Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Players ???

I have heard that a old face is returning to bayview again I hope it's true and also who has resigned from last season squad ?

Re: Players ???

Yes!!! Arnold Dwarika is coming back!!

Heard from a few players that a few have been told there wanted fir next season but billy brown couldn't do anything as new regime coming in so quicker this gets sorted the better

Who is the old face?

Cr
Who is the old face?
y

Jonathan Smart ???????

It wont be Billy Brown making anymore signings.
Rumours that Ryan Wallace along with a number of other really decent players will arrive within 2 weeks.

Agree about Billy Brown but can't see Ryan Wallace returning although I'd be delighted to be proved wrong !

Chinese whispers.
Definitely not Billy Brown though. Younger man with ambition, wants to work and
will not be the big I am.

Not again
Chinese whispers.
Definitely not Billy Brown though. Younger man with ambition, wants to work and
will not be the big I am.

No Billy Broon?

You're only saying that to make my day.

Just seen Christian Daily leaving Edinburgh airport in a taxi taking him to new Bayview.

I asked him if he was going to take us to the SPL and he said........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ yes

Did you not buy a copy of the Christian Daily in Arbroath once?

What's chris inness who had a trial for us doing these days?
Lee mair would be a good coup after he was released by st mirren, was he not at bayview onloan in season 1999-2000.

It`s all happening down Bayview this morning. Managed to catch a sight of a few known faces.

Dog Walker
It`s all happening down Bayview this morning. Managed to catch a sight of a few known faces.

such as ?

Can we not sign some RAITH player like walker and the Berwick rangers goalkeeper

Think the berwick goalkeeper was on loan from dundee united

Be worth a shout to bring him to methil from united, don't think he or antell can get games every week ahead of ben williams and sean murdoch at hibs and the two goalkeepers from european countries at tannadice...be a hard struggle through but saying that ridgers who we had went back to hearts and made the bench as understudy to macdonald all season.

Still we all wait to see who we sign with all this talking of takeover happening too, we still look like a club that's in desprate need of players come the start of pre season training this time round, I hope we aren't like last pre season and we signed those left overs by other clubs and one from juniors and a player that needed his visa comfirmed to play in the leauge.

Realistically with our money earned last year we should have more money than most clubs in this league obviously minus the rangers, Alloa were able to sign older players like young from Aberdeen last year so surely we should be aw to attract a bit better type of player. So who would u like the fife to sign this season?? I'd like us to try sign Darren Dodds he has been released from Falkirk and/or John Mbu been told he is available from Cowdenbeath might not be best 2 in the world but neither loses in the air

Darren dodds from falkirk - has exprience playing in the spl and first division.
Lee mair from st mirren - defender had a loan spell with us once upon time also provides exprience at centre back and can play left back.
Iain flannigan - the winger was released by falkirk and started his carrer with killie.
Darren barr - out of contract at hearts and would be class signing for us.
David weatherson - striker would be good for part time clubs and was released by fallkirk
Scott arfield - the winger was great at falkirk but sadly was released by english side huddersfield.
Joe hamill - midfielder has exprience in playing first division football for raith and livi but has been released by the rovers.
Robert thomson - striker who is 20 years old played for dundee united at youth level but farmed out to alloa last season, was released.
Ryan donnelly - striker who was at airdrie scored many goals but he had a dissapointed season in the first, wigan almost signed him but was released by club.
Grant adam - goalie who is the brother of charlie adam was released by st mirren, also had a spell with airdrie.
Graeme carey - the former celtic youth and irish man was released by st mirren too.
Gregor fotheringham - has been released by rangers youths, was onloan with forfar.
Joe mbu - centre back was with cowden but was released, but is he not signing for stenhouisemuir?
Gary brady - midfielder has exprience at spl level, was with brechin and was ace at bayview against us last season but has been released.
Would take either willis permantely or rangers kyle hutton to replace muir.
Andy kirk would be amazing signing, he was released by dunfermline. He has been training with alloa but is looking for new club.
Mark mccallum who was at berwick as goalie and onloan from dundee united so i herd.
Other released players are ross mccord, martin grehan, mark docherty, michael andrews, armand one, robert love, barryrussell and sam parkin.

