Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
takeover pt2

Now that hahaha's rumour has proved true consider how a takeover can be achieved. As I see it this can only be done if, as was suggested some time ago, Rankine is willing to sell his majority shareholding. Hopefully this is the case as we need shareholders who have the interests of the club at heart and not some absentee owner who is only in for what he can get out of it.

As for Collumbine who said

If they can prove they can take East Fife forward, I would have no objections. I am 72 years old after all but if they can’t prove that then we would view their bid as hostile.

He will do as he is told by the present majority shareholder and will probably resign after the takeover. Three cheers!

Re: takeover pt2

excited?
Now that hahaha's rumour has proved true consider how a takeover can be achieved. As I see it this can only be done if, as was suggested some time ago, Rankine is willing to sell his majority shareholding. Hopefully this is the case as we need shareholders who have the interests of the club at heart and not some absentee owner who is only in for what he can get out of it.

If they can prove they can take East Fife forward, I would have no objections. I am 72 years old after all but if they can’t prove that then we would view their bid as hostile.

He will do as he is told by the present majority shareholder and will probably resign after the takeover. Three cheers!

Hope rankin goes and is true. Would be the best news I have herd and his rumors and his links with us as a football club goes away so we constrate on the future ahead. Time he focus on livi and let new owners or sid do theirs at bayview and they are in controll the club in a successful way with fans behind them.

How can neil rankin who was at dumbarton then livi but have shares with us, run three clubs in sfl leauges get away with this? Bet if malcolm murray who is the current rangers chairman invest on other clubs expamle hearts, motherwell and rangers he would be rejected so why was mr rankin not? Bet derrick "scumbag" broon is laughing his head off at mr rankin still involved at the club...oh dear but the sooner he's out the better. The other hand that's a class working people so ye canny sack him just like bb so this could take months or days or maybe years to get rid off.

Hope something happens

East Fife chairman Sid Collumbine has admitted that former director Brian McNeill is involved in moves to buy the club.

Last week, the Methil chief dismissed reports of a “business consortium” making a takeover bid.

However, he has confirmed that McNeill, who was also the club physio, has had a representative making enquiries about taking control of East Fife.

Despite that, Collumbine insists that as yet no firm offer has been tabled and as things stand, it is business as usual as the Fife side gear up for next season.

The chairman said: “Since the end of the season, loads of people have been telling me Brian McNeill and others associated with him are taking over the club.

“He resigned from the club about a month ago and he apparently has a lot of big plans. However, as yet there has been no concrete offer from him or anyone else. We have not seen any money and as far as I am concerned, I am still chairman of East Fife and the board remains in place.

“McNeill has contacted the club through an accountant to do due diligence and he has been told we want to know what his plans are sooner rather than later. However, I believe that he is on his stag do in Magaluf at the moment.

“There has been a lot of talk but few hard facts and we will need to start working to put a squad in place for next season.

“If they can prove they can take East Fife forward, I would have no objections. I am 72 years old after all but if they can’t prove that then we would view their bid as hostile.

“The board of directors at East Fife are very hard-working people and until I know differently, they and myself will be at the club next season.”

excited?

So much for my credibility going down the plug hole... Does this mean I'm going to start being liked around these parts?

As for the courier, they also talk through the same hole covered by the corduroys of Collumbine, The deal is sealed

Collumbine has got a hard neck coming out and saying anything about anything... He has been asked to leave and the quicker he does that the better, He knows nothing about the business side of what is going on and is speculating the majority of the rubbish he is telling reporters.

The only people who have been dragging this on is the current owner(s) as they have been waiting to reap the reward of the end of the financial year, now that is almost upon is the deal has been sealed but won't go through for another week or so.

Love the fact that Sid cries his eyes out at Peterhead and tells everyone he is resigning but now he tells the Courier "Until he tells us his plans I and the board will remain at the club next season".

News flash Mr Collumbine, YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

is this the same guy who last week said there had been no bid for the club? what a disgrace.

a trialist
is this the same guy who last week said there had been no bid for the club? what a disgrace.

As I said, He knows nothing about the goings on regarding the business side, He needs to just keep his mouth shut.

Hahaha
a trialist

As I said, He knows nothing about the goings on regarding the business side, He needs to just keep his mouth shut.

And Brian McNeil knows everything about business doesn`t he?

