Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New boardroom

This should say it all...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Fife_F.C.#Boardroom

Re: New boardroom

Think most would agree, this information should be released first from East Fife Official Website? Which makes no comment about it...

Thanks for the info though.
BTW wikki can be edited by anyone, so with due respect, I'll not get too hung up just now. Ta!

There's not even a kit washer at the moment let alone a web designer.

Good attempt but out of the 5 names 3 are either wrong or the wrong title, take your pick!

Hahaha
There's not even a kit washer at the moment let alone a web designer.

1. Alot easier to update a website that to design one.
2. Ever tried to update wikki....its a nightmare.

The wiki contributer has IP address 90.220.69.161 and has sky TV and broadband.

And fae Edinburgh.

Noisy Crossbar
The wiki contributer has IP address 90.220.69.161 and has sky TV and broadband.

Didn't realise IP addresses could be tracked.
Good grief, not many home games taken in then!

BigJim
And fae Edinburgh.

I'm sure you'll find that Edinburgh is in fact the telephone exchange in which I'm connected to.

Anyone from my area (I'm in Fife by the way) who is connected to the internet via SKY Broadband will most likely be connected to the same exchange.

Though I wouldn't bank on it, I've seen myself connected via a London exchange numerous times.

If I thought that there was anyway of my identity being revealed I would have used a proxy to post anything on this forum as well as to edit Wiki.

The only persons who hold my personal information is my ISP (Internet Service Provider) who in my contract agree to keep my personal information strictly confidential.

I can only pity your lack of knowledge (again, I'm not claiming to know everything).

As stated previously I started posting on this forum to keep fellow Fife fans informed (so why you as a presumed Fife fan would jeopardise that is beyond me) and I have successfully done that, right up until the takeover has been completed.

I can now reveal that the takeover has in fact been completed.

Thank you and good night

Hahaha
BigJim
And fae Edinburgh.

I'm sure you'll find that Edinburgh is in fact the telephone exchange in which I'm connected to.

Anyone from my area (I'm in Fife by the way) who is connected to the internet via SKY Broadband will most likely be connected to the same exchange.

Though I wouldn't bank on it, I've seen myself connected via a London exchange numerous times.

If I thought that there was anyway of my identity being revealed I would have used a proxy to post anything on this forum as well as to edit Wiki.

The only persons who hold my personal information is my ISP (Internet Service Provider) who in my contract agree to keep my personal information strictly confidential.

I can only pity your lack of knowledge (again, I'm not claiming to know everything).

As stated previously I started posting on this forum to keep fellow Fife fans informed (so why you as a presumed Fife fan would jeopardise that is beyond me) and I have successfully done that, right up until the takeover has been completed.

Thank you and good night

Thanks for the info!

Ef
Hahaha
BigJim
And fae Edinburgh.

Thank you and good night

Thanks for the info!

You're very welcome, Thank you for being one of the few grateful readers!

Very grateful hahaha, would love to buy you a pint next season at sids

dougie hope

You're welcome, but Sid's? Where's that?

You've certainly made AFTN the liveliest it has ever been for this time of year!

Whose shares have changed hands?

Honestly what a load of rubbish on wiki. Whoever the mole is has only been half listening and making the rest up. What a sad way of trying to make yourself important.

What's the chances of billy brown staying on as manager?

Not again
Honestly what a load of rubbish on wiki. Whoever the mole is has only been half listening and making the rest up. What a sad way of trying to make yourself important.

Explain...

Snowball and hell comes to mind.

at last a wee bit of hope ....

Not again
Snowball and hell comes to mind.

When I'm called out to explain things I say, I quite happily do it.

Why don't you?

It's rubbish simple as, at least 50%.
Just wait for the full and proper story. You have lost credibility so give it a rest.

don't get why so many people are getting at hahaha all he or she has done is passed info to fans and has been proved right every time would they rather have known nothing or sids there is no takeover then next day aye there is but its hostile.

whether they are involved or just know someone who is who cares. least they passed that info on to the fans. I cant see why this is a bad thing.

some people only want to talk about ip addresses and wiki. they could be anywhere but still have correct info. I am grateful they shared this info with us

Not again
It's rubbish simple as, at least 50%.
Just wait for the full and proper story. You have lost credibility so give it a rest.

You have no fact, You won't explain yourself and you've doubted me from the start, yet everything I say ends up coming true.

Maybe you should just listen and stop trying to put people down for whatever reason.

He hasn't answered my question yet.

Lochee Fifer
He hasn't answered my question yet.

I haven't because I can't.

I can only tell you what I know.

Our largest shareholder could well still be the same person then?

At bayview some folk just get really ppd off when others know more than them. and to top it all off your not a die-hard hahaha.

Lochee Fifer

No.

In order for the takeover to be successful there has to be a new majority shareholder (Other than Dave Marshall's fairy tale of Sid) and that has happened.

Hahaha's info is not all correct and it is unfair to post the wrong information.
Why give the wrong information out. As previous poster says wrong people and wrong positions.

What is the correct info then not again ?

Or any other info you would like to share ?

