Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
sevco and dungfermline games

wondering what would be best way to get tickets for both these games next season as have feeling so called fans will flood in just because of these teams.as some1 who missed maybe 2 games at home this season i will br gutted not to be able to watch these games for these " fans" that prob never stepped in to bayview stadium.Any 1 else agree?

Re: sevco and dungfermline games

Best way would be to get a season ticket.

Yes, a season ticket is the way to go. It'll work out cheaper for such a regular supporter as yourself too.

I grappled with the idea of buying one last year, but in the end, decided to be a pay at the gate. There's a lot of Saturdays when I've other commitments, and I also like spreading the money out for the club rather than one big lump. Not to mention being able to withdraw support if the owners take it in a direction I don't like.

Looks like I've got a couple of new things to consider this year. Although, those other Saturday commitments won't just go away because the game is a big one. I'll probably just do the same and accept I might miss these.

Perhaps the club might consider a voucher scheme? Pass out a voucher at home games, and offer priority for tickets to those who can produce a number of these, after ST holders, of course.

'methil milan man'

Imposter.

Season ticket holders will get in, then priority to trust and SC members. Sorted.

Tam Kite
Season ticket holders will get in, then priority to trust and SC members. Sorted.

Part time glory seeking whinging moaners before Trust and SC members surely?

Great way to attract people, old fans and new, back to Bayview, eh?
Slag them off for not going regularly when we're languishing at the wrong end of the league.
If more locals are turning up to attend, it's a good thing. End of story! They won't be there to see the part time
Pars or the Huns, they'll be there to support East Fife! Grow up!

Occasional Otter
Slag them off for not going regularly when we're languishing at the wrong end of the league.
If more locals are turning up to attend, it's a good thing. End of story! They won't be there to see the part time

The amount of members in the Trust and/or the SC is probably a lot less than the normal gate at Bayview, so giving priority those those people, will not prevent the 'new' fans getting in. It just means they will be reducing their chances of getting a ticket by not coming regularly to games.

Priority to the members of the Trust and SC, vouchers to the regulars and then on sale to anybody else. What is bad about that?

Giving regulars priority is fine. Demonising potentialy new fans is not. We need to attract peole back to Bayview and make them welcome. How will it look if we can't fill our home allocation because only the diehards show up? People need to be more temperate in their language. We're in the grip of a recession, we need every penny we can get from these part time so-called "fans".

Trust member, SC member and regular at Bayview.
Occasional Otter

The amount of members in the Trust and/or the SC is probably a lot less than the normal gate at Bayview, so giving priority those those people, will not prevent the 'new' fans getting in. It just means they will be reducing their chances of getting a ticket by not coming regularly to games.

Priority to the members of the Trust and SC, vouchers to the regulars and then on sale to anybody else. What is bad about that?

Like this.

Occasional Otter

The limited capacity of the ground was always going to come back and haunt us one day and that day is now upon us. The new owners should make it a priority to increase capacity as a matter of urgency. Everyone who wants to see these games then could.

Simple really.

The Dude
Occasional Otter

The limited capacity of the ground was always going to come back and haunt us one day and that day is now upon us. The new owners should make it a priority to increase capacity as a matter of urgency. Everyone who wants to see these games then could.

Simple really.

Yes, but the poster above (Occ Otter) is making out that by giving the regulars first option, it is going to put off others from going to the big games, which is not the case. If they were thinking about coming back regularly, then getting priority for these big games would probably be a be a plus for them too and might encourage them to come more often knowing they would not miss out on the big games. The club would only be looking after their core support, which surely is a good thing?

On the size of the present ground, would it make good financial sense to increase the capacity for only for 4 x games this season, when we normally only get 500 (now), but possibly 800 if we were challenging for the league/play offs in all the other games? I reckon it would only be worth (just) doing that if we got promoted to the 1st division, unless we got some decent additional, financial backing.

The Dude
Occasional Otter

Simple really.

Yes, but the poster above (Occ Otter) is making out that by giving the regulars first option, it is going to put off others from going to the big games, which is not the case. If they were thinking about coming back regularly, then getting priority for these big games would probably be a be a plus for them too and might encourage them to come more often knowing they would not miss out on the big games. The club would only be looking after their core support, which surely is a good thing?

On the size of the present ground, would it make good financial sense to increase the capacity for only for 4 x games this season, when we normally only get 500 (now), but possibly 800 if we were challenging for the league/play offs in all the other games? I reckon it would only be worth (just) doing that if we got promoted to the 1st division, unless we got some decent additional, financial backing.

Are you an economist in the employ of the World Bank?
I like this thinking. It makes sense to me.
Numpties -what do you think?
Let the kids, pensioners, students and every other socially disadvantaged group in for free and the rest of us will pay over the odds to subsidise?

If you build it, they will come

Ehh.. No I'm no!
I'm merely objecting to the unwelcoming and derogatory language used to describe FELLOW EAST FIFE FANS, who, for whatever reason do not manage to attend Bayview regularly. They are still East Fife fans, and we still need them.