How can neil rankin who was at dumbarton then livi but have shares with us, run three clubs in sfl leauges get away with this? Bet if malcolm murray who is the current rangers chairman invest on other clubs expamle hearts, motherwell and rangers he would be rejected so why was mr rankin not? Bet derrick "scumbag" broon is laughing his head off at mr rankin still involved at the club...oh dear but the sooner he's out the better. The other hand that's a class working people so ye canny sack him just like bb so this could take months or days or maybe years to get rid off.

Hope something happens [/quote]

I agree, rankin should of been rejected by former sfa taylor when he stepped in at dumbarton as director when he had shares with us but does only spl teams get assess only in their problems no, it put dunfermline, livi and dundee in adminstration as we have seen but do they do fit to run a club test on these people and check there background history out like our chairman before brown era. Why does a club like east fife have so many people on board shoot the club down like a retirement team incharge of a pub team most seasons, the days when gray was chairman we won the leauge and I attended every game back then, I still share my exprience on from that season we had as a club and it was great. Even in 2003 when we got promoted under moffat and I started 1st year at buckhind was great as I was the ballboy that season through young fifers, was great exprience for me.
At school doing pe I got pelters for supporting east fife as many supported the two big clubs through here even when I do I take it on the chin espically glasgow.
I read about our ambitions on here and I am shock about our youth coming through and the clubs policy nowdays, I dunno if there's much talent now or raith and dunfermline have beaten us to them, I dunno but this to be address and being impress about our ladies system at ef, also my old neighbours daughter is playing with them and I'm glad she is and impressed at how liz and christene coach the girls. The whole thing is got me wanting to coach as I am now 20 and I used to play under robert cargill he's a top bloke, so I cant critize as I didnt make as a footballer for east fife one thing for sure I'm dissapointed at, ohwell I hope to see this takeover be good for the club and us fans and hopefully see a rangers side play east fife at bayview for once.

By hendry ireland
Mon the fife!

In the know
Hahaha
a trialist

I said "He knows nothing about the goings on regarding the business side", meaning the business side of East Fife, Not business in general.

It would appear however that Brian does in fact know more about the going-ons at East Fife than the current (or soon to be ex) chairman.

Hahaha
excited?

So much for my credibility going down the plug hole... Does this mean I'm going to start being liked around these parts?

Well credit where credit's due you certainly scooped everybody on this one and your discretion is admirable. I think a lot more people will like you
but please seek advice when distributing the proceeds of our first home cup game.

Baikie to return as manager next season,mark my words .

Hahaha
In the know
Hahaha
a trialist

I said "He knows nothing about the goings on regarding the business side", meaning the business side of East Fife, Not business in general.

It would appear however that Brian does in fact know more about the going-ons at East Fife than the current (or soon to be ex) chairman.

Was brian mcneil who was the club physio at bayview since the 2000 or that year. Was the guy not a member on board at the club as a director? I believe he was. Is a role as director not part of any bussiness including football? Yes its part of a club and a club is like bussiness ie so is diageo etc.
So I would guess he would know little and learn in the trade once he joins, easy its like me wanting to start coaching in football I have my strength and weakness but also have to learn.
Was collumbine not a director at dumbarton or stenny before he came to EF and then took over from gray? FACT Least mcneil has been at EF at every game since he joined the club and had a part to play in, I'm I correct?

No I didn't go on football manager! if baikie was to come back can we get craig robertson as assistant from aberdeen again, I doubt it

Not The Other Chairman
Hahaha
excited?

Well credit where credit's due you certainly scooped everybody on this one and your discretion is admirable. I think a lot more people will like you
but please seek advice when distributing the proceeds of our first home cup game.

Thank you and now I will explain why I'm disputing it... I know, I won't say how I know but I know that some of that money was spent on personal gain.

I wish I could gain access to the financial records from last year or hopefully someone with access to them can skim through them even if to double check the numbers add up as I can assure you they won't.

I would like this to be public knowledge before the culprits are gone from the club never to return.

cambuslang Fifer
Hahaha
In the know
Hahaha
a trialist

Was brian mcneil who was the club physio at bayview since the 2000 or that year. Was the guy not a member on board at the club as a director? I believe he was. Is a role as director not part of any bussiness including football? Yes its part of a club and a club is like bussiness ie so is diageo etc.
So I would guess he would know little and learn in the trade once he joins, easy its like me wanting to start coaching in football I have my strength and weakness but also have to learn.
Was collumbine not a director at dumbarton or stenny before he came to EF and then took over from gray? Least mcneil has been at EF at every game since he joined the club.

No I didn't go on football manager!