It seems to me a lot of others know whats going on but these so called die-hards are keeping quiet

Not again
Hahaha's info is not all correct and it is unfair to post the wrong information.
Why give the wrong information out. As previous poster says wrong people and wrong positions.

All I done on Wiki was placed Brian McNeill as owner (Since he retired from being the East Fife physio) and Lee Murray as second in command, Chairman if you like, I also removed the so called "Best interests at heart" board members.

So what is wrong with that?

Please feel free to correct me since your adamant that they're in the wrong positions.

dougie hope
What is the correct info then not again ?

Or any other info you would like to share ?

Yes, Please... We're all eager...

Remember our previous largest shareholder was not a majority shareholder, although the acquisition of either of the two biggest shareholdings might have been enough to swing a consortium away from her grip.

Hahaha
Lochee Fifer

No.

In order for the takeover to be successful there has to be a new majority shareholder (Other than Dave Marshall's fairy tale of Sid) and that has happened.

There are three possibilities here Hahaha. You either misunderstand what a takeover is, or you don't realise that you are wrong, or you are lying.
Lochee Fifer is quite right to question you about this matter. No takeover has taken place. There is a power struggle which will see faces change, but the current owner is only handing over their proxy, not their shares.
There might be a takeover (a change of ownership) in the future, but it will not happen at the moment or even this season.

There must be a change of ownership in the pipeline if he handed over proxy rights...just waiting on pay-day

Any more info ??

dougie hope
There must be a change of ownership in the pipeline if he handed over proxy rights...just waiting on pay-day

Why do you think that? There was no change of ownership when proxy rights were given to Derrick Brown, and there was no change of ownership when those proxy rights were later given to Sid Collumbine.
There might be a change of ownership in the pipeline, but you could walk the length of the Trans-Siberian pipeline before it takes place. And back again. A takeover is a long, long way off.

dougie hope

Hahaha. Most fans are grateful that u gave this info and taking the enevitable flack that most posters get from our more shall i say "unusual" fans. If you had chosen a more mature username you would have had more credability. Having said that, i would like to also meet and buy you a drink in lees bar. (Macaroon springs to mind) its my age, no offence meant.

Physio is a protected title - my understanding is that Brian does not hold the qualifications for this title - hence why he is "therapist" on the club website.

The qualification has not long changed and since Brian has retired he doesn't need to renew, so don't make it out as if Brian has never been qualified as a physio, That is blasphamy and slander, thank you

Great to have two men who live in Leven in charge of the club

Scoonie Loyal

East Fife Mail has confirmed this morning that it's a done deal.

Though the 'Collumbine/Stevenson/Marshall faithful' will still think it's lies

brown and sid were both just puppets.

Doubt lee will be "told what to do".
That's why there must be a change of owner-ship. You admit as much in your post.

Long,long way off ?? but still happen tho eh ?

Why not tell us what you know then watching? got a feeling your holding out on us

dougie hope

brown and sid were both just puppets.

Doubt lee will be "told what to do".
That's why there must be a change of owner-ship. You admit as much in your post.

Long,long way off ?? but still happen tho eh ?

Why not tell us what you know then watching? got a feeling your holding out on us

I've got a feeling he knows nothing

Hahaha
Scoonie Loyal

East Fife Mail has confirmed this morning that it's a done deal.

Though the 'Collumbine/Stevenson/Marshall faithful' will still think it's lies

I hope they have left their blazers....

Cheers for the info hahaha.

So, Billy on his way?

Back page of the east fife mail

I'm not sure if BB will be on his way out but I hope so!

I think he should be given a chance to explain how he sees the club going forward under his management, player plans etc and actually have a formal interview about the job. If he's not up to scratch then ditch him. If he is given the benefit of the doubt then get him to sign a bloody code of conduct!

According to EF Mail, there is a new management team in place so Billy Brown will not be in charge (which I think is a shame by the way, however hopefully they have a good candidate)

From what I'm hearing the only director that will stay is the supporters rep Clarke

Is Rankine out completely?

broon gone

Noisy Crossbar
broon gone

McGlynn in?

Fifey

Anyone know?, hahaha, do u know? Please say yes!

Fifey
Fifey

I have no idea, But if i was to take an educated guess I would say he's gone.

Hahaha
Fifey
Fifey

Thanks HHH.Lets hope your guess is right.

He isn`t gone!

Oh yes he has!

Hahaha
Fifey
Fifey

There is no-one called rankin under that name on the shareholders lisy

Yes hes gone. And good ridence to him for dragging the club down but one thing is for sure the team wont get it so easy this time round with who the new management team will be .

I know the facts
Yes hes gone. And good ridence to him for dragging the club down but one thing is for sure the team wont get it so easy this time round with who the new management team will be .

Rubbish. You either don't know or you are deliberately lying. The ownership of the club HAS NOT CHANGED

eh??? where was sid the night then

new board ...we have a dream !!!

watching (what a smug and arrogant moniker, watching who? Are you the fucking Stasi, the East Fife thought police?) must have mates on the old board and can't get over the fact that they are, or will be, gone.

Or he just can't cope with change. Tough.