Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Manager??

Who do you think our new manager will be??? A big name will show the fans that the new board means business. If they have a new management team lined up I'm sure they will also have players lined up its go be an interesting new few weeks

Re: New Manager??

Christian Daily

For defo or is that a guess

BlackNdGold86
For defo or is that a guess

Well John McGlynn was seen at Bayview towards the end of last season so a possibility?

The Manager is a complete unknown to me and his assistant is a known ex manager and player (England and Scotland).

DLA
The Manager is a complete unknown to me and his assistant is a known ex manager and player (England and Scotland).

Take it it's willie aitchson then ?

In relation to new manager we have had names in football at the club without much success.
What's most important to the club is to have a manager who wants to succeed can get the players to play for him develop winning mentality and have the future if the club going forward as a corner stone .
Whoever it may be all can be asked for us everyone unite as one for the better of the club

DLA

Jim Mcintyre asst?

Mr Aitchinson to be the new manager.

I don't know why this is being kept a secret, the new manager is Willie Aitchison

fifer
I don't know why this is being kept a secret, the new manager is Willie Aitchison

Who's the assistant manager?

fifer

I have never heard of him. What is his background and experience?

Mad Man
fifer

I have never heard of him. What is his background and experience?

Youth Team manager as Cowden, Hearts. Think he's been at Oakley and Prestonpann also.

Was a youth team coach at east fife up until 2011 i think.

He's bald.

Willie Aitchison

That's all a bit underwhelming. But he seems to be the chosen one so lets hope he can attract some decent players and we can all get behind him.

It is a very surprising move by the new board and incredibly high risk. If results don't go well early on - well you can almost see the backlash already...here's hoping that its a stroke of brilliance.
I think the rest of Scottish football will be shocked that we have axed the well known and experienced Billy Brown for an unknown. However we'll just have to see. Fingers crossed.

Jimmy
It is a very surprising move by the new board and incredibly high risk. If results don't go well early on - well you can almost see the backlash already...here's hoping that its a stroke of brilliance.
I think the rest of Scottish football will be shocked that we have axed the well known and experienced Billy Brown for an unknown. However we'll just have to see. Fingers crossed.

Yes but Billy Brown was a nightmare despite being well known and his face was never going to fit now that Collumbine and Co. are history. As you say hopefully this is a piece of inspiration and it'll be interesting to see who the assistant manager is.

Why the secrecy over the new management team?

Stevie
Why the secrecy over the new management team?

It's started already!

I'm trying to think with a clear head on the suggested new managerial appointment. I wonder what the reaction would have been had Brown walked after Peterhead, the old board were still in place and went on to appoint this new chap? Personally, i think this site would be going mental at the appointment. On the face of it he has no experience whatsoever. Will he command respect from players, is he tactically adept, etc? I'm not suggesting experience is the be all and end all - the new Chelsea boss was of course 'the translator' at Barca and he's no bad! Similarly, we cant forget that Broon has been places! Perhaps the appointment suggests the long term plan of developing our youth is the objective given his roles appear to be youth oriented to date. Clearly this is no bad thing as we must think long term. I hope this isn't just a case of one of Mr McNeil's mates getting the job. Obviously, if Mr Atchison is formally announced I will be 100% behind him. Here's hoping this is the greatest managerial appointment since SAF was appointed by the Shire. As a back up plan, I'm off to Largs to get my coaching badges, do a stint with a youth team or two then get my hat in the ring when it's time for a change. Good luck to the new man! Hope for all our sakes you hit the ground running! Mon the Fife!

aitchison and KEVIN DRINKELL

Union Berlin
aitchison and KEVIN DRINKELL

Maybe I've missed it but I've yet to see any confirmation of this. Has the club made an official announcement?

Confirmed in the 'Scotsman' today;

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-two/billy-brown-leaves-east-fife-amid-club-takeover-1-2956661

Dont know how to do the link thing, so just paste in your browser.

Recon Billy Brown will be back at Bayview this coming season. No.2 to Jefferies.
He helped him at Dunfermline for pre-season working for free.
Not sure what the situation is at Dunfermline with regard to paying for an assistant but if there is one Jefferies will no doubt go for Brown.
I'm sure he'll get a rousing reception here!

Penpal
Recon Billy Brown will be back at Bayview this coming season. No.2 to Jefferies.
He helped him at Dunfermline for pre-season working for free.
Not sure what the situation is at Dunfermline with regard to paying for an assistant but if there is one Jefferies will no doubt go for Brown.
I'm sure he'll get a rousing reception here!

Well he'll need someone to put the cones out