sport talk 5005
Darren dodds from falkirk - has exprience playing in the spl and first division.
Lee mair from st mirren - defender had a loan spell with us once upon time also provides exprience at centre back and can play left back.
Iain flannigan - the winger was released by falkirk and started his carrer with killie.
David weatherson - striker would be good for part time clubs and was released by fallkirk
Scott arfield - the winger was great at falkirk but sadly was released by english side huddersfield.
Joe hamill - midfielder has exprience in playing first division football for raith and livi but has been released by the rovers.
Robert thomson - striker who is 20 years old played for dundee united at youth level but farmed out to alloa last season, was released.
Ryan donnelly - striker who was at airdrie scored many goals but he had a dissapointed season in the first, wigan almost signed him but was released by club.
Grant adam - goalie who is the brother of charlie adam was released by st mirren, also had a spell with airdrie.
Graeme carey - the former celtic youth and irish man was released by st mirren too.
Gregor fotheringham - has been released by rangers youths, was onloan with forfar.
Joe mbu - centre back was with cowden but was released, but is he not signing for stenhousemuir?
Gary brady - midfielder has exprience at spl level, was with brechin and was ace at bayview against us last season but has been released.
Andy kirk would be amazing signing, he was released by dunfermline.
Mark mccallum who was at berwick.

Dream on guys. Not one of these players will be at East Fife this season. Takeover gossip has grown arms and legs and it will be very much players that fit into the budget which isn`t very much. Survival in the 2nd division would be a major achievement.

DLA
sport talk 5005
Joe mbu - centre back was with cowden but was released, but is he not signing for stenhousemuir?
Andy kirk would be amazing signing, he was released by dunfermline.
Mark mccallum who was at berwick.

Dream on guys. Not one of these players will be at East Fife this season. Takeover gossip has grown arms and legs and it will be very much players that fit into the budget which isn`t very much. Survival in the 2nd division would be a major achievement.

You sound pretty negative, thanks yet the season hasn't kicked off...65 days to go!

Sport Talk sounds like a young guy who has cheated on football manager.

Buko Boy
Sport Talk sounds like a young guy who has cheated on football manager.

I have only played that game on pc months ago not got new version as you need codes and really its for people that's lazy and got nothing else to do than sit on pc playing games, reality is more what I do best and I get my information by scouting on line and I am young but only 20 so makes me a adult and don't live in the area anymore and I am close friend to your cambuslang fifer who is hendry ireland who supports your club through thick or thin so there, your bubble has burst haha.

I reckon you are cambuslang fifer

I am cambuslang fifer, hello? you seem confused lol

The rumours in Edinburgh are that Willie Aitchinson will be taking over as manager / coach.

Have heard that too but who is he ? Unlikely to attract quality players I would think

If it's the same one then it's a former academy coach at Hearts.

Or Lee Trevino's former caddy!

http://www.snspix.com/1903213/print/1903213.html

East Neuker
The rumours in Edinburgh are that Willie Aitchinson will be taking over as manager / coach.

Well I heard it was my uncle, Tom Cobley, that was taking over.

Any news/rumours on PLAYERS ?

I was speaking to Billy Wallace Ryans dad,he said Ryan has onother year left in his contract with Dunfermline and wont be back at the fife next season,but you never know in the future Ryan said he loved his time at the fife and the supporters,but wanted full time football.

He is a very friendly with ex Hearts manager Paulo Sergio,maybe a chance of some foreign players playing for us at Bayview.

East Neuker
He is a very friendly with ex Hearts manager Paulo Sergio,maybe a chance of some foreign players playing for us at Bayview.
Who is?

Yes Ryan wallace has been at bayview for a medical
Like · and has sign best news get in there

Colin
How do u know this?

Colin

He is still under contract at dunfermline?

Effc
Colin
How do u know this?

