Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
latest

Number 2 is Kevin Drinkell

Collumbine is chairman until July 1st unless he steps down before then.

The new structure will be: Lee Murray (chair); David Hsmilton (vice chair) and McNeil will be Director of Football. Cargill will be football secretary.

Ian Henderson has resigned in protest.

Twigg and Johnson shares have been bought.

Collumbine says its regrettable the way the hostile takeover has happened.

Billy Brown says that he decided to resign as he would only only work for the old board, and feels it better to let the new board appoint their own man

Re: latest

It's a shame that Davie Hamilton is involved in this as I find him an odious little man.However Hopefully the new regime will manage to take East Fife forward as that of course is the most important thing.

I like the sound of this and the old shares have been confirmed bought by these new people on our board, hopefully they make east fife successful as coming into the club and investing in their hometown team. I know i would do the same if i had the money but i would like to wish them the best.
Its great to see brian appointed as director of football, hes been keen about our club for some time and has been around the club as physio for years and knows what is expected at the club both on and hopefully off it. I hope he makes the youths succesful in getting to the first team that needs to be address asap but im sure he will too..no much talent that holded enough appreace for first team since the days when steven fortune was here and look where he went to the juniors.
David hamilton was at the club before and left but i hope he has had a change of heart and do a fine job at the club. But the new board sound hungry and i hope they get the success at the club and put the club in the right direction.
Would love to be at the meeting tonight to find out what they want but i will hear on this instead and read the comments from others.
I dont know much about drinkell or aitchison but im happy and let them enjoy their management of my hometown club in methil, hopefully the can be a coup for this club like SAF back in the days at shire.
I cant wait to see the new team in pre-season, so buzzing.
Will it be henderson leaving us?

Mon The Fife!
Hendry Ireland

Agree with what you say but still a bit sceptical about these managerial appointments. But let's see what transpires and hopefully they will have resources to attract some good players and keep the 5 or 6 from last seasons squad that are actually worth keeping.

Drinkell has his a players agency. was a manager at stirling albion and montrose.

Terracing Now!
Agree with what you say but still a bit sceptical about these managerial appointments. But let's see what transpires and hopefully they will have resources to attract some good players and keep the 5 or 6 from last seasons squad that are actually worth keeping.

Thank you and your correct about keeping some of last season players on then adding strength to that team. We also need to find that someone to replace div who was our key man in the middle and smith was overlooked by bb so dunno if he can cope another season in this leauge i maybe wrong.
I Love to see us sign gavin rae fae aberdeen, he would be worth his exprience to fill that gap left for sure but i am just dreaming.
Correct i hope they both have plenty resources than the pervious man before to go in the market for players than sign a player like keenan who proved to be a pointless loan signing made by bb in january, the only recruitment he made and has since signed another deal with thistle through here...i find that strange as he only played in a few games and dissapear from the team like sean jamieson at the end.
But also i hope other fans including me give the guys incharge their chance in doing well for the team and for the future ahead..and fans willingy pay for season ticket etc to give the board and managemnet their funds for players now the takeover has been confirmed and completed. Also we wont have to worry about twigg or rankin's'etc names as shareholders of the club on here ever again.
Im looking forward to this new era as a club and im happy.
Roll on pre-season now!

Wiggy
It's a shame that Davie Hamilton is involved in this as I find him an odious little man.However Hopefully the new regime will manage to take East Fife forward as that of course is the most important thing.

Odious is too good a word for Hamilton, he is a rude, obnoxious, egotistical little twat and appointing him to the board is a huge step backwards for East Fife.

boaby lover
Wiggy

Odious is too good a word for Hamilton, he is a rude, obnoxious, egotistical little twat and appointing him to the board is a huge step backwards for East Fife.

Agree and I bet Zak is spitting feathers. Can't see what this little man can bring to the club. But then again maybe for some service rendered. Just be careful of what is said.

Glad its all sorted, now lets look forward to a great season ahead.
Wish all at the club the best of luck going forward

According to the today's Courier
Number 2 is Kevin Drinkell

Collumbine is chairman until July 1st unless he steps down before then.

The new structure will be: Lee Murray (chair); David Hsmilton (vice chair) and McNeil will be Director of Football. Cargill will be football secretary.

Ian Henderson has resigned in protest.

Twigg and Johnson shares have been bought.

Collumbine says its regrettable the way the hostile takeover has happened.

Billy Brown says that he decided to resign as he would only only work for the old board, and feels it better to let the new board appoint their own man

Twigg and Johnson shares have NOT been bought out. The Courier report says there is an agreement to buy out those shares. This agreement is that the sale will happen over the next few years, not right now. Who knows what will happen during those years? Samantha will be 18 in two years from now and might want to keep her shares. Or the major share owners and the new chairman might fall out (like has just happened with Sid). No-one should believe it is a done deal.

Not convinced about Drinkell and wonder what Davie Hamilton brings to the table. However, There is much more optimism and hopefully the atmosphere around the club will be lifted by the changes. Hopefully it will go well and the new set up will be given a decent honeymoon period by the support.

Q