Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Div Away - for sure

I have it on 100% assurance; that Div Muir will be moving on - emigrating to Canadian league.

He Waited for any kind of new offer since Jan, but no word at all?
Left to run down his contract like all of the squad. Shocking! TBH.

So an offer from Canada was too good to turn down in the face of uncertainty here.
Who can blame him?

How can we let this happen?
He probably won't be the last.

His effort and performance in the last 4 games in particular will never be forgotten

Shocking its come to this, but thanks Div for all the years of commitment.
You will go down as one of the modern day legends.

Re: Div Away - for sure

If it's the case that he wanted to stay with East Fife but we just never offered him a contract, that's a pretty horrendous blunder by the club. He really should have been one of the players we were looking to hold onto.

But it sounds like a great oppertunity for Div and I hope he does well over there. The two highlights of the past 5 years have been the win at Pittodrie and the play-offs. Div Muir was utterly outstanding in both and I'm pretty gutted to see him go.

Good luck Div.

Don't know about anyone else but if i had a choice of methil or canada regardless of a contract offer i'd go especially if iwas his age and single.Feel this is yet another thread to bash the club,get ready for the moaners yawn yawn

?
Don't know about anyone else but if i had a choice of methil or canada regardless of a contract offer i'd go especially if iwas his age and single.Feel this is yet another thread to bash the club,get ready for the moaners yawn yawn

Exactly...working as a sales assistant in the Kingdom Centre and part time with EF....or an exciting venture to Canada???

It takes a bit longer than 5 months to organise emigration so Div must have been planning this for a while! Good luck to him he's a top bloke

It's not true he will stay at east fife and he won't go there

He's better away from East Fife. The way the club is being run at present am surprised anybody would want to stay. The current situation is a slap in the puss to the players and supporters.

DPH
He's better away from East Fife. The way the club is being run at present am surprised anybody would want to stay. The current situation is a slap in the puss to the players and supporters.

FFS Give it a risk. Perhaps you would like to be in Dunfermline's position? If you havent got anything constructive to say then why bother?

DPH

More like the way the some supporters slag the players off and Div was a target by some, it is a wonder why any player would want to stay. Short memories some of you.

He may post and say goodbye, but maybe not as its not in his character.
But I can tell you, he loved his 6 years at EF, and wore the Black and Gold with Pride, especially as Captain.
He has been planning it for while, but put 110% into keeping us up, which says a lot for the boy.
Going to miss him big time.

would like to wish div all the best in Canada. sounds like a great opportunity. divs workrate was superb even if not having a great game he still fought for everything never letting his head drop. you could tell he loved east fife and most fife fans love him. aw the best div