Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Squad

Any news on players coming to bayview or re-signing?

Re: Squad

any news, or even rumours would do for starters, on players or assistant manager?
Christian Nade
Michael Stewart
Craig Gordon

Neil McCann
Colin Cameron
Steven Pressley
Jim Jeffries ...playing up-front I hear ?

kenwit
any news, or even rumours would do for starters, on players or assistant manager?
Christian Nade
Michael Stewart
Craig Gordon

One of them has signed.

dougie hope
Neil McCann
Colin Cameron
Steven Pressley
Jim Jeffries ...playing up-front I hear ?

If this is how this thread is going to go then I hear we're getting Neymar and Hulk on loan as well as Lee Wallace and Bobo Baldé

bobo and the hulk I will take. but lee Wallace is scraping the barrel a bit

Dennis prychenko and Fraser Mullen been released by hearts they would be good signings.

lets get Ridgers back

just noticed davie white has signed for bonnyrigg

Drinkell is a footballing agent. Surely this is a good thing for us?

I'd love to see Campbell,Smith,Stoney and McBride return for next year.

halfpenny you should change your name to HAFWIT.

Halfpenny
Drinkell is a footballing agent. Surely this is a good thing for us?

I'd love to see Campbell,Smith,Stoney and McBride return for next year.

You'll away's get shot down by peeps that have their own opinions.
However I agree with you, and would add Antel, Brown, Willis, Barr and Div.....but as we know there is no chance of keeping all these players. Even if we did, we'd still need at least 8 more. Hope someone at the club has their finger on the pulse!

Whats so stupid about what i posted Davey Boy?

Campbell is a good CB at this level and was immense in the play off final. Then we have Stoney who was our player of the year and improved greatly throughout the season. Darren Smith is an excellent midfielder and motivator. Scott McBride scored some crucial goals and on his day is excellent.

I think you'll find that they will all give 100% each and every game.

Feel free to post your opinion tho instead of throwing insults about like a bairn because you happen to disagree.

Halfpenny
Whats so stupid about what i posted Davey Boy?

Campbell is a good CB at this level and was immense in the play off final. Then we have Stoney who was our player of the year and improved greatly throughout the season. Darren Smith is an excellent midfielder and motivator. Scott McBride scored some crucial goals and on his day is excellent.

I think you'll find that they will all give 100% each and every game.

Feel free to post your opinion tho instead of throwing insults about like a bairn because you happen to disagree.

I totally agree about Campbell, Stoney and Smith but I'm not at all convinced about McBride. When he's good he's good but when he's bad he's bloody awful!! Not good enough at this level for me.

darren smith,stoney,liam gormley,michael brown,christian nade all signed

Michael Brown has signed? I hope this is true!
Get McBride signed anaw!

club in talks with mcbride,campbell,durie,portuguese internationalist gomez,france lique 1 player, hope to have 10 players signed by end of week.

Interesting responses on twitter already casting some doubts already as to who has signed,ex-players saying one of players alleged to have signed hasn't and is in fact in mexico!!!!!!
This worries me that we are talking to lots of last seasons players,they are not good enough.

Was hoping Mcmanus would stay and get a good pre-season.

DPH
o

McManus is done. No way should he be offered a new deal.

Fookie Nell
DPH
o

McManus is not done .If he leaves he will come back and tear us apart. He was injured and when are you guys going to listen to people who keep saying it. I know him very well and let me tell you the lad would have done anything for this club and took pain injections to play every week because we had no one else who could play. Any club that gets him will no doubt get a dry good player when fit

Pam
Fookie Nell
DPH
o

McManus is not done .If he leaves he will come back and tear us apart. He was injured and when are you guys going to listen to people who keep saying it. I know him very well and let me tell you the lad would have done anything for this club and took pain injections to play every week because we had no one else who could play. Any club that gets him will no doubt get a dry good player when fit

Very

Couldn't agree more. Rushed bk fi fitness and I know he was deeply frustrated. He can still do a job and deserves it imo.

DPH
Couldn't agree more. Rushed bk fi fitness and I know he was deeply frustrated. He can still do a job and deserves it imo.

Well he definitely was and that says a lot about the lad, He would run through a brick wall for this club but wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to leave anyway. I would keep brown,Campbell,smith,durrie,Johnstone,McManus,mcbride and build around this.

