Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
pre-season friendlies 2013-14

Does anyone know who we will be playing next? I guess there's no pre-seasons tour like few seasons ago in durham and nothern ireland.

Re: pre-season friendlies 2013-14

The Highland tour was the best.

Jim Corstorphine cannot remember the Keith game as he never left the social club bar.
I may be wrong! Word was that he looked out of the window at one stage (second half?) and said "Fuck it!"

Not sure what he was referring to.

Fadi the Fifer

Jim Corstorphine cannot remember the Keith game as he never left the social club bar.
I may be wrong! Word was that he looked out of the window at one stage (second half?) and said "Fuck it!"

A passing sheep probably

The Dude
Fadi the Fifer

A passing sheep probably

Well it looks like east fife vs sheff united in July

Colin
Well it looks like east fife vs sheff united in July

How do you know that? Nothing to appear about our next game on website...who else we got, morecambe I bet
Hope by then we have a player in the squad or its down to youths that's if we have any of them too, good luck.

No got it not right rovers are playing them

Aye, didn't think we'd get such good opponents. No doubt it'll be a Hibs XI, Falkirk 'A' and a Spartans bounce game as usual.

We might give dunfermline a pratice game in july on the build up to second division football after all it be our own youths against theirs with the odd craig dargo and john potter playing for them. Why not be such a exprienece for our lads in the end? bb walks out smiling, great.

Can we not get
Raith vs east fife
Dundee vs east fife
East fife vs Newport country
East fife vs rothanham

don't want basil ,they would easily outfox us

Well we can't get Rotherham cos they have 10 games to play
Doubt we get Raith and Dundee away or Newport country
East fife vs Monrtose wolud be good

Don't be too dishearted or dissapointed who we will face in pre season if there's no glamour games then ahead of the start of 2013/14 season colin. One thing is for sure we will have so many trailist playing and billy will have to assess his new squad as he knows and been places, he's just waiting on something...

Yeah mate and we have good cups to look forwed as well like the league cup

Fife cup should be our pre season. Better than playing some SPL XI anyway.

Can we not play st Johnstone like last year we did and Cowdenbeath

I would've liked the Gilvenbank trophy, tournament style weekend we had at Bayview a few seasons back involving Dundee,Raith and Southend

a game against cowden would sound good to fans since their in division one and the idea about a tourment with those teams its upto our club to get some games in July to be sorted out soon and team.

At this rate we will be playing for the floods inn trophy against Agenda, Mcphails and Brannigans

Colin Hickman
Oxford United F.C. Will play Alloa Berwick and east fife I heard
Just now

Not according to their website we aren't!!!

No we're not

And looking at their fixture list on the same page I don't see where we would fit in???

Colin

Colin Hickman
Oxford United F.C. Will play Alloa Berwick and east fife I heard
Just now
Hope it wasn't the same person who told u we were playing Sheffield and had signed Wallace? Pmsl

Yeah it's starting to be no more fun no more it's not a joke no more

Colin could get a job a for The Sun with all his rumours. Brightens up my day. Keep them coming

Coughlin said: “I am still looking to organise another four games to get us ready for the July 27 start. One of these could be our Stirlingshire Cup match where we have been drawn away at Alloa Athletic if we can get a suitable date.”

view all articles » u never no east fife could play Clyde

East fife vs hearts July 10

Can we not play like Ross country rovers Cowdenbeath Falkirk or Morton be good