Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Takeover pt3

Jimbob
Am I the only one not that impressed with all this? I'm actually fed up with all this hearsay. The names mentioned are all decent enough local businessmen but lets not kid ourselves - they don't have the sort of money that's going to DRAMATICALLY change the club.
It has to come to a stop quickly otherwise its going to totally destabilise preparations for next season. We struggled to get the right players in last pre season and look what happened.
I want to see Billy Brown get a chance to build a team. The fact is he was brought in to keep the club in the league, and he achieved that albeit by the skin of our teeth. However his passion cant be doubted and he will be desperate to get one over his old pal Jim Jefferies at Dunfermline.
Its time now for this consortium to come out the closet and speak. I say:
PUT UP OR SHUT UP

His passion can't be doubted?! - He said himself "I don't care if the players play for me, I can easily find another club!" - He's a joke of a manager and the quicker he's released the better!

That is all.

I refuse to post any more details on the situation as someone is pretending to be me now and that's just wrong and it will falsify a lot of things if they continue to post, Therefor I will refrain from posting and everything else will just have to unfold in due course.

Re: Takeover pt3

"I don't care if the players play for me, I can easily find another club!"

Presume that's a paraphrase from his rant after the Stenny game.

In Mr Brown's defence, we should consider the context of his statement. Results had been terrible and the team looked certain to be going down. Mr Brown took to the stadium mike and then gave his aftermatch rant that had people all around the world taking notice. In the wake of that moment, both the fans and the team woke up, and we enjoyed significantly improved performances from both in the weeks that followed, ultimately leading to us staying up.

One of his finer moments, if you ask me.

If this takeover drags on for another week or two then we'll be doomed on the park next season either way. The club needs a board, a manager and players in place as soon as possible. Our opponents are signing players and we don't have any, there's only a finite number of quality players available for clubs our size and I doubt they'll be holding out on offers from the likes of Arbroath and Stenny in the hope that there will be great deals on the table at East Fife next month.

Hopefully both parties have a date in the near future where they have agreed that the deal will either be completed, or be dead in the water. If this situation is still in the balance come the end of the month then we are fucked.

Hahaha - impersonating other users is against the site rules and, as you say, wrong. I've banned the ip address and deleted the posts of your imposter.

Obviously hahaha is in on this takeover or is friends with potential buyers.

On a sidenote, Flood Inns (MD Lee Murray) have announced a major sponsorship package with Fife Flyers for next season.

prodigal son
"I don't care if the players play for me, I can easily find another club!"

Presume that's a paraphrase from his rant after the Stenny game.

In Mr Brown's defence, we should consider the context of his statement. Results had been terrible and the team looked certain to be going down. Mr Brown took to the stadium mike and then gave his aftermatch rant that had people all around the world taking notice. In the wake of that moment, both the fans and the team woke up, and we enjoyed significantly improved performances from both in the weeks that followed, ultimately leading to us staying up.

One of his finer moments, if you ask me.

I was not convinced by BB and alittle shocked and embarrassed for him, BUT he spoke from the heart, he get the reaction....agree with above

billy brown is an egotistical man who if his talents were half as good as he thought they were we would have won the league. 1 or 2 league wins in 2013 does not make a good manager he is a pish manager. didnae sign anyone then moaned it wisnae his team. constantly slagged the team off. I seen one positive comment in 8 months when we beat Peterhead.
I for one cant wait till he is sacked and the fife can move move on and he can fade into obscurity where he belongs.
but then he has been places and done things.
to all the pro brown fans I would ask what has he brought to the team performance , formation wise or tactically in my opinion absolutely fuckall.

KotS
Hahaha - impersonating other users is against the site rules and, as you say, wrong. I've banned the ip address and deleted the posts of your imposter.

Thank you, As for players, I'm not too worried, Mr McNeill has lots of player contacts through treating them as he is a physio after all.

I am also hopeful that Mr Nade will be joining The Fife.

Would you like to apologise to the Bayview faithful Mr Laughter for branding us as mostly supporters of other clubs? I would be more than happy to meet you face to face at a place of your choice.

Kings of Fife
Would you like to apologise to the Bayview faithful Mr Laughter for branding us as mostly supporters of other clubs? I would be more than happy to meet you face to face at a place of your choice.

I know numerous people who 'religiously' go to East Fife games and support other clubs.

Picture this, It was either November or December last year and I witnessed a fan start singing a song, The song was obviously frowned upon as no one joined in, Another fan (wearing a skin tight Man Utd top) stood up and shouted to the initial singer "Shut up you cunt you're a part time supporter".

I will leave that thought with you, I won't apologise because as I also said there are a section of fans from all lower division teams who do only support the one team.

I will also refrain from meeting you face to face as I'm happy to have my identity remain anonymous.

I can only assume you would want to meet me face to face in order to have a confrontation.

No confrontation needed pal. I've watched East Fife since 1971 home and away so I would say that I am well placed to make comment on the allegience of the East Fife support through the years. We are a diverse bunch in terms of a number of factors, "religion" as you put it it included. But one thing that pulls us together is our love for East Fife. Were you at Pittodrie last season pal? How about Peterhead the other week? What about Dumbarton in May 2000? Alloa 1994? Clyde 1996? Motherwell 1972? Dumbarton 1977? When we go to the toilet we pish black and gold stripes pal. Come and join and join us if you want but don't you dare patronise or insult us by telling us who we support.
Rant over.

Peace

I know a lot of fans that go to East fife games that support Celtic or Rangers, even seen a few with rangers gear on at games!