Whats this obsession with mcbride,he is terrible no heart,no fight a poor player,i'm sure we should be looking for better players than him

Pam
DPH

Well he definitely was and that says a lot about the lad, He would run through a brick wall for this club but wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to leave anyway. I would keep brown,Campbell,smith,durrie,Johnstone,McManus,mcbride and build around this.

Delighted if we keep these players. Wonder if Willis has been approached, add him aswell.

McManus = done.

nande = done

anybody that thinks mcmanus is finished,is a clown, and knows nothing about football. he signed for eastfife last season and told the club he had picked up a injury into the last 3 games of the season last year, they said they would get it fixed if he signed, he had 7 other clubs to pick from but eastfife were his choice as his heart lies here, and he was fed up travelling, anyway the way this season went he never got the rest, and treatment he was promised, a total cock up by the backroom staff, till billy brown sent him to the kilmarnock physo who spotted the problem right away, no operation needed just rest, to which he never got.hence the half fit shagger we saw trying to play,so dont write off a goal machine who will come back fitter than ever, and will be out to prove the doubters wrong,how do i ken all this. i work with someone close to his family, who kens im a fife supporter and we chat about the fife regular and other football issues. i just hope if paul leaves he does not come back and show the doubters he can still get the goals, (against us)

I would have Paul back Bill if its any consolation. We need people who love the club playing for it and a fully fit McManus still has a lot to offer.

If Paul loves the club and he can still do a job then he should be signed.We need players that have an affinity with the club because when the chips are down they are the sort of players that come up with the goods.....remember just like Div Muir.

we have Gormley, Nade ( a target man,not a prolific goal scorer)and the youth strikers,it'll be interesting if another striker is added to the squad.
i'd have Paul back,effort and commitment is 2nd to none.

Can we not sign joe MBU for Cowdenbeath

We all moan about how bad our strikers were but ask this did they get good service from our so callled midfield. All we done all season was play the ball from bck to front every game or play the ball to a player on 500 a week and lost the balll every time.

I agree with Penpal,someone should talk to Willis......and ask him how he managed to play for a whole season and produce the sum total of fuck all!

Take it you think my opinion is wrong, I feel so insulted!

He'd be first pick on my team sheet, but again only my opinion.
Covers box to box and them some, and not scared to put his foot through the ball.

Most of our goals came from midfield and a couple from defenders.

To be fair our forwards had their fair share of injuries and didn't get much of a consistent run in the team. (On their game each of them have proven records).

But facts are facts.....end of!

Ah well that's me telt the facts.I must have imagined watching the guy producing absolutely hee haw week after week and allegedly taking home a tidy sum for his "efforts".I bow to your greater knowledge!

Trollhunter
Ah well that's me telt the facts.I must have imagined watching the guy producing absolutely hee haw week after week and allegedly taking home a tidy sum for his "efforts".I bow to your greater knowledge!

Correct! You have a vivid imagination and don't have a clue aboot fitba'.!

Sterling
If Paul loves the club and he can still do a job then he should be signed.We need players that have an affinity with the club because when the chips are down they are the sort of players that come up with the goods.....remember just like Div Muir.

No No No. Been there, seen it, done it DONE! Lets move on, Paul is old East Fife 3rd Div best. Never seen the best of him yet.

Fifer
Sterling

No No No. Been there, seen it, done it DONE! Lets move on, Paul is old East Fife 3rd Div best. Never seen the best of him yet.

Exactly.

Fifer
Sterling

Fair enough, any suggestions for strikers for next season?

Come on, I like you could list a hundred possible strikers but we do not hold the purse strings so a pointless suggestion. Paul is not for the future.

Ryan Donnelly would be a good signing - released from Airdrie

Heard a lot about the
Leven United lad,Fash I think he's called. Trials for the Arabs and
Partick. New regime could surely sway a local lad.

fash was only last week called up for the Scotland amateur team

I heard he sign for Ablion rovers but yeah of course he wolud be good

Ismaël Bouzid

Ian L
Heard a lot about the

I was at the Leven united game last night, in my opinion fash wasn't upto much. This is the first time I have see him play so it may have just been an off game. But in my opinion I thought he was very poor on the ball, when it was at his feet. He had 2/3 1 on 1 opportunities and was completely uncomposed on front on goal just gave the, straight to the keeper. Although he did score it was just a follow in on a team mates shot.

