Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
thanks

would just like to thank john dave and jock for speaking to me today and clearing some things up taking me round showing me where money has been spent and how the day to day running of the club works.

I was made to feel very welcome and I applaud them for there efforts.

thanks again

Re: thanks

Keith did they say anything about takeover or mention anything about coming season?

You stated in another thread that you (and others) had requested such a meeting previously Keith, was there an answer to why your previous requests were ignored and it wasn't until potentially libellous statements had been made on an Unofficial website that a get-together was hastily arranged???

Not having a go here, but it does strike me that so much misrepresentation and ill-feeling could have been avoided if previous attempts to communicate had been recognised and acted upon!!!

nothing new about the takeover dph. and kk you are right that this could maybe have been avoided if previous requests were met.
however I must say that it was john who contacted me yesterday to see if I wanted to speak to him. I can only see it as positive.
the three of them strike me as fifers who want what is best for the club.

Just interested if you could expand on improvements and their interpretation of the club going forward .
Openness between club and supporters has always been a problem.

money has been spent on upgrades like putting in a shower room for a woman referee. relocating the laundry new cleaning equipment for laundry improvements to dressing rooms, keeping the team bus on the road I believe they had to replace engine in it. replacing a boiler and various plumbing work involved with alterations.
as for the club going forward think this takeover will determine what way the club goes

And the reason that this valid expenditure wasn't public knowledge was what...???

Again I'm not having a go, but this meeting does smack of "too little too late" and is also entirely indicative of the current regimes attitude towards Fan/Board Communications, think about how much bad feeling, misrepresentation and rumour could have been avoided, if legitimate expenses such as the one’s Keith has mentioned were made public knowledge!!!

Let’s hope any future incumbents are taking note!!!

Should the club reasonably be expected to tell fans every time they replace a boiler or install a shower?
FFS

A Trialist
Should the club reasonably be expected to tell fans every time they replace a boiler or install a shower?
FFS

Not at all, "running expenses" should be expected, treated and accepted as day-to-day expenses by all fans, but my point is that when so many questions have arisen regarding the whereabouts of "The Rangers Money" since it fell into our lap, do you not think transparency over it's usage would have been beneficial to both the Board and the fans???

What do you think???

Don't think anyone is suggesting that after all is this not day to day business expenses. !!!
Would totally agree that bigger issues re the previous posters position re Rangers money was what was looking to be justified .

Did they say anything on the moon landings?

Noisy Crossbar
Did they say anything on the moon landings?

Exactly!