't. If you are interested enough, you will find this information easily.

Ye're jist a blether mate! Another one who posts and suggests this and that, but never come up with any concrete facts. I know that you are basically lying pal, sorry.

I knew someone like that but he never writes to me any more.

Tetra
Ye're jist a blether mate! Another one who posts and suggests this and that, but never come up with any concrete facts. I know that you are basically lying pal, sorry.

I really don't care what you think, makes no difference to me or to the reality of the situation. I was just disappointed that an East Fife supporter is so gullible. The ownership of the club is the only issue that matters at East Fife. It is the key to every aspect of how the club has been run for the last 15 years, and to how it will be run in the future. It is very important that supporters are aware of who owns the club.
You must be new to this forum, because the ownership of the club has been explained here many times. Maybe you could try using the search facility. I can post the information you are looking for, but you really need to take responsibility for your own ignorance, and start asking a few questions rather than sitting back and waiting for information on a plate. I am not a helpdesk.