I didn't say that Brian didn't know anything about business... In fact I was shooting down claims that Collumbine knows more.

I know that Brian knows about business... He has his own business.

Golden Balls
Baikie to return as manager next season,mark my words .

You don't know that... I know you don't know that because I don't know that. lol

Hahaha
As for the courier, they also talk through the same hole covered by the corduroys of Collumbine, The deal is sealed

The only people who have been dragging this on is the current owner(s) as they have been waiting to reap the reward of the end of the financial year, now that is almost upon is the deal has been sealed but won't go through for another week or so.

What deal has been sealed? A buy-out (takeover), or a deal to run the club while the current owner retains his (or her) shareholding?

You need to be clear and up-front about what you are shouting about here, or you risk misleading people and losing their support straight away.

supporter
Hahaha

What deal has been sealed? A buy-out (takeover), or a deal to run the club while the current owner/s retain their shareholding?

You need to be clear and up-front about what you are shouting about here, or you risk misleading people and losing their support straight away.

Takeover and it has been in the pipeline for months.

Hahaha
cambuslang Fifer
Hahaha
In the know
Hahaha
a trialist

Was collumbine not a director at dumbarton or stenny before he came to EF and then took over from gray? Least mcneil has been at EF at every game since he joined the club.

No I didn't go on football manager!

I didn't say that Brian didn't know anything about business... In fact I was shooting down claims that Collumbine knows more.

I know that Brian knows about business... He has his own business.

Ok well at the age he is, I wonder that's where mr own three clubs and stevensons come in but we always had crap owners accept gray many are old and club are second best to them, ok least brian we know he loves the club.

I for one don't care what team lee supports. the main thing is he is willing to put money into the club and hopefully improve it. something which I cant say the current board has done. they have always distanced themselves from the fans and all this who owns the club questions have went on for years.
even after the Peterhead game one board member was still telling me columbine had the most shares. what a load of pish. we all know its not true.
so I for one welcome the change and I think it is also obvious that they have kept profit at times ie rangers money. one week it went on cctv the next it got invested the next week we did not have funds to pay players. is this proving a good business brain I think not.
so the sooner this goes through the better imo.

kceffc
I for one don't care what team lee supports. the main thing is he is willing to put money into the club and hopefully improve it. something which I cant say the current board has done. they have always distanced themselves from the fans and all this who owns the club questions have went on for years.
even after the Peterhead game one board member was still telling me columbine had the most shares. what a load of pish. we all know its not true.
so I for one welcome the change and I think it is also obvious that they have kept profit at times ie rangers money. one week it went on cctv the next it got invested the next week we did not have funds to pay players. is this proving a good business brain I think not.
so the sooner this goes through the better imo.

WTF is Lee? - There is no 'Lee' involved lol!

Hahaha

If you are involved in what is going on, and I am guessing that you are, then you had better be right about this being a takeover. A takeover means buying the major shareholder's shares. Buying them now, not at some time in the future, on a promise. And buying them for money. It does not mean buying the major shareholder's voting rights. That would not be a takeover.

I heard lee murray was involved in this with brian could be wrong . but since you seem to know tell us who is going to form this new board ?

supporter
Hahaha

If you are involved in what is going on, and I am guessing that you are, then you had better be right about this being a takeover. A takeover means buying the major shareholder's shares. Buying them now, not at some time in the future, on a promise. And buying them for money. It does not mean buying the major shareholder's voting rights. That would not be a takeover.

I know the difference... This is a takeover, T-A-K-E-O-V-E-R.

kceffc
I heard lee murray was involved in this with brian could be wrong . but since you seem to know tell us who is going to form this new board ?

Ah right, That's a possibility but I would like to know where you heard this as I haven't heard anything.

Can't say for sure if Lee Murray is involved or not though.

supporter
Hahaha

I hope brian or someone is reading this from you, nicely exampled that's what needed at this club...I for one hope they have money and enough to buys those for money, end this all for once and goodbye rankin, welcome to the new era at east fife and hopefully have two stands than one too.

read it on previous takeover thread and from a few people as I said may not be true.
the sooner this is done one way or the other the better. I for one am waiting to buy my season ticket and if this is definitely going to happen would rather give my money to new board not give the old board a bigger leaving present.

Hahaha
supporter
Hahaha

I know the difference... This is a takeover, T-A-K-E-O-V-E-R.

Understood. Let's hope you are right.