Kings of Fife
No confrontation needed pal. I've watched East Fife since 1971 home and away so I would say that I am well placed to make comment on the allegience of the East Fife support through the years. We are a diverse bunch in terms of a number of factors, "religion" as you put it it included. But one thing that pulls us together is our love for East Fife. Were you at Pittodrie last season pal? How about Peterhead the other week? What about Dumbarton in May 2000? Alloa 1994? Clyde 1996? Motherwell 1972? Dumbarton 1977? When we go to the toilet we pish black and gold stripes pal. Come and join and join us if you want but don't you dare patronise or insult us by telling us who we support.
Rant over.

Peace

Respect.

I used to go to basically every home and away game for some 6 years, I stopped going after the Danskin fiasco and have only been to a handful of games since, all of which have been home games.

Fuck sake Hahaha is right.I support East Fife and am also a Celtic fan.I have followed East Fife home and away for over 40years now if any Fan wants to meet me face to face and tell me Im not a true fan then let me know.

Bob what I am saying is we are East Fife first and foremost. We might cheer on Everton against Liverpool or Celtic against Rangers or even vice versa but what brings us together is supporting the Fife

Kings of Fife
Bob what I am saying is we are East Fife first and foremost. We might cheer on Everton against Liverpool or Celtic against Rangers or even vice versa but what brings us together is supporting the Fife

That is what Hahaha said at the start.But typical of this forum people want to have a go at him.I dont know Hahaha but fucking hate when people start this pish about I am a true fan and your not.Any cunt that has paid money at the turnstile to support EF whether it be once or a hundred times is a fan but also have the right to be a fan of another team be it the new old firm or anything else.Hahaha get used to the heckeling coz thats all that seems to count on this forum

Vambo
Kings of Fife

That is what Hahaha said at the start.But typical of this forum people want to have a go at him.I dont know Hahaha but fucking hate when people start this pish about I am a true fan and your not.Any cunt that has paid money at the turnstile to support EF whether it be once or a hundred times is a fan but also have the right to be a fan of another team be it the new old firm or anything else.Hahaha get used to the heckeling coz thats all that seems to count on this forum

Thank you Vambo, at least someone understood what I was saying.

Just to put all you doubters minds at rest, the takeover was going ahead long before we even thought we would make a playoff, the takeover would have gone ahead despite us being relegated.

As I stated previously, the only reason this has been dragged out is the simple reason, no one is going to sell a club half way through a season without reaping the financial reward at the end of the season first.

If this takeover happens is billy brown still going to be there?

I have no idea who HaHaHa is, but he does genuinely have info.

As he says above, this takeover was in the works for a while. I was first told about it by three diferrent people (maybe more) when I was over in January.

Same here. Heard it in March at a home game, the person spoke openly to atleast 5 of has having a ciggie at the side of the stand.

No reason to believe it isn,t happening, just hahaha could have chosen a more sensible username!!

Aye there have been AFTN posts back in December about this.

Any idea when an announcement will likely be made ?

It will be made at noon tomorrow.

The "auld face" returning is none other than Kenny Deuchar. He will take up both a coaching role and a place on the board with the title "Director of Legends".

(As an aside, Div Muir will be the first legend to be inaugurated by Kenny and that's why Div had to leave the club - rules of legend state that only former players can become legends).

As mentioned elsewhere, Davie Hamilton will be commercial director focusing on Asian, China and the Middle East. Ian Henderson will remain commercial director for Europe and North America, and I understand that Bruce Black returns to the fold looking after commercial activities in emerging markets (India, South America, Mars).

Billy Brown will remain as manager and will be assisted by Bob Malcolm, Willie Aitchison, Dave Baikie, Dave Blaikie and Bave Daikie.

Wullie Gray will return as Director of Vendetta and it is Wullie's return that has led to the hold up. He wants his special chair installed before any announcement is made. Now this was installed last week but it seems Wullie's dimensions have enhanced since he last sat on the throne so a larger chair is being installed today.

Finlay, Eugene will leave his post as director of communications and take on a new role as director of propaganda. It was felt that the method of doing press releases when there was actually facts to report was no longer satisfying demand for information. As director of propaganda, Eugene will be responding to forum rumors, generating forum rumors and posting under numerous aliases to avoid detection of being a board member.

I think that's it all covered. Except the shorts will be black and the gold on the home jerseys will be more of a yellow colour.

Noisy Crossbar

The "auld face" returning is none other than Kenny Deuchar. He will take up both a coaching role and a place on the board with the title "Director of Legends".

(As an aside, Div Muir will be the first legend to be inaugurated by Kenny and that's why Div had to leave the club - rules of legend state that only former players can become legends).

As mentioned elsewhere, Davie Hamilton will be commercial director focusing on Asian, China and the Middle East. Ian Henderson will remain commercial director for Europe and North America, and I understand that Bruce Black returns to the fold looking after commercial activities in emerging markets (India, South America, Mars).

Billy Brown will remain as manager and will be assisted by Bob Malcolm, Willie Aitchison, Dave Baikie, Dave Blaikie and Bave Daikie.

Wullie Gray will return as Director of Vendetta and it is Wullie's return that has led to the hold up. He wants his special chair installed before any announcement is made. Now this was installed last week but it seems Wullie's dimensions have enhanced since he last sat on the throne so a larger chair is being installed today.

Finlay, Eugene will leave his post as director of communications and take on a new role as director of propaganda. It was felt that the method of doing press releases when there was actually facts to report was no longer satisfying demand for information. As director of propaganda, Eugene will be responding to forum rumors, generating forum rumors and posting under numerous aliases to avoid detection of being a board member.

I think that's it all covered. Except the shorts will be black and the gold on the home jerseys will be more of a yellow colour.

Noisy Crossbar

Eugene Clarke
Noisy Crossbar

I was just about to say... For someone who makes up his own fairy tales you do a pretty good job NC!