Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Takeover Threads

All of this takeover talk is now growing arms and legs and can't be helping the club one bit.

I'm sure most of us want it to go through, get new owners and have a new beginning. What we don't want to see is the whole deal stall because info leaks out on here, people dig their heels in etc etc.

For the next wee while, keep all the talk to facts and suggestions as to what you want direction you hope the new board will take. Facts you can back up with evidence. Not all this I've heard from a good source, or from my reading of the situation such and such is clearly happening, etc etc.

Since there doesn't appear to be that many facts coming out, it should stop a new "takeover part whatever" thread every couple of days.

All posts on this topic referring to hearsay and putting 2 and 2 together to get 5, will be deleted until more concrete information has been released officially.

If you have information you want to get out there, email us, let us know how you got the info and we'll investigate it further.

If you're not happy with this. Tough. We don't care. Take your chat to Pie and Bovril or elsewhere, as it's all becoming a giant clusterfuck of non information and speculation right now and let's leave it to those that do know to tell us the info when the time is right.

Bide your time, wait till the new owner comes through, then ask for more questions and transparency.

And for anyone from the proposed takeover, we've not here to be your propaganda machine either but if you want to get info out there, then email us and we'll put it out there for you.

Re: Takeover Threads

Look's like the truth is coming out - Gof is S.Twigg all along. I knew it.

AFTN
All of this takeover talk is now growing arms and legs and can't be helping the club one bit.

I'm sure most of us want it to go through, get new owners and have a new beginning. What we don't want to see is the whole deal stall because info leaks out on here, people dig their heels in etc etc.

For the next wee while, keep all the talk to facts and suggestions as to what you want direction you hope the new board will take. Facts you can back up with evidence. Not all this I've heard from a good source, or from my reading of the situation such and such is clearly happening, etc etc.

Since there doesn't appear to be that many facts coming out, it should stop a new "takeover part whatever" thread every couple of days.

All posts on this topic referring to hearsay and putting 2 and 2 together to get 5, will be deleted until more concrete information has been released officially.

If you have information you want to get out there, email us, let us know how you got the info and we'll investigate it further.

If you're not happy with this. Tough. We don't care. Take your chat to Pie and Bovril or elsewhere, as it's all becoming a giant clusterfuck of non information and speculation right now and let's leave it to those that do know to tell us the info when the time is right.

Bide your time, wait till the new owner comes through, then ask for more questions and transparency.

And for anyone from the proposed takeover, we've not here to be your propaganda machine either but if you want to get info out there, then email us and we'll put it out there for you.

[/quote

???????? ehhh ??? Thought this was a message board ??

Email you then you decide if you will put it on your board.... WTF

Pathetic ........Its my website if you don't like it go away ..lol.. see you have not changed much over the years mike hahaha

If you want better control of this board I suggest proper Login names

And why can't we post about hearsay? They're one of my favourite bands!

dougie hope
AFTN

[/quote

???????? ehhh ??? Thought this was a message board ??

Email you then you decide if you will put it on your board.... WTF

Pathetic ........Its my website if you don't like it go away ..lol.. see you have not changed much over the years mike hahaha

If you want better control of this board I suggest proper Login names

Pathetic? Eh???

What's more pathetic is, "I don't own this, but I will decide what is best for it. Now that is pathetic".

I struggle to understand why The forum exists if its not to discuss what people have heard or know about.

i totally agree that threads/posts that contain personal abuse should be taken down but my post neither abused nor ventured an opinion as to takeover situation.

Having said that it is your baw and you can take home if you want

i think the message is - be careful what you post and be patient.

It's only a few days till big Claude arrives to make us the 3rd force in Scottish fitbaw.

It was more the Email us the juicy gossip, then we decide if it goes up .... or is it just to text your mates the info first.

Don't take a message board too serious it is only one step up from writing on a toilet wall

bit unfair for all us living a fair distance away. Sites like AFTN are all about rumour and hearsay. They are the best place for us exiles to find out what is or might be happening.
Having comments censored like this is taking us back 30 years to the commie regime

essex fifer
bit unfair for all us living a fair distance away. Sites like AFTN are all about rumour and hearsay. They are the best place for us exiles to find out what is or might be happening.
Having comments censored like this is taking us back 30 years to the commie regime

Surely, if you are saying AFTN is all rumour and hearsay, it is NOT the best place to find out what is really happening? A bit of a contradiction is it not?

Eh?

Surely, if you are saying AFTN is all rumour and hearsay, it is NOT the best place to find out what is really happening? A bit of a contradiction is it not?

That would depend on whether you think there is a more complete account of events at the club appears on these pages or in official press releases, I suppose.

prodigal son
Eh?

That would depend on whether you think there is a more complete account of events at the club appears on these pages or in official press releases, I suppose.

Very true.