Me too, they've seen enough money since they were here and lost connections with fans over lack info and team success on park part from barrs wages last season. I don't blame you kceffc.
Still its a mystery who will play next season?

kceffc
read it on previous takeover thread and from a few people as I said may not be true.
the sooner this is done one way or the other the better. I for one am waiting to buy my season ticket and if this is definitely going to happen would rather give my money to new board not give the old board a bigger leaving present.

I don't blame you.

I don't see how Lee (If he was to come in) would be a bad thing, He's a good businessman and has done a lot for the community already.

It certainly wouldn't harm his local business and couldn't see how it would be bad for the club.

I agree it would be a good thing if he came on board. we are badly needing a change at the club the people mentioned will know that for this to work east fife will have to compete on the park. not saying winning leagues just having a go and not struggling.
this is all I ask as a fan.

Hahaha
kceffc

I don't blame you.

I don't see how Lee (If he was to come in) would be a bad thing, He's a good businessman and has done a lot for the community already.

It certainly wouldn't harm his local business and couldn't see how it would be bad for the club.

If you say it won't harm his business does that mean if he took over at the club, he will change his pub into a east fife only pub and cancel sending glory hunting people to ibrox from his address? And send us there instead?
He has done a lot in area or community already? Like? Tidying gardens etc

Please say?

Lee Murray was the name I heard at work today. Don't know what to believe but hopefully it will all be clear soon and we can get ready for start of season.

cambuslang Fifer
Hahaha
kceffc

I don't blame you.

If you say it won't harm his business does that mean if he took over at the club, he will change his pub into a east fife only pub and cancel sending glory hunting people to ibrox from his address? And send us there instead?

Please say?

I think that Lee's time within the community, Making it a better place for the locals through the running of his entertainment establishment speaks for itself.

I can only presume that you're a Celtic fan and don't agree with having Lee in the picture, simply because of his Rangers affiliation.

Let's not get carried away, 75% (Or there about) of lower division fans whether they like to admit it or not support an SPL team and simply support the lower division team because it is their local.

Then you have the 25% (or there about) of hardcore fans who condemn this action, But to be honest all football support starts from people supporting their local, Including your Man Utd's, Chelsea's, Arsenal's, Barcelona's, Real Madrid's...

So to condemn a man for supporting a team he chooses to support as well as his local team is ridiculous if you ask me.

I hear that Brian McNeill supports Dundee United, does that mean he should just hand back the deal?

I also hear that Craig Johnstone supports Rangers, Should we just drop him as well?

With this takeover happening and also there's a president role at the club to fill since we lost jimmy last year. RIP will that be choosen by club or jimmys family? Anyone.

I for one we should ever get a new stand or terracing name it under jimmy drysdale now since he was clubs president of the club.

sport talk 5005
With this takeover happening and also there's a president role at the club to fill since we lost jimmy last year. RIP will that be choosen by club or jimmys family? Anyone.

I for one we should ever get a new stand or terracing name it under jimmy drysdale now since he was clubs president of the club.

I agree and I'm not just saying this because the man has passed - He was a great man.

Hahaha
I also hear that Craig Johnstone supports Rangers, Should we just drop him as well?

Yes he does and no we shouldn't drop anyone that going to play a part for east fife even liam gormley who supports celtic like them both.

Same of the above post from haha, jim was a great man too.

Hahaha
Let's not get carried away, 75% (Or there about) of lower division fans whether they like to admit it or not support an SPL team and simply support the lower division team because it is their local.

This is pure pish. It leads me to a few conclusions.
1. You know very little about SFL football.
2. You know very little about the 400-500 regulars who attend Bayview.
3. You have no idea how insulting your above remark is, to the very people that the takeover will need to help pay the bills.

It is clear you are close to Lee. I would guess that you are very close to Lee indeed. Speaking hypothetically of course, if Lee is like-minded then you both have a lot to learn, very fast. The best of luck to you both.

supporter
Hahaha

3. You have no idea how insulting your above remark is, to the very people that the takeover will need to help pay the bills.

It is clear you are close to Lee. I would guess that you are very close to Lee indeed. Speaking hypothetically of course, if Lee is like-minded then you both have a lot to learn, very fast. The best of luck to you both.

I am not close to Lee at all - Nor' did I intend to offend you, You're obviously one of the die-hards and I know it may be hard for you to stomach but just because there are 400-500 regulars does not for one minute mean that none of those 400-500 regulars don't support any other team.

EVERY football teams support starts from the locals, If it wasn't for the local support no team in the world would succeed, But to turn around and say every regular supports only their local team is obscure.

