Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Full-Time and Nade

Full-time Bulgarians ?

Re: Full-Time and Nade

Check EF official site - see twitter updates.

Following this on twitter. Exciting times, big plans, full--time players, expanded ground....

Anyone know what Gomez first name is or who the French Ligue 1 player is ?

David Beckham?

This is so exciting I crapping my pants here.

Holy shit!! I am delighted. Mon the Fife.

Conversation on twitter between Bobby Barr and Div suggesting the players they say they've signed is a lot of rubbish...

And how would they know? They are the ones talking shite

How would they know of any players we have signed they ain't affiliated with the club or the new regime sounds like sour grapes and/or fans trying to stop us from getting excited for future of the club

According to Michael Brown on Twitter he hasnt met with Aitchison/Drinkell yet, never mind signed on for next season.

Beginning to wonder how much of tonight's Q&A may turn out to be false promises.

Barr and Muir have a point. Two of the players we have "signed" are on holiday and there is nothing on their twitter. Barr also days he got a txt from another saying he hadn't signed.

Suppose that could change though. A lot of good noises coming from the board, maybe to get season ticket money?
Don't wont to sound pessimistic. Murray has a good record with his pubs so maybe he will maximise the use of Bayview on match days, the installation of Sky is a start. It might seem small but surely a well run club bar Pre and post match is a good money earner?

Smaller budget but FT manager and players? How have they managed that? Bonus incentives to boost their wage is a possibility. Or maybe the players are "Sponsored" by an agent or other person to get themselves in the shop window. If this is the case the only worry would be if the "sponsor" withdrew his support.

However I am sure we will here more in the coming days exciting/scary times.

St. Pauli will you be returning to Bayview? Same question to the others who left during the season.
i'd like to think this can be a fresh start for all of us and get behind the team both vocally and financially.

is Nade all that, looking at his Hearts record and old forum stuff they reckon he was a fat, lazy git. 83 games, 8 goals

2007–2010 Hearts 83 (8)

This all seems to good to be true,can't see how we can sustain full time football on our crowds etc wgen teams in first can't do it.Budget lesx for players than last year so how does that stack up with going full time,still lots of questions to be answered but i hope its achievable,not sure tho

I don't think we're full time. Think we'll have 5 or 6 FT players and the rest will be PT.

think what was meant was that the youths at the club are already full-time and that another dozen or so players will sign full-time.
1st team squad of 22-24 made up of existing youths,experienced pro's and young talent from abroad.

14/15 players will be full time but that includes the 10 full time kids that were there last year.
Overall playing budget is less than last year - that's what was said at meeting tonight

Two posts from Hearts kickback forum re Nade tonight...

"This is right up there with Mo Jo signing for Rangers"

and

"Just spoke to Nade and he denied flat out that he has signed for east fife"

kenwit
think what was meant was that the youths at the club are already full-time and that another dozen or so players will sign full-time.
1st team squad of 22-24 made up of existing youths,experienced pro's and young talent from abroad.

just 4/5 full time players additional to the ten youngsters - that's what was said

Words of warning same messages came from -CLAUDE ANELKA- Raith took 5 years to get over that period.

5 players from last season (unknown if their full-time) 10 youths that you state so what about the others that they hope to sign,the Portuguese,French,Togo etc ? plus still to speak to Durie and McBride

Raith Raver
Words of warning same messages came from -CLAUDE ANELKA- Raith took 5 years to get over that period.

Too true. Let's hope the Trust are keeping a close eye on what's happening or it could go from farcical fantasy to disastrous.

St Pauli Fifer
Raith Raver

Too true. Let's hope the Trust are keeping a close eye on what's happening or it could go from farcical fantasy to disastrous.

I'm worried also. This could be a huge disaster
The ten kids - are they good enough to make a break into the first team? Well they would have to have improved dramatically over the close season because they weren't good enough last season.

Lee Murray said that he would take 7th position just now, and I have to say I would too. This is a huge risk policy.

St Pauli Fifer
Raith Raver

Ah, SPF, always a happy bunny....

With all this concern why did no one raise their concerns to the people who have the answers or not last night?

First of all I love EAST FIFE and I am very excited by the news. The one thing that worries me is that having watched Christian Nade many time at Hearts I would have to say he is the worst striker I have ever seen.
He does have a bit of a touch however is slow (over bulked), cant jump or head (at all) and has no idea where to run or how to make a run into the box. His scoring record with Hearts was abysmal (8 goals in 83 games). In total from 1999 to 2012 he has played 186 games and scored 20...or just over 1 goal a year.

I hope he turns out to be good.....but i honestly think he will be worst than Dougie McCracken.

HD
First of all I love EAST FIFE and I am very excited by the news. The one thing that worries me is that having watched Christian Nade many time at Hearts I would have to say he is the worst striker I have ever seen.
He does have a bit of a touch however is slow (over bulked), cant jump or head (at all) and has no idea where to run or how to make a run into the box. His scoring record with Hearts was abysmal (8 goals in 83 games). In total from 1999 to 2012 he has played 186 games and scored 20...or just over 1 goal a year.

I hope he turns out to be good.....but i honestly think he will be worst than Dougie McCracken.

Anyone playing that amoint of games at any level surely must be good? 186 games. The magers must have been happy enough to keep playing. In looking up your stats, did u check for assists??

Remember Romanov picked the Hearts Team from Lithuania and not the manager.....I will be honest at Hearts I dont remember any assists. Believe me what I say he was shocking. He couldn't even make score in Thailand ...and that's saying something

He hasn't been a prolific goal scorer at all(although that may change when he comes down to our level). He is a battering ram - hopefully he will be able to knock the ball down for his fellow striker (Gormley?)

Anyone playing that amoint of games at any level surely must be good? 186 games. The magers must have been happy enough to keep playing. In looking up your stats, did u check for assists??[/quote]

been numerous players over the years that have played year on/out and been hated by their own fans, Darren Mackie at Aberdeen, Nade at Hearts as examples

Remember Romanov picked the Hearts Team from Lithuania and not the manager.....I will be honest at Hearts I dont remember any assists. Believe me what I say he was shocking. He couldn't even make score in Thailand ...and that's saying something