Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
fao Jim Corstorphine

Jim do you have any details on a Colin Fox who played for East Fife in the fifties or sixties. His nephew asked me today if I had any knowledge of when and how long he played for us. Cheers

Re: fao Jim Corstorphine

Martin, you might want to check the first name of the player concerned as there are no records of a Colin Fox playing for East Fife.
There was however a George Fox who made 13 league appearances for East Fife. He made his debut at right half on March 3rd 1956 in a 7-3 defeat at Aberdeen. He made his final appearance on New Years Day in 1957 at Starks Park.

Thanks for this i did check and indeed it was George not Colin prompt reply very much appreciated

An anorak, but our anorak.
Good stuff Jim.

George Fox is in this photograph

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EAST-FIFE-F-C-TEAM-PRINT-1956-57-COX-FOX-PLUMB-WILSON-/270372391942?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item3ef3734c06#ht_307wt_904

Thanks for the link that will be very helpful

This site is great for finding info on past players:
http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/eastfife/eastfife.htm