Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
sfl "show of hands today"

Pre-vote on reconstruction today was 16-13 in favour so as i'm sure we all know this means it falls if repeated on 10th june.Anybody know how we voted? Any opinions on where this leaves us? My own worry is if there is a breakaway or spl2 or whatever it will be called i fear we are going to be cut adrift from the rest and will die a slow lingering death,i personally can't see why we should vote against and feel we should just get on wuth the bloody thing.

Re: sfl "show of hands today"

So do they mean the current 1st division clubs ? That is including such crowd pullers as Dumbarton, Cowden and Alloa but excluding Sevco andvDunfermline? Or will it be an invited 1st division? Either way the selfish bastards want to cut the likes of ourselves out of the loop. If that is the case then we are all fucked. But will they really go ahead without the Rangers?

As far as i can see its the current first division but you feel its just the starting point for invitations to be given to rangers,they need their tv money badly

Reconstruction will never happen never will. The sfa and sfl have had many meetings all season and look no change yet and still they have to decide on 2 june and it will never happen. I'm against it because rangers are to play second division and so are we and if they change it east fife will be in the third but that won't happen, never will.

The thing is the SPL chucked out Rangers a year ago so they are going to look pretty stupid begging them to come back now. In any case I really think they would tell them to stuff it as they have their own TV deal and there is still too much angst for any reconciliation.

Mind you Scottish fitba is in such a dire state nothing would surprise me now. What a fucking shambles.

Your right the dude person all because whyte sent sveco govan to the third the sfa or whoever hoped that changing leauges would be the best thing in scottish fitbaw but it has backfired on them since and all those meetings have been pointless what have they archieved another date? Very good. Never happen...and east fife will be heading to the blue sea of ibrox in season 2013/14 mark my words.

Spl are seemingly going to accept the div 1 teams proposal to form an Spl 2nd tier,1 up 1 down and play offs between those divisions.Only 1 up and 1 down from 2nd tier into our keague,no playoffs.I say again we are going to be left behind here,i can't understand why the lower league teams are not backing the original proposal as we surely sre not going to be anyworse off.

I'm going to guess that East Fife were one of the clubs that voted in favour of the proposals today, mainly due to the boards connections with Livingston.

It fell because the proposal means less of the SPL breakaway settlement cash will trickle down to SFL2 and 3 clubs and there will be one board rep for the two bottom leagues. Aghast at the potential loss of a shiny blazer and a free lunch the diddy teams revolted.

Scottish football needs to give it's collective heads a fucking shake.

As I wrote in the programme a few weeks back, let's just reboot and start the whole thing all over again.

One giant 42 team league for a season. All playing each other once home and away and then sort out the leagues after how that shakes out.

There's too many First Division sides who think they're Billy Bog Boots and have short memories as to where they were recently.

There's also too many 2nd and 3rd Div clubs who offer fuck all to Scottish football and are trying to hold the game by the balls.

Understandable that there's all this self interest, but it's hurting the game.

I think GoF, saying that 2 and 3rd division clubs offer little to the game is a bit harsh. Many of these do a great deal in terms of their local communties, some have good youth set-ups and compared to the so called bigger clubs run their clubs more efficiently. I take your point though regarding their contribution to the leagues themselves though. My ire is more aimed at the 1st division clubs the Billy Bog (Big?) Boots as you say. Who the fuck are Hamilton and Raith to determine the whole future of Scottish football? Both are shockingly run outfits, historically mediocre footnotes in their contribution to the game and are simply looking for a quick financial fix to keep them afloat. When they get that money I dare say they will make the same mistakes again, overspend to compete and find themselves in the same shit as before. Repeat, repeat and repeat till we all die of fucking boredom. Then we have Livingston, perennial cheats and serial rulebreakers, and Dundee who if there was any justice should have been wound up and put out of their misery a decade ago.

Tossers the lot of them. Now where's my pint?

Have a nice weekend folks

Kofi Annan Athletic
I'm going to guess that East Fife were one of the clubs that voted in favour of the proposals today, mainly due to the boards connections with Livingston.

I think you will find that our much maligned chairman Sid would be one of the ones voting against it. Despite being a bit of a dick he is standing up for the majority of lower league teams & fighting the corner for those too afraid to speak up!
The whole thing is a shambles & we should be very grateful (no matter how we achieved it!) that we are not cut adrift in the third division as I really do fear for those clubs over the next couple of years

Wall fly i fear the 2nd and 3rd are going to be cut adrift once rangers get out of them.Who will want to sponsor those divisions?The 1 up 1 down is effectively shutting the top 2 leagues.

?
Wall fly i fear the 2nd and 3rd are going to be cut adrift once rangers get out of them.Who will want to sponsor those divisions?The 1 up 1 down is effectively shutting the top 2 leagues.

This is a possibility. The money-grabbers only have to wait a year for Rangers. The First Division clubs can say that there will be reconstruction at the end of this coming season, and then walk off - with Rangers.

I don't think it is right to presume East Fife voted with the First Division clubs. It was only last week that Sid Collumbine was in the papers saying that the First Division clubs are being greedy and are not offering a penny to the Second and Third Division clubs. So much for a "42-club solution". It's a lie.

GoF says too many Second and Third Division clubs offer nothing to Scottish football. I fear that most outsiders would look at us and include us in that category. In the past ten years, how many player have started out at Bayview and gone on to a higher level? Paul McManus and Steve Ferguson joined and moved on from East Fife more than ten years ago. We picked up Kenny Deuchar and Ryan Wallace when they were down on their luck, but they were not players we reared or discovered, they had been at full-time clubs before arriving at Bayview. Nor have any of our managers gone on to bigger and better things in that time. Maybe the takeover will change all that. Let's hope so.

2nd and 3rd division clubs suposedly meeting next week,in my opinion hopefully they'll realise that they sre staring intothe abyss if they allow the 1st to go and vote this thing through and lets get on with it.

Yeah! GOF's got the right idea.
42 home and away and sort it out.
Money will talk but is it ever so.