Craig Gordon/Kenny Arthur (Gk)

Scott Durie Ishmael Bouzid Steven Campbell Gary Naysmith

Bobby Barr, Stephen Hughes, Darren Smith, Iain Flannigan

Christian Nade and Collin Samuel

subs:
Scott Fox, Darren McCormack, Paul Willis, Scott McBride and Liam Gormley/Paul McManus/Nuno Gomez

i am only dreaming if that could happen at East Fife

Zezinando Gomes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zezinando

It must have been an off game HHH, I've played the same age group as Fash all the way through football from u12s and the only player through that I've seen better on the ball is Shaun Byrne, now at Dunfermline (who he played in the same team with). Fash with the ball at his feet is technically a great player and always has been along with his finishing, was forever rumours at boys club thy he had trials here there and everywhere just none of the came to fruition. I personally think a move for him would be breathe of fresh air in our league as opposed to 29> year old has beens. The new board should make a conscious effort to get him.

McCarroll
I personally think a move for him would be breathe of fresh air in our league as opposed to 29> year old has beens. The new board should make a conscious effort to get him.

I for one wouldnt want a local player in the area of Levenmouth/Glenrothes to join our rivals dunfermline or Raith as they can't break into the first team at East Fife FC. Players like Shaun Bryne who attended Buckhaven High School and played in the school team aswell as a club then signed for now Dunfermline and made it, something the club has missed on trying to get the youth system better. I agree with you we need to see hungry, promising players like this at our club and become the next Paul McManus at the club too many has made it but not good enough to even make the bench regular like last season and then when we do they all signed for Glenrothes Juniors etc the next year...

Oh B-T-W
McCarroll
I personally think a move for him would be breathe of fresh air in our league as opposed to 29> year old has beens. The new board should make a conscious effort to get him.

I for one wouldnt want a local player in the area of Levenmouth/Glenrothes to join our rivals dunfermline or Raith as they can't break into the first team at East Fife FC. Players like Shaun Bryne who attended Buckhaven High School and played in the school team aswell as a club then signed for now Dunfermline and made it, something the club has missed on trying to get the youth system better. I agree with you we need to see hungry, promising players like this at our club and become the next Paul McManus at the club too many has made it but not good enough to even make the bench regular like last season and then when we do they all signed for Glenrothes Juniors etc the next year...

i believe you already have a decent core of young players at your club, some of which have appeared in the first team/squad aready, why they didnt get more of a chance thats for BB to answer. I have watched a few games first team and reserve and these young lads when they got a chance in the reserve games didnt let themselves down in my opinion. We have to bear in mind they were only playing the odd game here and there. Brown (midfield) good young prospect Shaw (keeper) again good young prospect, both i thought were outstanding in the last reserve game against a strong Livi. i have also heard thet are bringing attention to themselves from other clubs, not sure on the validity of that though, it did come from a reasonable source however.

bringing the young lads into the set up cant do any harm at least they and the fans will then find out for sure and you never know ther could be that hidden gem who flourishes with the first team/squad. nothing ventured nothing gained, why have a youth if your not going to make attempts to promote them and see if they can handle it.

good player bangs them in fur leven and was exactly the same at high school nd he only bout 20 so.a think worth a trial

would bring in Gary Naysmith, Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor, Stephen Hughes, Iain Flannigan still decent players waiting for clubs to sign and still would be great signings for us in the second along with Nade and Bouzid.

Oh B-T-W
would bring in Gary Naysmith, Derek Riordan, Garry O'Connor, Stephen Hughes, Iain Flannigan still decent players waiting for clubs to sign and still would be great signings for us in the second along with Nade and Bouzid.

All on a budget less than last season ?????????????

Oh B-T-W

We'd be a Newco by the end o pre-season if we signed these players

kenwit
Oh B-T-W

We'd be a Newco by the end o pre-season if we signed these players

and achieving what Lee said in his meeting about us being in the 1st Division, and signing those players would only give us 10 players out of 11, we still need another four to have our strongest team and 14 exprience players with the rest being youth full time which would take the total to 24 like McNeil said.

The Newco'Sveco'Clydebank 2/Rangers would still outclass us with players with ex-SPL players of last season and have a full squad already and its the 9th June.