Be nice! That is all.

Occasional Otter

Ehh.. No I'm no!
I'm merely objecting to the unwelcoming and derogatory language used to describe FELLOW EAST FIFE FANS, who, for whatever reason do not manage to attend Bayview regularly. They are still East Fife fans, and we still need them.

Be nice! That is all.

Good point. The main thing to avoid is allowing local Sevconians access to the home section. We need to be strict about this. An attractive season ticket deal and a voucher system in place. 1,500 hundred home tickets and 400 away.

the way you are going calling rangers sevco, bigots ,huns, newco etc the rangers fans can easily call a boycot on the game just watch what you are doing

jack thomson
the way you are going calling rangers sevco, bigots ,huns, newco etc the rangers fans can easily call a boycot on the game just watch what you are doing

Ha, ha, the truth hurts eh?

Fortunately there will always be more than enough glory seeking sheep to fleece so I shouldn't worry.

Chickens being counted on this thread eh? Sevco and the Pars are by no means out of the shite yet. The budget for this year should be based on what we pulled through the gate and commercial activity last year plus the few extra Zombie Airdire fans that may attend. Anything else is a bonus.

We might need to have Yosser Hughes and co on speed dial to put the pitchside barriers in or alternately get Peterheads temporary stand if these clubs are able to fulfill their fixtures. Dont think they will be needing it for the Albion Rovers fans visiting next season.

I think if you take your stance re. Sevco and Dunfermline Sparky then your are giving the club an excuse not to do anything regarding increasing the stadium capacity. And given East Fife's hopeless record on forward thinking, being proactive on anything then you just know nothing will be in place for next season. There are barely two months till the start of next season and yet we have heard nothing more on this rumoured takeover, no players have been signed and nothing has yet been done to meet the expected demand for certain matches (and you can bet we'll have one or the other of the two above at home in the first few weeks of the season).

I understand that league reconstruction talks may be getting in the way of things but this went on this time last year and we were caught out badly when the season actually started. Surely we won't be so dumb to let this happen again on what will be a big season for the club? I'm pretty sure we will be playing Sevco and the Pars next season and we have just got to get on with that assumption and plan accordingly.

We all know it is likely we will be relegated next season or come pretty close just like this season. Best player is away and Billy Brown is still in charge. Do we need a bigger ground for another relegation fight season and probably third division in a years time.

Realistic
We all know it is likely we will be relegated next season or come pretty close just like this season. Best player is away and Billy Brown is still in charge. Do we need a bigger ground for another relegation fight season and probably third division in a years time.

So lets not do anything to build up the club, and facilitate bigger gates and more money...
cos we might get relegated?!

Well if that's your attitude, don't bother coming back.

Realistic

Yeah we need bigger capacity so that more people can get in to boo and moan. The one thing this club lacks is booers and moaners.

Grim Reaper
I think if you take your stance re. Sevco and Dunfermline Sparky then your are giving the club an excuse not to do anything regarding increasing the stadium capacity. And given East Fife's hopeless record on forward thinking, being proactive on anything then you just know nothing will be in place for next season. There are barely two months till the start of next season and yet we have heard nothing more on this rumoured takeover, no players have been signed and nothing has yet been done to meet the expected demand for certain matches (and you can bet we'll have one or the other of the two above at home in the first few weeks of the season).

I understand that league reconstruction talks may be getting in the way of things but this went on this time last year and we were caught out badly when the season actually started. Surely we won't be so dumb to let this happen again on what will be a big season for the club? I'm pretty sure we will be playing Sevco and the Pars next season and we have just got to get on with that assumption and plan accordingly.

Barely 2 months until the start of next season? Let's see, that means after the play offs, there was barely 2 months + 1 week until the start of next season, correct? So you are saying that in that + 1 week, everything should be decided on, because there won't be time to do anything in 2 months? Is a week in May longer than June & July combined?

Give the club a break for christs sake, there are rumoured takeovers of the club, the reconstruction issues and the 2012-2013 season has only been finished for 1 week, yet you are calling for action? I just cannot believe your naivety when it comes to financial matters. Would you spend loads of money on your house, if you were going to sell it in a few weeks?

You mean trust us, we know what we're doing, we're the East Fife Board?

Oh you're a card. It's the way you tell 'em!

Grim Reaper
You mean trust us, we know what we're doing, we're the East Fife Board?

Oh you're a card. It's the way you tell 'em!

Ye cannae help yourself, can ye? You just have to heap blame on everything East Fife, hence the username..

jack thomson

So the club have fans that wave so called union jacks and have links with linfield in nothern ireland, and still the club have fans that play nonsese sectarism cd about the auld rangers before green and whyte came to power, they should of died like gretna and clydebank...and take a walk doon the m8 playing the flute enough said f**k yer old firm.

And even more so I'll probably have to sit with a few on the bus to leven fae glasgow when they come to bayview, bring it on...