Again, I apologise if i have offended you, That was never my intention.

Hahaha
EVERY football teams support starts from the locals, If it wasn't for the local support no team in the world would succeed, But to turn around and say every regular supports only their local team is obscure.

I support east fife, as it is the place I grew up in but in 2008 moved to glasgow so do I have to switch to celtic, why? I follow east fife and if the fife played at paradice park 10 mins from my house I'll enter the away end same applys going to ibrox next season.

cambuslang Fifer
Hahaha

I support east fife, as it is the place I grew up in but in 2008 moved to glasgow so do I have to switch to celtic, why? I follow east fife and if the fife played at paradice park 10 mins from my house I'll enter the away end same applys going to ibrox next season.

I also said there were die-hards, You're obviously another example of one.

Hahaha
cambuslang Fifer
Hahaha

I also said there were die-hards, You're obviously another example of one.

Oh right and correct indeed I am one of these people behind the fife. Btw good luck in bring lee to the club, hopefully you'll be like us soon and seeing people like you at bayview next season

I only support East Fife. I was only able to attend one game all season, but wouldn't dream of supporting anyone else!

Hahaha
cambuslang Fifer
Hahaha
kceffc

I don't blame you.

Please say?

I think that Lee's time within the community, Making it a better place for the locals through the running of his entertainment establishment speaks for itself.

I can only presume that you're a Celtic fan and don't agree with having Lee in the picture, simply because of his Rangers affiliation.

Then you have the 25% (or there about) of hardcore fans who condemn this action, But to be honest all football support starts from people supporting their local, Including your Man Utd's, Chelsea's, Arsenal's, Barcelona's, Real Madrid's...

So to condemn a man for supporting a team he chooses to support as well as his local team is ridiculous if you ask me.

I hear that Brian McNeill supports Dundee United, does that mean he should just hand back the deal?

This is one of the most patronising posts I have seen here for a very long time and very worrying if the author is in any way connected to what looks like being the new regime. It shows a complete misunderstanding of how clubs like East Fife can and should prosper.

There are no such people as "local supporters". Just supporters. All experience in football is that you simply cannot run one club whilst supporting another. You're either an East Fife supporter or you're not. You cannot flip-flop on this, especially if you are on the Board.

Simple question - are the proposed new owners East Fife supporters?

supporter
Hahaha

Supporter,
Personal view etc. etc. but you are 100% correct. It must be difficult to squeeze so much rubbish into a couple of lines but HaHaHa has managed it. They say a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing and HaHaHa is a dangerous thing with a little knowledge.

Hahaha
I am not close to Lee at all .

oh yes u are. if you are unable to tell the truth for whatever reason, the worst thing you can do is lie to cover up.

cambuslang Fifer

May 30, 2013 - 9:03PM

Please say?

since you have moved to cambuslang in 2008 then you might not have read any East Fife Mail's since then but most locals in this area know that Lee has giving up lots of his time and money to help families of cancer victims, raised funds for a young boy suffering from Spina Bifida etc.
i'd suggest your problem with Lee is that he likes rangers and you love the team that plays at "paradise park" as you call it.
You may only have been away from Fife for 5yrs but already you have a west coast ignorance

I think hahaha has done enough now and should really just say no more. You are causing more harm than good. it is probably best that you do not add any more. The situation has become inflamed. I have knowledge of the situation so please now just haud yer wheesht.
I can say that hahaha has no connection with the proposed takeover and is not mates with Lee Murray, just to correct an earlier post.

What is an "east fife only" pub? Black and gold attire only allowed in.

As for community involvement, this weeks east fife mail, lee's company making a four figure donation to east fife ladies

watching
Hahaha

oh yes u are. if you are unable to tell the truth for whatever reason, the worst thing you can do is lie to cover up.

Oh great, It's turned into a pantomime - "Oh no I'm not"... Believe what you will, I won't attempt to convince you otherwise.

Thanks for answer my question kenwit, thank you? Won't have known that he done that and offered the ladies a donanation. That's very good seems a nice bloke if he's done that and thanks for counting my years in staying in the west, no need to slag me for having a west coast ignorance still support the club which is east fife and have to follow this meaning aftn and checking my club online during the summer on the clubs players etc in keeping in touch with following my side but do go to every game as I can now and have relatives that kin me in methil to go to bayview every home game. I only called celtic park paradise so I don't support them never well end of, what's your point?