An Italian Serie B striker and former Hearts trialist Fellatio due at Bayview this week

Can we not sign pat Pat Clarke he be good

Japanese winger Bukkake will sign this week. He's played 69 times in the J-League.

Seen Bukkake before and looked like Messi. Not sure if Bukkake would be a bit of a luxury though?

He has some shot on him. Not a bad dribbler too.

That well known Italian striker Fuctivano has been seen loitering dockside in the last few days as well.
Fuctivano & Fellatio up front, what a pairing!

Colin
Can we not sign pat Pat Clarke he be good

no seen him 3 times at starks and not impressed and we dont nerd anymore raith rejects

Brett Pittman has asked for the release in his contract with AFC Bournemouth to join the Bayview revolution. Word is that Ricky Foster is also wanting to come back to Scotland from Bristol City & Bayview is his preferred destination.
This is so exciting isn't it Gareth & Keano? Champion's League anyone?

No changes they will come to east fife just like Connor samon and Tom INCS no way we get them

There is no way we could get some of the players mentioned on this page. I would happily take an Andy Kirk who was previously of dunfermline and maybe even Ryan Wallace on a full time contract if the Pars can't afford him.

These are just examples of the kind of players we should try and sign, without breaking the bank!

David Francey
That well known Italian striker Fuctivano has been seen loitering dockside in the last few days as well.
Fuctivano & Fellatio up front, what a pairing!

Like the sound of these guys who do they play for and do you think we can get them? happy days

Ian L
Heard a lot about the

i believe he played for dundee united at youth level but dropped out due to something racist

he also plays for the crown on a sunday, ive played against him myself, hes got lightning pace and is also 6ft+

I take it you played FIFA on the PS3 against him.

I see Gardeth Wardlaw and Ross Brewster have signed for Hill of Beath!!!
I take it these are permanent moves or are they loans???

Gareth wardlaw - footballs answer to professor stephen hawkins. ...Useless wi his feet n limited ability wi his head

grasshopper
Gareth wardlaw - footballs answer to professor stephen hawkins. ...Useless wi his feet n limited ability wi his head

Speaks volumes for the idiot that signed him.

Smith has agreed terms with Arbroath

What
Smith has agreed terms with Arbroath

Ahhwell...we've got a better replacement in Johnny Stewart

Ryan Stewart has signed for the club. He's an ex Brechin midfielder

Tall Fifer
Ryan Stewart has signed for the club. He's an ex Brechin midfielder

Ex Hearts youth, going by my twitter stalking he seemed to previously have been coached by aitchison there. A few more ex-Hearts on their way?

Nade official, as is a French player called Dutot, think his first name is Alexis, a defender as far as I am aware.

-------------Andrews----------
-------Durie Thom Dutot Stonie---
Willis R.Stewart R.Brown J.Stewart McBride
--------------K.Nade-----------

Can anyone with some spare time do an age check on our squad so far? Im reckoning average age 22.

Imo glad to see Willis back,can travel with the ball, carrying the team 30,40yards upfield without the urge to punt it, good athletic player, not a wide player though.

Heard a rumour fash will sign before weekend

I heard the Fash rumour at work today. Hope it`s true as anyone better than an unfit K.Nade.

Who is fash? What position does he play? Is he any good/age etc etc

FASH!!!...ah ah.....Saviour of the universe!!

fiferbaz
Who is fash? What position does he play? Is he any good/age etc etc

Young local lad, used to come along to my works 7 a side nights so hard to say but he's quick and very skillful. Attacking player

Tam
FASH!!!...ah ah.....Saviour of the universe!!

Fash seems to be highly rated, hopefully all the Fashists are right and we've signed a great prospect.

Aye, there's some dedicated followers of Fash on here.

kinky stuff eh!!!!

On a negative thought if we are promoted we'll need to add to the 14 or so players left after the loans go back to their parent clubs to avoid us being in the same boat as Brechin city-Alloa position - the Aston Villa of Scottish football and not all will have agreed to sign a new deal like Kevin Smith the plus note the squad we have right now are a cracking bunch and togetherness about them who i think will achieve play-offs maybe automatic promotion which will be great stuff go for it then see who is free and avaliable but Gary i trust to bring the players in the next level when we get there that is and this season we have all seen the work and effort hes made after two seasons.

We gave Gary time and in a month got four wins put together a strong squad now cannot wait for saturday! #AlwaysBelieve