Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To Lee Murray

Let me be the first to welcome Lee to East Fife. It is great to see a LOCAL buying into something close to his heart/business. All the best Lee and I am sure you will add something to the community.
Cheers

Re: To Lee Murray

Amen to that!

But don't forget Brian McNeill as if it wasn't for him we would be stuck with the sticky finger crew!

Hahaha
Amen to that!

But don't forget Brian McNeill as if it wasn't for him we would be stuck with the sticky finger crew!

Brian, Thank you

Hahaha
Amen to that!

Yes, we can`t forget Brian McNeil can we Hahaha.

Fifer
Let me be the first to welcome Lee to East Fife. It is great to see a LOCAL buying into something close to his heart/business. All the best Lee and I am sure you will add something to the community.
Cheers

Yes. Welcome to East Fife F.C. Lee. Chairman of East Fife is to us fans a high profile position which will keep you in the public eye all over the country. We have had an embarressment of chairmen in our recent past who had followed greats. I hope that history will place you among the former.

As you will have noticed, the excitement among the fans is building and for the first time since the Clarke days there is an air of positiveness about East Fife. I hope now that the fans will back you once we here your ambitions for the club. One thing i would beg from the fans! PATIENCE. How sad it would be if the impossible to please start their barricking if we dont do well. Im sure you are already aware of this as we are country wide famous now for having a very high percentage of I.T.P's Again, welcome and the very best of luck.

Fifey
we are country wide famous now for having a very high percentage of I.T.P's.

i have no idea what ITP stands for but i get the drift. what a lot of bollocks. we are country wide famous for having a (former) manager who lost the plot. that's what they were talking about country-wide, not the exaggerated number of bayview boo boys. do you think sky tv featured billy brown because the british public was so incredibly amazed that football fans were booing a team that had not won in four months?

fifer
Fifey
we are country wide famous now for having a very high percentage of I.T.P's.

i have no idea what ITP stands for but i get the drift. what a lot of bollocks. we are country wide famous for having a (former) manager who lost the plot. that's what they were talking about country-wide, not the exaggerated number of bayview boo boys. do you think sky tv featured billy brown because the british public was so incredibly amazed that football fans were booing a team that had not won in four months?

My God, such anger! Cmon Fifer, brave new world, lets stop the slagging of each other. As for the "bollocks" part? I consider fans from peterheed down to stranraer and across to ayr as pretty much country wide. They all knew thst if they got the first goal at bayview the ITP (impossible to please) would start, game over.

P.s.
Enjoy life, love your fellow fans, lifes too short to be angry. Your an East Fife fan, so am i. Respect to you Fifer.

Hahaha
Amen to that!

....but, you said you haven't insulted anybody on this site. What is the above statement about then? Your choice of username doesn't exactly make you out you be a conciliator, more like a smug wee boy because you know more than others.

Nae offence like, I am happy about the way things appear to be turning out, I just don't like smart Alecs.

Hahaha
Amen to that!

Yes Brian seems to have done well. Would be ideal if he had that physio qualification for next season as the club will need to find a physio

Nae offence like...
Hahaha
Amen to that!

....but, you said you haven't insulted anybody on this site. What is the above statement about then? Your choice of username doesn't exactly make you out you be a conciliator, more like a smug wee boy because you know more than others.

Nae offence like, I am happy about the way things appear to be turning out, I just don't like smart Alecs.

The above statement is simply what it says.

Brian McNeill headed the consortium and Lee was brought into it.

So if it wasn't for McNeill we would be stuck.

If you find something insulting in that then fair enough.

Hahaha
Nae offence like...
Hahaha
Amen to that!

The above statement is simply what it says.

Brian McNeill headed the consortium and Lee was brought into it.

So if it wasn't for McNeill we would be stuck.

If you find something insulting in that then fair enough.

I just think as adults, you could have a better choice of words mate. Usually, when language like that is used, there is some history between the two parties, otherwise why inflame the situation, when you have got the outcome you wanted?