Ps I was only being sarcastic about a east fife only pub for us supporters about hahaha saying in his post about would be good for his bussiness. But if your going to be negative to your fellow supporters theres no point in replying to you, nae wonder this site goes downhill with fans arguing among other fans who at the end of the day care about east fife fc only.

I guess you will bottle it lol try saying it to my face in person and I will tell u I support the fife, you prob don't go to fife games and spend time slagging others.

Mon the fife!!!!!!

Hahaha
watching
Hahaha

Oh great, It's turned into a pantomime - "Oh no I'm not"... Believe what you will, I won't attempt to convince you otherwise.

One of your better decisions

Not again
I think hahaha has done enough now and should really just say no more. You are causing more harm than good. it is probably best that you do not add any more. The situation has become inflamed. I have knowledge of the situation so please now just haud yer wheesht.
I can say that hahaha has no connection with the proposed takeover and is not mates with Lee Murray, just to correct an earlier post.

u are right to try to close down hahaha but ur attempt at the end to bail him out won't fool everyone. he does 'know' lee murray and u know it too

There is certain elements to these posts that are a matter of fact, but other elements are pure nonsense. Someone has a good source but not a very good one.

There are interested parties in taking over the club and as things stand no formal offer has been made that i`m aware of.
The rest is pure speculation and best left to the club and potential buyer(s) to resolve. There is much work still to be done i believe, but i wish them the best of luck. There intentions seem honest.

There is a glimmer of light at the end of this long dark frustrating tunnel we choose to travel, and if all goes to plan this current charlatan chairman and his dedicated followers will be removed.

Certain current board members at EFFC need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and ask are they there for the social pleasure or the best interests of the club. I have my reservations. This club has been poorly run for years and fraudulent activity has taken place of that there is no doubt. There is no place for yes men at East Fife.
These board members have no future at EFFC and should be removed in order that progress can be made and the club attempt to move forward in testing times.

Rankin, Columbine do not give much in consideration to EFFC as a club, purely an investment. Had the Muir Homes development went ahead 2 years ago this would have meant disaster for the club. Nothing but lies.
They deserve very little in respect.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/state-of-the-art-stadium-plans-confirmed-by-east-fife-1.25449

edited e-mail

watching
Not again

u are right to try to close down hahaha but ur attempt at the end to bail him out won't fool everyone. he does 'know' lee murray and u know it too

I know of Lee Murray but I don't know him and that is fact.

I've never even drank in McPhails.

u r blatantly telling a lie. u have newly arrived on this forum, and u either think we r all thick or u r not the brightest urself

watching
u r blatantly telling a lie. u have newly arrived on this forum, and u either think we r all thick or u r not the brightest urself

So because I'm new to the forum I'm automatically Lee Murray's best friend?

OK Then...

How many East Fife supporters actually know about this forum?...

Hahaha
watching

OK Then...

The ones with computers.

30th May
Hahaha
watching

OK Then...

The ones with computers.

Wrong, I know numerous East Fife fans with computers who didn't know about this forum until I told them and even now they don't post, They only view it.

Bully for you.

I can see that this particular thread has gone the way of most other threads on AFTN and that is the core AFTN posters that generally tend to find fault with everything East Fife and all those who differ from their opinion, are now having a go at hahaha because he appears to have one up on them regarding the proposed takeover. I can just see it next year, if it goes through, the posts from the self-same AFTN diehards criticising the board, simply because they are on the outside and have no influence, - their main problem.

To sum up, they look like they may get their dream of a new board, but soon they will turn against it. It has started again with Supporter already, showing that he does not like the knowledge that Hahaha has on the proposed takeover and 'watching' accusing people of telling lies.

Will it ever end?

AFTN Advisor Agency
I can see that this particular thread has gone the way of most other threads on AFTN and that is the core AFTN posters that generally tend to find fault with everything East Fife and all those who differ from their opinion, are now having a go at hahaha because he appears to have one up on them regarding the proposed takeover. I can just see it next year, if it goes through, the posts from the self-same AFTN diehards criticising the board, simply because they are on the outside and have no influence, - their main problem.

To sum up, they look like they may get their dream of a new board, but soon they will turn against it. It has started again with Supporter already, showing that he does not like the knowledge that Hahaha has on the proposed takeover and 'watching' accusing people of telling lies.

Will it ever end?

Not a truer word was said. Amen.

Yup, if we dont make spl in 5 years the knives will be out.

