Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Forum Rules & The Law of the Land

I've removed a thread and another post as they contained what might be considered serious allegations stated as if they were fact. We operate this forum to give a vehicle for people to express views etc, but we are bound by the laws of the land. These posts have been removed for this reason and to protect people from unsubstantiated allegations and to protect ourselves and the posters from possible legal recriminations. I usually leave GoF to adjudicate on these things but in this instance felt it was necessary to take action straight away. I've sent copies to GoF for his consideration.

Some related posts have also been deleted. This does not mean there was an issue with them, it's just down to the way the forum works when stuff is deleted.

If anyone has any issue with this please email the aftn email address and GoF will pick this up.

Thanks.

Re: Forum Rules & The Law of the Land

Excellent and speedy response.

KotS
I've removed a thread and another post as they contained what might be considered serious allegations stated as if they were fact. We operate this forum to give a vehicle for people to express views etc, but we are bound by the laws of the land. These posts have been removed for this reason and to protect people from unsubstantiated allegations and to protect ourselves and the posters from possible legal recriminations. I usually leave GoF to adjudicate on these things but in this instance felt it was necessary to take action straight away. I've sent copies to GoF for his consideration.

Some related posts have also been deleted. This does not mean there was an issue with them, it's just down to the way the forum works when stuff is deleted.

If anyone has any issue with this please email the aftn email address and GoF will pick this up.

Thanks.

I can only assume that there has been an official complaint lodged by either of the board members who commented on the thread which has been deleted.

There are numerous other accusations of the same nature plastered throughout the forum and none of those have been 'addressed'.

I personally think it is wrong to hide the facts from the fans, These facts will be revealed within due course and those fans who continue to back the current board for whatever reason will realise that they too were subject to the manipulation.

Mr Marshall has threatened with further investigation which I thoroughly encourage and welcome with open arms, maybe then (As he claims not to have been involved and may very well not have been) will realise what has gone on.

Hahaha
KotS

Thanks.

I can only assume that there has been an official complaint lodged by either of the board members who commented on the thread which has been deleted.

There are numerous other accusations of the same nature plastered throughout the forum and none of those have been 'addressed'.

I personally think it is wrong to hide the facts from the fans, These facts will be revealed within due course and those fans who continue to back the current board for whatever reason will realise that they too were subject to the manipulation.

Mr Marshall has threatened with further investigation which I thoroughly encourage and welcome with open arms, maybe then (As he claims not to have been involved and may very well not have been) will realise what has gone on.

No compaint has been received (at least none that has reached me). This is a matter of legalities. I am not about to get into a debate about it either.

If stuff comes out about the current board or anyone else in the future, then so be it but we are not allowed legally to leave on anything which might be slanderous or libelous. We aren't legal experts but we give up our free time doing our best to keep this fair and legal.

If there are other posts which fall into the category of possibly being slanderous and/or libelous please do bring these to our attention by emailing GoF and these will be addressed. Apologies if I've missed any such posts - I've been out of the country all week and am trying to play catch-up.

Hahaha, you have obviously got a vested interest in this takeover and you would do it's cause more good if you stuck to positives as I really believe you're starting to do it more harm than good. That's just my opinion.

I'll leave this thread open for a little while as I believe in giving the right to reply. I won't be responding to any replies as, like I say it's a matter of legalities and not open to debate. I'll then lock the thread later tonight.

Hahaha
KotS

Thanks.

I'm a wee bit uncomfortable that you, whilst apparently speaking on behalf of the potential new owners, are making posts like this. I take it you won't directly be involved in the running of the club should the takeover be successful?

Let me clear this up, I am not speaking on behalf of any parties and will not be involved in any running of the club, I am simply a supporter of the takeover and of the club.

I also understand where you are coming from regarding slanderous comments but would I not be right in saying that as long as there are no names mentioned, a comment cannot then be deemed slanderous?

Hahaha
KotS

Thanks.

If you have facts on your above allegations Hahaha, then post them. You can't be charged with liable if you are stating facts, which leads me to believe, you do not have any. Over to you Mr "I know everything".

Your bluff is being called, so come now.... out with it! No assumptions allowed, by the way!

Just out of interest,there have been high profile cases of tweeters and Facebookers being charged and convicted for comments but I don't remember Twitter or Facebook facing action. Why would this forum be any different ?

Jesus HHH!
If I was the buyer I would be going bananas at the comments you are posting on here.
Do they know what you are doing?

Fadi the Fifer
Jesus HHH!
If I was the buyer I would be going bananas at the comments you are posting on here.

I've deleted my previous comment but it doesn't make it any less factual.

I have no idea why you're so against the fans knowing the truth.

But that appears to be the way the club has been run for years and appears that is the way that a lot of fans wish to have it run in the future.

So taking on board this observation I shall take it upon myself to leave the forum.

Before I leave I would like it to be known that I never intended on upsetting any East Fife supporter, All I initially wanted to do was put the supports mind at rest by advising them the club was going into safe hands.

This quickly escalated and I was called a liar (By a current board member who shall remain nameless), accused of having inside acquaintances, accused of being part of the consortium, accused of slander etc.

None of which is actually the case and all will be revealed very soon.

May peace be with all East Fife supporters (including myself) and may East Fife prosper in the years to come.

Please don't go you have given endless pleasure as a guest arsehole.

Not The Other Chairman

Ha, ha you know what they say, takes one to know one.....

Not The Other Chairman

No exactly an arsehole, we would no nothing about the takeover if it wasn't for him.

No complaints have been received. KotS was right to remove what he did and I have done previously myself, solely because it is hearsay and no facts have been presented.

I didn't see the originals only what KotS has sent me so never saw any replies from DM or JD.

This forum is governed by the laws of Canada ss that is where it is hosted from. Libel/salnder laws here are very different and nothing on the forum so far has fallen in to them. That is not why they were removed.

All this crap is surely doing nothing for the takeover and if the new owners want to make stuff public then they should do and asap.

Hahaha
Fadi the Fifer
Jesus HHH!

I've deleted my previous comment but it doesn't make it any less factual.

But that appears to be the way the club has been run for years and appears that is the way that a lot of fans wish to have it run in the future.

So taking on board this observation I shall take it upon myself to leave the forum.

Before I leave I would like it to be known that I never intended on upsetting any East Fife supporter, All I initially wanted to do was put the supports mind at rest by advising them the club was going into safe hands.

This quickly escalated and I was called a liar (By a current board member who shall remain nameless), accused of having inside acquaintances, accused of being part of the consortium, accused of slander etc.

None of which is actually the case and all will be revealed very soon.

May peace be with all East Fife supporters (including myself) and may East Fife prosper in the years to come.

-
What is the truth then? All we are reading are innuendos.

-
And return using your usual username?