Some people are so gullible. Obviously a load of rubbish

Methilmadman
I have heard that a old face is returning to bayview again I hope it's true and also who has resigned from last season squad ?

I hope it's hislop. We really missed him last year.

We have sign Ryan Wallse from pars he sign today and its true welcome back to east fife

Colin
We have sign Ryan Wallse from pars he sign today and its true welcome back to east fife
idiot

Who told you this?, think someone may be winding you up.

Yep they where just jokeing me on I ask Ryan and he said its not true so there we go its not cool

We must be the only team in Scotland without a single player signed up.

Don't fret plans to unfold yet !

I believe we have signed up Stoney.

Then why no post on the official site?

That's true mate they shound post it on the webpage

Don't worry about a thing cause every little thing will be alright .

Noisy crossbar
Methilmadman

In my opinion he is the worst player this century to wear a Fife shirt. I do love a striker that cant score, will go out their way to fall out with loyal fans and are a disaster in the dressing room. Ah but, "he's such a nice guy". No, he's an idiot that may have mental health issues. Actually, I'm rather gutted that I'm wasting time commenting on this penis of a human, I've let myself down.

Does anyone know why Jamie pollock left the club?

Coonsil Tax Payer
Noisy crossbar
Methilmadman

In my opinion he is the worst player this century to wear a Fife shirt. I do love a striker that cant score, will go out their way to fall out with loyal fans and are a disaster in the dressing room. Ah but, "he's such a nice guy". No, he's an idiot that may have mental health issues. Actually, I'm rather gutted that I'm wasting time commenting on this penis of a human, I've let myself down.

But without hislop, would Ryan Wallace have been the player he was? It's a pity he never got the chance to become player manager because I think someone with his experience is what we've been needing at times.

I have to agree with NC. His banter was misunderstood, he never gave less than 100% and we could have done with some of his goals last season.

Not The Other Chairman
I have to agree with NC. His banter was misunderstood, he never gave less than 100% and we could have done with some of his goals last season.

His goals?!!!! Good one NTOC!!! Needed a laugh!

Steven Hislop's time at Bayview would benefit from more objective scrutiny. His first season often found him turning out while not fully match fit. The following season he was used as a target man for Ryan Wallace to play off.
Ask Ryan Wallace about the biggest influence on his game during his time at the club.

Why does Hislop still get mentioned on here? I thought he was a poor player and would have forgotten about him by now, a few people liked him and that's fair enough, but FFS there's about a million more important things for fans to worry about than how good or shite an ex player in his late 30s was. Let's all argue about where we should play Goran Stanic while we're at it.

Bobby barr said on twitter he's not heard from club since the play offs and he's had a few offers.

Ef
Bobby barr said on twitter he's not heard from club since the play offs and he's had a few offers.

All the players haven't heard anything not even a text to say well done on staying up. That for me shows lack of respect for the players and I wouldn't be surprised if any of them tell the club to jump if they want them to stay. No one would want to come to eastfifefc if they knew half of what goes on behind closed doors quote from a player.

Friend
Ef

All the players haven't heard anything not even a text to say well done on staying up. That for me shows lack of respect for the players and I wouldn't be surprised if any of them tell the club to jump if they want them to stay. No one would want to come to eastfifefc if they knew half of what goes on behind closed doors quote from a player.

Aye.. and what player would that be then? BTW, you forgot to say FACT.

Friend
Ef

Well what do they want? A medal for coming 2nd bottom and staying in a poor standard league by the skin of our teeth? Get it in perspective.

Hopefully the behind closed doors nonsense you refer to will be a thing of the past soon when this excuse of a Board are removed. Hopefully also we'll have a manager that publicly supports his players though if they want to jump ship then let them get on with it. i think they'll find though there won't exactly be an long queue of other clubs desperate for their signatures.

Coonsil Tax Payer
Noisy crossbar
Methilmadman

My friend. Your post is proof that BB was right to rant at the stand. Really bad taste and uncalled for slander of an ex East Fife player. You sound like you actually hate the guy, mymymy.