[
quote=Fifey]Yup, if we dont make spl in 5 years the knives will be out.[/quote]

You lack ambition Bob,Im looking for a spl slot in two years

AFTN Advisor Agency

Will it ever end?

hahaha is a new poster who has come to this forum coz he has involvement with the takeover. he had no real interest in effc before. i question his motives. u r happy to turn a blind eye to wot is happening here. i wonder why?

He also didn't know of this forum until recently, despite it existing for what must be ten years now and it being mentioned in every programme.

watching
AFTN Advisor Agency

Will it ever end?

hahaha is a new poster who has come to this forum coz he has involvement with the takeover. he had no real interest in effc before. i question his motives. u r happy to turn a blind eye to wot is happening here. i wonder why?

Well whoever he is and whoever he is close to on this proposed takeover bid, I think a period of silence would be best all round. When and if ( I'll believe it when I see it) the takeover comes then we can all comment but in the meantime it is all speculation, rumour and conjecture.

The Dude
watching
AFTN Advisor Agency

Will it ever end?

Well whoever he is and whoever he is close to on this proposed takeover bid, I think a period of silence would be best all round. When and if ( I'll believe it when I see it) the takeover comes then we can all comment but in the meantime it is all speculation, rumour and conjecture.

I rest my case m'lord.

watching
AFTN Advisor Agency

Will it ever end?

I can tell you I had an interest in East Fife before this takeover but what I won't do is bite your fishing line.

Hahaha
watching
AFTN Advisor Agency

Will it ever end?

I can tell you I had an interest in East Fife before this takeover but what I won't do is bite your fishing line.

Any new addition to the East Fife family is welcome HaHaHa but please don't insult the Bayview faithful by telling us that most of us support another club.

Does anyone know when this will be announced yet then??
If the rumours I have heard about some changes are true then we could be challenging for a playoff place at least and maybe giving Rangers a game of it too.

Very exciting times ahead if it goes ahead.
Out with the old and in with the new.

Cmon The Fife
Does anyone know when this will be announced yet then??
If the rumours I have heard about some changes are true then we could be challenging for a playoff place at least and maybe giving Rangers a game of it too.

Very exciting times ahead if it goes ahead.
Out with the old and in with the new.
What do u mean? What changes have u heard?

Lets just say we might be bringing back the glory days of old.
Can't say much more on the matter yet but my source doesn't strike me as a liar really.

Don't people deserve to know about the 'changes'

Yes they certainly do you are 100 percent right but I have been sworn to secrecy until the deal is complete and signed incase of the slim chance it falls through. I just don't know what stage the deal is at and was hoping someone on here might know.

Do you have any idea when the deal could be completed? Think we may need to sign some players at some stage

Wouldn't worry about the players anyway we will have a better team than last year mark my word.

That widnae be hard would it.

Hope so

Cmon The Fife
Wouldn't worry about the players anyway we will have a better team than last year mark my word.
Who r these players, how do u know this?

I think it'll be hard to have a weaker side than last season, looks like we are going to give it a go tho.

Christian Nade will be here as he is very good friends with the new manager Willie Aitchison.

I have heard that it is a done deal and that Lee Murray is the new chairman, which is fair enough. I have also heard that David Hamilton will be part of the new regime, that will be a step backwards imo as he is an ignorant dickhead.

DLA
Christian Nade will be here as he is very good friends with the new manager Willie Aitchison.
Don't think nade will come to East fife. Also don't know who willie is. Whats his background?

Did you hear when they will be announcing it

Chico
DLA
Don't think nade will come to East fife. Also don't know who willie is. Whats his background?

I believe he was a youth coach at Bayview a few years ago, went to Hearts to work with the youths, then was in charge of the reserves. Not exactly a managerial pedigree !

Chico
DLA

Nade has already been at an East Fife game. Aitchison has been at a good few games but i`m sure he has no managerial experience. Was on the coaching staff with Lazlo at Hearts and has been working abroad. Bit of an unknown quantity if you ask me.

As for Davie Hamilton coming back as Vice Chairman then I`m happy with that.

DLA
Chico
DLA

Nade has already been at an East Fife game. Aitchison has been at a good few games but i`m sure he has no managerial experience. Was on the coaching staff with Lazlo at Hearts and has been working abroad. Bit of an unknown quantity if you ask me.

As for Davie Hamilton coming back as Vice Chairman then I`m happy with that.
Nade will destroy this league. Im so excited. Hope this is true. Any other signings?

Its all nonsense.
No truth in any of this evenings posts at all.

Lies and utter fantasy.

Nice one Vambo.

