Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Congratulations Eugene

Just thought it appropriate to say a massive congratulations to Eugene in surviving the cut.

Onwards and upwards now.

Re: Congratulations Eugene

Would have been suicide to axe the supporters rep from the board

Wonder why the fans forum link to aftn and PnB have been removed from the official site?

Jimmy
Would have been suicide to axe the supporters rep from the board

not to be picky Jimmy but Eugene is the trust rep (he is my pal n might beat me up when i c him tomoro nite if thats not clarified)

Penpal
Wonder why the fans forum link to aftn and PnB have been removed from the official site?

Bump.

Ok Hahaha, thanks for the info over the past few weeks, but you have now overstayed your welcome. God forbid if you are to be the new PR man for the club.

Having a pop at Eugene is not on, lifelong supporter who has put more time into the club than most of us. As for the link being taken off the club website, IS ANYONE ACTUALLY SURPRISED! This forum has over the years deteriorated into an embarrassment for most of us and the new board probably don't want any association with it. A clean break for the club.

Ian L
Ok Hahaha, thanks for the info over the past few weeks, but you have now overstayed your welcome. God forbid if you are to be the new PR man for the club.

Having a pop at Eugene is not on, lifelong supporter who has put more time into the club than most of us. As for the link being taken off the club website, IS ANYONE ACTUALLY SURPRISED! This forum has over the years deteriorated into an embarrassment for most of us and the new board probably don't want any association with it. A clean break for the club.

Umm.. I was never having a pop at him, I was being genuine!

He is virtually the only surviving employee and to accomplish that is excellent, considering the amount that were dropped!

Totally agree Ian L!.. Well said

Mucky Sock
Totally agree Ian L!.. Well said

FFS - I haven't had a pop at anyone since I started posting on this forum, Why would I start now especially since I'm considering joining the supporters club and getting myself a season ticket FS!

Just ignore them mate.
Some right fuck-wits on this forum.

Ian L

Lifelong supporter? He's a Stenny diehard, going way back.

There sure is, that was my point.

Ian L

PR man?? For all we know, Hahaha could be a female.

Ian L
There sure is, that was my point.

I was meaning you but you knew that.

Well Mr or Mrs FS, I have never insulted anyone on here on a personal level. I post under my own name, and I'm pretty sure most folk know who I am. But your replies are just another example of why this forum has gone downhill. Let's hope the new regime are able to replace all the folk who have donated their time and energy free of charge, solely for the love of East Fife.

I really am glad that we have moved forward and wish the new board every success, just don't go dumping the lifeblood of the club.

Ian L
Well Mr or Mrs FS, I have never insulted anyone on here on a personal level. I post under my own name, and I'm pretty sure most folk know who I am. But your replies are just another example of why this forum has gone downhill. Let's hope the new regime are able to replace all the folk who have donated their time and energy free of charge, solely for the love of East Fife.

I really am glad that we have moved forward and wish the new board every success, just don't go dumping the lifeblood of the club.

You insulted Hahaha did you not?
This is a guy who has had to endure a bit of stick despite keeping us covertly in the loop regarding whats happening behind the scenes yet you say he`s outstayed his welcome and god forbid he becomes pr man! Why??
He didn't insult Eugene Clark in any way, shape or form.

You need to get your facts straight Ian before having a wee rant.
Pot, kettle and all that.

FS
Ian L

You insulted Hahaha did you not?
This is a guy who has had to endure a bit of stick despite keeping us covertly in the loop regarding whats happening behind the scenes yet you say he`s outstayed his welcome and god forbid he becomes pr man! Why??
He didn't insult Eugene Clark in any way, shape or form.

You need to get your facts straight Ian before having a wee rant.
Pot, kettle and all that.

And you could well be insulting hahaha by calling them a guy.

DLA

And you could well be insulting hahaha by calling them a guy.

I've been called much worse...

Hahaha

Thanks for your words of congratulation. I'm happy to take them at face value.

Eugene

Thanks for clearing this up Eugene. If I have misinterpreted Hahaha's original message, I can only apologise, but it certainly looked a bit "diggy" on first reading.

Eugene Clarke
Hahaha

Eugene

Thank you Eugene and you're more than welcome, I can't wait for the new season to begin!

Hahaha
Eugene Clarke
Hahaha

Eugene

Thank you Eugene and you're more than welcome, I can't wait for the new season to begin!

New season cannot come soon enough for me also. Have you anything else planned this summer hahaha??

Hahaha
Ian L

Umm.. I was never having a pop at him, I was being genuine!

He is virtually the only surviving employee and to accomplish that is excellent, considering the amount that were dropped!

Hes the only person to confirm that he is going back, watch out for "former/current" directors remaining on the board!

Spot on John. A fair few folk are going to be pretty unhappy when they hear who will be remaining on the board.
So much for out with the old and in with the new.

Ian L
Thanks for clearing this up Eugene. If I have misinterpreted Hahaha's original message, I can only apologise, but it certainly looked a bit "diggy" on first reading.

Ian, may i also take this opportunity to apologise for calling you a fuckwit.

Congrats Clarkie!

Just to clarify what mini has said Eugene has nothing to do with the supporters club, he is the trust's rep, and the meeting tonight is a supporters club meeting, don't get me wrong I congratulate Eugene for still being elected as the Trusts Rep on the board and wish him every success in the future.