Sack the board
I have heard that it is a done deal and that Lee Murray is the new chairman, which is fair enough. I have also heard that David Hamilton will be part of the new regime, that will be a step backwards imo as he is an ignorant dickhead.

I hope your right and I'll be happy if hamilton came back too, most people on here was shouting for collumbine and stevenson head and they wont be any worse? Im Happy to have a fresh board and new ideas om board even though hamilton was on the board and left, with you admitting its a step backwards for him to be back. As long as theirs a club to follow for years to come that's all it matters to us fans of east fife fc
Hopefully if this is true what you said that there's some sort of offical statement made by club or twitter by tomorrow in black and white to supporters, I'm waiting in exictment.

I wonder we can attract former rangers midfielder gavin rae to club now we lost div

I have nothing against Lee Murray and Brian McNeil taking over the club,as long it is for the right of the club ,but if hamilton is back they better watch their backs,how many chairmen has he stabbed in the back,I personally hate the man and I am considering about running buses to future games if he is there.

Nothing but speculation. I'll believe it when it's confirmed. Think people gettin a bit carried away.

cambuslang Fifer
I hope your right and I'll be happy if hamilton came back too, most people on here was shouting for collumbine and stevenson head and they wont be any worse? Im Happy to have a fresh board and new ideas om board even though hamilton was on the board and left, with you admitting its a step backwards for him to be back. As long as theirs a club to follow for years to come that's all it matters to us fans of east fife fc
Hopefully if this is true what you said that there's some sort of offical statement made by club or twitter by tomorrow in black and white to supporters, I'm waiting in exictment.

I wonder we can attract former rangers midfielder gavin rae to club now we lost div

I hope with hamilton coming back he has a change of heart, it seems already we are concern of what he is like or capable of but I hope they put the club first, do their job and its right thing, and we have a club/team to follow for years and years I agree. I hope there is a confirm statement its been very quiet lately.

Gavin rae would be a great signing espically with a huge gap to fill with the lost of div, also at 34 he would still be a bargain on the free-agent list but I reckon he'll still want to remain full time like robson. We need more than one at the moment, CF

Ps if true I hope its not going to be short term and eight months or less they leave the club. Rangers win the leauge and rumors about club in worst state hope to god this does NOT happen. On the plus side it is a fresh of people, new ideas about club, new investment brought in and signs of going in the right direction Prob not laid back as the guy before them too but I hope the most they work with us fans more as its been lacked even though that's eugene or supporters spokesperson role/job. I doubt sid or board listen or comment to them hopefully these people will more and united

So have we now got confirmation that the consortium is as follows:

Brian McNeil, Lee Murray and David Hamilton? Presumably Willie Gray is involved too? After all McNeil's firm sponsored Ballingry last season and Hamilton is the commercial manager of Ballingry
http://www.ballingryroversfc.co.uk/committee.asp

Am I the only one not that impressed with all this? I'm actually fed up with all this hearsay. The names mentioned are all decent enough local businessmen but lets not kid ourselves - they don't have the sort of money that's going to DRAMATICALLY change the club.
It has to come to a stop quickly otherwise its going to totally destabilise preparations for next season. We struggled to get the right players in last pre season and look what happened.
I want to see Billy Brown get a chance to build a team. The fact is he was brought in to keep the club in the league, and he achieved that albeit by the skin of our teeth. However his passion cant be doubted and he will be desperate to get one over his old pal Jim Jefferies at Dunfermline.
Its time now for this consortium to come out the closet and speak. I say:
PUT UP OR SHUT UP

I'm refusing to post anymore as someone is pretending to be me, So congratulations on fucking it up for yourself.

The rest will just have to unfold in due course.

Jimbob
Am I the only one not that impressed with all this? I'm actually fed up with all this hearsay. The names mentioned are all decent enough local businessmen but lets not kid ourselves - they don't have the sort of money that's going to DRAMATICALLY change the club.
It has to come to a stop quickly otherwise its going to totally destabilise preparations for next season. We struggled to get the right players in last pre season and look what happened.
I want to see Billy Brown get a chance to build a team. The fact is he was brought in to keep the club in the league, and he achieved that albeit by the skin of our teeth. However his passion cant be doubted and he will be desperate to get one over his old pal Jim Jefferies at Dunfermline.
Its time now for this consortium to come out the closet and speak. I say:
PUT UP OR SHUT UP

His passion can't be doubted?! - He said himself "I don't care if the players play for me or not, I can easily find another club" - He's a joke of a manager and the quicker he goes the better!

That's all.